or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012 - Page 61

post #1801 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

 

I'm crossing my fingers too.  I don't mind the skincare products, but when it consists of 60-80% of my box I'm not a happy camper frown.gif.  I believe that each box should have a hair item, makeup item, skincare item, lifestyle extra, perfume, in it.  Something to balance it all out, you know what I mean?

ya a balance would be nice!! it makes me mad. especially if it's continious bad boxes!! the past 4 or 5 boxes from them I've always had the least desirable ones. There's probably like a few boxes that don't include the mascara and of course i got stuck with it. I am thinking of closing this account and starting a new one because even when i changed my profile i haven't had anything awesome. Like even the welcome boxes are getting awesome things.....

But anyways mine was in town and then I guess USPS shipped it off a few hours away...so the suspense is killing me.

post #1802 of 2328

Anyone suggest any must have products under $30 from the BB shop? I want to use up my points!

post #1803 of 2328

Yeah, I don't know what system BB uses, but this sounds like total BS.  If it shipped, you know what day it shipped.  If it didn't, you stumble over your words and offer no information.  They should have either something that auto-enters tracking information for each customer (how else would it update on the website?  There's no way they don't have something like this.) and/or a ship manifest that details what went out, who it went to, and when.

 

That's what enrages me about BB.  They treat us like we're idiots and can't figure out that they're full of it.  JUST BE HONEST.  I understand if things are running behind, there was a hurricane FFS.  Why do they feel the need to constantly lie to us?  It's sh*t.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs73 View Post

Well, I just called.  I am throwing a side eye at what I was told-

 

A super nice, sweet girl named Crystal "helped" me.  She said at first she couldn't see anything and then "looked at what kind of box (you) have". Ok.  Maybe she meant Men's v Women's but whatever.  "(long pause) Um....(more silence)....uh it looks like your box shipped very, very recently and your tracking number hasn't activated yet."  Now, bear in mind, I told her I've had a tracking number since a week ago Tuesday.   She said I should see my shipping email very, very soon.  Now, maybe its me, but when I worked in customer service back in the late to mid 90's, I could tell people when their check was cut and mailed no problem.  She did not even offer  to give me a date when the box was shipped, just that Hurricane Sandy has messed up shipping which, again, I can totally understand and sympathize with.  

 

Oh!  An email from Birchbox!  Oh, no wait- its just an email from Crystal thanking me for reaching out, hoping she answered all my questions (not really, but that's between us), and that I should see an email from them shortly.  With Thanksgiving next week, I am not expecting the box until December at this point.

 

Sorry to be a crab ass about this.  

post #1804 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise89 View Post

Anyone suggest any must have products under $30 from the BB shop? I want to use up my points!

I love the Debra Lippmann nail polish "Let's Go Crazy"

The Balm mascara

Alima pure lip balms are nice,

Zoya nail polishes

 Eyeko eyeliner are awesome

I like my Jurlique Love balm (nice to have in the purse, and if your skin around your lips and under nose is really really dry - it helped me to heal faster!)

I like my Stila custom color blush

If you are a nail polish person - I thought the Beauty Fixation nail polish touch up was awesome.

post #1805 of 2328

My box appears to be stuck in someplace called "Urbancrest, Ohio." According to tracking, my local post office (in central NY!) "received info" 3 days ago. This is the first time I didn't get my box on the 16th. It always comes on the 16th. Boo.

 

BTW, I went searching for a thumb-twiddling emoticon (which I didn't find) and this site has some wild and twisted emoticons.

 

WTH is this??  ---->  gruebel.gif

 

Seriously? What do *you* think it is?

 

And I am guessing more people would use the "ditto" one if it wasn't spelled "dito."

post #1806 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs73 View Post

Well, I just called.  I am throwing a side eye at what I was told-

 

A super nice, sweet girl named Crystal "helped" me.  She said at first she couldn't see anything and then "looked at what kind of box (you) have". Ok.  Maybe she meant Men's v Women's but whatever.  "(long pause) Um....(more silence)....uh it looks like your box shipped very, very recently and your tracking number hasn't activated yet."  Now, bear in mind, I told her I've had a tracking number since a week ago Tuesday.   She said I should see my shipping email very, very soon.  Now, maybe its me, but when I worked in customer service back in the late to mid 90's, I could tell people when their check was cut and mailed no problem.  She did not even offer  to give me a date when the box was shipped, just that Hurricane Sandy has messed up shipping which, again, I can totally understand and sympathize with.  

 

Oh!  An email from Birchbox!  Oh, no wait- its just an email from Crystal thanking me for reaching out, hoping she answered all my questions (not really, but that's between us), and that I should see an email from them shortly.  With Thanksgiving next week, I am not expecting the box until December at this point.

 

Sorry to be a crab ass about this.  

 

Dear Crystal,

 

Your pants are on fire.

 

xoxo,

 

Birchbox Subscribers Forum

post #1807 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by denise89 View Post

Anyone suggest any must have products under $30 from the BB shop? I want to use up my points!

 

- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner ($15)

- theBalm Stainiac ($17)

- Stila Eye Shadow ($18)

- Yes To Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes ($7.99)

post #1808 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

 

Dear Crystal,

 

Your pants are on fire.

 

xoxo,

 

Birchbox Subscribers Forum

 

LMAO! 

post #1809 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

My box appears to be stuck in someplace called "Urbancrest, Ohio." According to tracking, my local post office (in central NY!) "received info" 3 days ago. This is the first time I didn't get my box on the 16th. It always comes on the 16th. Boo.

 

BTW, I went searching for a thumb-twiddling emoticon (which I didn't find) and this site has some wild and twisted emoticons.

 

WTH is this??  ---->  gruebel.gif

 

Seriously? What do *you* think it is?

 

And I am guessing more people would use the "ditto" one if it wasn't spelled "dito."


Scratching my head?

post #1810 of 2328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

WTH is this??  ---->  gruebel.gif

 

Seriously? What do *you* think it is?

 

And I am guessing more people would use the "ditto" one if it wasn't spelled "dito."

A confused face scratching his head.

post #1811 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

 

Dear Crystal,

 

Your pants are on fire.

 

xoxo,

 

Birchbox Subscribers Forum


I second the earlier "LMAO".  haha

post #1812 of 2328

Never received a shipping email, and the tracking info listed on my account is still blank. I'll chock it up to the hurricane this time, but they've done this in the past without crazy weather to attribute delays. Though, at the very least I usually get the 'your box has shipped!' email at this point. My BB's are always late since I'm on the west coast.

post #1813 of 2328

asskicking.gif  <--- speaking of odd...

post #1814 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

A confused face scratching his head.

Don't you need an arm to scratch your head? I mean the arm is attached to your hand so you can scratch it.

Yeah I'm so bored that I'm analyzing smiley faces on mut lol
post #1815 of 2328

Here's my tracking info as of 12:37 PM Pacific.

 

Weight (lbs.): 0.5710
Projected Delivery Date: Nov 19 2012
 
 
 
 
Date Description Location
Nov 14 2012 Package transferred to dest MI facility Edgewood, NY
Nov 13 2012 Package processed by Mail Innovations Edgewood, NY
Nov 13 2012 Package received for processing Edgewood, NY
post #1816 of 2328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsy17 View Post


My box 3 weight .570

really?

Back to Top
Results for 9102969011966046215371 Help Print
 
PackageID: MI12003bb3347726
Sequence Number: 040901114121967513
Zip Code: 94014
Weight (lbs.): 0.4180
Projected Delivery Date: Nov 19 2012
 
 
 
 
Date Description Location
Nov 14 2012 Package transferred to dest MI facility Edgewood, NY
Nov 13 2012 Package processed by Mail Innovations Edgewood, NY
Nov 13 2012 Package received for processing Edgewood, NY
post #1817 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

WTH is this??  ---->  gruebel.gif

 

Seriously? What do *you* think it is?

 

And I am guessing more people would use the "ditto" one if it wasn't spelled "dito."

A confused face scratching his head.


Thanks! Definitely shouldn't have had that beer at lunchtime bc that was *not* what it looked like to me!

post #1818 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 View Post


It's their lotion with Salicylic Acid in it. It's suppose to help clear up the roughest of bumps and it really does! But I don't want to use it on the rest of my body so I just apply it to the parts with KP - which is just the back of my arms. My KP is a lot worse in the summer so this stuff allowed me to wear tank tops without feeling like the whole world was staring at the back of my arms. I can get away with not using it everyday in the winter though, so I'll usually switch between the SA lotion and whatever body lotion I have on hand.

Salicylic acid is the naturally occurring substance from which aspirin is derived, so if you're worried about safety because of substance, you should be okay! Basically, like aspirin, SA helps reduce inflamation and relieve pain which is why it helps with your skin. I don't know a lot about KP so I'm not going to advise you one way or another (especially since I'm not a doctor), but a lot of facial products also have SA so it's very safe and gentle to use and is supposed to help.

post #1819 of 2328

700

 

 

I can't recommend the model co mascara enough!! My eyelashes are crazy long today. After it dries you can easily build up the fibers more to get your lashes really long. I normally wear 2-3 mascaras at once but all I needed was this one today. If you are thinking about getting it you should.

post #1820 of 2328

Nothing for me as of yet. I'm definitely giving BB a call mouthfight.gif

post #1821 of 2328

I love your lashes! how well does it hold a curl? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoelyse View Post

700

 

 

I can't recommend the model co mascara enough!! My eyelashes are crazy long today. After it dries you can easily build up the fibers more to get your lashes really long. I normally wear 2-3 mascaras at once but all I needed was this one today. If you are thinking about getting it you should.

post #1822 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

I love your lashes! how well does it hold a curl? 

Thank you! So far really really well. I took that pic right after I finished my makeup a few hours ago, and they still look exactly the same. I usually don't think it's worth it to splurge with mascara but I will definitely repurchase this once it's gone smile.gif

post #1823 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 View Post


It's their lotion with Salicylic Acid in it. It's suppose to help clear up the roughest of bumps and it really does! But I don't want to use it on the rest of my body so I just apply it to the parts with KP - which is just the back of my arms. My KP is a lot worse in the summer so this stuff allowed me to wear tank tops without feeling like the whole world was staring at the back of my arms. I can get away with not using it everyday in the winter though, so I'll usually switch between the SA lotion and whatever body lotion I have on hand.

