Hey, I was wondering if any of you knew if the Ben Nye banana powder is just for darker complexions? Or can it also work for yellow toned light Asian skin? I heard its a good setting powder that lasts but I don't know if it will look good on my skin.
Related Forum Threads
- Makeup Brush SETS (Which brand would you choose)? Last post on Yesterday at 8:35 pm in Makeup Talk
- How do you pronounce... Last post on Yesterday at 8:34 pm in Makeup Talk
- Favorite Nars Blush?! Last post on Yesterday at 6:11 pm in Makeup Talk
- Eyebrow Highlighters- Best Products and Colors? Last post on 12/5/13 at 7:46am in Makeup Talk
- How to get rid off from tan Last post on 12/3/13 at 2:53am in Skin Care Talk
Makeup For Men
Last edited: 10/1/13
- Foundation Matching MythsLast edited: 7/12/13
- How To Get A High Definition FaceLast edited: 6/23/13
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
LOVEEEE this product! It's just so gorgeous! My shade is in "Mocha" and oh my goodness. I feel like it would work with an array of skintones, from fair to an olive skin tone, I'm not sure about it...
Say "Oriental" in a conversation about perfume and one is likely to think Opium or Cinnabar, often with a mental image of Thelma from "Mama's Family" in her support stockings and Sunday dress, at...
This product was pretty orange for me. I blended tons but color was still to dark in a bronze tone.
Ben nye banana powderpost #1 of 3010/14/12 at 6:10pmThread Starter
Beauty Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3010/14/12 at 6:48pmpost #3 of 3010/14/12 at 7:06pmpost #4 of 3010/14/12 at 7:52pmThread StarterQuote:
Good to know thanks, I heard a lot of good things about it!Quote:
Yes that one, is it just for dark complexions or will it work for fair skin tone with yellow undertones?post #5 of 3010/14/12 at 7:52pmThread Starterpost #6 of 3010/14/12 at 7:55pmYou could use it Zadi. Not dark at all! Just warms up the skintone. The powder looks like a very light mustard yellow, not bright at all. I bought the 1.5 oz bottle, yep same as pictured and have more than what the photo shows or about the same. I used it consistently throughout the summer months and maybe used a centimeter or two of product? It'll last me forever! I'll probably give it away to a friend after I buy a translucent or pearly pink luxury powder soon.post #7 of 3010/14/12 at 7:59pmI bought mine from Camera Ready Cosmetics through an online order. I think they're based out of California and the bottle was $8 or so? I had a coupon code for IMATS going on that weekend in LA and saved a small percent. If you have a theatre makeup shop nearby, try there. Or just Google, which is what I did lol.post #8 of 3010/14/12 at 9:43pmpost #9 of 3010/14/12 at 9:51pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by zadidoll
I saw it on Frends Beauty Supply which is a reputable company.Quote:Originally Posted by MissLindaJean
I bought mine from Camera Ready Cosmetics through an online order. I think they're based out of California and the bottle was $8 or so? I had a coupon code for IMATS going on that weekend in LA and saved a small percent. If you have a theatre makeup shop nearby, try there. Or just Google, which is what I did lol.
Much thanks :)post #10 of 3010/15/12 at 11:05ampost #11 of 3010/19/12 at 7:54pmThread Starterpost #12 of 3010/28/12 at 6:16ampost #13 of 3010/28/12 at 6:35ampost #14 of 3010/28/12 at 10:24amQuote:
http://therefinedbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/05/ben-nye-banana-powder.html explains its usefulness. For darker complexions, it can be a wonderful highlighter, for certain skin tones, it can be a good setting powder, and some people do like a yellow powder for color correction purposes.post #15 of 3010/31/12 at 7:43ampost #16 of 3012/1/12 at 5:58ampost #17 of 3012/9/12 at 1:54pmpost #18 of 3012/10/12 at 1:16pmQuote:
I have used Banana powder when the foundation is too red. My skin has yellow/ golden tones and it works fine. A little goes a long way. I've never tried the Ben Nye banana powder but the Ruby Kisses version. I couldn't afford Ben Nye and the Ruby Kisses only cost $4.post #19 of 3012/13/12 at 2:17pmpost #20 of 3012/13/12 at 2:24pmpost #21 of 3012/13/12 at 2:31pmpost #22 of 3012/13/12 at 3:34pmpost #23 of 3012/14/12 at 2:24pm
I was just researching and apparently they changed the name so you should have the right product. Both will be floating around out there until they all sell out. I think the one you have is the new name changed from visage poudre to luxury powder.post #24 of 3012/14/12 at 2:25pmpost #25 of 301/4/13 at 8:54pmpost #26 of 301/5/13 at 9:29ampost #27 of 301/5/13 at 3:48pmpost #28 of 301/5/13 at 7:36pm
I'm really pale but I have major dark circles under my eyes. I use this stuff to set my cream concealer and it cancels-out the purple and blue of my dark circles. I bought mine online, but that was a mistake. I found it at my local costume shop for $12.00 for the biggest amount available! I was so made I paid shipping...post #29 of 304/4/13 at 1:26pmpost #30 of 304/15/13 at 4:23am
I have been undecided whether to order the Ben Nye Powder or RCMA. I heard the RCMA is really good because it doesn't contain any pigment so it's a great setting powder and controls oil very well. I also read that it's perfect to set cream eyeshadow! I'm Asian, generally have yellow undertone but my face has neutral undertone, and an NC25. I look a bit lighter in person than on my profile picture. Do you think Cameo will work for me? I really want the Banana Powder, but it's currently out of stock where I am, so I'm considering the RCMA or Cameo. Any help is greatly appreciated.
- Ben nye banana powder
- Foundation Matching Myths
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 37 seconds ago
- › Skincare Helpppp! 58 seconds ago
- › (Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon! 6 minutes ago
- › Sephora GC promo 7 minutes ago
- › POPSUGAR LIMITED EDITION HOLIDAY BOX 9 minutes ago
- › Eyeliner 13 minutes ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 28 minutes ago
- › Blush/Dermstore Collection Holiday Grab Bags 30 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 38 minutes ago
- › Allure Winter Beauty Box 2013 39 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › Glossbox USA by GlamBabe
- › Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara by GlamBabe
- › Birchbox Women by Horrorbeauty
- › Printable Nail Decals Actually Work! Who Knew! by bowsandnails
- › Finally Nail Decals That Really Work!! by bowsandnails
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › 5 Tips For Getting That Professional Look by Director
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene