or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012 - Page 39

post #1141 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

i know bb has been sending out a lot of food lately, but seriously if you have THAT many allergies, you probably shouldn't be using a sampling service anyway i mean even the beauty samples have stuff in them, for example the naked princess gloss last month with the almond oil. i think some people just like to complain.

Yeah that was a fun surprise.... I always check ingredients before I use stuff, because I do have allergies, but somehow that one slipped past me... 

post #1142 of 2328

I got box 9, and I'm pretty happy! Not over the moon, but happy enough to stay subscribed for another month icon_wink.gif

 

The mascara is just ok, which is a bit of a let down. Maybe it's just my tube, but it is SUPER dry and does nothing for lash volume and very little for length. Still, I'll throw it in my work bag for emergencies.

 

I'm kind of MEH about getting cologne for my lifestyle extra. I don't like the implication about having a man in your life, etc. BB is something I do for myself, I don't have any interest in getting stuff for my husband. That's why he has his own BB sub! Still, it's better than yet another nasty bar! Chocolate would have been nice, but I ordered the sample pack along with my cleanser to tip me over the $25 mark for free shipping.

 

I'm hoarding my points and waiting for my 6 month code next month. Hoping to streeeeetch those points and get myself something luxurious yay.gif

post #1143 of 2328

I'm looking for a MOX lip butter!!!

My list up for trade:

  • Stila lip glaze (action CN)
  • The brush guard set
  • WEI real clean skin gelled oil cleanser (2)
  • Glow and Go travel puff (all even)
  • Eye rock eyeliner (package opened but not used, I have tons of them!)
  • Comodynes self tanning (2)
  • John Varvatos (Birchbox man)
  • Caudalie vinoperfect radience serum
  • Perfekt lip gloss (Melrose)

All items are unopened and unused unless noted! I'm open to other trades as well. Mainly eye products, lip sticks, or nail polish.

Thanks!

Caitlin

post #1144 of 2328
post #1145 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellee View Post

 

Yep - the pic they (finally) added for box 20 shows a small tube:  https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/november-2013/nov2012box20

I read this completely wrong! I read it as "there are 20 small tubes of lube" ... I was like what the heck, BB has gone too far lol 

post #1146 of 2328

I decided to try the men's cologne on for myself, since I enjoyed the smell and it's kind of clean and light... and I dropped the vial on the bathroom floor, which of course shattered the vial and spilled the entire contents all over the tile. icon_sad.gif

 

I was very sad for about one minute. The fragrance disappeared so quickly, however, even with it being all over my hands and arms and the floor, that I felt as though it was a message: don't love this so much, because the staying power is zero. Oh, well. It did smell lovely on me, not masculine at all, fwiw.

post #1147 of 2328

 

I'm getting Box 2 also and I'm pretty happy with it. I really wanted the texturing spray and lip butter but hey, we can't get every single thing we want. 

post #1148 of 2328

Does anyone know if they are sending out the different varieties/scents of the One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum or will everyone get the lavendar scent?

post #1149 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1175 View Post

Does anyone know if they are sending out the different varieties/scents of the One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum or will everyone get the lavendar scent?

I think someone got the chamomile one?

post #1150 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

I think someone got the chamomile one?

Good to know! Thanks!
post #1151 of 2328

UGH,

Just logged in and looked at my box and it's so terrible.

 

Soyjoy bar... I don't eat Soy. Gross.

Banana's and BoBabs. That's nice but I already got that in my Sample Society. So really? Not even a different scent?

Another perfume sample...boring. I loved the last one, but again. nothing special at all.

A mascara sample from some place I've never heard of, and the same Oscar brand of Hair Stuff that's been in 900 million different boxes already.

 

I feel like mine is just a weird mix of crap that they threw together because they had it on hand and it doesn't really go together at all. I'm really not thrilled with any of it.

 they are good brands I just personally already have repeats of those things and don't really think they're new or exciting.

post #1152 of 2328

Still no tracking number or box description for me. :( 

post #1153 of 2328

Come to think of it, I didn't get a tracking # via email but I do see it in my profile. I didn't get my 20% off promo code for the hubby's 6th month anniversary either. I did get my tracking for the order I placed though. Odd.

post #1154 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Note to Birchbox: No one complains about the "lifestyle extra" being food if it's chocolate. 

Not true; I'm not supposed to eat sugar, so I don't get happy when it's anything sugary. Even before sugar was verboten, I've always hated chocolate. Not even keen on chocolate-scented stuff.

post #1155 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

UGH,

Just logged in and looked at my box and it's so terrible.

 

Soyjoy bar... I don't eat Soy. Gross.

Banana's and BoBabs. That's nice but I already got that in my Sample Society. So really? Not even a different scent?

Another perfume sample...boring. I loved the last one, but again. nothing special at all.

A mascara sample from some place I've never heard of, and the same Oscar brand of Hair Stuff that's been in 900 million different boxes already.

 

I feel like mine is just a weird mix of crap that they threw together because they had it on hand and it doesn't really go together at all. I'm really not thrilled with any of it.

 they are good brands I just personally already have repeats of those things and don't really think they're new or exciting.

But when you have multiple subs, you can't count on NOT getting the same things. Companies send out samples for the products they choose to send, and don't actually expect people to be signed up for 10 or 20 different subs.

post #1156 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

Not true; I'm not supposed to eat sugar, so I don't get happy when it's anything sugary. Even before sugar was verboten, I've always hated chocolate. Not even keen on chocolate-scented stuff.

 

Okay, I didn't mean this literally. It was kind of a joke because of how happy a lot of people seem to be about getting chocolate.

post #1157 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

 

Okay, I didn't mean this literally. It was kind of a joke because of how happy a lot of people seem to be about getting chocolate.

