Dark skin is a bane or one can say a curse for people craving for fair pigmentation. The reasons for dark pigmentation may be many, ranging from sunburns to heredity to skin disorders. Here are some of the best home recommended tips to lighten the complexion and skin tone. A mixture of ground almonds and Oats with honey and yogurt should be applied on the face for around 5-10 minutes and then washed with lukewarm water, to get a smooth skin.
- categoryMakeuptagged by System, 6/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Smokey Sun Rise FOTD Last post on Yesterday at 5:39 pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Bronzy FOTD Last post on 4/16/14 at 11:12am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD 4/11/14 - Vibrant Orchid Last post on 4/14/14 at 8:37pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD-With the new neon eyeliner from Hard Candy Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:53pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Sigma Beauty Creme de Couture palette Last post on 4/10/14 at 6:07am in Palettes
Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves
Last edited: 2/28/14
- Beauty Quackery Throughout HistoryLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Changing Makeup With The SeasonLast edited: 2/21/14
- Decade in Makeup: The 40's & 50's.Last edited: 1/1/14
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
Tips for Glowing skin.
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 236/11/12 at 6:44ampost #3 of 236/11/12 at 9:15amI find a mixture of ground, unprocessed oats or even chana flour (chickpea flour which can be found in Indian food aisles at supermarkets) & plain, unsweetened, unflavored, gelatin/artificial thickener free yogurt with active bacterial cultures in it is more effective for evening skin tone, personally. Almonds are great for exfoliating - love grinding them myself in a mortar & pestle to release the maximum amount of their natural oils - but I don't find they do much for evening the skin tone, per se. Although they still are very nice when ground to a paste & added to a mask mixture, they don't do much for skin tone when still chunky.
The best yogurt for skin care is full fat, real yogurt. Check the ingredients. A best quality yogurt will always be free of any starches & thickening gums, as well as contain a very high amount of nothing but milk, cream & bacterial cultures. Think in terms of the best full fat Greek yogurt you can find. Even yogurt alone can make a great mask for people of all skin types. Yogurt & fresh, ripe mashed banana, papaya or avocado is also a great mixture. Papaya & pineapple have incredible natural enzymes in them which are great for digestion & topical application to the skin. Once again, fresh is always best. Freshly juiced carrots & lemons, or freshly decocted or steeped concentrated green tea are great too. You can even mix in some dry bentonite or kaolin clay to these mixtures. The possible combinations are endless & are spectacular for the skin. In regards to honey, fresh, raw, unpasteurized honey is far superior to regular, run of the mill honey as all the active properties in it haven't been destroyed by heat or processing. Raw honey can easily be found on Amazon, in Whole Foods, Choices, and perhaps iHerb, amongst many other online & offline stores. Great stuff for the skin. Even those of us with lighter skin tones can have pretty bad unevenness in skin texture & tone, which is one of the reasons I first started creating my own masks.
I think I'm going to slather myself in one of these masks today, actually! Yummmmm!post #4 of 239/18/12 at 10:01pm
For getting a glowing skin you can do this things.
post #5 of 239/20/12 at 11:02ampost #6 of 2311/15/12 at 8:55pmpost #7 of 2311/16/12 at 1:14ampost #8 of 2311/19/12 at 1:25pm
- Take honey and apply on ur face for 15 mins n wash.
- Take tomato n rub on ur face and leave it for 10 mins then wash.
- Take lots of fresh fruits
- Drink lot of water and wash your face with cool water.
- Cut orange into 2 pieces and massage it on ur skin leave it for 10 min
I have heard that a skin lightening cream called Meladerm works well and I know that lemons work a treat too!
Just mix equal parts of water and fresh lemon juice, pour it into a spray bottle and mist your face with it. Let it sit for around 20 mins (less than that if you have sensitive skin) or so before rinsing it off.
If you do this every day, you should see a gradual lightening of your skin :-)post #9 of 2311/20/12 at 12:23ampost #10 of 2311/25/12 at 10:59pmpost #11 of 2311/25/12 at 11:07pmpost #12 of 2312/3/12 at 10:35am
Another great natural DIY scrub I use for smooth and glowing skin is:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oats
1 cup olive oil
Combine all the ingredients together and apply slowly to your skin, rubbing in a circular motion. Once your complete, wash off and follow with a moisturizing lotion. Super easy and leaves your skin glowing!
Hope this helps!post #13 of 2312/3/12 at 9:24pmpost #14 of 2312/4/12 at 12:42am
Tips for glowing skin :
You should use these following tips :
Choker ( Leftover material when you sieve flour)
Pinch of turmeric
Raw/ Unboiled Milk
Few Strands of Saffron.
Sieve flour and extract choker from it. Add raw milk to it. The face pack is of a thicker consistency so be careful while adding milk.
Mix both well, now add a pinch of turmeric to it.
Lastly, add the saffron strands. After adding the saffron strands let it rest for 15-20 mins so that saffron gets completely absorbed.
Tada! Your face pack is ready. Put it on the face and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Wash the face by slightly scrubbing it off.post #15 of 2312/4/12 at 6:13ampost #16 of 2312/15/12 at 3:11am
Skin is very important part of body this is the best face mask for glowing skin which we can make at home, Mix egg white and polenta flour and apply the paste on your face. Keep it for half an hour and then massage your face with warm water using your fingers. Repeat the remedy every fortnight for a glowing skin.post #17 of 231/23/13 at 12:36am
Egg white and honey face mask: It works wonders, trust me. All you have to do is first mix one egg white with 1 tbsp of honey and after this, apply it evenly over your face extending it to the neck. All you get to see is a glowing bright skin.
Milk and honey mask: It is one of the best formulas to get that instant glow. Take a spoonful of honey and mix at least half cup of fresh milk in it. Now, apply this wonder mask on your face and see the amazing results.post #18 of 231/24/13 at 10:20pmpost #19 of 231/31/13 at 9:15am
Eat properly, lots of fruit, veg, fish etc. Drink loads of water. Exercise regularly. Also you should use a good exfoliant everyday and a good mask or scrub 2-3 times a week and a non oily moisturiser everyday. Wash your makeup brushes regularly and dont use very heavy foundations. Also a nice light bronzer helps. ( I just thought that what I'm suggesting is an everyday thing and a way of life, where as the posts above are a sort of thing you would do once or twice in my opinion. ) Hope i helped!post #20 of 232/1/13 at 4:29ampost #21 of 232/10/13 at 10:31pmpost #22 of 232/19/13 at 11:16ampost #23 of 233/5/13 at 4:27am
Some tips for glowing skin. Try it:-
- Avoid all unhealthy foods that have been processed or fried, as well as those with a high fat content. Say no to potato chips, pizzas, greasy hamburgers and other similar bad food.
- Start consuming vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your skin’s health. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish and proteins in your regular diet.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and eliminate colas and other sugar-sweetened carbonated beverages, as well as coffee and alcohol.
- Water will keep your skin hydrated and flush toxins out of your body.
- To appear fresh and look beautiful makeup-less, make sure to sleep at least 8 hours a night.
- Insufficient night rest will make your skin seem dull, tired and older-looking.
- Sun protection:- When outside protect your skin with a sunscreen. Make sure you apply the sun sunscreen at least 15 min before you step out into the sun.
- Do Exercise regularly to maintain your fitness.
- Brush your teeth and keep good dental hygiene to have a bright smile.
- Tips for Glowing skin.
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Beauty Quackery Throughout History
- › huge hair loss!!! 42 seconds ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 27 minutes ago
- › Social Bliss (MERGED) 47 minutes ago
- › Topbox 52 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 1 hour ago
- › FROM SEPHORA..what is the best liquid lipstick?? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: April 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers) [merged] 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › MakeupTalk is Moving! - Site Downtime Starting April 21st 2 hours ago
- › Has anybody tried the Shiseido Lacquer Rouge? 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Grey eyeshadow for eyebrows? 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene