or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012 - Page 67

post #1981 of 2328

I got my box today it was box number 3, and like 3 of 4 of the samples (not including the lifestyle extra) so it was pretty good overall. One of the better months.

post #1982 of 2328

One thing about the profiles: I'm willing to bet they've already figured out what boxes we are all assigned for December to ensure enough time to sort samples, pack boxes, affix shipping labels, etc.  It you want to change your profile around to alter your box contents, it might take a month or two to kick in.  Just something to keep in mind.

post #1983 of 2328

Hmm. Got my box today and it's alright.

I got the same Bananas and BoBabs sample I got in another box though. I was hoping to at least get a different scent, but no such luck unfortunately.

 

The mascara is really nice though! I am super happy with that. I also like the Volumizing spray. I was just looking into getting one. The perfume sample is also really cute.

The only thing I don't really want is the SoyJoy Bar, but I'll probably take it an another bar I got in another box and leave them in the breakroom at work with a Free note on them.

 

The perfume sample I got smells like baby powder. The little bag it came in is really cute though, and I don't think the perfume smells bad.

I'm weird and like the little samples because I can actually use them up unlike a gigantic bottle of perfume.

I'm slowly getting to the point where unless I REALLY LOVE a product, I prefer to buy the smaller size even if it's a "worse" deal, because it's just a lot easier to actually use it up.

post #1984 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

unless I REALLY LOVE a product, I prefer to buy the smaller size even if it's a "worse" deal, because it's just a lot easier to actually use it up.

 

 

This is me with rollerballs!  I have a truck-ton of rollerballs.  Plus they're cut all standing like soldiers in my pretty basket for rollerballs.  :D

post #1985 of 2328

Would anyone like Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme or Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder?  I just got both today and would like to trade them.  I have curly hair and an aversion to anything remotely rose scented.  

 

I love any rollerballs or roll-on perfume samples and stuff like that (just not rose, please! lol).  

post #1986 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Love View Post

 

 

This is me with rollerballs!  I have a truck-ton of rollerballs.  Plus they're cut all standing like soldiers in my pretty basket for rollerballs.  :D

 

Me too! They're great for sticking in my purse and they last me forever. I wish all perfumes came in rollerball form! If I really, really love a perfume, I will get it in full size. It's fun having a variety of scents in a smaller size though.

post #1987 of 2328

I don't care what anyone -including Birchbox- says. If those profiles are used for anything, it's marketing for their partners and a vague sense of which box goes to whom based some generic indicator. With as few boxes as they produce relative to the number of customers, there is no way on earth the profiles are particularly meaningful to customizing a box. Look at the issues Beauty Army has and think about whether you can seriously expect these companies to fulfill the wishes on your profile.

 

Since they repeat products so much (hello, Twirl, which has been showing up in boxes for over a year), they really need to cut down on the box variations and work on making 5 or 6 versions that are more equal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post


I have "color treated," "dry" AND "curly" selected, and I *still* got hair powder!

post #1988 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidentite View Post

 

This is really interesting to me since I have DRY hair (and its marked in my profile) and they sent it to me :)


hah, birchbox loves sending me opposite of whats in my profile

 

i have dry skin listed... they send blotting sheets

i have light skin listed... they send jouer in golden

i have curly dry frizzy hair listed..... they send the texturizing spray

 

they just dont pay attention all the time

post #1989 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

I don't care what anyone -including Birchbox- says. If those profiles are used for anything, it's marketing for their partners and a vague sense of which box goes to whom based some generic indicator. With as few boxes as they produce relative to the number of customers, there is no way on earth the profiles are particularly meaningful to customizing a box. Look at the issues Beauty Army has and think about whether you can seriously expect these companies to fulfill the wishes on your profile.

 

Since they repeat products so much (hello, Twirl, which has been showing up in boxes for over a year), they really need to cut down on the box variations and work on making 5 or 6 versions that are more equal.

Im with you on this...I dont think BB pays the least bit of attention to profiles,I think they just toss whatever random sampes they have into boxes.I have yet to get anything specific to my profile,Im an older woman and all I get are nail polish colors for young women,eye tattoo liner crap,break out creams..and other nonsense that an 18 year old would love...not someone pushing 50

post #1990 of 2328

BB has always given me things that fit my profile, even after I change it... For example, I had my hair just set to "curly" because it is (though I never wear it natural) and got the Miss Jessie's curl cream (which I hate). I changed it to color-treated when I bleached it and had it ombre and got the Fekkai color care shampoo and conditioner, I changed it to straight and oily and I got the Blandi smoothing shampoo a few months ago and I'm getting the hair powder this month.

post #1991 of 2328

I have not had time to read through all of the posts but have read through some.  I don't see that anyone has commented on receiving the same box that I did.  And when I say "box" I use the term loosely.  I received 3 barely one use foil packets from the same skin care company, a permume sample and a stila luminator.  I am surprised Birchbox was not embarrased to send this out.  I am more than pissed when I see the boxes everyone else has gotten.

post #1992 of 2328

In news that should come as a shock to none of you, my tracking info has still not updated.  I even did the trick where I check the number on the USPS website and nothing.  I'll call around lunch time to see if a) I get a different response than what Crystal gave me and b) if I get someone other than Crystal, I will mention to them that she said it shipped.  

 

And as a side note, I agree that most of the info contained in our profiles is purely for marketing purposes.  While yes, I do receive shampoo and hair product samples that are perfect for my hair, I, as a nearly 40 year old woman, am pretty sure I am not part of the target market for Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck.  

post #1993 of 2328
My tracking still isn't active frown.gif
post #1994 of 2328

This was my first box, overall I'm pretty pleased.  I love to try new mascara and full size was a great deal.  I have oily hair so I'm curious if the hair powder will work for me.  So far the best dry shampoo I've found is at Bath and Body Works...surprisingly.  It's a bit pricey but smells great.  Every time I wear it someone comments on it.  I loved the little lip balm too, it's the perfect size for me to leave in my travel toiletries bag.  

 

The only things I didn't care for was the bar soap (although it smells nice) but from the looks of it, looks like its something you get a hotel.  And plus bar soap...who uses bar soap anymore? It's going in my donation pile for things I take to the women's domestic abuse shelter. Also, I don't eat soy so the soy joy bar when straight to the bag of donation/food bank foods.  

 

Overall, I'm happy so far.  

post #1995 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelywhim View Post

 

Me too! They're great for sticking in my purse and they last me forever. I wish all perfumes came in rollerball form! If I really, really love a perfume, I will get it in full size. It's fun having a variety of scents in a smaller size though.

you can buy rollerballs and put your perfume in it...or you can get small spray bottles like a Travelo.

post #1996 of 2328

Hey Ladies,

 

Normally I post in the trade thread, but it looks like it is closing soon.  Up for trade I have the ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Berry Pink.  It is full size and brand new.  I am looking to trade for some sort of eye makeup product (shadow, primer, eyeliner, etc) that is full size and brand new.

 

PM me if interested.

post #1997 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaM View Post

I have not had time to read through all of the posts but have read through some.  I don't see that anyone has commented on receiving the same box that I did.  And when I say "box" I use the term loosely.  I received 3 barely one use foil packets from the same skin care company, a permume sample and a stila luminator.  I am surprised Birchbox was not embarrased to send this out.  I am more than pissed when I see the boxes everyone else has gotten.

You are not the only one that feels this way! (pissed)  I received the same "box".  I had the same thoughts as you, I was embarrassed for BB.

post #1998 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaM View Post

I have not had time to read through all of the posts but have read through some.  I don't see that anyone has commented on receiving the same box that I did.  And when I say "box" I use the term loosely.  I received 3 barely one use foil packets from the same skin care company, a permume sample and a stila luminator.  I am surprised Birchbox was not embarrased to send this out.  I am more than pissed when I see the boxes everyone else has gotten.

That is the box that I have. Check out the response they gave me for that punishment box earlier. It should be one or two pages back and under a spoiler.
post #1999 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaM View Post

I have not had time to read through all of the posts but have read through some.  I don't see that anyone has commented on receiving the same box that I did.  And when I say "box" I use the term loosely.  I received 3 barely one use foil packets from the same skin care company, a permume sample and a stila luminator.  I am surprised Birchbox was not embarrased to send this out.  I am more than pissed when I see the boxes everyone else has gotten.

I'm supposed to get that box today or tomorrow only also the Kiehls lotion. I'm very disappointed in the foil packets.. even if you are ale to get two uses out of them, thats not a sample where you can decide if you should purchase it or not. If they had included two or three of each foil I would have been much happier. Then at least I could have given it a bit better trial to see how my skin reacts.

Someone said the value of the under eye mask thing is $8 but still.. $8 for that, $6ish for the Stila (cheaper through sephora) and the lotion is only a couple of bucks.
post #2000 of 2328

Ok.  I just called in to Birchbox and spoke with Molly who, unlike Crystal, was able to give me actual information.  Here's what I found out:

  • As far as how they ship, certain box types (box 1, box 2, welcome boxes, and so on) go out at certain times- not sure how they determine when the boxes ship, but what I mean, hypothetically speaking, is that boxes 1-3 go first, followed by 4-6, etc. until all the boxes for the month have shipped. Certain box types did not go out yet and, despite what Crystal told me, mine has not yet shipped.  Pants on fire indeed.  
  • They will be sending a company wide email explaining the difficulties they experienced this month with shipping.  Now, I am not sure if they are sending it to all subscribers or the ones who have yet to have their boxes ship, but they will be sending something out shortly...in fact, Molly said the email would be sent today.  The email will also be informing us how they plan on making it up to those of us who have yet to receive their box.  Molly said that they will be giving us points, but didn't tell me how many. 
  • Since its looking like I won't be getting my box any time soon, since it has yet to ship, I asked Molly will I still be able to provide feedback and earn points?  She said we will definitely be able to do that- if we get our box after the deadline to provide November box feedback, she said we can always email them and provide feedback and they will award us the points anyway.

 

All in all, I feel much better about what is going on.  I mean, if Crystal had simply said the box hadn't shipped yet and they are working on the issue, I would have been fine....instead, I was told the box shipped and everything would be ok.  I'm half tempted to email them, once we get the explanation email, and tell them how I was completely misinformed and they should be sure their customer service reps are providing accurate information.  

post #2001 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post


I'm supposed to get that box today or tomorrow only also the Kiehls lotion. I'm very disappointed in the foil packets.. even if you are ale to get two uses out of them, thats not a sample where you can decide if you should purchase it or not. If they had included two or three of each foil I would have been much happier. Then at least I could have given it a bit better trial to see how my skin reacts.
Someone said the value of the under eye mask thing is $8 but still.. $8 for that, $6ish for the Stila (cheaper through sephora) and the lotion is only a couple of bucks.

The foil packets are at best a one time use. I forgot about the Kielhs lotion and I guess that is bc I am just not impressed with Kiehls at all so it slipped my mind.  The thing that irritates me just as much as the inequitable boxes is the fact that I could not make a determination on whether this skincare line will work for me.  I need to use a product more than once to know.

post #2002 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post


That is the box that I have. Check out the response they gave me for that punishment box earlier. It should be one or two pages back and under a spoiler.

I read the response to you. The bottom line is it was a cheap, shitty box and I cannot imagine anyone who received it being happy with it. I think you actually received one of the more intelligent responses bb sends out as opposed to their normal pat BS that doesn't address your unhappiness.

post #2003 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaM View Post

I read the response to you. The bottom line is it was a cheap, shitty box and I cannot imagine anyone who received it being happy with it. I think you actually received one of the more intelligent responses bb sends out as opposed to their normal pat BS that doesn't address your unhappiness.

 

I got this box too, and while compared to other boxes it is rather shitty, I think all together it's really not *that* bad. The perfume is actually pretty wonderful (my mom loves it and wants to buy a full size). The Khiels cream is a great size and perfect for travel. The Stila highlighter would have probably been the most wanted product out there this month *IF* the mascara and lipgloss were floating around - the price BB pays for putting out lots of full sized samples is that one of them is going to wind up the least desired. The eye mask is worth $8 alone and worth trying (i think I have undereye circles as a concern in my profile, so I cant fault them for this - even if it is one use). And the foil packets are lifestyle extras - yes, I would have loved a chocolate bar (or even a soyjoy) but it is what it is. If I wasn't on here looking at what other people got, i would have been perfectly happy with my moisturizer, perfume, highlighter, and eye mask - it's only in comparison to others that it seems less than stellar. If this is going to be as bad as it ever gets on Birchbox, I really can't complain. 

post #2004 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauravee View Post

 

I bought the chuao sample pack when it first went on sale and have been eating one every night. They are divine. I have two left. I'm very sad for the end of this tradition. 

 

They are addicting!  I received the sampler today and I am trying SO hard to control my urge to open them all up and eat them.  So far i tried a little piece of the bacon one and had most of the fire cracker one.  I have a feeling they will all be gone by friday, im getting my wisdom teeth out friday morning and I don't think I can wait until next week to try them all.

 

The sampler is a really cute gift idea for any chocolate lovers, it comes packaged so nicely.

post #2005 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsealynn View Post

 

They are addicting!  I received the sampler today and I am trying SO hard to control my urge to open them all up and eat them.  So far i tried a little piece of the bacon one and had most of the fire cracker one.  I have a feeling they will all be gone by friday, im getting my wisdom teeth out friday morning and I don't think I can wait until next week to try them all.

 

The sampler is a really cute gift idea for any chocolate lovers, it comes packaged so nicely.

 

It is a perfect gift! The firecracker and maple bacon are my two favorites, so I'm saving those for last :) I really need to find these in stores so I can stock up ! 

post #2006 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaM View Post

I have not had time to read through all of the posts but have read through some.  I don't see that anyone has commented on receiving the same box that I did.  And when I say "box" I use the term loosely.  I received 3 barely one use foil packets from the same skin care company, a permume sample and a stila luminator.  I am surprised Birchbox was not embarrased to send this out.  I am more than pissed when I see the boxes everyone else has gotten.

I got the same box. I actually have two subs and got the full size mascara in the other. I like the Stila illuminator, but the foil packets are pathetic. That one is a cleanser and my face definitely takes more than a "pea size" amount of cleanser to wash with. The fact that there were boxes with BOTH a mascara and luminizer is just totally not fair at all. I try not to complain too much since I only pay $10, but so did the person who got the 3 most wanted items in their box. (mascara, luminizer, OB spray) They should really cut down on the box variations or at least customize it better. I'm sooooooo tired of getting anti-aging CRAP when I have 23 yr old oily, acne prone skin and when I never once mentioned on my profile that I wanted that sort of stuff. It's just frustrating. *rant over*

post #2007 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs73 View Post

Ok.  I just called in to Birchbox and spoke with Molly who, unlike Crystal, was able to give me actual information.  Here's what I found out:

  • As far as how they ship, certain box types (box 1, box 2, welcome boxes, and so on) go out at certain times- not sure how they determine when the boxes ship, but what I mean, hypothetically speaking, is that boxes 1-3 go first, followed by 4-6, etc. until all the boxes for the month have shipped. Certain box types did not go out yet and, despite what Crystal told me, mine has not yet shipped.  Pants on fire indeed.  
  • They will be sending a company wide email explaining the difficulties they experienced this month with shipping.  Now, I am not sure if they are sending it to all subscribers or the ones who have yet to have their boxes ship, but they will be sending something out shortly...in fact, Molly said the email would be sent today.  The email will also be informing us how they plan on making it up to those of us who have yet to receive their box.  Molly said that they will be giving us points, but didn't tell me how many. 
  • Since its looking like I won't be getting my box any time soon, since it has yet to ship, I asked Molly will I still be able to provide feedback and earn points?  She said we will definitely be able to do that- if we get our box after the deadline to provide November box feedback, she said we can always email them and provide feedback and they will award us the points anyway.

 

All in all, I feel much better about what is going on.  I mean, if Crystal had simply said the box hadn't shipped yet and they are working on the issue, I would have been fine....instead, I was told the box shipped and everything would be ok.  I'm half tempted to email them, once we get the explanation email, and tell them how I was completely misinformed and they should be sure their customer service reps are providing accurate information.  

Thanks for providing all this info. I think I'll send them an email to try to light a fire also. I've gotten used to waiting for my second box, but this is getting ridiculous and what with getting a tampered with, lousy Cravebox today, I'm not in the best of moods.

post #2008 of 2328

Tampered with?

post #2009 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaM View Post

I read the response to you. The bottom line is it was a cheap, shitty box and I cannot imagine anyone who received it being happy with it. I think you actually received one of the more intelligent responses bb sends out as opposed to their normal pat BS that doesn't address your unhappiness.

 

Agreed.  I will reply via e-mail to Alexandra using some of the feedback that I see on here and how she was pants on fire because I didn't change my profile until after I saw the crappy box that I was getting.  

post #2010 of 2328

Tis the season to be thankful! lol.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012