or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Julep › Discussions › Julep: November 2012 boxes

Julep: November 2012 boxes - Page 9

post #241 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkdior713 View Post

So, I really love the colors (got Classic with a Twist) but I put on Minka and within hours my nails were chipping hard core.  Since it dries so fast I used polish remover on the 2 that were massively chipping and repainted them.  This morning THEY'VE CHIPPED AGAIN!!!!  I've never ever had this happen so bad with polishes!  I've never had suedes before.  Are they prone to chipping?  Oh, and Yes I did use two top coats!

 

Someone suggested the sandwich method on fb to combat the chipping.

  1. matte top coat
  2. shiny top coat
  3. matte top coat

 

I was bored last night waiting for the popsugar site to work again, so I decided to put Amber on over the polish I already had on. I tried the sandwich method using Butter London Matte Top Coat & P.D Quick Top Coat and everything is still in tact with zero signs of chipping today. Still not a huge fan of Julep but I really do love these suedes.

post #242 of 272
Sandwich method sounds good! I think I'll be doing that tonight. smile.gif
post #243 of 272

yuck. i had horrible chipping with Nora and Hailee. I painted them last night, and by 3pm today both pointer and middle fingers had chipped to nearly halfway off, and little chips on the others. 

 

I will attempt the top coat sammich next time, but for now I put Caroline on my fingers and Leslie on my toes. 

 

I think I want to add the Nicki Minaj x OPI Black and silver chunky glitter over Caroline for some pizzaz. I like to have glitter polish on at all times, so I can hardly stand cremes without some sort of added glitter top coat, I am okay with shimmers ,but generally the sparklier the better :)

 

I really really hope it girl is 3 glitters for december :) 

post #244 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

"Deferred CIM Maven Payment" - that's if you pay using any Julep Jules.

Then that is *really* odd because I didn't use any JJs.  

 

But here's another thing that seems weird but might be correct (I'm on day three of a nasty cold and can't remember anything):  Did the It Girl box come with an option for fast-dry top coat?  Or was there a code for a free top coat floating around that I might have used?  I'm wondering because I received an add-on box with this stuff, but I don't recall having a code for a free bottle of this stuff, and I wouldn't have ordered it as an add-on if I had to pay for it (and I was not charged for it) because I have a four-ounce bottle of Seche Vite, but I can't figure out why they sent it to me unless this was a freebie I completely forgot about.

 

Also, I just noticed that my Maven order page says I should be charged $20.98:  $15.99 for the box itself and $4.99 for the add-on.  The box should have been $19.99, not $15.99, so the total should have been $24.98 -- which was what I was actually charged.  I'm sending email about the extra add-on bottle and this disconnect between the order page and the actual charge, but I wanted to mention that to give everyone the heads-up to check things over.

post #245 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkdior713 View Post

So, I really love the colors (got Classic with a Twist) but I put on Minka and within hours my nails were chipping hard core.  Since it dries so fast I used polish remover on the 2 that were massively chipping and repainted them.  This morning THEY'VE CHIPPED AGAIN!!!!  I've never ever had this happen so bad with polishes!  I've never had suedes before.  Are they prone to chipping?  Oh, and Yes I did use two top coats!

I haven't experienced any chipping, just some slight tip wear.  So far, Amber is wearing like any normal polish for me.  I really wonder if body/nail chemistry is a factor, as I haven't had problems with chipping with any of the Julep polishes thus far. 

post #246 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 View Post

I haven't experienced any chipping, just some slight tip wear.  So far, Amber is wearing like any normal polish for me.  I really wonder if body/nail chemistry is a factor, as I haven't had problems with chipping with any of the Julep polishes thus far. 

What did you use in terms of a base and/or top coat?

post #247 of 272

That is odd if you don't have any Jules.

post #248 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki View Post

What did you use in terms of a base and/or top coat?


I used Seche Vite base coat, no top coat.  I'm going on day 3 with minimal tip wear, no chips.  I usually go about 5-6 days per manicure, and so far Amber is wearing quite well.

post #249 of 272

i have major issues with Julep polish, even with a top coat m polish chips in 2 days, and my matte one (with the matte top coat) chipped within hours.

post #250 of 272

I'm having good luck with Hailee so far - over 24 hours with no chips.  I used three thin coats over the Julep basecoat (before reading that basecoat isn't recommended for suedes).  It dries so incredibly fast that using thin coats seemed to help get consistent coverage with no bubbles.

post #251 of 272

I've emailed customer service at Julep several times with questions since I started in June and they are quite timely and helpful with their responses. I've been able to take care of everything in an email without having to call. This includes questions regarding our extra November points, how to remove an add-on when I changed my mind, and shipping questions too. Nice replies and I'm very happy with their customer service.

post #252 of 272

I find my chipping depends more on how much housework and bathing I'm doing. When I take a shower I usually get out missing bits of nail polish, sometimes major sections that I would call bigger than a chip. I hate not having a dishwasher and have to wash by hand which also makes my nails chip more.

post #253 of 272

This is my 5th day of wear, and you can see tip wear and some slight chipping, but nothing I'd consider unusual at 5 days.

 

700

post #254 of 272

Has anyone else not received their box yet? I still haven't received mine and my shipping isn't updated, but oddly enough I did receive my add on (the matte top coat) over a week ago. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back yet....

post #255 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki View Post

Has anyone else not received their box yet? I still haven't received mine and my shipping isn't updated, but oddly enough I did receive my add on (the matte top coat) over a week ago. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back yet....


Did you get an upgraded box? My tracking still hasn't updated since the 4th I plan on calling tomorrow to see if it actually shipped or not.

post #256 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorabell View Post


Did you get an upgraded box? My tracking still hasn't updated since the 4th I plan on calling tomorrow to see if it actually shipped or not.


I upgraded and my box still hasn't shipped. I have been trying to call all morning. After holding on the line for several minutes each time, it then tells me no can answer the phone, leave a message. I have called 5 times already and no answer.

post #257 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorabell View Post


Did you get an upgraded box? My tracking still hasn't updated since the 4th I plan on calling tomorrow to see if it actually shipped or not.

No - just the normal Maven box, I think it was the Boho Glam one. I finally got a response from Juelp CS though....there's what they said:

 

Hi Nicole,

 

Thank you for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping. We have noticed that our Mavens on the East Coast are experiencing shipping delays due to Hurricane Sandy. Additionally, the tracking information for these orders are also delayed. If the box has not arrived by the end of the week, let us know and we will be happy to further assist. I’m glad to hear that your add-on has arrived, I use the Matte Top Coat all the time and absolutely love it!

 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any further questions or concerns. Until next time, have a great day and shine on!

 

SO - maybe it is because I live in NJ.  I finally have power back at home after a ridiculous amount of time, and all I want to do is paint my nails!! :(

post #258 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki View Post

Has anyone else not received their box yet? I still haven't received mine and my shipping isn't updated, but oddly enough I did receive my add on (the matte top coat) over a week ago. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back yet....


I never received my box and when I emailed C.S. they informed me that my add-on was never ordered so they put in a separate order for that. I had to email back and tell them again, I never received my subscription box which was the IT Girl box. I don't think they even read the emails before replying to them because their responses make no sense at all most of the time.  It has taken me 7 emails and they refuse to send a replacement box or refund me only offer a store credit.

 

This of course is only after they originally told me once the box is shipped and USPS has it they have no control over it so if it gets lost then they are not responsible. Sorry, but I completely disagree with that. I paid for a product and I expect to receive the product. 

 

If they can issue a store credit then why can't they send my It Girl box that I paid for??? Needless to say I have canceled my subscription and will deal with my cc company.  I'm not sure who would be happy with a store credit when they can't even send the items you actually pay for.

 

Not to mention their website is horrible to navigate and lacks important details about your orders that would be very helpful like tracking.

post #259 of 272

I received my box (pretty late) but I still haven't received my addon, which I paid for with Jules.  I had to resend them an email today, as I never heard back from one I sent exactly a week ago so.  Here's hoping.  At LEAST give me my Jules back, yeesh.

post #260 of 272

I got my box today, the shipping never updated until it made it to the post office and was ready for pick up. In all it only took 11 days since it shipped out on the 4th.

post #261 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypaws View Post


I never received my box and when I emailed C.S. they informed me that my add-on was never ordered so they put in a separate order for that. I had to email back and tell them again, I never received my subscription box which was the IT Girl box. I don't think they even read the emails before replying to them because their responses make no sense at all most of the time.  It has taken me 7 emails and they refuse to send a replacement box or refund me only offer a store credit.

