Dark skin is a bane or one can say a curse for people craving for fair pigmentation. The reasons for dark pigmentation may be many, ranging from sunburns to heredity to skin disorders. Here are some of the best home recommended tips to lighten the complexion and skin tone. A mixture of ground almonds and Oats with honey and yogurt should be applied on the face for around 5-10 minutes and then washed with lukewarm water, to get a smooth skin.
- categoryMakeuptagged by System, 6/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- FOTD PURPLE LOOK Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:35pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD NATURAL/SULTRY LOOK Last post on 3/5/14 at 5:12pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD - Another natural for the day Last post on 3/3/14 at 11:33am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Teal Mermaid FOTD Last post on 3/6/14 at 11:23am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD - Natural Look Last post on 2/27/14 at 5:18pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves
Last edited: 2/28/14
- Beauty Quackery Throughout HistoryLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Changing Makeup With The SeasonLast edited: 2/21/14
- Decade in Makeup: The 40's & 50's.Last edited: 1/1/14
I purchased this product about a month ago from Birchbox.com, I used my points so I got it for basically free but if you're just buying it it's 20 dollars; for the most part. I have suffered from...
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
Tips for Glowing skin.
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 236/11/12 at 6:44ampost #3 of 236/11/12 at 9:15amI find a mixture of ground, unprocessed oats or even chana flour (chickpea flour which can be found in Indian food aisles at supermarkets) & plain, unsweetened, unflavored, gelatin/artificial thickener free yogurt with active bacterial cultures in it is more effective for evening skin tone, personally. Almonds are great for exfoliating - love grinding them myself in a mortar & pestle to release the maximum amount of their natural oils - but I don't find they do much for evening the skin tone, per se. Although they still are very nice when ground to a paste & added to a mask mixture, they don't do much for skin tone when still chunky.
The best yogurt for skin care is full fat, real yogurt. Check the ingredients. A best quality yogurt will always be free of any starches & thickening gums, as well as contain a very high amount of nothing but milk, cream & bacterial cultures. Think in terms of the best full fat Greek yogurt you can find. Even yogurt alone can make a great mask for people of all skin types. Yogurt & fresh, ripe mashed banana, papaya or avocado is also a great mixture. Papaya & pineapple have incredible natural enzymes in them which are great for digestion & topical application to the skin. Once again, fresh is always best. Freshly juiced carrots & lemons, or freshly decocted or steeped concentrated green tea are great too. You can even mix in some dry bentonite or kaolin clay to these mixtures. The possible combinations are endless & are spectacular for the skin. In regards to honey, fresh, raw, unpasteurized honey is far superior to regular, run of the mill honey as all the active properties in it haven't been destroyed by heat or processing. Raw honey can easily be found on Amazon, in Whole Foods, Choices, and perhaps iHerb, amongst many other online & offline stores. Great stuff for the skin. Even those of us with lighter skin tones can have pretty bad unevenness in skin texture & tone, which is one of the reasons I first started creating my own masks.
I think I'm going to slather myself in one of these masks today, actually! Yummmmm!post #4 of 239/18/12 at 10:01pm
For getting a glowing skin you can do this things.
post #5 of 239/20/12 at 11:02ampost #6 of 2311/15/12 at 8:55pmpost #7 of 2311/16/12 at 1:14ampost #8 of 2311/19/12 at 1:25pm
- Take honey and apply on ur face for 15 mins n wash.
- Take tomato n rub on ur face and leave it for 10 mins then wash.
- Take lots of fresh fruits
- Drink lot of water and wash your face with cool water.
- Cut orange into 2 pieces and massage it on ur skin leave it for 10 min
I have heard that a skin lightening cream called Meladerm works well and I know that lemons work a treat too!
Just mix equal parts of water and fresh lemon juice, pour it into a spray bottle and mist your face with it. Let it sit for around 20 mins (less than that if you have sensitive skin) or so before rinsing it off.
