or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012 - Page 53

post #1561 of 2328

Got my box yesterday, #13.  I'm happy, no complaints!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Annick Goutal Petite Chérie
Masqueology Advanced 7D Solution (Syringe)
Masqueology Masque Cleanse
Masqueology Serum Actif
Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray
stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer try-me-set

 

My lifestyle sample was actually the 2 foil packets and they came in a regiftable container, which was kind of a nifty idea. 

post #1562 of 2328

I'm starting to get twitchy with no page update.  I have a week to use my anniversary code which kind of annoys me just because I probably won't have my box to try products/make sure I don't end up buying duplicates.

 

So I just got an email from Sephora about new sample packs and I noticed another 'pill' sample of a Perfeckt product...for a foundation gel.  At least with lips you could probably get a full application, I really hope we don't see it in our BB a few months down the road.

post #1563 of 2328

 try calling customer service. they let me know what i was getting in my box this month. 

post #1564 of 2328

I'm getting box 9! BB finally emailed me back and changed my box. They said it wasn't changed because they don't want to spoil the surprise before it ships (Loren said it should ship by Friday). I'm excited about this box!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

  1. John Varvatos Artisan
  2. Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
  3. ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara
  4. Mox Botanicals Lip Butter
  5. One Love Organics® Aromatic Body Serum

 

post #1565 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1175 View Post


I got the Neroli scent (blossom of the bitter orange tree). I am so thrilled b/c I LOVE citrus scents. I was worried I'd get the lavender - which I am not a huge fan of. I feel like BB hit it out of the park with my box this month between the One Love Neroli and the MCMC Phoenix scent (which also contains neroli).

I got the One Love Organics in Neroli as well...it's pretty amazing! And no leaking! I'm a big fan of anything orange scented, so it's the one I was hoping for. I wouldn't have minded the lavender at all, though. The Phoenix scent to me is very very gardenia, which I just don't like at all. But I'm so happy with the OLO and Stila, that my box is a giant hit for me. 


Edited by TXSlainte - 11/14/12 at 4:23pm
post #1566 of 2328

After two emails and a phone call I got a *sorta* resolution with my whole missing mascara fiasco.

 

I was told they didn't have any replacements of that sample so she just gave me 100 points instead. I don't understand the whole not having a replacement because they sell the mascara in their shop?!

 

I was really looking forward to the mascara, and you can see by my box weight (.38) that something was missing. While the 100 points covers the price of my box it doesnt equal the $24.00 mascara that I missed out on because they screwed up.  I'm usually always happy with my Birchboxes even when they are a dud and I spend money in the shop regularly, so needless to say I feel pretty upset.

post #1567 of 2328

My main BB still hasn't updated. It still shows October's box w/no shipping info. :-( 

 

I did however add an account last month and I received that box today. I got Box 3.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

Overall I'm pretty happy. Looking forward to trying the skin transformer. I actually have the Oscar Blandi spray in full size from the Allure Beauty Box and I love it. Not sure about the pink color of the Stila luminizer. I have medium/olive skintone so I don't know how it will look on me.

post #1568 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

My main BB still hasn't updated. It still shows October's box w/no shipping info. :-( 

 

I did however add an account last month and I received that box today. I got Box 3.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

Overall I'm pretty happy. Looking forward to trying the skin transformer. I actually have the Oscar Blandi spray in full size from the Allure Beauty Box and I love it. Not sure about the pink color of the Stila luminizer. I have medium/olive skintone so I don't know how it will look on me.

Great box - this is what I am getting.  How is the perfume?

post #1569 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post

Great box - this is what I am getting.  How is the perfume?

the perfume is a little strong for my taste but it's very rare that I like any perfume. Unfortunately most of them give me a headache.

post #1570 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

the perfume is a little strong for my taste but it's very rare that I like any perfume. Unfortunately most of them give me a headache.

Which perfume is it?

post #1571 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Which perfume is it?

It's the Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme.

post #1572 of 2328

That's an awesome box! I'm jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

My main BB still hasn't updated. It still shows October's box w/no shipping info. :-( 

 

I did however add an account last month and I received that box today. I got Box 3.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

Overall I'm pretty happy. Looking forward to trying the skin transformer. I actually have the Oscar Blandi spray in full size from the Allure Beauty Box and I love it. Not sure about the pink color of the Stila luminizer. I have medium/olive skintone so I don't know how it will look on me.

post #1573 of 2328

1000

I got my 2nd box today! The mascara and Caldrea are repeats from my 1st box, so I will have to gift the mascara (or keep it because it's awesome) but luckily I got two different scents of the Caldrea than the two I got in my 1st box. I'm so excited to get the rose gold Color Club because I got the blue one (which I also love) when they gave them out last time. I gave the cologne to my boyfriend, but we're both sick and can't smell anything at the moment so I'm not sure how that is lol. The hair masque packets are HUGE for me since it doesn't take a lot of product to cover my hair, but there are no instructions so I'll have to check the website.

post #1574 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

It's the Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme.

post #1575 of 2328

Got my box today. (3 days earlier than projected)

 

Box 7: (Click to show)

1000

My Stila is pink shimmer. Looks pretty with my skin color!

Needed new mascara, so yay! sheep.gif

Curly hair product for chick with curly hair? Um, yes please.

Going to gift the Jouer perfume as it is not my type, but I know my mom will love it as a stocking stuffer.

 

 

post #1576 of 2328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

I received two of box 4...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Caldrea Hand Soap in Sea Salt Neroli and Vanilla Quince Santal - Not sure of value, $1 for both?