Ahhh, thanks. That makes sense. I think I will pick that up next time and give that a try too.
post #1824 of 2328

Spoke to cust svc.  Holy hell, for once I didn't feel that I was being nothing but lied to.

 

She was actually honest and said they were apparently a little over-ambitious with their projected date of Nov 15 for everything to be out (I could've told them that on Nov 1....) and that the last of the boxes are shipping today and tomorrow, which probably means today, Monday, and Tuesday..... 

 

I sure hope my box # doesn't change between now & then!  Gimmegimmegimme chocolate and lash extension!

post #1825 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post

Spoke to cust svc.  Holy hell, for once I didn't feel that I was being nothing but lied to.

She was actually honest and said they were apparently a little over-ambitious with their projected date of Nov 15 for everything to be out (I could've told them that on Nov 1....) and that the last of the boxes are shipping today and tomorrow, which probably means today, Monday, and Tuesday..... 

I sure hope my box # doesn't change between now & then!  Gimmegimmegimme chocolate and lash extension!

I am hoping that my box # changes. Pretty please Birchbox goddesses lol.
post #1826 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post
...

 

BTW, I went searching for a thumb-twiddling emoticon (which I didn't find) and this site has some wild and twisted emoticons.

 

WTH is this??  ---->  gruebel.gif

 

Seriously? What do *you* think it is?

 

And I am guessing more people would use the "ditto" one if it wasn't spelled "dito."


I seriously thought you were making an ironic joke when you said that, because you were scratching your head about the scratching your head smiley. LMBO

 

My second account box hasn't shipped yet. I was worried for a little while, then I remembered about the hurricane and now I'm chillin. It'll get here when it gets here. :)

post #1827 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Salicylic acid is the naturally occurring substance from which aspirin is derived, so if you're worried about safety because of substance, you should be okay! Basically, like aspirin, SA helps reduce inflamation and relieve pain which is why it helps with your skin. I don't know a lot about KP so I'm not going to advise you one way or another (especially since I'm not a doctor), but a lot of facial products also have SA so it's very safe and gentle to use and is supposed to help.


Oh no I wasn't worried about safety. It's just that the salicylic acid can be a little drying on me so that's why I don't use it on the rest of my body.

post #1828 of 2328

My box picture updated!!! I don't even care that I'm getting the John varvatos sample, cause I'm getting a makeup product!!!! And for once, no food items in my box (I'm getting box 18) I'm a happy subbie now marchmellow.gif

post #1829 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 View Post


Oh no I wasn't worried about safety. It's just that the salicylic acid can be a little drying on me so that's why I don't use it on the rest of my body.


Oh, good point! I don't usually have that problem, but I can see why it might be a concern. It's definitely not as terrible as benzyol peroxide they put in some face washes to treat acne, which I'm allergic to and makes my face peel and swell up /o\ Salicylic acne is more like a surface treatment to reduce swelling for acne rather than an effective treatment, but I'll take what I can get if my whole face isn't swollen. :|

 

Sigh, skin problems.

post #1830 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I was only there for two weeks! I was actually studying in Switzerland, but they couldn't get us student visa so we all had to leave for 2 weeks, and they picked Morocco. In Morocco, we landed in Casablanca, I lived in Rabat during that time, but my group of friends took a weekend trip to Marrakech where my friend got all the black soap lol. I liked Morocco! It's really beautiful, the market is full of cheap goodies and I indulged in my scarf fixation, and most of the people were super nice. I was super uncomfortable with all the guys who kept hitting on me, though; being a foreign female is its own sort of difficulty, which was made even worse by the fact I was the only Asian my study abroad group so when guys yelled things like "Nihao" or "Konichiwa" or "Anyohaseyo" it was really obvious who they were talking too. Also, Marrakech was super super dusty and kicked up my allergies in a way I usually never deal with!

 

What about you?

 

 

I went for a summer, and I was in Rabat most of the time, too. We went for long weekends in Marrakech, Fez, Essaouira, Ifrane, and a few day trips to Casablanca. Our group was really small - 12 people total - and yep, one girl was Vietnamese so everyone would also yell "Konichiwa" at her the whole time, too. She was less than amused.

 

I think for two weeks, I would've had a great time - but yes, all of the unwanted attention (though I wore a small headscarf and skirts as much as possible) gets REALLY old. I have pretty tan/olive skin, so everyone would assume I was Moroccan and get pretty restrictive/ticked when they'd see me trying to do non-Moroccan things, like enter a bar. I had to explain in really crappy French and Moroccan Arabic that my friends were inside. It helped when a friend started to pretend he was my husband.

 

It IS beautiful, though, and a very different culture - a lot of amazing things, and people. I learned a lot and I wouldn't trade the experience for something else, but it was a pretty difficult trip at times.

 

Marrakech was amazing, but yeah - pretty dusty!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012