or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012 - Page 54

post #1591 of 2328

can anyone tell me how you know what # your box is? thanks :) xoxo

post #1592 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndsey Marie View Post

can anyone tell me how you know what # your box is? thanks :) xoxo

Go to your box tab on BB, scroll down to your monthly history and right click and copy the image link of the box thumbnail for November. The end of the link will be something like "BB5_203x112_10.jpg" and the BB# is your box number. (For example, my box for that link ending was Box #5)

 

Alternatively, you can check the list that zadi made here in this thread and match it up with your box:

http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/130470/spoilers-birchbox-the-november-2012-boxes

post #1593 of 2328

I got Box 9 and am disappointed. First off - men's cologne - really? I got men's cologne once before and wasn't thrilled. I do not wear men's cologne and my husband is allergic. I'd rather have one of those bars BB is so fond of. Instead of the lifestyle extra,  maybe BB could have made a donation to the Red Cross or other organization to help the people affected by Hurricane Sandy. That would make sense since this month's theme was giving. The body serum/oil must have spilled in the package because there was oil all over the bottle. I got the lavender scent. It is not a true lavender but a mix of something else I can't quite place. The consistency of the serum is too thick for me. The cover of the lip balm was off when I opened my box so I am hesitant to use it not knowing if it came off in transit or was open before it got into the box. (Sigh). It's nice that the mascara was full size. I'll try it but I usually only use Lancome mascara. I'm not a big fan of dry shampoo (it doesn't make my hair feel clean - it doesn't do anything for my hair) and already have two full cans so I probably won't use it. I'm starting to think that BB isn't worth it anymore. I'll give them one more month and if I'm not happy with December's box I'm using my points up and canceling.

post #1594 of 2328

I wish they would spoil the surprise for me, they basically told me to wait and let it update on its own when I emailed them this morning. I think I'm going to not check and let myself be totally surprised this month. And it is only the 14th...

post #1595 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdiamonds View Post

I got Box 9 and am disappointed. First off - men's cologne - really? I got men's cologne once before and wasn't thrilled. I do not wear men's cologne and my husband is allergic. I'd rather have one of those bars BB is so fond of. Instead of the lifestyle extra,  maybe BB could have made a donation to the Red Cross or other organization to help the people affected by Hurricane Sandy. That would make sense since this month's theme was giving. The body serum/oil must have spilled in the package because there was oil all over the bottle. I got the lavender scent. It is not a true lavender but a mix of something else I can't quite place. The consistency of the serum is too thick for me. The cover of the lip balm was off when I opened my box so I am hesitant to use it not knowing if it came off in transit or was open before it got into the box. (Sigh). It's nice that the mascara was full size. I'll try it but I usually only use Lancome mascara. I'm not a big fan of dry shampoo (it doesn't make my hair feel clean - it doesn't do anything for my hair) and already have two full cans so I probably won't use it. I'm starting to think that BB isn't worth it anymore. I'll give them one more month and if I'm not happy with December's box I'm using my points up and canceling.

I feel you on the men's cologne thing. They didn't learn in June and it's funny how everytime they put a men's cologne in our boxes it's by John Varvatos.  

 

They did donate boxes to Sandy victims on Staten Island.  I saw pics of some of the staff going over there.

 

I feel the same way about dry shampoo but I actually want this in my box.  I got a liquid dry shampoo in my curlbox and i couldn't stand the smell of it (lavender).  

 

I hope that I get the mascara with BB b/c I got the crappy brow gel in ipsy instead of the Benefit mascara.

post #1596 of 2328

With everyone who already got their boxes and seeing all the great things (I will probably never get anything as good as a full size mascara!) I have a feeling I'm going to get a box full of foil packets. Maybe that's why they don't want to 'spoil the surprise'  icon_rolleyes.gif

post #1597 of 2328

Did anyone here get the Etoile polish / aka box 10? I'm insanely curious about it... It's a little beyond the price range of what I'd want to pay to try a new brand of polish so I'm curious what other people think.

post #1598 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin1387 View Post

if anyone has an OLO sample they'd be willing to trade let me know :)

I'm trading my OLO in Rose, you can send me your trade list if you have one :)

post #1599 of 2328

I called back and was told that my box (number 6) will ship out tomorrow.

post #1600 of 2328

Totally jealous of you OLO getters! Two boxes... and none for me. If anyone is looking for mascara, or vanish, I will be getting two of each! 

post #1601 of 2328

My BB is 40 miles away...across the bridge....projected delivery date: November 19th.  

