or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012 - Page 47

post #1381 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA View Post


Same here.....seems all us Box 3 peeps are waiting on our shipping email.  I don't think anyone has gotten a box with the Miracle Skin primer yet.


You know I was thinking the same thing..there must be a holdup with the Miracle Skin. Great detective work lol !

post #1382 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA View Post


Same here.....seems all us Box 3 peeps are waiting on our shipping email.  I don't think anyone has gotten a box with the Miracle Skin primer yet.

 

I sampled it via Sephora, it isn't that impressive. It is just your typical primer, IMO. It is ok, I keep a sample tube in my purse, but it does nothing to warrant the Miracle title. Velvet Skin Coat is better.

post #1383 of 2328

I am getting Box 13.  It displayed as my current box before I got the shipment info.  Kind of a fail.  But I know what I'm getting and it looks pretty good.  At least it's all products I want to try.

post #1384 of 2328

Here's my emergency purse kit.  I have a weenie flashlight I might add in there, too thanks to the suggestions in the forum.  :)  

 

 

 

700

 

All closed up (no idea why these uploaded upside down.  LOL)

 

 

700

 

Top open. You can see where there is still room in there for my replacement packet meds when I get to the store.

 

 

700

 

Everything spilled out.  The safety pins and $20 are in the little blue zippered jewelry pouch.  (The dollar I put in there the other day because seriously, when I'm out and all they have are vending machines, I NEVER have a single.)

post #1385 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice blue View Post

 

I sampled it via Sephora, it isn't that impressive. It is just your typical primer, IMO. It is ok, I keep a sample tube in my purse, but it does nothing to warrant the Miracle title. Velvet Skin Coat is better.


I totally agree that Velvet Skin Coat is AMAZING!

post #1386 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelywhim View Post


I totally agree that Velvet Skin Coat is AMAZING!

It REALLY is.  I...there are no words really.  I LOVE Velvet Skin Coat.  

post #1387 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice blue View Post

 

I sampled it via Sephora, it isn't that impressive. It is just your typical primer, IMO. It is ok, I keep a sample tube in my purse, but it does nothing to warrant the Miracle title. Velvet Skin Coat is better.


Ive never heard of it,where do you get it from?

post #1388 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathie View Post


Ive never heard of it,where do you get it from?

DHC.

post #1389 of 2328

Just got my box ahead of schedule! I didn't peak at my box one bit this month, I'm finding that easier and easier to do. I got box 2 and I really cannot complain. The MCMC perfume may have just beaten out the BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline for favorite fragrance received in a bb. I keep smelling my wrist and it is amazing. Also, I'm impressed that they are putting accident prone liquid products in a baggie now. You could tell if mine hadn't been in there, it may have leaked over my products. Super happy this month, I only wish the perfume wasn't so darn expensive or I'd buy it straight away. :D

post #1390 of 2328

well birchbox isn't budging on doing anything sending my box to a different address this month. i'm guessing the reason they can't do anything about it is because it's probably been sitting on a truck somewhere waiting to be shipped since the tracking showed up on my account last week but it hasn't actually shipped yet.

post #1391 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post

I just called about my account still showing my October box and the lady said its just because it hasn't shipped.. Once it is ready to be shipped it will update and that should be by the end of the week.
I suppose at this point I can go through the BB list and see what boxes have already been showing up here/look at dupes and figure out what possibilities are left lol
Also, they are shipping out a new (full size) Mary Lou Manizer since mine arrived with the powder totally broken.

I'm doing the same thing as my account is also still showing the October box! :)

post #1392 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

well birchbox isn't budging on doing anything sending my box to a different address this month. i'm guessing the reason they can't do anything about it is because it's probably been sitting on a truck somewhere waiting to be shipped since the tracking showed up on my account last week but it hasn't actually shipped yet.

 

oh that sucks. at least you tried frown.gif. make sure that you have the right address just in case you go home after exams or for the winter break if you're getting a december box.

post #1393 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonittude View Post

Some people have the worst manners. I think the US is sort of a covert class society, and the prejudices go both ways, although for many of us, we have been on both sides at different times. Although, I was young when I was truly broke, and it felt hopeless at the time, but looking back, it was totally the norm. What is sad, is that I get way better service when I have my nicest purse on my arm, compared to when I carry something not designer. Of course, in this economy, there are more people on edge about money issues. I'm sort of rambling, because I haven't had my coffee yet.

 

I'm jealous of your pretty purses, but good for you! I don't think it's so bad to be jealous, just bad to be negative and mean. Jealousy is human.


im sorry if i sounded like i was being mean, it was late... and im not trying to be mean!!!!!

just jealous that i cant afford anything nice

 

ive always been lower class but yet i am not poor enough to get any kind of goverment help whether it be food stamps or disounted housing or a good amout of money for college to improve my current situation

 

people that make less money than me actually make more through goverment help!!!

 

and not that i think that i need it either i dont take handouts... its my pitiful situation so i should get myself out of it.... but im so comfortable in it that i dont take risks to be out of it!!

 

i know i can make more than $9.80 an hour as an assistant manager of a retail store but i feel like if i leave i wont have that security of where i am now

 

we just recently opened an ulta in my town i was going to apply but didnt because of my fears and im glad i didint its not as busy as they hoped and already let go of people!!!

 

 

 

 

 

i  love all people, rich poor, white yellow, black green, buddhists, satanists, catholics etc...and give them the same respect they give me

unless you are a drag queen.... then i get all psycho obsessed with you because i wish i could be a drag queen oldlad.gif

post #1394 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

 

oh that sucks. at least you tried frown.gif. make sure that you have the right address just in case you go home after exams or for the winter break if you're getting a december box.

that's exactly what i'm going to do for december. i figure it's a better call because even the months that we didn't have the hurricane going on i have been getting my boxes later than i had been previously so i'd rather not deal with the headache when i know i'm going back to my parents' house. at least i'm getting my glam bag today!

post #1395 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSlainte View Post

I work at a public school, and sadly didn't have Verteran's Day off. I think that's a shame. We should be teaching students to have respect for our veterans and our country and we cannot even observe a holiday in their honor? In the past, I have even had to work on Memorial Day. In a public school. In the 4th largest city in the US.


Oh, that's weird.  I guess every school district in different states do make their own decisions.  That is sad your school didn't have off.  I am in Philadelphia PA and my mom works for a public school so that's how I know they had off here.

post #1396 of 2328

My box has been ~sorted by my post office so it should hopefully be in my mailbox by the time I get home! I'm excited, my box this month is definitely way better than the one I got last month.

 

Plus it's chilly out so the soyjoy bar, which I'm actually happy to try, won't be a warm, mushy mess.

post #1397 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkdior713 View Post


Yea, a lot of people don't get off for holidays like Veterans.  I work for a non-profit and we don't get a lot of those holidays off (though we do get off Martin Luther King Jr day), but we do get off other days some people don't.  It's funny, my one friend always asks me when a holiday like this comes up (this one and she did on Columbus Day too) if I have off.  And I'm always like, "Why would I have off>"  She says, "It's a holiday".  I'm like "It's not that kinda holiday, just schools and government businesses have off.".  She doesn't work right now which I guess is why she doesn't know most people don't have off. 

 

If I were queen of the world (God help us all, haha) every job would have a once-a-month (or at least once-every-other-month) holiday not affiliated with the federal holidays or whatever, so that employees can get necessary things done that they may not be able to do because they are working during standard business hours. They could go to routine dr/dentist/eye appointments, renew driver's licenses, etc., or just deep-clean their home or even sleep all day... I think it would be great for everyone's health to have a once-a-month "catch up" day.

post #1398 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice blue View Post

I now have 2 bags stocked--my regular purse and a tote. The purse holds part of my emergency supplies, like deodorant, makeup kit, hair brush, face wipes, tampons, lotions, pill box. The tote holds things like a toiletry kit with body wash/shampoo, hair spray, more tampons and pads, socks, crossword puzzle books, a few packs of coffee and cream and tea and sugar. Emergency situations will come up, eventually, it is only a matter of time! If you've ever slept in a hospital's waiting room--you'll know what I mean. I'm absolutely paranoid about being unprepared, after being caught unprepared. icon_sad.gif


Where do you keep the tote? Do you carry it around with you or leave it in your car or something?

post #1399 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

 

If I were queen of the world (God help us all, haha) every job would have a once-a-month (or at least once-every-other-month) holiday not affiliated with the federal holidays or whatever, so that employees can get necessary things done that they may not be able to do because they are working during standard business hours. They could go to routine dr/dentist/eye appointments, renew driver's licenses, etc., or just deep-clean their home or even sleep all day... I think it would be great for everyone's health to have a once-a-month "catch up" day.


