or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012

post #1 of 2328
Thread Starter 

So its pretty early, but I was looking at my instagram this morning and saw some pictures from Mollie Chen's instagram

 

What do you think?

Warning: Spoiler! November preview items (Click to show)

 

 

I spy Hairdressers oil from bumble and bumble, oscar blandi spray and some perfume up top

post #2 of 2328

They could just be for Nov tutorial vids?

I know people will be unhappy if they're sending another hair oil. Lol

post #3 of 2328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by astokes View Post

They could just be for Nov tutorial vids?

I know people will be unhappy if they're sending another hair oil. Lol

Idk. Maybe... You never know whats in the boxes until zadi's spoilers come out!

post #4 of 2328
Regarding B&B oil, I did receive a sample of it through rent the runway, which was started by the same owners of Birchbox, so it's possible that it is an upcoming sample. LOVE the product and my hairdresser also used it after my cut and vouched for it. Saving up my pennies to try, as its really invisible but does wonders.
post #5 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by astokes View Post

They could just be for Nov tutorial vids?

I know people will be unhappy if they're sending another hair oil. Lol

Idk. Maybe... You never know whats in the boxes until zadi's spoilers come out!

 

And even then you don't really know since Birchbox has switched stuff out at the last minute.

post #6 of 2328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

And even then you don't really know since Birchbox has switched stuff out at the last minute.

True! Like the eyeko this month! But your posts are much more reliable than the videos they release

post #7 of 2328

The bumble and bumble hairdressers oil is pretty nice. I got a sample from Sephora, it was like a large perfume tube.

I don't understand their insistence that we all try 10 hair oils. They are okay, but I prefer the look of my hair without them generally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel View Post

Regarding B&B oil, I did receive a sample of it through rent the runway, which was started by the same owners of Birchbox, so it's possible that it is an upcoming sample. LOVE the product and my hairdresser also used it after my cut and vouched for it. Saving up my pennies to try, as its really invisible but does wonders.

 

Errm, I don't think Rent the Runway and Birchbox are related at all. They have Venture Funding, and A round of 15 mil from Bain Capital (ERRHGHH, Romney) and Highland Capital, and another 15 mil series B from Kleiner Perkins, so they aren't really "owned" by anybody per se, and the founders are certainly not the same as Birchbox,

 

They all were at Harvard Business School at vaguely the same time, but they all started their own companies. 

post #8 of 2328

Commenting for later. November is my birthday month. Please don't disappoint me, birchbox. 

post #9 of 2328

I really hope I can keep it. Going to have to hit up my aunt again for the funds. I feel like such a mooch, but damn if LA County isn't the worst place to try and get a job. If not, I'll live vicariously through you ladies. But don't post good boxes. Only crappy ones so I don't feel bad. yahootongue.gif

post #10 of 2328

Keeping with the food themed lifestyle extra, can we expect turkey jerky for November?

post #11 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetcutecrystal View Post

Keeping with the food themed lifestyle extra, can we expect turkey jerky for November?

I was thinking instant mashed potatoes.
post #12 of 2328

I love the hair oils. Those are some of my favourite things to get in boxes, along with perfume, skincare(cleansers & face lotions), and the food items.

 

It's funny how so many people hate the things I love most. lol

 

That B&B Hair Oil is fantastic, btw. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora a while back and loved it.

post #13 of 2328

Hooray for a November Thread!  I can't read anymore of the October Goop complaints anymore.  It just makes me angry.  My box wasn't all that great, but I'm over it now.  On to more important things.....

 

I bought some aqua colored eye shadow yesterday.  I think I'll rock it out today ;-)

post #14 of 2328

I hope I get a body wash or eye shadow in November. I've been subbed since January (started a second in May for Gossip Girl) and have yet to receive those two items. I also haven't received lip gloss... but I DON'T want that, ever!

post #15 of 2328

I would really love to see a good eye makeup remover, something that can handle urban decay glitter liner without irritating my eyes!

post #16 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

So its pretty early, but I was looking at my instagram this morning and saw some pictures from Mollie Chen's instagram

 

What do you think?

Warning: Spoiler! November preview items (Click to show)

 

 

I spy Hairdressers oil from bumble and bumble, oscar blandi spray and some perfume up top

I can't get past her pants... Good God, woman.

post #17 of 2328

I was just about to write something like "When are we starting to discuss what may be coming for November?" when I saw this thread. ;)

post #18 of 2328

I got the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water in my Glossybox last month and it's seriously the best makeup remover I've ever used. It gets EVERYTHING off and doesn't leave an oil or residue behind. AND it doesn't smell like cheap tequila like Clinique's does.

post #19 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenX View Post

I love the hair oils. Those are some of my favourite things to get in boxes, along with perfume, skincare(cleansers & face lotions), and the food items.

 

It's funny how so many people hate the things I love most. lol

 

That B&B Hair Oil is fantastic, btw. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora a while back and loved it.

 

I love the hair oils as well!  Orofluido Beauty Elixir is probably my best find from Birchbox thus far. 

post #20 of 2328

SOOO ready for this month. I hope I get something good, because the last two boxes have been the definition of disappointment. 

 

Let's go, November. Don't disappointment :)

post #21 of 2328

What I really want to see for Nov are new products!  I know it doesn't matter if they "recycle" products that were in previous boxes because you won't get doubles, but one of the reasons I signed up for BB is because I want to try new and up and coming products and brands.  When they're sending out something in October that they sent out in Feb and March, to me, that's not new enough.  One of the reasons I like ipsy/myglam is because they don't repeat.  And the items BB sends out again that I get super excited about because I didn't get it the first 8 times they sent it, I still don't get. :(  And I can't even buy in the store because it's sold out. 

 

I would really like no (or few) foil/one or two time use products and some new stuff for ALL the boxes

post #22 of 2328
Hi. Long-time lurker, first time poster.
I hope they send out the eyeko skinny liners that got held up last month!
post #23 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolas View Post

Hi. Long-time lurker, first time poster.
I hope they send out the eyeko skinny liners that got held up last month!


Doubt it. If they can get people to buy it in the store, they're probably going to do that instead since that's how they  make money :\ Especially since the eyeliners are full-size items.

post #24 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolas View Post

Hi. Long-time lurker, first time poster.
I hope they send out the eyeko skinny liners that got held up last month!

 

I hope so too!!! I've been waiting to get one with free shipping. Birchbox CS answered a question about it on their Facebook page with "Hi Ladies, we will keep you posted about November! Email info@birchbox.com if you have questions." So, it could go either way.

post #25 of 2328

November will be my 4th month, please don't make me cancel BB!

post #26 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenX View Post

I love the hair oils. Those are some of my favourite things to get in boxes, along with perfume, skincare(cleansers & face lotions), and the food items.

 

It's funny how so many people hate the things I love most. lol

 

 

I feel the same way! Love hair oils, perfume, and skincare the most!

post #27 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmeans View Post

I can't get past her pants... Good God, woman.

 

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. They are ridiculous.

post #28 of 2328

Nov will be my 3rd month and i have both fingers and toes crossed I need one WOW moment w/ BB Ive had at least one w/ every other sub.. BB you are on the chopping block!!!!asskicking.gif

post #29 of 2328

^^^^^LOLOLOL....@ ur lil abusive (spank that) smiley's ^^^^^^ that is all...
 

post #30 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loladevil View Post

I would really love to see a good eye makeup remover, something that can handle urban decay glitter liner without irritating my eyes!


I would like to see this too! AND I would love one of those Eyeko eyeliners that they didn't receive in time to ship in my box. I heard great things about them.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012