post #1602 of 2328

oh, i am so relieved (but sad for you all as well) that i am not the only one getting HIGHLY disappointing boxes. the last two months have been awful! i received box #2, ugh! it was not as bad as last month-october-i received the october #3 box, oh it was tragic. i have been a bb subscriber for over two years and something is going very wrong, either they can't keep up anymore with all the competition or  whomever is in charge of sorting products for boxes is SUCKING at it. i tried to complain last month, and while i definitely got responses, they were not helpful or satisfying. is anyone familiar with 'glossy box'? would it be wise to cancel bb and start the glossy box? i've just been a member for so long...

post #1603 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by alissar View Post

oh, i am so relieved (but sad for you all as well) that i am not the only one getting HIGHLY disappointing boxes. the last two months have been awful! i received box #2, ugh! it was not as bad as last month-october-i received the october #3 box, oh it was tragic. i have been a bb subscriber for over two years and something is going very wrong, either they can't keep up anymore with all the competition or  whomever is in charge of sorting products for boxes is SUCKING at it. i tried to complain last month, and while i definitely got responses, they were not helpful or satisfying. is anyone familiar with 'glossy box'? would it be wise to cancel bb and start the glossy box? i've just been a member for so long...

I am really disappointed in box number 2 as well. Last month I got all the crap, this time I got all the crap but it makes it worse because everyone else seems to be getting a full sized mascara PLUS other exciting large items in the same box. wth? 

post #1604 of 2328

I received Box #13 and I am very happy!!


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

post #1605 of 2328

I'm really wanting to try the OLO body serum in Neroli or Camomile if anyone is interested trading.  I know quite a lot of people are wanting to trade for these. 

post #1606 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferV View Post

I received Box #13 and I am very happy!!


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

see, this is so not fair! i had 3 foil packets, an mcmc perfume sample and the neroli body serum-which by the way had spilled out into its ziploc bag!

post #1607 of 2328

curious, maybe we are all on different box number lists. example Box#1-5 Alissa R. Box# 5-10 Jessica, and so forth?

post #1608 of 2328

I know this was in last month's boxes, but did anyone else have a skin reaction to the Karuna Hydrating Treatment mask? I put it on tonight and my skin started burning a few minutes in. Did this happen to anyone else?

post #1609 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeterson View Post

I know this was in last month's boxes, but did anyone else have a skin reaction to the Karuna Hydrating Treatment mask? I put it on tonight and my skin started burning a few minutes in. Did this happen to anyone else?

I haven't tried mine yet, but thanks for letting me know. I have super sensitive skin and u g h maybe I'll be putting it up for trade instead.

post #1610 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I haven't tried mine yet, but thanks for letting me know. I have super sensitive skin and u g h maybe I'll be putting it up for trade instead.

Yeah, it started burning, then I took it off and my skin was red. :/ My skin isn't normally sensitive, so I don't know what's up.

post #1611 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

I liked the naked princess better. I liked the scent and the flavor and feeling better

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 View Post

 

I think they're both great. Neither one is sticky, but I would say that the Jouer is more pigmented and I like the packaging better.

 

Thanks for your input ladies!! Ahh one vote for each I still don't know lol.

 

So I just tried to place an order and it won't make the plus two pack free, has anyone else had this issue/ know how to solve it and make it free?

 

Edited:

 

Oh no, can you not use your anniversary code AND get a +2 pack??

post #1612 of 2328

I'm getting the mascara in my box, but can't decide if I want to keep it. I have long lashes already so my only concern is length. I'm seeing that this mascara REALLY works and my lashes already touch my glasses, so I'm thinking of trading it.

post #1613 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda5139 View Post

After two emails and a phone call I got a *sorta* resolution with my whole missing mascara fiasco.

 

I was told they didn't have any replacements of that sample so she just gave me 100 points instead. I don't understand the whole not having a replacement because they sell the mascara in their shop?!

 

I was really looking forward to the mascara, and you can see by my box weight (.38) that something was missing. While the 100 points covers the price of my box it doesnt equal the $24.00 mascara that I missed out on because they screwed up.  I'm usually always happy with my Birchboxes even when they are a dud and I spend money in the shop regularly, so needless to say I feel pretty upset.


hmmm, that doesn't really seem like fair compensation.  I wonder if it would be effective to call again and explain that you are not satisfied with the original offer of 100 pts.  Did you let customer service know about the box weight? Seems to me that it would be more fair to receive 200pts but....maybe BB doesn't feel the same way.....I wonder if you are able to escalate the concern to a supervisor or something?

post #1614 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoelyse View Post

 

 

 

Thanks for your input ladies!! Ahh one vote for each I still don't know lol.

 

So I just tried to place an order and it won't make the plus two pack free, has anyone else had this issue/ know how to solve it and make it free?

 

Edited:

 

Oh no, can you not use your anniversary code AND get a +2 pack??

 

Sadly, you can't use both. I called BB CS about it earlier just to make sure and they said that you can only use one offer per order. The plus two pack counts as an offer.

post #1615 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoelyse View Post

To those of you who have tried the Jouer moisturizing gloss and the Naked princess gloss which would you recommend? :) I can't decide which one to get!

 

I have one of each and you'd have to pry them both out of my cold, dead hands!

post #1616 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdiamonds View Post

The cover of the lip balm was off when I opened my box so I am hesitant to use it not knowing if it came off in transit or was open before it got into the box. (Sigh). 

 

Email them!  I received this last month, and it arrived open as well, and some of the packets kind of dipped into it, so I emailed them (I actually wasn't looking for any compensation since I found an alternative use for it as cuticle butter since I'm not okay using it on my lips, but I *am* okay with using it on my nails.  I just thought they really need to reassess packaging for things like this and the eyeliner pencils that kept showing up uncapped this month), and I got this month's box for free on that account since they didn't have any more.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mks8372 View Post


hmmm, that doesn't really seem like fair compensation.  I wonder if it would be effective to call again and explain that you are not satisfied with the original offer of 100 pts.  Did you let customer service know about the box weight? Seems to me that it would be more fair to receive 200pts but....maybe BB doesn't feel the same way.....I wonder if you are able to escalate the concern to a supervisor or something?

 

But...  The box cost you $10.  They are reimbursing what you paid for the box (100 points = $10), not the value of the contents.  They really should only be reimbursing you for that much.  I think it's actually a really generous policy since they could divide the cost -- $10 -- of the box by however many items are in the box and give you that much in refund/points.  This "the mascara is worth $24, so I should be reimbursed for that much!" stance really rubs me the wrong way.   It seems very Veruca Salt and a surefire way to get them to cut way back on the full-sized products in boxes.

post #1617 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelywhim View Post

 

Sadly, you can't use both. I called BB CS about it earlier just to make sure and they said that you can only use one offer per order. The plus two pack counts as an offer.

Dang! Thanks for sharing, because I was going to wait tomorrow and call too, but instead I just ordered now icon_cheesygrin.gif

post #1618 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleystar View Post

 

I have one of each and you'd have to pry them both out of my cold, dead hands!

LOL! I think I need both then!! I decided not to get either because I couldn't decide, so I got some other goodies instead that I'm super excited about smile.gif Next time I review my box I think I need to get both lip glosses though..what colors do you have?? I can't find many swatches of them on

post #1619 of 2328

thanks lovely!! my url looked different but it said box3! and i matched it with the link and thats right :) haha i was just wondering! thanks!! I'm pretty excited about my box this month, even though its taking forever to get here!

post #1620 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

Email them!  I received this last month, and it arrived open as well, and some of the packets kind of dipped into it, so I emailed them (I actually wasn't looking for any compensation since I found an alternative use for it as cuticle butter since I'm not okay using it on my lips, but I *am* okay with using it on my nails.  I just thought they really need to reassess packaging for things like this and the eyeliner pencils that kept showing up uncapped this month), and I got this month's box for free on that account since they didn't have any more.  

 

 

But...  The box cost you $10.  They are reimbursing what you paid for the box (100 points = $10), not the value of the contents.  They really should only be reimbursing you for that much.  I think it's actually a really generous policy since they could divide the cost -- $10 -- of the box by however many items are in the box and give you that much in refund/points.  This "the mascara is worth $24, so I should be reimbursed for that much!" stance really rubs me the wrong way.   It seems very Veruca Salt and a surefire way to get them to cut way back on the full-sized products in boxes.


I see what you are saying, that the box only cost $10...but I can definitely see why she would be upset.  She has evidence that her box weight was low...and she has a point that they are still selling the mascara but are unwilling to replace it-I think some have said that the samples products and sale products are probably from separate inventories....but it would cost her $24 to replace the mascara in their shop ($14 with the use of the 100 pts that they were willing to provide).  Whether or not BB is willing to do something more, I felt that her frustration was valid...

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012