I am a big fan of the Royal & Langenickel makeup brushes. Their synthetics are amazing and very soft. No shedding and they have a wide variety of styles not to mention they are very reasonable in price.
- categoryBlushtagged by System, 9/21/12
- topicBronzers Blusherstagged by System, 9/21/12
- categoryBronzers Highlighterstagged by System, 9/21/12
- categoryConcealers Neutralizerstagged by System, 9/21/12
- categoryEye Shadowtagged by System, 9/21/12
- categoryFoundationtagged by System, 9/21/12
- categoryPowdertagged by System, 9/21/12
- brandSephoratagged by System, 9/21/12
- brandUltatagged by System, 9/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- I'm new at makeup (need advice) Last post on 10/20/13 at 3:51pm in Makeup Talk
- S.O.S. with blog! Last post on 10/16/13 at 5:16pm in Makeup Talk
- Please help me and my new beauty blog! Last post on 10/14/13 at 8:47am in Makeup Talk
- The Girl from MTV True life has a nude lipstick video..Is it really her? Last post on 11/20/13 at 8:36pm in Makeup Talk
- What stores are you most excited for on Black Friday? Last post on 11/27/13 at 6:12pm in Makeup Talk
Makeup For Men
Last edited: 10/1/13
- Beauty Quackery Throughout HistoryLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes?Last edited: 2/28/14
- Changing Makeup With The SeasonLast edited: 2/21/14
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
Makeup Brushes - Page 2
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #32 of 5711/30/12 at 11:52pmpost #33 of 5712/1/12 at 10:13pmpost #34 of 5712/2/12 at 11:33am
I'm a BIG fan of real techniques. They have a few sets, but if you are looking for just one I'd grab the core collection (it's the gold set). It has a buffing brush, a highlighting/contour brush, a foundation brush (some people say they use more for concealer, but I find it great for the thick liquid foundations I use), and a detailer (use it as a lip or possibly liner brush). These brushes are incredibly well priced for how amazing they are! Also if you just wanted to try out one to get started in the brand (just one brush as an intro if you will), grab the expert face brush. I can do just about everything foundation and blush wise with it!post #35 of 5712/9/12 at 9:55pmpost #36 of 5712/16/12 at 11:41am
I like MAC brushes, my favorite one is the 217 blending brush, it is amazing. I love it! I also have some brushes for powder and foundation also from Mac, however I often see that girls have much more brushes, than just three as me. I found this post about 8 must brushes http://beautytricks.freeiz.com/8-must-have-makeup-brushes/. How do you thing are they really MUSt have Once?post #37 of 5712/21/12 at 9:40ampost #38 of 5712/25/12 at 10:37am
I use MAC brushes but a few months ago purchased the Real Techniques Foundation brush.
In my opinion it far exceeds expectation ,I cannot believe I haven't tried these brushes sooner .
Provides excellent coverage ,the bristles are very dense and after having washed the brushes ,I didnt have a problem with bristles falling out .
I've now purchased other Real Techniques brushes ...best of all it doesnt come with a hefty price tag and in my opinion better than my MAC brushes .post #39 of 5712/25/12 at 10:39ampost #40 of 5712/25/12 at 7:27pmI'm not a fan of MAC brushes- I had 2 of them and the black bristles kept coming off on my face- it looked like dark hairs- drove me crazy!!
I personally really like sephora brushes- awesome quality!! Also, I just got a couple the balm brushes and the foundation brush is amazing!!
I personally think its better to buy the brushes separately than a set- this way you can get exactly what you want- I'm super picky and I like what I like.post #41 of 579/12/13 at 11:23ampost #42 of 579/14/13 at 3:25ampost #43 of 579/14/13 at 7:28ampost #44 of 579/14/13 at 5:12pm
I have a small (large) addiction to brushes. lol Right now, I'm loving the ELF blending show brush. I am not sure how I managed before finding this brush.
It isn't like the blending brush I bought a few years ago. It's shorted, and more packed, but not so much that it doesn't blend. I'm loving it!! And, I found them at Big Lots for .95 a piece....Winning! lol :)post #45 of 579/17/13 at 12:28ampost #46 of 579/17/13 at 2:02ampost #47 of 579/18/13 at 10:22pmpost #48 of 579/19/13 at 11:12ampost #49 of 579/19/13 at 11:16ampost #50 of 5710/4/13 at 2:49ampost #51 of 5710/4/13 at 9:06ampost #52 of 5710/4/13 at 2:29pm
I'm totally addicted to my ecotools brushes. I scope out Walgreens for sales and pick up every line extension. They're inexpensive, hold up very well to multiple washings, and do a great job delivering color. I find them much more effective than my Lorac, Mac, or UD brushes, even! I also picked up a couple specialty crease brushes from Sonia Kashuk @ Target, my new favorite eye brush is this one: http://www.target.com/p/sonia-kashuk-kashuk-tools-synthetic-crease-shadow-brush-no-08/-/A-10806934#prodSlot=medium_1_34
I've been contemplating buying the Sigma specialty brush set, mainly because they have some unusual shapes. I'm interested in how they compare to the Sedona Lace. I've never seen either brush in person, just online.post #53 of 5711/11/13 at 2:06pm
I need a new set of brushes (mine are getting really old!) and I was eyeing the eco-brush set by BH Cosmetics. It's a smaller kit of brushes, but I think it's plenty for what I need. I saw a review in the Examiner and other bloggers seem to like it... so maybe I'll go for that next!
Has anyone else tried it? http://www.bhcosmetics.com/products/brushes/10pcs-eco-brush-setpost #54 of 5711/11/13 at 5:42pm
I love my real techniques brushes (you can find them at ulta). Single brushes range from $5-$10 and sets are about $17.99 or (usually with 5 brushes in them each). Very often Ulta will run a buy one, get one 1/2 off with them. These brushes are synthetic fibers (so they are cruelty free), with an aluminum handle. They can take a beating and they last a long time. The quality for the price is amazing. My favorite brushes by this brand are the buffing brush and the limited edition duo fiber set. I have multiples of these for personal and professional use.
I will say this, MAC brushes are worth the money, they have a lifetime warranty (real mac brushes, not the fake ones you buy on ebay, there is a difference and if you work for mac or have mac brushes, you can tell in an instant the difference in quality-most of the time). Mac brushes are hand made (with the exception of the holiday brush kits, those are machine made which is why they sell them at a cheaper price point). I dont have a whole set of them, but I do have a few key brushes, like the 217 blending brush, 224 tapered blending brush, 239 shader brush, 219 pencil brush and my 168 large angle brush. I love my mac brushes and are usually my go to for the eyes because I love the way they apply and blend product, but there are definitely cheaper alternatives to theses that do just as agood a job.
I will also say this, for a decent starting set check out the ELF Pro line of brushes, though these dont compare to some others, they still work and are only $3 per brush, I think a 10 piece brush kit goes for around $30, which isnt back and very often them have sales. If you can go to a store and pick a few brushes, make sure you look because they are not cut all the same (even the same brush can be quite inconsistently cut between the models, but for the price they are decent enough to add to your own kit). They are all synthetic and I use the detailer brush to clean up around my cuticles and nails when I paint them myself (I will dip the detailer brush in pure acetone, and it has not fallen apart yet and this one I have used for about a year). The regular $1 line of brushes from ELF are crap, you are better off with the pro line, again, definitely NOT pro quality brushes, but still good enough to through in your own personal kit, without breaking the wallet.
Hope that helps and gives you a few ideas. :)post #55 of 5711/11/13 at 5:45pm
I love my real technique brushes. I love th RT buffing brush way more then the more expensive Urban Decay Optical Blurring brush ( and I adored that when I first got it). But for the price I can get 2-3 RT buffing brushes. Have you tried the RT Duo Fiber set? I have 4 sets (2 for personal and 2 for my pro kit, one set each for powder and one set each for liquid). Love the RT brushes so much, I can't wait for her to come out with more! :)post #56 of 5711/11/13 at 5:52pmpost #57 of 5711/11/13 at 7:28pm
I know this is a bit more specific, but any recs for a fine angled liner brush? I've been using one from a Sephora kit that's starting to get a bit tired looking. I had recently picked up an EcoTools set, as I needed to add a few extra brushes as well as replace others and while I love their angled liner for my brows, it's way too thick for me to apply my gel liner properly.
The only store I really have in my area is a Walmart, so it's been a bit tough trying to pick out a new one since I'm probably going to have to buy it online without being able to see it first in person.
- Makeup Brushes
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Beauty Quackery Throughout History
- › 4 Letter Word Game 33 seconds ago
- › Sephora: codes, deals, sales, and discussion 1 minute ago
- › (Spoilers) Julep May 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Influenster 4 minutes ago
- › Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS 4 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Must Have April 2014 *SPOILERS* 8 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 13 minutes ago
- › Smokey Sun Rise FOTD 20 minutes ago
- › For Eyelash Stylists - Volume lash extensions - NEW LEVEL!!!!!!! 20 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: April 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers) [merged] 20 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene