or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox - The April boxes

Birchbox - The April boxes - Page 5

post #121 of 2779

I just got the chance to sign up :)

 

Do you girls think I will get my first box in April?

post #122 of 2779
Thread Starter 

Yes, you should. Today is the cut off day if I recall correctly.

post #123 of 2779

I was wondering that too.. I was also wondering if I could gift myself on my other account. I already have a second account but maybe I can gift a larger month amount without paying monthly.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post


I hope that's not true. If it is, can you do a gift account...gifted to yourself?


 

post #124 of 2779

Does anyone know around what date the links for the month's boxes get posted? This will be my first regular BB! I got the TV box for my first month :) I'm so excited!

post #125 of 2779

Usually the 10th.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by javagirl87 View Post

Does anyone know around what date the links for the month's boxes get posted? This will be my first regular BB! I got the TV box for my first month :) I'm so excited!



 

post #126 of 2779

That is strange because when I upgraded my account to yearly it gave me the option to use my 700 points to decrease the cost, but I chose not to.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes View Post

I just did the live chat and asked if you can use your points to upgrade to a yearly and they said this:

 

The only account type that your Birchbox points can be used for is a gift account.

 

Well that stinks ):



 

post #127 of 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

Have you guys been to Teavana? Their herbal teas are soooooo good.



I LOVE it there, but the closest one to me is about an hour away, so every time I'm near I try to stop. I am a big tea drinker, hot or iced and I love pretty much every flavor I've come across. I have never received tea in my BB! I get Eco Emi, though, so that makes up for it icon_cheesygrin.gif

post #128 of 2779

Byt the time the first of the month rolls around, I start getting more and more obsessed with Birchbox.  Just 9 more days...

 

I thought all of the March boxes were pretty amazing.  I'm wondering if BB might give out some of the March regular box samples to the folks who got the Teen Vogue boxes? There were so many great products, I wouldnt mind that at all.  I would love to try the haircare items, the One Love balm, the Eva Lom product, the pomegranate shower gel, that nice hand soap, ect.  I would be really excited to get any of those products.  I would also love to try a new hand cream or any kind of skin care item.  I watched countless Birchbox videos on You Tube before I signed up, and the fact they give out so many skin care items is the main reason I signed up.  I love that stuff!  April will be my 4th month as a Birchbox subscriber, and I havnet been disappointed yet. 

post #129 of 2779

I'm on the waiting list for a 3rd subscription, mainly because I know they give out a mix of past month and current month samples to the newbies and I want to try some of the things from the March boxes that I didnt receive.  I haven't gotten the email yet though, so its probably getting late for an April box.  I loved both of my March boxes  (TV #2 and box # 21)  I just want to try the products I didnt recieve.   

post #130 of 2779


Good for you!  I dont have that kind of willpower.  As soon as my bank hits 100 points, I buy something.  Well, I shop at least a couple times a month at BB anyway, so if I have enough points to get the 10.00 off, I use them.  I'm going to try to save them up from now on though.  I dont know if I can, but I'm going to try.  I dont generally buy a lot at once at BB, usually just one or two items at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post

Omg... seven points away from $70 in BB points! I want to go shopping so badly!



 

post #131 of 2779

It sort of happened all at once, honestly. I did a lot of Christmas shopping for my family with Birchbox, and I also received a few 100 point additions because products were damaged or missing for a couple months :\. I also got a referral! That was like the happiest thing that happened to me this year, lol!

post #132 of 2779


If I had that much in BB points, I would treat myself to something nice for spring!  Pedicure stuff probably, for sandal season.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post

It sort of happened all at once, honestly. I did a lot of Christmas shopping for my family with Birchbox, and I also received a few 100 point additions because products were damaged or missing for a couple months :\. I also got a referral! That was like the happiest thing that happened to me this year, lol!



 

post #133 of 2779

 

I'm currently at something like 550 points.  I'm keeping an eye on the new items because I'm going to need facial cleanser soon, and I would like to add new items to hit the free shipping total, but I'll be saving my points until later in the year since my point expirations start happening in November, so I'm currently planning on a shopping spree no later than Thanksgiving.  Or using them for a bonus Limited Edition box that I want but can't bring myself to spend actual money on, assuming such a creature appears before Thanksgiving.  I bought the Just Because box last year, and it was nice, but I don't think I would spend *money* on it again (it's funny how much easier it is to resist buyig certain things when I have money than it is when I'm broke).  But buying it with points, especially ones with a use-them-or-lose-them deadline?  Absolutely!  To me, points are basically a gift card shoved in the back of my wallet until I am having a really crappy day or really want something otherwise out of my budget.  It's like when I really wanted to buy some comforting holiday goodies at Trader Joe's but didn't have any money, and then my landlord gave me a TJ's gift card.  Hello, Speculoos, two different kinds of winter tea, and Pfefferneusse!  

 

I'm also holding off on placing an order until I see what new things are added for April.  I want to buy more stuff (it's spring, so I feel like I need some celebratory stuff.  I really like seasonal things because they make more days feel *special*.  Plus I recently paid off my car, plus I've had a rough past several years, so I feel like it's time to pamper myself), but there's not really a lot currently available that I want *now*.  There are a couple of nail polishes I would like for the fall, but I don't want to buy them *now* since they would just be shoved in a drawer until October, plus they're Zoya, and that company frequently has awesome specials, so I'm reluctant to buy them from any source other than Zoya.  Or, even better, a swap, since then I would only have to pay for postage.  

 
post #134 of 2779

i just placed an order.  I got a lip cream/balm that looks great.  and a few other things

post #135 of 2779


You should go on the Birchbox Open Trade thread to trade the things you don't want from your boxes for the things that you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

Byt the time the first of the month rolls around, I start getting more and more obsessed with Birchbox.  Just 9 more days...

 

I thought all of the March boxes were pretty amazing.  I'm wondering if BB might give out some of the March regular box samples to the folks who got the Teen Vogue boxes? There were so many great products, I wouldnt mind that at all.  I would love to try the haircare items, the One Love balm, the Eva Lom product, the pomegranate shower gel, that nice hand soap, ect.  I would be really excited to get any of those products.  I would also love to try a new hand cream or any kind of skin care item.  I watched countless Birchbox videos on You Tube before I signed up, and the fact they give out so many skin care items is the main reason I signed up.  I love that stuff!  April will be my 4th month as a Birchbox subscriber, and I havnet been disappointed yet. 



 

post #136 of 2779
Quote:

Originally Posted by meaganola View Post 

It's like when I really wanted to buy some comforting holiday goodies at Trader Joe's but didn't have any money, and then my landlord gave me a TJ's gift card.  Hello, Speculoos, two different kinds of winter tea, and Pfefferneusse!  


Im the biggest trader joes nut!

haha Im in love with that cookie butter!!! I ate it out of the jar with my hands last week. I felt like the biggest pig ever. My store carries it year round which rocks. My favorite TJ holiday product is for sure the Candy Cane Trader Joe Joe's I was so mad at myself that I didnt buy more than 2 boxes since they ran out of them quickly. Next year Im buying 5 boxes at least.

post #137 of 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Yes, you should. Today is the cut off day if I recall correctly.



actually I signed up on the 6th of Feb and got a box that month, I just got mine delivered later than everyone else. 

post #138 of 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by snllama View Post


Im the biggest trader joes nut!

haha Im in love with that cookie butter!!! I ate it out of the jar with my hands last week. I felt like the biggest pig ever. My store carries it year round which rocks. My favorite TJ holiday product is for sure the Candy Cane Trader Joe Joe's I was so mad at myself that I didnt buy more than 2 boxes since they ran out of them quickly. Next year Im buying 5 boxes at least.



I too am a Trader Joes junkie! I just got done eating a chickenless chicken wrap (my fave lunch) made almost purely from Trader Joes items! biggrin.gif

 

- tortilla from Trader Joes 

- a bit of low fat dairy free and egg free mayo from Trader Joes 

- a dash of Cajun spice

- chickenless nuggets from Trader Joes (I line up 3 or 4 of them in a row, like one long strip)

- Daiya (absolutely delicious Vegan cheese) http://www.daiyafoods.com/

- organic Spinach from Trader Joes

 

Wrap it up and enjoy! It's SO yummy! 

 

That said, I'm not even a Vegan (I love bacon far too much to become one, lol) but I eat Vegan/Vegetarian 80% of the time. My body feels so much better after my Vegan meals. True story. I also drink tons of water and tea. I'm lactose intolerant (thanks Mom) so I prefer almond milk, coconut milk, and veggie cheese. I can eat normal cheese, and do sometimes, but prefer how I feel after eating veggie cheese. ONLY Daiya. Veggie Shreds make me wanna yack. I haven't acquired a taste for it, plus other than tofu and a few other things, I'm trying to limit the amount of soy I eat (Veggie Shreds are soy based, contains milk protein, and not truly Vegan).

post #139 of 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by snllama View Post


Im the biggest trader joes nut!

haha Im in love with that cookie butter!!! I ate it out of the jar with my hands last week. I felt like the biggest pig ever. My store carries it year round which rocks. My favorite TJ holiday product is for sure the Candy Cane Trader Joe Joe's I was so mad at myself that I didnt buy more than 2 boxes since they ran out of them quickly. Next year Im buying 5 boxes at least.



I found Biscoff spread -- apparently the same thing as Speculoos -- at Grocery Outlet yesterday for $1.99 a jar!  I was tempted to buy a whole bunch, but I have an unopened jar *plus* my first opened-in-December-but-barely-touched-since jar, so I don't need any more.  I should go back and stock up on cheese, though.  There's this one particular feta product (cute little cubes, in olive oil with herbs and spices.  *So good* in spaghetti sauce or on pizza!) that I love but rarely buy because it's usually around $7 a jar.  The Grotlet had it for $1.99 a jar.  I need to clean out my fridge first because I don't have the room for a dozen jars of that stuff!

post #140 of 2779


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloLeilani View Post



I too am a Trader Joes junkie! I just got done eating a chickenless chicken wrap (my fave lunch) made almost purely from Trader Joes items! biggrin.gif

 

- tortilla from Trader Joes 

- a bit of low fat dairy free and egg free mayo from Trader Joes 

- a dash of Cajun spice

- chickenless nuggets from Trader Joes (I line up 3 or 4 of them in a row, like one long strip)

- Daiya (absolutely delicious Vegan cheese) http://www.daiyafoods.com/

- organic Spinach from Trader Joes

 

Wrap it up and enjoy! It's SO yummy! 

 

That said, I'm not even a Vegan (I love bacon far too much to become one, lol) but I eat Vegan/Vegetarian 80% of the time. My body feels so much better after my Vegan meals. True story. I also drink tons of water and tea. I'm lactose intolerant (thanks Mom) so I prefer almond milk, coconut milk, and veggie cheese. I can eat normal cheese, and do sometimes, but prefer how I feel after eating veggie cheese. ONLY Daiya. Veggie Shreds make me wanna yack. I haven't acquired a taste for it, plus other than tofu and a few other things, I'm trying to limit the amount of soy I eat (Veggie Shreds are soy based, contains milk protein, and not truly Vegan).


That sounds yummy! I forgot to add that I love TJs Soy Chorizo. It is so damn tasty! And I love their Super Food Ready Made salad. I bring it to work almost every week.

TJs has vegan mayo!? Ill have to look for it, I dont really like mayo, but Ive wanted to make artichoke dip for a few weeks. 

 

And daiya is a thing of the god's. I buy a pack of each flavor and freeze them. It just takes a few extra seconds to get it to melt but that way it never goes bad and always tastes fresh! And it doesnt really clump up or anything. 