If you do this every day, you should see a gradual lightening of your skin :-)post #9 of 2311/20/12 at 12:23ampost #10 of 2311/25/12 at 10:59pmpost #11 of 2311/25/12 at 11:07pmpost #12 of 2312/3/12 at 10:35am
Another great natural DIY scrub I use for smooth and glowing skin is:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oats
1 cup olive oil
Combine all the ingredients together and apply slowly to your skin, rubbing in a circular motion. Once your complete, wash off and follow with a moisturizing lotion. Super easy and leaves your skin glowing!
Hope this helps!post #13 of 2312/3/12 at 9:24pmpost #14 of 2312/4/12 at 12:42am
Tips for glowing skin :
You should use these following tips :
Choker ( Leftover material when you sieve flour)
Pinch of turmeric
Raw/ Unboiled Milk
Few Strands of Saffron.
Sieve flour and extract choker from it. Add raw milk to it. The face pack is of a thicker consistency so be careful while adding milk.
Mix both well, now add a pinch of turmeric to it.
Lastly, add the saffron strands. After adding the saffron strands let it rest for 15-20 mins so that saffron gets completely absorbed.
Tada! Your face pack is ready. Put it on the face and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Wash the face by slightly scrubbing it off.post #15 of 2312/4/12 at 6:13ampost #16 of 2312/15/12 at 3:11am
Skin is very important part of body this is the best face mask for glowing skin which we can make at home, Mix egg white and polenta flour and apply the paste on your face. Keep it for half an hour and then massage your face with warm water using your fingers. Repeat the remedy every fortnight for a glowing skin.post #17 of 231/23/13 at 12:36am
Egg white and honey face mask: It works wonders, trust me. All you have to do is first mix one egg white with 1 tbsp of honey and after this, apply it evenly over your face extending it to the neck. All you get to see is a glowing bright skin.
Milk and honey mask: It is one of the best formulas to get that instant glow. Take a spoonful of honey and mix at least half cup of fresh milk in it. Now, apply this wonder mask on your face and see the amazing results.post #18 of 231/24/13 at 10:20pmpost #19 of 231/31/13 at 9:15am
Eat properly, lots of fruit, veg, fish etc. Drink loads of water. Exercise regularly. Also you should use a good exfoliant everyday and a good mask or scrub 2-3 times a week and a non oily moisturiser everyday. Wash your makeup brushes regularly and dont use very heavy foundations. Also a nice light bronzer helps. ( I just thought that what I'm suggesting is an everyday thing and a way of life, where as the posts above are a sort of thing you would do once or twice in my opinion. ) Hope i helped!post #20 of 232/1/13 at 4:29ampost #21 of 232/10/13 at 10:31pmpost #22 of 232/19/13 at 11:16ampost #23 of 233/5/13 at 4:27am
Some tips for glowing skin. Try it:-
- Avoid all unhealthy foods that have been processed or fried, as well as those with a high fat content. Say no to potato chips, pizzas, greasy hamburgers and other similar bad food.
- Start consuming vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your skin’s health. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish and proteins in your regular diet.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and eliminate colas and other sugar-sweetened carbonated beverages, as well as coffee and alcohol.
- Water will keep your skin hydrated and flush toxins out of your body.
- To appear fresh and look beautiful makeup-less, make sure to sleep at least 8 hours a night.
- Insufficient night rest will make your skin seem dull, tired and older-looking.
- Sun protection:- When outside protect your skin with a sunscreen. Make sure you apply the sun sunscreen at least 15 min before you step out into the sun.
- Do Exercise regularly to maintain your fitness.
- Brush your teeth and keep good dental hygiene to have a bright smile.
- Tips for Glowing skin.
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Beauty Quackery Throughout History
- › Birchbox Swaps March 2014 1 minute ago
- › BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers 2 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 10 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Must Have March 2014 *SPOILERS* 16 minutes ago
- › Honey and antibiotics 27 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers/merged!) 37 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 42 minutes ago
- › Indiespensable 47 minutes ago
- › Hair Color Opinion ? 53 minutes ago
- › lip treatment? :) 53 minutes ago
- › 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream - 1 fl oz by PikaPop
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene