or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Red Carpet Box

Red Carpet Box - Page 24

post #691 of 1591

To be fair? What is fair about ripping people off and posting their personal information in public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

Well, to be fair, she wrote them on Oct 2nd, so she hasn't really brought anything back up, they were just never mentioned on MuT until now. Not that I think what she did was right by any means, but it isn't some new way she is continuing to hold a grudge against you or anything.

post #692 of 1591

Playedinloops does have a point that the reports were made in early October and are about six weeks old still, it's wrong of Patty to do that ESPECIALLY since one of the reports is against a former customer whose personal address was posted. But it does show that we're not out stalking her as she has claimed since we didn't realize these false and inaccurate complaints of hers were made weeks ago.

post #693 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

While the posts she made were over a month ago the fact is that she posted Dior's real name and address in a public venue in order to do what? It doesn't matter if the post was made today, last week or last month but no one has the right to take someone's personal address - one given in a business transaction - and post it online! Luckily it's Dior's PO Box and not actual home address but it's absolutely scary to think that Patty would do something like that and makes you wonder why else has she done.

I agree completely, and I think that Dior should be contacting at the very least Ripoff Report to get them to take it down, but to paint it as some new attack on MuT/their users is entirely false. 

post #694 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

To be fair? What is fair about ripping people off and posting their personal information in public?

To be fair to Patty (which I think everyone deserves fair treatment or at least to have the entire incident fully examined before being personally attacked and called crazy), its not like she is holding on to some grudge months after the event happened. No one mentioned that on here. 

 

Like I said, I don't agree with what she has done AT ALL, but it isn't like she wrote these posts a month and a half after everything went down as some new way to dredge up old drama. She wrote them WHILE the drama was still happening.

post #695 of 1591

Which was crazy  in the first place. I don't think anyone is painting it as new - it FEELS shocking because it was just uncovered. And frankly, if she was actually a good person who wanted this to go away she would have gone back and removed what was done irrationally in the heat of passion and removed the posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post

To be fair to Patty (which I think everyone deserves fair treatment or at least to have the entire incident fully examined before being personally attacked and called crazy), its not like she is holding on to some grudge months after the event happened. No one mentioned that on here. 

 

Like I said, I don't agree with what she has done AT ALL, but it isn't like she wrote these posts a month and a half after everything went down as some new way to dredge up old drama. She wrote them WHILE the drama was still happening.

post #696 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamultimedia View Post

@kawaiimeows - Yep, "my".  Do you have a problem with my wording?  I am also a customer, and paid $25 to get a box.  Geez.

 

@daylah - Thank you for having the decency to reply without being totally rude and mean.  I completely agree with everything that you are saying.   While I am admittedly Patty's friend, I am also a customer.  I got a box just like everyone else's and I got exactly what she advertised.  She showed pictures of product and let people know what she was sending before it even went out.  The one change that she had to make (she couldn't send the purse because of the size of the box), she informed people before the packages ever went out (with plenty of time for people to cancel their order).  And yes, I totally agree with you and everyone else -  illness does not justify bad business!  I will restate that the reason I shared her personal information with this forum was so that people would better understand her intentions and be aware that she is coming from a good place.  

I am done with all this.  I feel sad for my friend to have to deal with such a community which seems to have somewhat ganged up on her, but I am also aware that this is a small fish bowl in a large ocean.  It seems that the only problems that she has had have come from this group.  I do hope that paypal sorts out any disputes fairly, and that both parties learn whatever lessons they need to learn from all of this, and that my friend's business goes on to be successful.  

 


You have to understand that this is the Internet.  Anything googled about that particular box, person, company will pop in google under this particular thread.

 

You should let your friend know as a Business owner its good to steer clear of negative press. Negative press is good press in most cases.

 

I started a brand and got bad reviews on one magazine even though I was well supported and new what my "Good intentions" were.

 

By responding to anything negative you are just making yourself look bad...like a celebrity attacking Paparazzi you just cant...you look bad not them.

 

This is a sincere response to what your going through.  My suggestions for you is to stay away unless your are going to actively participate in other threads NOT just Red Carpet box.

 

If you read and educate yourself on the other companies you will know and understand that people here are just "Brutally" honest and its about the most popular companies and products or the least popular.

 

This forum is honesty and honestly your defensive posts will do nothing but cause and uproar.  Just let people post their opinions on this thread since this is what it is made for.

 

Please tell your friend if she feels that she is being affected by this Thread...then maybe she needs a new approach...clearly her Target Market is smarter than what she thought.

post #697 of 1591

Jen emailed me about a month ago and asked me to do a review in exchange for a free box. I declined for obvious reasons, but she never tried to "buy" a positive review or anything. Most companies that contact bloggers for reviews offer to send their products for free so nothing she did was out of the norm in that respect.

post #698 of 1591
You're totally right, girly. I kind of jumped the gun on that one due to the background of rcb and got suspicious of the reviews because of how glowing they all are. They probably do that with any co. who sends them products. That would be hard as a reviewer. I probably would feel some obligation to give a good report if I received my stuff for free. I wouldn't make a good reviewer lol.
post #699 of 1591

I think she may be offering extra incentives for a good review though.

post #700 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellocat4 View Post

You're totally right, girly. I kind of jumped the gun on that one due to the background of rcb and got suspicious of the reviews because of how glowing they all are. They probably do that with any co. who sends them products. That would be hard as a reviewer. I probably would feel some obligation to give a good report if I received my stuff for free. I wouldn't make a good reviewer lol.

 

LOL Not me, I'm brutally honest but I do try to temper my reviews on products I get for free by making it clear that the product didn't work for me or why I didn't like the product. I was given several full size products from BeFine (the same company that had Birchbox related drama back in April) and I have to post my reviews on it soon. Two of the reviews - one for the scrub and another for the mint mask - won't be positive because I had reactions with both products but my skin is delicate to begin with so just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it's a bad product, just one I won't use again and would say that anyone with sensitive skin may want to obtain a sample before committing to a full size tube of either product. Then there was my review of an AHAVA mud mask that was also given to me for free and that wasn't a positive review since I had a reaction to that within minutes but the packaging said it was safe for sensitive skin while the website states don't use if you have sensitive skin.

 

A good reviewer won't be swayed by the fact it was free or may the hope that they may get something from that company for free down the line. Most readers know when a blogger is BSing about a product but unfortunately there are some readers that don't so hopefully they do more reading on a company before anything.

post #701 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellocat4 View Post

You're totally right, girly. I kind of jumped the gun on that one due to the background of rcb and got suspicious of the reviews because of how glowing they all are. They probably do that with any co. who sends them products. That would be hard as a reviewer. I probably would feel some obligation to give a good report if I received my stuff for free. I wouldn't make a good reviewer lol.

 

Haha yeah I can understand that. I try to do research on everything before I agree to review it and I steer clear of products that I don't think will work for me. For example, I have sensitive and acne prone skin so I don't often accept skincare items to review because that wouldn't be beneficial to me or the company.

 

As far as the glowing RCB reviews, I can understand bloggers writing positively when all they see is the big box of products they received. Most probably wouldn't know about the stigma attached to the company unless they researched it before writing the review. 

post #702 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

Which was crazy  in the first place. I don't think anyone is painting it as new - it FEELS shocking because it was just uncovered. And frankly, if she was actually a good person who wanted this to go away she would have gone back and removed what was done irrationally in the heat of passion and removed the posts.

 

Posts saying things such as she already hired a lawyer back in September (which was around the time she made these posts) or that she is abck on the warpath again (posting that she is back on the warpath yesterday implies that she is still causing drama, when that is not true). All I'm saying is that its important to pay attention to facts. We all know she isn't a "good person" who wanted this to go away.

post #703 of 1591
Semantics & implications & nuances aside, I think the main point is that patty has created a few posts on ripoffreport. Many users here on mut were not aware of this, including one of her victims. I think most members on this forum are pretty savvy & intelligent and can read the facts without getting too hung up on insignificant details. I still hold firm in my perception of patti and this co. She is shady and not to be trusted. What she did to Dior crossed the line, in my opinion and she needs to do the right thing, and take her personal info down.

You are right nonetheless, and I did word it the wrong way (not intentionally). I just re-read my post. It was new to me, and i did not notice the date until afterwards. I should have just posted without the preface.
post #704 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellocat4 View Post

Semantics & implications & nuances aside, I think the main point is that patty has created a few posts on ripoffreport. Many users here on mut were not aware of this, including one of her victims. I think most members on this forum are pretty savvy & intelligent and can read the facts without getting too hung up on insignificant details. I still hold firm in my perception of patti and this co. She is shady and not to be trusted. What she did to Dior crossed the line, in my opinion and she needs to do the right thing, and take her personal info down.
You are right nonetheless, and I did word it the wrong way (not intentionally). I just re-read my post. It was new to me, and i did not notice the date until afterwards. I should have just posted without the preface.

 

Don't worry, I agree completely with you irt Patty and RCB. I have never and would never subscribe, and I think dioradora should be pursuing some kind of justice, primarily getting the review either removed or her personal information edited out. I just didn't think it was fair for everyone to think Patty was "crazy" for doing this now (which was implied by several people, not just you) when she did it months ago. 

post #705 of 1591

Here's MUT's official stance on the matter. I posted this as a rebuttal on all three known posts made by Patty.

 

 

Quote:

Hello, I am the Community Manager at Makeuptalk.com and would like to clarify the issue reported here. 

 

I am contracted with MakeupTalk.com (MUT) to manage the website (forums, groups, product reviews, galleries). Among my other responsibilities at MUT, my role is to ensure that content posted on the site doesn't violate our Terms of Service. Irene Byon is employed by Huddler, which is the Platform Partner of MakeupTalk. Her role is to approach companies about advertising on MUT. Irene simply offered the ability for Red Carpet Box (RCB) to advertise on the MUT site, which they declined.

 

MakeupTalk is an ad-supported site, but we do not moderate user comments on behalf of our sponsors/advertisers. MUT does not remove posts just because members have negative opinions on a company. MUT stance is that members have the right to share their opinion so long as the opinion is not illegal. With this policy in mind, we informed the Red Carpet Box owner that we will not be removing the thread where our users expressed negative experiences with her company. 

 

After several harassing threads towards members of the MUT community, the MUT team decided our site will not accept advertising from Red Carpet Box. We later discovered that some of our members who purchased products from Red Carpet Box felt scammed (discontinued, expired or potentially counterfeit items.) I have suggested to members who felt scammed by RCB to request a refund and they have under Federal law to file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau, the Florida State Attorney General's office as well as the State Attorney General's office in their state as well as file disputes with Paypal and/or their credit/debit card provider. 

 

If you have purchased a box from RCB I would highly suggest contacting the companies whose products you received to find out if the products are legitimate products that have not been discontinued and/or expired. Most recently RCB sent out to people who purchased a box items from Urban Decay that were discontinued in 2011 (Urban Decay's loose pigment shadow was discontinued in mid-2011 and last sold for $1) while the Urban Decay tattoos are on clearance on the UD site for $2. It's also not clear if RCB has permission to distribute these products as many companies do not authorize companies from distributing their products without permission. It's also unclear if RCB has a business license in her city or in the state of Florida or has a reseller's license as required by the state of Florida's Department of Revenue. It is clear that the products RCB has sent out were purchased from 3rd party vendors and off of EBay.

 

If you feel that you were scammed by RCB you do have options.

 

  1. You can request a refund. If a refund is refused you can file a dispute with Paypal and/or your credit/debit card holder.
  2. You can file a complaint with the Florida State Attorney General's Office as well as the State Attorney General's Office in your state.
  3. You can file a complaint with the BBB.
  4. You can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
  5. You can file a small claims against her however you must do so in her jurisdiction.
  6. File a report on Rip Off Reports on your experience with RCB.

 

post #706 of 1591

If everything else that's been revealed about this scammer wasn't enough to turn prospective customers away, I hope her latest Facebook payola post from Monday will. 123 comments which are mostly of the form: "Blogger with Lemmings for Followers sent me! i a new like!!1!"

post #707 of 1591

Her count is now up to 825....  I have purchased a total of 4 RCB boxes.  2 for me and 2 for others.  Calling them "gifts" in this forum would probably create an avalanche of criticism so I won't.  I have had no problems with RCB or its products.  I can honestly say I received my monies worth.  The packaging, presentation and quality of goods are great.  I do not blog or do reviews.  I have not been offered anything free to do so.  I hope the efforts of some who hate it will not close down this business because it fulfills a niche.  Although some on this forum may refer to people like me as a less sophisticated customer, I do not apologize for being a part of this niche that enjoys RCB products.

post #708 of 1591

No reason for you to apologize.

 

You understand obviously that you are buying a bunch of expired/discontinued cosmetic products and very cheap wholesale lot jewelry & counterfeit/discontinued/old "designer" items bought in lots off ebay. You are also dealing with someone who will go nuts at the slightest criticism or request for customer service, even going so far as calling customer horrible names, publishing names and personal information and flat out lies about people.

 

If that is what you want, then go for it! I said in earlier posts there was a market for this sort of box. Someone who does not have the brand connections or the business acumen to get them, like Patricia, would have to be buying the cheapest lots of products she can get to even make a penny on the box.

 

 I think is not the fact that she is selling this stuff. It's that she isn't upfront about the box and where she gets the contents, and she does not appear to be either professional or particularly stable.

post #709 of 1591

If people like her stuff, then buy it and don't feel sorry for it! I just think she happens to prey on less shopping savvy customers. The money I could spend on one of those boxes could be put towards less tacky, higher quality, and not discontinued products. I spent less money on ipsy and birchbox together this month and got WAY better stuff than I would've gotten through RCB.

 

But not all people are as shopping savvy so if they feel like they are getting their moneys worth, then that's their decision.

post #710 of 1591

I came across this youtube review.. it's kind of interesting.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z42Q2z-0np4#!

 

First of all, the reviewer comes across as fake, in my opinion.. she's hyping up the company like she's a HSN host, and while I know that reviewers who are excited about particular companies will give details, usually it's not to this kind of extent where it seems rehearsed to me.

 

Secondly, there's a "surprise urban decay product" in this box that she's "not allowed to video or photograph"?  What, seriously?  She says "Sorry, those are my orders."  Oh yeah, if there was any question whether it's a fake review or not, that answers it.  I like to follow reviews on subscription boxes for fun, and I have never seen anything like this before.  I like to give all companies their fair shake, but there's just SO MUCH shady business going on that it makes me want to barf.

 

I saw a youtube review a few weeks ago where someone was so clearly disappointed with the company because she said she sent so many of her friends to the facebook, only to get cheap and expired items, and horrible-looking knockoff sunglasses.  I felt so bad for her.

 

Then all this stuff about ripoffreport?  Seriously, the company owner's mad that people are posting bad reviews?  This isn't China.. we don't censor our internet.  People are free to express their opinions and I'm so grateful for the ability to do my research and decide on my own where my money goes!

post #711 of 1591

Also, did y'all see Red Carpet Box's response to someone asking Malia on her review of the box if she received any expired products?  It sounded like a valid question, she answered it, and RCB wrote a 3-page response to it.  One word: awkward.  There's a difference between being open and honest about your company's problems (Birchbox once sent me a short and sweet "sorry you weren't satisfied, here is a refund for the month and keep your products", and PopSugar has sent out an apology e-mail for those who complained about some folks getting different sized products.) and writing a research paper on how your customers are all WRONG.  It's interesting that she even repeatedly mentions how "paypal managers were sickened" by the paypal complaints.. as though PayPal has the time/resources to engage in gossip about a petty sub service.. pfft.  It's too much text for me to post here, so I'll post the link.. scroll down to the 3-page customer complaint by Red Carpet Box.  It's unbelievably unprofessional for a company to act this way!  Crazy!

 

http://livinthemommylife.com/2012/10/red-carpet-box-review.html

post #712 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer View Post

I came across this youtube review.. it's kind of interesting.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z42Q2z-0np4#!

 

First of all, the reviewer comes across as fake, in my opinion.. she's hyping up the company like she's a HSN host, and while I know that reviewers who are excited about particular companies will give details, usually it's not to this kind of extent where it seems rehearsed to me.

 

Secondly, there's a "surprise urban decay product" in this box that she's "not allowed to video or photograph"?  What, seriously?  She says "Sorry, those are my orders."  Oh yeah, if there was any question whether it's a fake review or not, that answers it.  I like to follow reviews on subscription boxes for fun, and I have never seen anything like this before.  I like to give all companies their fair shake, but there's just SO MUCH shady business going on that it makes me want to barf.

 

I saw a youtube review a few weeks ago where someone was so clearly disappointed with the company because she said she sent so many of her friends to the facebook, only to get cheap and expired items, and horrible-looking knockoff sunglasses.  I felt so bad for her.

 

Then all this stuff about ripoffreport?  Seriously, the company owner's mad that people are posting bad reviews?  This isn't China.. we don't censor our internet.  People are free to express their opinions and I'm so grateful for the ability to do my research and decide on my own where my money goes!


HAHAHA!  She's got all of 7 videos.  Did you happen to look at what her other 6 were?!  One was for an item I hope arrived discreetly packaged...  I don't know why I find that quite so funny!

post #713 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer View Post

Also, did y'all see Red Carpet Box's response to someone asking Malia on her review of the box if she received any expired products?  It sounded like a valid question, she answered it, and RCB wrote a 3-page response to it.  One word: awkward.  There's a difference between being open and honest about your company's problems (Birchbox once sent me a short and sweet "sorry you weren't satisfied, here is a refund for the month and keep your products", and PopSugar has sent out an apology e-mail for those who complained about some folks getting different sized products.) and writing a research paper on how your customers are all WRONG.  It's interesting that she even repeatedly mentions how "paypal managers were sickened" by the paypal complaints.. as though PayPal has the time/resources to engage in gossip about a petty sub service.. pfft.  It's too much text for me to post here, so I'll post the link.. scroll down to the 3-page customer complaint by Red Carpet Box.  It's unbelievably unprofessional for a company to act this way!  Crazy!

 

http://livinthemommylife.com/2012/10/red-carpet-box-review.html

 

My favorite part about that response was that it was three screens -- and ONE PARAGRAPH.  Nothing says "shambling ramble" like a wall o' text like that.  If I want to read pages of text with no paragraph breaks, I'll read _On the Road_.  

post #714 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellee View Post


HAHAHA!  She's got all of 7 videos.  Did you happen to look at what her other 6 were?!  One was for an item I hope arrived discreetly packaged...  I don't know why I find that quite so funny!

 

OMG, I just looked and now I'm scarred for life!  Lol.. the cover image for that vid needs to be censored, 'cause that thing looks lifelike!

 

She wants to stick it in the shower and scare her husband.  LOL!

post #715 of 1591

Personally I thought the part about hiring an assistant and getting a big shoe horn to be able to use it was wayyyy to much, I'm getting some nasty visuals there.
 

post #716 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer View Post

 

OMG, I just looked and now I'm scarred for life!  Lol.. the cover image for that vid needs to be censored, 'cause that thing looks lifelike!

 

She wants to stick it in the shower and scare her husband.  LOL!


What the heck I just saw that, why would anyone post that on freaking youtube?! o.O

post #717 of 1591
I purchased the November box and it was HORRIBLE! the items were clearly expired not discontinued. They had stickers from Rite Aid, cracked eye shadows and a bonus item of "lip smackers!" Anyways I FB messages RCB and she offered me a free Dec box as a gift. Then her VP MUA!?!? Said no she can't send me a free box even tho I was offered one in a message prior!

I never asked for a box or refund or anything but they "handled" the situation on their own! Poor customer service and product. I can't believe I wasted my $ on this junk!

They did state I could get a refund if I sent it all back with tags and labels. I gave everything in the box to my daughter right after opening it :/

Just a waste.
post #718 of 1591

You would have had to pay postage to return it.. Open a Paypal dispute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezymama View Post

I purchased the November box and it was HORRIBLE! the items were clearly expired not discontinued. They had stickers from Rite Aid, cracked eye shadows and a bonus item of "lip smackers!" Anyways I FB messages RCB and she offered me a free Dec box as a gift. Then her VP MUA!?!? Said no she can't send me a free box even tho I was offered one in a message prior!
I never asked for a box or refund or anything but they "handled" the situation on their own! Poor customer service and product. I can't believe I wasted my $ on this junk!
They did state I could get a refund if I sent it all back with tags and labels. I gave everything in the box to my daughter right after opening it :/
Just a waste.
post #719 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaG View Post

Personally I thought the part about hiring an assistant and getting a big shoe horn to be able to use it was wayyyy to much, I'm getting some nasty visuals there.
 

 

That was so awkward. 

post #720 of 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezymama View Post

I purchased the November box and it was HORRIBLE! the items were clearly expired not discontinued. They had stickers from Rite Aid, cracked eye shadows and a bonus item of "lip smackers!" Anyways I FB messages RCB and she offered me a free Dec box as a gift. Then her VP MUA!?!? Said no she can't send me a free box even tho I was offered one in a message prior!

I never asked for a box or refund or anything but they "handled" the situation on their own! Poor customer service and product. I can't believe I wasted my $ on this junk!

They did state I could get a refund if I sent it all back with tags and labels. I gave everything in the box to my daughter right after opening it :/

Just a waste.

 

That's their MO. Send out expired, discontinued and possibly counterfeit products (since they buy through a 3rd party vendor versus dealing directly with companies) then demand the products back for a refund. Worse is that they WILL publish the customer's name and address on 3rd party sites like Rip Off Reports which they did to another member here on MUT. So be careful when dealing with Patty and her friends because they may post your personal information on the internet calling you a scam artist.

MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Red Carpet Box