I'll vote for you :)

post #1400 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

 

If I were queen of the world (God help us all, haha) every job would have a once-a-month (or at least once-every-other-month) holiday not affiliated with the federal holidays or whatever, so that employees can get necessary things done that they may not be able to do because they are working during standard business hours. They could go to routine dr/dentist/eye appointments, renew driver's licenses, etc., or just deep-clean their home or even sleep all day... I think it would be great for everyone's health to have a once-a-month "catch up" day.


Those days would fill up fast and get booked far in advance. Then you have to think -- woudln't professionals like doctors or dentists complain too? That they don't get a day off but other people do.

 

The US has a lot of privilege in the fact that so many of the stores are already open really late and have long hours. When I was in Switzerland everything just shut down after 6pm. You had to go home. Nothing else you could do ):

post #1401 of 2328

Got my box today,  thrilled with what I got!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

DSCI2754.JPG

post #1402 of 2328

Anyone else not gotten shipping for their box yet? Nothing new shows up in my account, either... Not sure if I should contact them, or if others are having the same issue as a result of being slowed down by the storms.
 

post #1403 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonjoy810 View Post

Anyone else not gotten shipping for their box yet? Nothing new shows up in my account, either... Not sure if I should contact them, or if others are having the same issue as a result of being slowed down by the storms.
 

 

I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet either but I can see my November box on my account. Just waiting for it to ship...

post #1404 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelalh View Post

just jealous that i cant afford anything nice

 

ive always been lower class but yet i am not poor enough to get any kind of goverment help whether it be food stamps or disounted housing or a good amout of money for college to improve my current situation

i should get myself out of it.... but im so comfortable in it that i dont take risks to be out of it!!

 

i know i can make more than $9.80 an hour as an assistant manager of a retail store but i feel like if i leave i wont have that security of where i am now

 

i  love all people, rich poor, white yellow, black green, buddhists, satanists, catholics etc...and give them the same respect they give me

unless you are a drag queen.... then i get all psycho obsessed with you because i wish i could be a drag queen oldlad.gif

 

Girl, you can do it. It is definitely scary, but you can do it.

post #1405 of 2328
Quote:
Anyone else not gotten shipping for their box yet? Nothing new shows up in my account, either... Not sure if I should contact them, or if others are having the same issue as a result of being slowed down by the storms.
 

I got my first box last week but the second one hasn't had updated shipping for a week now so don't worry about it. This seems to happen every month now. The fact that they ship at different times means they aren't identical so I'm happy. (Though I'd love to get ngardner8503's box, I'm not peeking for once) 

post #1406 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkdior713 View Post


I'll vote for you :)

Haha thanks!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post


Those days would fill up fast and get booked far in advance. Then you have to think -- woudln't professionals like doctors or dentists complain too? That they don't get a day off but other people do.

 

The US has a lot of privilege in the fact that so many of the stores are already open really late and have long hours. When I was in Switzerland everything just shut down after 6pm. You had to go home. Nothing else you could do ):


No, I mean the days would be vary based on the employer, so not everyone would have the same day off ever, other than the usual bank holidays some of us already get. Doctors and dentists would have the same opportunity.

 

It's true, I've been in other countries where everything stops at 4 or 5pm as well, and I agree the US, especially the big cities, is all about instant gratification.

post #1407 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngardner8503 View Post

Got my box today,  thrilled with what I got!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

DSCI2754.JPG

Same as me! I loved everything but the perfume :)

post #1408 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

If I were queen of the world (God help us all, haha) every job would have a once-a-month (or at least once-every-other-month) holiday not affiliated with the federal holidays or whatever, so that employees can get necessary things done that they may not be able to do because they are working during standard business hours. They could go to routine dr/dentist/eye appointments, renew driver's licenses, etc., or just deep-clean their home or even sleep all day... I think it would be great for everyone's health to have a once-a-month "catch up" day.

You got my vote!
post #1409 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post


Where do you keep the tote? Do you carry it around with you or leave it in your car or something?

I keep it hanging on the back of my bedroom door so that it is handy if I need it. Most everything fits in my purse (except for a baby blanket and a scarf), so I could use just one bag, but if I lost my purse everything would be gone. I'd keep it in the car, but I'm afraid things would freeze and ruin, or overheat and ruin. 

post #1410 of 2328

I still don't regret unsubbing from BB, but I really should make an oh-shit kit (dig the name)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012