But it also goes to prove the point that we are all different folks, with different needs--which is why some of us generally have no complaints about BB, while others (and this is NOT directed at you, btw) are almost always irritated with BB :)

post #1158 of 2328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

I think someone got the chamomile one?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1175 View Post

Does anyone know if they are sending out the different varieties/scents of the One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum or will everyone get the lavendar scent?

I got chamomile and I really dont care for the scent. If anyone gets neroli and doesnt want it please pm me! I would be interested in either trading or buying it off of you because I like the neroli scent in general and Chamomille was way to herby for me. I was using the caldrea sea salt and neroli earlier and I just love that scent!

post #1159 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1175 View Post

 

I'm getting Box 2 also and I'm pretty happy with it. I really wanted the texturing spray and lip butter but hey, we can't get every single thing we want. 

I think it's because I've been trying to be optimistic all of these months with saying "next month will be better", when I changed my profile to be more hip a few months ago the boxes have actually gotten worse. I would have loved the box with the mascara in it, once I saw that I had hope that I'd get something similar...

post #1160 of 2328
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

I somehow got box 1 and box 2, which means that I'm getting:

 

2x Masqueology revitalizing eye gel

2x Masqueology 7D moisture cream

2x Masqueology masque cleanse

2x MCMC fragrance phoenix eau de parfum

2x stila all over shimmer liquid

1x One Love Organics aromatic body serum   and

1x Kiehl's creme de corps

 

Assuming the stila is a color I'll use and the perfume is wearable, I'm thrilled!  I'll use every single item, and I actually didn't want to try anything else.  (except for the other Masqueology products and the chocolate)  I've collected loads of the brightening masks they sent out a couple months ago through the trade thread because I like them so much.

I'm not really sure how I made it out this month without getting food bars, men's perfume, mascara I'd let go bad, lip gloss I wouldn't wear or blue nail polish, but I'm definitely thankful!

post #1161 of 2328

What stila color has everyone been getting?  Does it match your profile description?

post #1162 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

I decided to try the men's cologne on for myself, since I enjoyed the smell and it's kind of clean and light... and I dropped the vial on the bathroom floor, which of course shattered the vial and spilled the entire contents all over the tile. icon_sad.gif

 

I was very sad for about one minute. The fragrance disappeared so quickly, however, even with it being all over my hands and arms and the floor, that I felt as though it was a message: don't love this so much, because the staying power is zero. Oh, well. It did smell lovely on me, not masculine at all, fwiw.

 

Was this an Atelier cologne?  Because I had contacted them a few months ago about their women's perfumes.  They sent me 9 (!) different samples, and I've tried about 4 of them.  Some of the best scents I've ever smelled!  Except that I can pretty much dump them on my hair and clothes, and they're still gone before I leave the house.  =(  Breaks my heart.

post #1163 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylola123 View Post

I read this completely wrong! I read it as "there are 20 small tubes of lube" ... I was like what the heck, BB has gone too far lol 


Teehee!  That would be an interesting lifestyle extra...  wink.gif

post #1164 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Come to think of it, I didn't get a tracking # via email but I do see it in my profile. I didn't get my 20% off promo code for the hubby's 6th month anniversary either. I did get my tracking for the order I placed though. Odd.

 

Have you bought any women's items with your hubby's code, by chance?  I tried to get an item for me with my hubby's welcome code and it wouldn't let me, even though his box is on my account and all our points go into a common bucket.  Fluke, maybe?

post #1165 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Come to think of it, I didn't get a tracking # via email but I do see it in my profile. I didn't get my 20% off promo code for the hubby's 6th month anniversary either. I did get my tracking for the order I placed though. Odd.

 

Have you bought any women's items with your hubby's code, by chance?  I tried to get an item for me with my hubby's welcome code and it wouldn't let me, even though his box is on my account and all our points go into a common bucket.  Fluke, maybe?

 

Yes!.  :D I used the 3 month one on these items but never got my 6 month one so I had to contact CS to get the discount for my latest order (which included his favorite shampoo).

 

700

post #1166 of 2328

Hmmmm - maybe it was because there wasn't a men's item with it?  Hee - he hadn't even tried any of his items yet, so I tried to see if we could not let the code go to waste by just ordering one me-item.  (I did order an item from his first box for him a few weeks later, but of course the code was dead by then.)

post #1167 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

Yes!.  :D I used the 3 month one on these items but never got my 6 month one so I had to contact CS to get the discount for my latest order (which included his favorite shampoo).

 

700


And by the way - HolyCOW!!!! Nearly $200 worth of items for 5 bucks?!?!  Nicely Done!  *Clap. Clap. Clap. SlowClapsItOut for Zadi...*

post #1168 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

Has anyone tried the Oscar Blandi texture/volumizing spray? Very interested to see how it works.. Is it like regular hairsprays that it makes your hair stiff, gritty, crunchy, sticky, etc? Or is it more natural/touchable? Still, if it really works, it beats backcombing :P.

I'd be interested to know this too!

post #1169 of 2328
Quote:

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

 

I've collected loads of the brightening masks they sent out a couple months ago through the trade thread because I like them so much.

 

I think trading you my brightening mask was one of the first trades I made! rolleyes.gif

post #1170 of 2328

Looks like i'm getting box #3.   Not really excited about the Miricle Skin Transformer & the Rose Cologne.  I was really hopping for some MOX or the spray oil.. my skin is SO DRY right now... anything would have helped!

 

If anyone has MOX or the spray oil and wants to do a trade; let me know.  I have lot of stuff from BB and IPSY.


Thanks

Susan

 

 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012