Dark skin is a bane or one can say a curse for people craving for fair pigmentation. The reasons for dark pigmentation may be many, ranging from sunburns to heredity to skin disorders. Here are some of the best home recommended tips to lighten the complexion and skin tone. A mixture of ground almonds and Oats with honey and yogurt should be applied on the face for around 5-10 minutes and then washed with lukewarm water, to get a smooth skin.
- categoryMakeuptagged by System, 6/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- FOTD - December 11, 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 8:58 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD Decembe 10,2013 Last post on Yesterday at 8:28 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD - December 9, 2013 Last post on Yesterday at 8:33 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD - December 6, 2013 Last post on 12/9/13 at 12:45pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- FOTD December 5, 2013 Last post on 12/5/13 at 7:39am in FOTD - Face of the Day
Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories
Last edited: 12/2/13
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female SpouseLast edited: 12/1/13
- The Best Way To Cut Costs on High End MakeupLast edited: 12/1/13
- Common Contouring Mistakes and How To Fix ThemLast edited: 9/29/13
- Code of Conduct: Sitting For A Makeup ArtistLast edited: 9/24/13
I think Ipsy is super fun and just a blast. There are always full size items in there, the samples are large, no foils and a cute bag to boot! I'm very happy with Ipsy and highly recommend them....
I bought this polish a few days ago. I have 295 "Fancy Fushia". It's a reddish pink (it looks red under low light or yellow light). It was cheap-ish (not the cheapest but also not as expensive as...
I love this cleanser and always have a tube in my makeup kit. I use it mainly on clients and find it works for all skin types. I find it really gets the skin squeaky clean as well, but at the same...
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
Tips for Glowing skin.
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 256/11/12 at 6:44ampost #3 of 256/11/12 at 9:15amI find a mixture of ground, unprocessed oats or even chana flour (chickpea flour which can be found in Indian food aisles at supermarkets) & plain, unsweetened, unflavored, gelatin/artificial thickener free yogurt with active bacterial cultures in it is more effective for evening skin tone, personally. Almonds are great for exfoliating - love grinding them myself in a mortar & pestle to release the maximum amount of their natural oils - but I don't find they do much for evening the skin tone, per se. Although they still are very nice when ground to a paste & added to a mask mixture, they don't do much for skin tone when still chunky.
The best yogurt for skin care is full fat, real yogurt. Check the ingredients. A best quality yogurt will always be free of any starches & thickening gums, as well as contain a very high amount of nothing but milk, cream & bacterial cultures. Think in terms of the best full fat Greek yogurt you can find. Even yogurt alone can make a great mask for people of all skin types. Yogurt & fresh, ripe mashed banana, papaya or avocado is also a great mixture. Papaya & pineapple have incredible natural enzymes in them which are great for digestion & topical application to the skin. Once again, fresh is always best. Freshly juiced carrots & lemons, or freshly decocted or steeped concentrated green tea are great too. You can even mix in some dry bentonite or kaolin clay to these mixtures. The possible combinations are endless & are spectacular for the skin. In regards to honey, fresh, raw, unpasteurized honey is far superior to regular, run of the mill honey as all the active properties in it haven't been destroyed by heat or processing. Raw honey can easily be found on Amazon, in Whole Foods, Choices, and perhaps iHerb, amongst many other online & offline stores. Great stuff for the skin. Even those of us with lighter skin tones can have pretty bad unevenness in skin texture & tone, which is one of the reasons I first started creating my own masks.
I think I'm going to slather myself in one of these masks today, actually! Yummmmm!post #4 of 259/18/12 at 10:01pm
For getting a glowing skin you can do this things.
post #5 of 259/20/12 at 11:02ampost #6 of 2511/15/12 at 8:55pmpost #7 of 2511/16/12 at 1:14ampost #8 of 2511/19/12 at 1:25pm
- Take honey and apply on ur face for 15 mins n wash.
- Take tomato n rub on ur face and leave it for 10 mins then wash.
- Take lots of fresh fruits
- Drink lot of water and wash your face with cool water.
- Cut orange into 2 pieces and massage it on ur skin leave it for 10 min
I have heard that a skin lightening cream called Meladerm works well and I know that lemons work a treat too!
Just mix equal parts of water and fresh lemon juice, pour it into a spray bottle and mist your face with it. Let it sit for around 20 mins (less than that if you have sensitive skin) or so before rinsing it off.
If you do this every day, you should see a gradual lightening of your skin :-)post #9 of 2511/20/12 at 12:23ampost #10 of 2511/25/12 at 10:59pmpost #11 of 2511/25/12 at 11:07pmpost #12 of 2512/3/12 at 10:35am
Another great natural DIY scrub I use for smooth and glowing skin is:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oats
1 cup olive oil
Combine all the ingredients together and apply slowly to your skin, rubbing in a circular motion. Once your complete, wash off and follow with a moisturizing lotion. Super easy and leaves your skin glowing!
Hope this helps!post #13 of 2512/3/12 at 9:24pmpost #14 of 2512/4/12 at 12:42am
Tips for glowing skin :
You should use these following tips :
Choker ( Leftover material when you sieve flour)
Pinch of turmeric
Raw/ Unboiled Milk
Few Strands of Saffron.
Sieve flour and extract choker from it. Add raw milk to it. The face pack is of a thicker consistency so be careful while adding milk.
Mix both well, now add a pinch of turmeric to it.
Lastly, add the saffron strands. After adding the saffron strands let it rest for 15-20 mins so that saffron gets completely absorbed.
Tada! Your face pack is ready. Put it on the face and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Wash the face by slightly scrubbing it off.post #15 of 2512/4/12 at 6:13ampost #16 of 2512/6/12 at 12:52am
Tips for glowing skin :
- A mixture of ground almonds and Oats with honey and yogurt should be applied on the face for around 5-10 minutes and then washed with lukewarm water, to get a smooth skin.
- Mash a banana and mix it with milk. Apply this mixture on your face and keep it for 20 minutes. After that, wash it with cold water to get a glowing skin.
- Honey is wholesome and all-natural. Hence, apply honey on face and neck for 20 minutes and wash it with cold water.
- For oily skin, a mixture of grapes, lemon and egg white should be applied on the face for around 15 minutes. This may cause a tingling sensation due to active ingredients. Wash with warm water. The mixture acts as a natural cleanser, softens the skin and tightens it.
- Make a home made scrub by using 1 tablespoon walnut powder, honey and lemon juice. Scrub your face with this and leave it to dry. Wash your face with cold water.
Lumnaskin is better option to glow your skin other than using home remedy. It's gives same effect as home made remedy given ,because it also made up from natural ingredients.post #17 of 2512/15/12 at 3:11am
Skin is very important part of body this is the best face mask for glowing skin which we can make at home, Mix egg white and polenta flour and apply the paste on your face. Keep it for half an hour and then massage your face with warm water using your fingers. Repeat the remedy every fortnight for a glowing skin.post #18 of 251/23/13 at 12:25amThere are a few tips you can do at home to lighten dark spot on your skinDrink lot ot waterStay out of the sun as muchas possible.Apply the juice twice daily and leave oThe papaya fruit contains papain, an enzyme that exfoliates your skin, encouraging production of new, fresher-looking skinApply pure aloe juice to affected skin twice daily.Hope this helped you.Good luck!post #19 of 251/23/13 at 12:36am
Egg white and honey face mask: It works wonders, trust me. All you have to do is first mix one egg white with 1 tbsp of honey and after this, apply it evenly over your face extending it to the neck. All you get to see is a glowing bright skin.
Milk and honey mask: It is one of the best formulas to get that instant glow. Take a spoonful of honey and mix at least half cup of fresh milk in it. Now, apply this wonder mask on your face and see the amazing results.post #20 of 251/24/13 at 10:20pmpost #21 of 251/31/13 at 9:15am
Eat properly, lots of fruit, veg, fish etc. Drink loads of water. Exercise regularly. Also you should use a good exfoliant everyday and a good mask or scrub 2-3 times a week and a non oily moisturiser everyday. Wash your makeup brushes regularly and dont use very heavy foundations. Also a nice light bronzer helps. ( I just thought that what I'm suggesting is an everyday thing and a way of life, where as the posts above are a sort of thing you would do once or twice in my opinion. ) Hope i helped!post #22 of 252/1/13 at 4:29ampost #23 of 252/10/13 at 10:31pmpost #24 of 252/19/13 at 11:16ampost #25 of 253/5/13 at 4:27am
Some tips for glowing skin. Try it:-
- Avoid all unhealthy foods that have been processed or fried, as well as those with a high fat content. Say no to potato chips, pizzas, greasy hamburgers and other similar bad food.
- Start consuming vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your skin’s health. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish and proteins in your regular diet.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and eliminate colas and other sugar-sweetened carbonated beverages, as well as coffee and alcohol.
- Water will keep your skin hydrated and flush toxins out of your body.
- To appear fresh and look beautiful makeup-less, make sure to sleep at least 8 hours a night.
- Insufficient night rest will make your skin seem dull, tired and older-looking.
- Sun protection:- When outside protect your skin with a sunscreen. Make sure you apply the sun sunscreen at least 15 min before you step out into the sun.
- Do Exercise regularly to maintain your fitness.
- Brush your teeth and keep good dental hygiene to have a bright smile.
- Tips for Glowing skin.
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Christmas Shopping For Your Female Spouse
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Birchbox December 2013 (SPOILERS!) 5 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 5 minutes ago
- › December 2013 - No/Low Buy Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Birchbox Promo Codes 12 minutes ago
- › PINCHme - New Free Sample Program 19 minutes ago
- › RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday Collection 2013 24 minutes ago
- › Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2013 28 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 30 minutes ago
- › The Balm - Sephora - Kohl's? 46 minutes ago
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by GlamBabe
- › Rimmel London Lycra Pro by Pfff
- › Murad Clarifying Cleanser by SophiaSmart
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Printable Nail Decals Actually Work! Who Knew! by bowsandnails
- › Finally Nail Decals That Really Work!! by bowsandnails
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene
- › How to create wonderful eyebrows by elyseadel