or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › GlossyBox - September 2012

GlossyBox - September 2012 - Page 16

post #451 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoJannet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoeba View Post

 

I put light skin, and got the mattifying gel and #13. I think they take into acct what you put for skin type (dry, oily, combo).

Probably but it doesn't seem like they took everyone's skin tones into consideration. I'm fortunate to receive one in my shade but not all of us did. I think I put medium skin tone with dry or sensitive skin type. If you had the mattifying gel, does that mean you put down oily skin...possibly?

I put fair and combination, and I got 21 and the mattifying gel. :)

 

It seems like most of us who put fair got 21, and most who put light got 13...odd! Maybe because the tones are different? From what I understand, 13 has yellower undertones while 21 has pinker ones?

post #452 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoJannet View Post

That's a great inference. I got No. 27 Honey Beige with the cleanser.
I also got #27 and the cleanser. I think the 27 is a little too dark for me. I also would've prefered the mattifying gel if anyone wants to trade for the cleanser. Also if anyone has the next shade lighter to the 27 to trade for the 27 I'm willing. I only swatched a tiny tiny bit.
post #453 of 556

I put combo and fair and received 21 and the mattifying gel. I wonder if I should change my profile since I only get oily during the summer. Does glossybox use the profile to send out products on a regular basis or only occasionally?

post #454 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post

Unrelated but I thought I would share my $10 off $40 single use codes for Beauty.com which expires at the end of the month (9/30). I figure everyone here appreciate the brands they carry. Free shipping and no tax with free sample packets. Enjoy, I have 4 of them:

9a75b0d8b29d5e1
8sb48111669d5e1
8g5ae49cb9d5e1
9d5bfd33f49d5e1
Thanks for the codes. It works out better than my 20% discount that I get because I'm a Walgreens employee and they own beauty.com as well as drugstore.com
Walgreens employees get a 20% discount on both sites.
post #455 of 556

Anyone want to trade the #31 for either the 13 or 21? Unopened and brand new. I put fair and they sent the 31, which won't work, obviously.

thanks!

post #456 of 556

I got my box! I put light and blemished because I didn't want to get anything that could break me out, but I ended up with the #23 bb and the makeup remover. I'm happy with the remover but a little wtf @ #23. I just gave it to my mom since that's the shade she uses. No problems with my lipstick but I also got two conditioners. @_@

post #457 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmekrzy View Post

Thanks for the codes. It works out better than my 20% discount that I get because I'm a Walgreens employee and they own beauty.com as well as drugstore.com
Walgreens employees get a 20% discount on both sites.

You're very welcome. I am glad someone used it. I buy too much stuff from there and everytime they try to lure me in further with those awesome discounts. 

post #458 of 556
Got my box...I received #31. I was nervous about which shade I would get but seems they did try to match the profile. This is going to be my first experience with a BB Cream. It seems a little dark maybe? But hoping that it will adjust...that's how it works, right? Do u think if it seems too dark to begin with, it wouldn't match later? The one thing which was a nice surprise was the smell of the product...it smells pretty nice. I'm used to foundations smelling kinda eh...but this smells calming. smile.gif
post #459 of 556

That's a really great way to recycle Glossy Boxes... Keep that in mind on other stuff!!!

Thanks for the helpful link and blog!
 

post #460 of 556

I got the #27 bb cream which is way too dark for me and I am hoping if anyone who has #13 wants to trade with me? Many thanks.

post #461 of 556

Hi CindyLou, I have #13 and it is way to light for me. Happy to trade with you. PLeas elet me know.

post #462 of 556

Sorry if this was answered elsewhere in this thread, but going through 16 pages worth of comments is a little daunting. Does anyone know the purpose of the profile? I understand they have thousands of subscriptions to send, but what is the point of asking your skin tone if they are not going to send a shade that will work for you? I have a light skin tone and would need #13 in the BB Cream, but they sent me #31, which is the darkest (I think). I've been reading a lot of other comments who had the same problem.

post #463 of 556

I subbed really late in the month - I've started thinking that has something to do with the skin color and shade discrepancy. It seems more of the issues started appearing with the later posters.

post #464 of 556

Still no box for me. :( I feel like they should have idk...sent it express or something if they "forgot" to send me a box. I mean REALLY. ugh.

post #465 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Still no box for me. :( I feel like they should have idk...sent it express or something if they "forgot" to send me a box. I mean REALLY. ugh.

FWIW, you're not the only one...

 

The expected delivery date is 10/05-10/09.  Sigh.  

 

Every single box has arrived the following month for me, and the last two have been shipped SUPER late.  Thank goodness their products have been awesome lately...it makes up for the piss poor shipping method.

post #466 of 556
I don't know if many people noticed but the boxes with the mattifying gel were shipped with ORM-D labelling and had to go by ground shipping (and therefore took extra long, just like the boxes with the nailpolish last month). I don't know if they treated the boxes with the cleansing water differently or not.
post #467 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtPoly View Post

FWIW, you're not the only one...

 

The expected delivery date is 10/05-10/09.  Sigh.  

 

Every single box has arrived the following month for me, and the last two have been shipped SUPER late.  Thank goodness their products have been awesome lately...it makes up for the piss poor shipping method.

Well the thing that sucks is they legitimately did forget to send me my box...its not the shipping. I live 4 hours from NYC in a major metropolitan area, my box has always made it in 5 days or less...I haven't even received a tracking number...and they didn't provide me one when I emailed them.

 

 

It sucks that your box takes so long too :(. Why...that's all I want to know. I know how newgistics works but for 21 dollars...switch shipping companies.

 

October is the last month in my three month sub (which was the..3rd chance I've given glossybox to get things right) and it will be my last. If only someone could nail down the samples of glossybox with the shipping of sample society, that would be my ideal sub and i'd pay 30 dollars for that box, lol.

post #468 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Well the thing that sucks is they legitimately did forget to send me my box...its not the shipping. I live 4 hours from NYC in a major metropolitan area, my box has always made it in 5 days or less...I haven't even received a tracking number...and they didn't provide me one when I emailed them.

 

 

It sucks that your box takes so long too :(. Why...that's all I want to know. I know how newgistics works but for 21 dollars...switch shipping companies.

 

October is the last month in my three month sub (which was the..3rd chance I've given glossybox to get things right) and it will be my last. If only someone could nail down the samples of glossybox with the shipping of sample society, that would be my ideal sub and i'd pay 30 dollars for that box, lol.

They forgot to send mind too - not sure why but this was month #1 of a 3 month sub (R29).  

post #469 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtPoly View Post

They forgot to send mind too - not sure why but this was month #1 of a 3 month sub (R29).  

Hmm I wonder if it has something to do with their system not pulling the non-monthly subscribers. I'm not R29, but I do have a 3 month sub. Seriously glossybox get your shit together. I kind of find that to be unacceptable...we've ALREADY given them 50+ dollars...and they forget about us? 

post #470 of 556

Jenna-

Did they admit they forgot it? A database issue you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Well the thing that sucks is they legitimately did forget to send me my box...its not the shipping. I live 4 hours from NYC in a major metropolitan area, my box has always made it in 5 days or less...I haven't even received a tracking number...and they didn't provide me one when I emailed them.

 

 

It sucks that your box takes so long too :(. Why...that's all I want to know. I know how newgistics works but for 21 dollars...switch shipping companies.

 

October is the last month in my three month sub (which was the..3rd chance I've given glossybox to get things right) and it will be my last. If only someone could nail down the samples of glossybox with the shipping of sample society, that would be my ideal sub and i'd pay 30 dollars for that box, lol.

post #471 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

Jenna-

Did they admit they forgot it? A database issue you think?

Well they said: 

 

 

Quote:
There was an error with the processing of your order, we will ship you box via FedEx tomorrow.