John Varvatos Artisan Cologne Vial - $1.24

ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Showgirl Red - $18 (says $16 on card in the box, $18 in the BB shop)

One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum in Rose - $3.47

Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Spray - $7.34

 

Estimated Box Value = $31.05

 

 

Caldrea Hand Soap in Sea Salt Neroli and Vanilla Quince Santal - Not sure of value, $1 for both?

John Varvatos Artisan Cologne Vial - $1.24

ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Showgirl Red - $18 (says $16 on card in the box, $18 in the BB shop)

One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum in Neroli - $3.47

Oscar Blandi Texture & Volume Spray - $7.34

 

Estimated Box Value = $31.05

 

 

My total value comes to $62.10 

 

So jealous you got  rose and neroli! those were the two I wanted and as luck would have it, I got one in lavender and one in chamomile...

post #1577 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by astokes View Post

Got my box today. (3 days earlier than projected)

 

Box 7: (Click to show)

1000

My Stila is pink shimmer. Looks pretty with my skin color!

Needed new mascara, so yay! sheep.gif

Curly hair product for chick with curly hair? Um, yes please.

Going to gift the Jouer perfume as it is not my type, but I know my mom will love it as a stocking stuffer.

 

 

i got that purple and white thing in my curlbox in september or october.

post #1578 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

So jealous you got  rose and neroli! those were the two I wanted and as luck would have it, I got one in lavender and one in chamomile...

I like the Neroli but will be trading the Rose....something about rose scents smelling like Body Odor to me sick.gif

post #1579 of 2328

I gave in and tried the mascara today even though I have 2 or 3 opened tubes already and WOW. I have short lashes and it added a crazy amount of length to them! They were actually brushing up against my glasses and didn't clump at all. It was only a little strange to me because I have thick lashes and the mascara made them look wispy and thin, but it still looked natural.

post #1580 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by norther View Post

I gave in and tried the mascara today even though I have 2 or 3 opened tubes already and WOW. I have short lashes and it added a crazy amount of length to them! They were actually brushing up against my glasses and didn't clump at all. It was only a little strange to me because I have thick lashes and the mascara made them look wispy and thin, but it still looked natural.

I know, right!? I love it so much. I actually got 2 of them. I have an extra to trade if anyone's interested :)

post #1581 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda5139 View Post

After two emails and a phone call I got a *sorta* resolution with my whole missing mascara fiasco.

 

I was told they didn't have any replacements of that sample so she just gave me 100 points instead. I don't understand the whole not having a replacement because they sell the mascara in their shop?!

 

I was really looking forward to the mascara, and you can see by my box weight (.38) that something was missing. While the 100 points covers the price of my box it doesnt equal the $24.00 mascara that I missed out on because they screwed up.  I'm usually always happy with my Birchboxes even when they are a dud and I spend money in the shop regularly, so needless to say I feel pretty upset.

Yep, that's what they said about my cupcake and I was like ??? but you're selling the cupcake. At least the cupcake is only $10.50 and so the $10 sort of recoups it, and you can other things you want.

 

): I'm sorry about your mascara.

post #1582 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

I know, right!? I love it so much. I actually got 2 of them. I have an extra to trade if anyone's interested :)

I would love to trade! I am getting Box 3 if you're interested in any of items. I already have the Miracle Skin Transformer reserved for another trade.

post #1583 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

My main BB still hasn't updated. It still shows October's box w/no shipping info. :-( 

 

I did however add an account last month and I received that box today. I got Box 3.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

Overall I'm pretty happy. Looking forward to trying the skin transformer. I actually have the Oscar Blandi spray in full size from the Allure Beauty Box and I love it. Not sure about the pink color of the Stila luminizer. I have medium/olive skintone so I don't know how it will look on me.


How big is the Skin Transformer?

post #1584 of 2328

To those of you who have tried the Jouer moisturizing gloss and the Naked princess gloss which would you recommend? :) I can't decide which one to get!

post #1585 of 2328
You won't get it by Friday if you order it from BB but they have that size at Ulta.
post #1586 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

1000

I got my 2nd box today! The mascara and Caldrea are repeats from my 1st box, so I will have to gift the mascara (or keep it because it's awesome) but luckily I got two different scents of the Caldrea than the two I got in my 1st box. I'm so excited to get the rose gold Color Club because I got the blue one (which I also love) when they gave them out last time. I gave the cologne to my boyfriend, but we're both sick and can't smell anything at the moment so I'm not sure how that is lol. The hair masque packets are HUGE for me since it doesn't take a lot of product to cover my hair, but there are no instructions so I'll have to check the website.

 I got the rose gold polish the last time. It is really, really pretty on, and very durable.  I wore it for close to a week with no chips.  I work in healthcare so I wash my hands about 30 times a day, and polish never lasts that long on me.  I finally changed my polish just because I was getting tired of looking at it!

post #1587 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoelyse View Post

To those of you who have tried the Jouer moisturizing gloss and the Naked princess gloss which would you recommend? :) I can't decide which one to get!

 

I think they're both great. Neither one is sticky, but I would say that the Jouer is more pigmented and I like the packaging better.
post #1588 of 2328

I have 2 Birchbox subs and neither one has updated yet.  I called yesterday and was told by the end of the week, and the women I spoke to didn't want to "spoil my surprise" and tell me whats in the box!   I just want my boxes to update. 

post #1589 of 2328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoelyse View Post

To those of you who have tried the Jouer moisturizing gloss and the Naked princess gloss which would you recommend? :) I can't decide which one to get!

I liked the naked princess better. I liked the scent and the flavor and feeling better

post #1590 of 2328

if anyone has an OLO sample they'd be willing to trade let me know :)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012