 

Ive never had Veggie Shreds but I think its so stupid that companies that cater to veggies/vegans waste my time by using eggs, casein, and milkfat and other assorted ingredients that are not necessary. There was an awesome looking Channa Masala frozen meal at the grocery store and it was super cheap, but alas it had butter. Why not use a little oil, same exact effect. gah.

 

 

and meganola, funny you mention biscoff, I saw it at my grocery store today for the first time. I love the TJ brand so much since it has the pieces of crunchy gingerbread in it, but I may need to try the real brand too. 

 

post #141 of 2779

Ooooooh, following your advice about the Daiya! Thanks. 

post #142 of 2779
Thank goodness for Daiya, my 4 year old, who has always had a reaction to dairy, now seems to be allergic to it. She has been dairy free since Jan. and being able to still make grilled cheese or pizza has been a life saver! I keep mine in the freezer too.
post #143 of 2779
It still amazes me how excited I get when a new month rolls around! I can't wait to see what April brings. March is going to be hard to top though! Now, where is that darn spoiler alert video???? HA!
post #144 of 2779


Haha.  I've been stalking the Birchbox website for new products, googling Birchbox April 2012 and checking this thread for days to see if anyone has seen hints yet - all for a little 10.00 box of samples!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg19 View Post

It still amazes me how excited I get when a new month rolls around! I can't wait to see what April brings. March is going to be hard to top though! Now, where is that darn spoiler alert video???? HA!


 

post #145 of 2779


Added value:  *Hours* of entertainment!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post


Haha.  I've been stalking the Birchbox website for new products, googling Birchbox April 2012 and checking this thread for days to see if anyone has seen hints yet - all for a little 10.00 box of samples!
 



 



 

post #146 of 2779

I think most everyone here is probably a little more informed about the other sample/subscriber services than I am, so this is probably old news, but I just joined Julep Maven and am getting my 1st box for a penny.  Just type "penny" in the box where it says coupon code. 

 

I'm getting a couple of nice nail polishes (a pale milky pink and a sparkly tropical blue) and an anti-aging hand scrub for my 1 cent.   I love, love, love nail polish,hand creams and anything anti-aging  but for some reason Julep Maven doesnt thrill me.  I might cancel after my box ships or maybe get one more after this.  Its 20.00 a month, and aside from a one Deborah Lippmann polish, I dont normally spend 10.00 for a bottle of nail polish. 

 

post #147 of 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

I think most everyone here is probably a little more informed about the other sample/subscriber services than I am, so this is probably old news, but I just joined Julep Maven and am getting my 1st box for a penny.  Just type "penny" in the box where it says coupon code. 

 

I'm getting a couple of nice nail polishes (a pale milky pink and a sparkly tropical blue) and an anti-aging hand scrub for my 1 cent.   I love, love, love nail polish,hand creams and anything anti-aging  but for some reason Julep Maven doesnt thrill me.  I might cancel after my box ships or maybe get one more after this.  Its 20.00 a month, and aside from a one Deborah Lippmann polish, I dont normally spend 10.00 for a bottle of nail polish. 

 


we have a whole thread each month on it in the samples and subscriptions group :) 

 

post #148 of 2779



So true! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post


Added value:  *Hours* of entertainment!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post


Haha.  I've been stalking the Birchbox website for new products, googling Birchbox April 2012 and checking this thread for days to see if anyone has seen hints yet - all for a little 10.00 box of samples!
 



 



 



 

post #149 of 2779

okay so this is a total off-topic question but I am trying to subscribe to this month's threads and it keeps giving me the error that subscription failed.

Anyone know who I can contact about this? Thanks...

post #150 of 2779

Hey guys I was wondering if its just me or is the live chat option in the birchbox website not available anymore? Also I saw that you get discounts at certain amount of months youve been with birchbox such as the 6 month and 15th month? Are there any more amount of months where you get any other discounts besides those two?

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox - The April boxes