or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012

Birchbox November 2012 - Page 14

post #391 of 2328

Must...resist...urge...to get...second...subscription... keule.gif

post #392 of 2328

Really hoping along with a lot of you, that this box will improve my feelings towards Birchbox! I really am hoping for the luminizer from Stila...been wanting to try it but don't want to buy it. smile.gif

post #393 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by diana16 View Post

Thanks for the link!

Nothing really made me excited for the box, but hopefully I get at least one interesting thing.

Same here. sleep.gif

post #394 of 2328

Yes!! So happy they are sampling the Mox lip butter this month again...I wanted that item so badly last month hopefully I get it this time around.

Really hoping for the Mox lip butter or Oscar Blandi hair spray :)

post #395 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovestarbrooke View Post


Me too. So jelly of her bangs. I can not pull them off. At all.


me either, i don't have enough hair! haha

post #396 of 2328

I don't understand what the...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

One Love Organics thing is supposed to be... a serum for the body? How is that different from a moisturizer? Mollie said she used it as a moisturizer, but that implies it has other uses? Did I miss something? Is it simply aromatherapy and nothing more?

 

 

So confused! Please help!

post #397 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

I don't understand what the...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

One Love Organics thing is supposed to be... a serum for the body? How is that different from a moisturizer? Mollie said she used it as a moisturizer, but that implies it has other uses? Did I miss something? Is it simply aromatherapy and nothing more?

 

 

So confused! Please help!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I think that it's basically just a body oil (the specific oil used as the base:  pumpkin seed) with a fancier name, kind of like how a lot of facial/hair serums are just oils.  The aromatherapy seems like just an added bonus.  I use a product that is intended to be a bath oil as a post-shower body moisturizer instead of lotion, and I think this is just something along the same lines.  I'm seriously coveting the neroli version already.  I love orange blossom as a perfume note!

post #398 of 2328

So, I just watched the spoiler video and I'm a little bummed I canceled my sub after last month!  Ah, I hope this doesn't tempt me into re-subbing at some point!

post #399 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post

I don't understand what the...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

One Love Organics thing is supposed to be... a serum for the body? How is that different from a moisturizer? Mollie said she used it as a moisturizer, but that implies it has other uses? Did I miss something? Is it simply aromatherapy and nothing more?

 

 

So confused! Please help!

 

I'd bet money it's also in a foil packet. 

post #400 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post

So.. they're using the pillow packs

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

to send out our samples instead of the regular box? Very Twistband-y!

My Shade of Brown is known for sending their beauty sub in pillow boxes every month smh

 

https://www.myshadeofbrown.com/pillow-box

post #401 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvanz12 View Post

So, I just watched the spoiler video and I'm a little bummed I canceled my sub after last month!  Ah, I hope this doesn't tempt me into re-subbing at some point!

 

I think that if you can add the sub to your cart on their website your box could be shipped on 11/15. I'm still on the fence about resubbing and that's the projected shipping date that is in my cart. 

post #402 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I think that it's basically just a body oil (the specific oil used as the base:  pumpkin seed) with a fancier name, kind of like how a lot of facial/hair serums are just oils.  The aromatherapy seems like just an added bonus.  I use a product that is intended to be a bath oil as a post-shower body moisturizer instead of lotion, and I think this is just something along the same lines.  I'm seriously coveting the neroli version already.  I love orange blossom as a perfume note!


Oh, that makes sense, kind of like one that neutrogena makes. Thank you!

 

i love orange blossom (anything orange, actually), too! :)

post #403 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

I'd bet money it's also in a foil packet. 

I doubt it. OLO has really generously sized samples. Everything I've gotten from them has been at least a weeks worth.
post #404 of 2328

I am still confused as to what a pillow box is

Just a box? But why is it called pillow...

post #405 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylola123 View Post

I am still confused as to what a pillow box is

Just a box? But why is it called pillow...

i think it roughly resembles a pillow?

post #406 of 2328

So this month instead of getting our normal birchbox we will be getting our items inside a pillow box?

post #407 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylola123 View Post

So this month instead of getting our normal birchbox we will be getting our items inside a pillow box?

it looks like the pillow box just replaces the little tissue paper packet we usually get our smaller samples wrapped in. so, like someone else said earlier, we'll have a box in a box in a box.

post #408 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by norther View Post

it looks like the pillow box just replaces the little tissue paper packet we usually get our smaller samples wrapped in. so, like someone else said earlier, we'll have a box in a box in a box.

It's Birchboxception!

 

I think it would be more environmentally friendly if they just sent in in the shipping box instead but... ah well.

post #409 of 2328
Thread Starter 

Im curious. Is the chocolate coming to us in a pack or just one? The video was a bit misleading.

post #410 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Im curious. Is the chocolate coming to us in a pack or just one? The video was a bit misleading.


i was wondering the same thing. i'm excited about the chocolate. :)

 

then again, i'm easy to please. I liked the last luna bar immensely and have been dismayed at my inability to find the soft-baked variety in my local grocery store.

post #411 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Im curious. Is the chocolate coming to us in a pack or just one? The video was a bit misleading.

she made it sound like we get three in the little pack wrapped in plastic.

 

 

they have those bars last year, i didn't get them, but ended up ordering a ton from amazon, they are amazing!! I love the potato chip one, and the size is great for portion control. 

 

looks like they changed the packaging. hopefully still the same chocolate 

post #412 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Im curious. Is the chocolate coming to us in a pack or just one? The video was a bit misleading.

I thought the same thing! Hopefully we get the little packet it would be such a great gift to give someone. Last year I gave the chocolate bar to my mom...I think we might be getting the little packet because of their whole theme. 

post #413 of 2328
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post


i was wondering the same thing. i'm excited about the chocolate. :)

 

then again, i'm easy to please. I liked the last luna bar immensely and have been dismayed at my inability to find the soft-baked variety in my local grocery store.

lol. Its not a big deal if I just get one, but it looked like we might get a few. It was a 7 pack, which makes me think now that we are just getting one. I hope I get the firecracker one!

post #414 of 2328

Hmm... I've never had Chuao Chocolates from Chuao. I've only had the limited edition chocolates that Godiva released through a partnership with Chuao's owner/chocolatier Chef Antonorsi this spring... and it wasn't a huge seller. I know they're really innovative with spices, but it didn't appeal to a wide audience... it was gross. They also had the most innocent names lol

 

Example:

Salted Caramel Spice: Salt, Butter Caramel, and Rosemary <-yuck

Salted Chocolate Crunch: Toasted Panko, Olive Oil Ganache, Sea Salt

Spiced Napa Valley Fondue: Napa Valley Cabernet Caramel, California Raisin Fondue, Cayenne Pepper

 

And there were two more, but I don't remember them. I think the other two were sent to select Godiva's...

 

Anyhoo, long story short. I'm afraid of Chuao Chocolates D:

post #415 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post
...


Oh, thank you! Now, I think maybe I should save my points to use towards an LE box. If I can do that.

 

Edited to add: I somehow quoted the wrong post.

post #416 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

Hmm... I've never had Chuao Chocolates from Chuao. I've only had the limited edition chocolates that Godiva released through a partnership with Chuao's owner/chocolatier Chef Antonorsi this spring... and it wasn't a huge seller. I know they're really innovative with spices, but it didn't appeal to a wide audience... it was gross. They also had the most innocent names lol

 

Example:

Salted Caramel Spice: Salt, Butter Caramel, and Rosemary <-yuck

Salted Chocolate Crunch: Toasted Panko, Olive Oil Ganache, Sea Salt

Spiced Napa Valley Fondue: Napa Valley Cabernet Caramel, California Raisin Fondue, Cayenne Pepper

 

And there were two more, but I don't remember them. I think the other two were sent to select Godiva's...

 

Anyhoo, long story short. I'm afraid of Chuao Chocolates D:


I remember those, and I wanted to try them all! By the time I discovered them, however, the Godiva boutiques were all out! :(

 

My favorite Godiva goodies were the top chef ones last year. yummmm.

post #417 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post


I remember those, and I wanted to try them all! By the time I discovered them, however, the Godiva boutiques were all out! :(

 

My favorite Godiva goodies were the top chef ones last year. yummmm.

You didn't miss out... The Top Chef ones were alright. Right now they have the Fall Delights chocolates and they are SO GOOD!!!

I don't like the Cranberry Acorn though because it's tart but the Honey Maple Leaf is amazing!!! The Walnut Praline is good too.

 

They also released a really limited edition chocolate box collection for the FEED program. And the parfaits are back again with new flavors. The Brown Butter Hazelnut is my new favorite parfait (new this year) because they didn't bring back my favorite from last year (Pear Almond!).

 

Anyhoo, I think this box is a bit boring. I didn't see anything new. They had Mox for last month, and I know it's new but... it's a lip balm and I can't think of it being any different from other lip balms.................... I'm thinking this one will probably suck...... ughhh....

You guys see what I'm doing here??? I'M SETTING MY EXPECTATIONS LOW!!!!! BIRCHBOX I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! waccha.gif

post #418 of 2328

Hmm. Nothing really exciting to me in this box. The Stila might be nice, but I got the Mary-Lou Manizer last month. The lip balm is pretty good, actually, but got that one last month as well. I keep telling myself if I'm not impressed w/ the products, I should just cancel my sub.....but then I keep racking up points and I think to myself, "ok, one more month so you can get to the next hundred!" It's a sickness, I tell ya. doze.gif

post #419 of 2328

I havent received anything that they showed in the video,so I would be happy to get any of those items.As long as its not another freakin tili bag, paper coaster,hair band, or note card . I want beauty products,dammit!! (LOL).And Im gonna save my points for the LE box.

post #420 of 2328
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices View Post


i was wondering the same thing. i'm excited about the chocolate. :)

 

then again, i'm easy to please. I liked the last luna bar immensely and have been dismayed at my inability to find the soft-baked variety in my local grocery store.

Target carries the soft baked ones!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox November 2012