 

Which since I placed my order for 3 months in August and the payment went through fine, and I received the August box, there really wasn't any processing left other than to pull those of us with a 3 month sub that fell in the month of September, and those parameters shouldn't be hard to get out of a database, but based on the database we use at work I can see how easy it would be to forget to include those who's three months started in July, August, and September. So while its mostly an assumption, thats the only reason I can come to.

post #472 of 556

I use one too, so that is why I figured someone made an extremely careless error and did not do due diligence by checking their work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Well they said: 

 

 

 

Which since I placed my order for 3 months in August and the payment went through fine, and I received the August box, there really wasn't any processing left other than to pull those of us with a 3 month sub that fell in the month of September, and those parameters shouldn't be hard to get out of a database, but based on the database we use at work I can see how easy it would be to forget to include those who's three months started in July, August, and September. So while its mostly an assumption, thats the only reason I can come to.

post #473 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

I use one too, so that is why I figured someone made an extremely careless error and did not do due diligence by checking their work

Yup, I agree. Its not that hard to pull a report, but if you don't set up something accurately, that report won't work. Of course, if there database is anything like the one I use (personify) its possible it wasn't human error, lol. 

post #474 of 556
Probably shouldn't copy/paste the email, but GB CS said I should be able to use the wrong foundation color as a bronzer, so the DO think I should rock it like Snooki.  suuuuure.
 
But, as per, I called and got a much better response.  I've already traded for the correct shade so I'm not even bothered about exchanging anymore, but I'm really concerned that this keeps happening.  And they keep saying they're matching to my profile, so I called to just see if I'm seeing a different profile on my end than they are on theirs.  She suggested I fill it out again, and whatever.  And you do need to re-do a separate profile if you signed up under the R29 deal.  

Edited by brio444 - 10/2/12 at 9:08am
post #475 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

Just got an email from Glossybox.

This is what will be in the November box, in case anyone wants to sign up in time to get it.

Missha BB Cream
Phyto Phytonectar Oil (this has been previously sent out by Sample Society)
vbeaute Rub-Off Gentle Facial Exfoliator
Lierac Creme Mesolift Moisturizer
Rosebud Lip Balm
 

So I signed up for the R29 special as well, but got the misha BB cream in the sept box. Does that mean we're getting it twice?
post #476 of 556

Does anyone know where I can buy the shampoo/conditioner ?  My hair has never been less frizzy with no product in it. 

 

 

-edit Nevermind, found it!

post #477 of 556

This is my first glossy box, and I am pretty disappointed with it.

For the bb cream, I have actually used it a year ago, and I do love it, however, I got the shade #31 which is the darkest shade... but i am actually a light - medium skin person, usually #23 fits me the best.: (

 

Anyone got the 23/21 would like to trade to 31 with me? ;(

post #478 of 556

I was one of The Forgotten this month, and I had emailed them to see WTF was up.

 

The email response I got today said:

 

"Dear Victoria,

 

Thank you for your email. The September box is sold out, however, you are still in line to receive an October box which will bill next week Monday.

 

Kind regards,

 

The GLOSSYBOX team."

 

Nice of them to tell me that now, but I find it highly interesting that some are getting their box still sent out? Color me confused.

Ah well. They start charging Monday, folks!

post #479 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by murflegirl View Post

I was one of The Forgotten this month, and I had emailed them to see WTF was up.

 

The email response I got today said:

 

"Dear Victoria,

 

Thank you for your email. The September box is sold out, however, you are still in line to receive an October box which will bill next week Monday.

 

Kind regards,

 

The GLOSSYBOX team."

 

Nice of them to tell me that now, but I find it highly interesting that some are getting their box still sent out? Color me confused.

Ah well. They start charging Monday, folks!

 

 

Were you charged? I think they are only sending me a box because I'd paid for 3 months and its easier than refunding me. I'd prefer a refund at this point tbh, because I'm convinced they haven't sent anything. They said they'd send it via fed ex on Friday...its Tuesday and I live 4 hours from them. If they'd sent it fedex, it should be here by now.

post #480 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

 

 

Were you charged? I think they are only sending me a box because I'd paid for 3 months and its easier than refunding me. I'd prefer a refund at this point tbh, because I'm convinced they haven't sent anything. They said they'd send it via fed ex on Friday...its Tuesday and I live 4 hours from them. If they'd sent it fedex, it should be here by now.

 

Nope, wasn't charged at all. I notified them through many outlets that I hadn't been charged and wanted to rectify it.

Ah well, everyting happens for a reason. Hopefully I don't get overlooked for October's box.

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › GlossyBox - September 2012