 

This of course is only after they originally told me once the box is shipped and USPS has it they have no control over it so if it gets lost then they are not responsible. Sorry, but I completely disagree with that. I paid for a product and I expect to receive the product. 

 

If they can issue a store credit then why can't they send my It Girl box that I paid for??? Needless to say I have canceled my subscription and will deal with my cc company.  I'm not sure who would be happy with a store credit when they can't even send the items you actually pay for.

 

Not to mention their website is horrible to navigate and lacks important details about your orders that would be very helpful like tracking.

Definitely take it up with your credit card company. They can't just refuse to send you the product you paid for and not offer a refund. Sorry you had issues...That's never fun to have to fight when companies try to rip you off.

post #262 of 272

Has anyone been having issues with shipping not being free? I'm trying to use my voucher from Zulily to purchase a Christmas gift for my aunt that's way marked down (that autumn set), but it keeps adding $3.99 shipping to my order despite being a Maven. I've emailed them but haven't heard back.
 

post #263 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww View Post

Has anyone been having issues with shipping not being free? I'm trying to use my voucher from Zulily to purchase a Christmas gift for my aunt that's way marked down (that autumn set), but it keeps adding $3.99 shipping to my order despite being a Maven. I've emailed them but haven't heard back.
 

I had the same problem when I used my Zulily voucher but I just paid the $3.99 shipping because it is not worth the time or hassle trying to deal with their customer service. I had already purchased my voucher before having my other problems with them so I just wanted to use it and be done with them. Nothing is ever easy with this company!

post #264 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 View Post

Definitely take it up with your credit card company. They can't just refuse to send you the product you paid for and not offer a refund. Sorry you had issues...That's never fun to have to fight when companies try to rip you off.

Thanks! I have already started the claim with my cc co. and decided to file a complaint with the BBB. I'm sure it won't do any good since their rating is already an F on the BBB website but at least I will feel better :-)

post #265 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypaws View Post

Thanks! I have already started the claim with my cc co. and decided to file a complaint with the BBB. I'm sure it won't do any good since their rating is already an F on the BBB website but at least I will feel better :-)


I just checked BBB the reason for the F rating is because they are not a BBB accredited business, also they have only had 2 complaints filed through BBB.

post #266 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorabell View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkypaws View Post

Thanks! I have already started the claim with my cc co. and decided to file a complaint with the BBB. I'm sure it won't do any good since their rating is already an F on the BBB website but at least I will feel better :-)


I just checked BBB the reason for the F rating is because they are not a BBB accredited business, also they have only had 2 complaints filed through BBB.

 

I do recommend people filing complaints with the BBB however the BBB tends to be an unfair way to see if a business is reputable or not especially depending on the amount of complaints versus rating. As you pointed out, Julep only has TWO complaints yet has a F rating which isn't an accurate representation of Julep plus it doesn't state if it's for the website OR the actual salons and if it's against the salons which one?

 

BTW - months ago I pointed out that the Bellevue salon didn't have a license and it still doesn't. I have spoken with a person at the Dept of Cosmetology and found out that YES the Bellevue salon is operating illegally. They MUST renew their salon license otherwise face fines and possible closure until they have a salon license.

 

The BBB report with the F rating is on the Bellevue salon which isn't licensed to do business.

 

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/beauty-supplies-and-equipment/julep-maven-in-bellevue-wa-22692965

post #267 of 272

Business do not get an F rating for the sole reason that they are not members of the Better Business Bureau. It is not free to join and many businesss are not members for that and other reasons. They had to "earn" the F because of something in particular that they either did not do or did not respond to when the BBB contacted them. I believe that in the case of a nonresponse the BBB decides on the side of the complaining person.

post #268 of 272

I agree that businesses "earn" their F ratings, but the BBB is also gross because people can "buy" their A's. :| Just saying.

post #269 of 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorabell View Post


I just checked BBB the reason for the F rating is because they are not a BBB accredited business, also they have only had 2 complaints filed through BBB.

They actually have 4 closed complaints that does not include any open or pending complaints. Even though the address does show the Bellevue Parlor I believe some if not all of these complaints were meant for Julep.com.  They are not accredited because of their F rating which if is usually based on their business practices if I'm not mistaken.

post #270 of 272

So, I still haven't received my nora add-on from the November box. It is still showing as "backordered" on my account. Is anyone else still waiting on nora or anything else from November or should I try and call?

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Julep
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Julep › Discussions › Julep: November 2012 boxes