or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012 - Page 15

post #421 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post


It's a slippery slope! LOL I only have two right now but had more. I started to get too many samples! I was drowning in them so a few were canceled until I can use the samples I have now up. Then I'll probably pick up Sample Society. Right now I have Ipsy and GB.

Your right, it is a slippery slope!  I have 2 Birchbox subscriptions, Ipsy and Sample Society.  I like all 4 services, but Birchbox is my favorite.  Birchbox has introduced to me to a few products that I can no longer live without (Orofluido Elixer, Jouer Lip Enhancer, etc.). But, I really enjoy getting Sample Society and Ipsy too!

 

I had MyGlam for the February bag, and then cancelled and rejoined in time for last month.  A few of the products last month just weren't my style.  I kept the mascara and the Couture Color hair oil, and the rest, including the bag went to my neice.  It killed me to part with that bag!  I'm keeping the bag this month.  Even if I only keep 2 or 3 products a month and give the rest away, Ipsy is still worth it to me.  I think its a really fun service.

 

I'm looking forward to trying the Meet Matte shadow.  I have been thinking of purchasing that palette, and now I get to try one of the shadows first.  The lip gloss is a great color for the winter months.  I'm hoping to get the eyebrow gel instead of the mascara, as I have about a years supply of mascara samples, and another one on the way from the It-kit Sephora has their weekly special this week.  I have never used an eyebrow gel, I just use a little hair spray with an eyebrow brush, so this will be good product to try.  I'm not sure if the Starlet Cosmetics product or the nail polish will be for me, but I'm looking forward to trying them. Also, I think the brown bag this month has an elegant look to it.  I was impressed with the quality of the bag from last month.

post #422 of 1043

i resubbed. i havent been subbed to this since march

post #423 of 1043

i might unsub after december D:

post #424 of 1043

I just hope it stays good. Ipsy/MyGlam had an awful couple of months before becoming Ipsy and sort of revamping with that awesome September bag. I don't want it to go downhill again.

post #425 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

I just hope it stays good. Ipsy/MyGlam had an awful couple of months before becoming Ipsy and sort of revamping with that awesome September bag. I don't want it to go downhill again.

I guess they are settling down: most low-end/small brand full/deluxe size item(usually makeup) AND one(at most two) mid-end small size item(usually something that does not cost much, like moisturizer or hair stuff).

Ipsy's strategy is more "balanced" than birchbox.  BB likes to use one or two high-end brands/ large size to boost up box's value and fill the rest of the box with samples of low value. This is risky because the one with most value may not be useful to everyone. 

Just my personal observation and conclusion. 


Edited by fayeX - 11/4/12 at 1:39pm
post #426 of 1043

I've got a bit of news to share with everyone about sneak peek #4 without spoiling it.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

There's been talk of sneak peek #4 being Starlet Cosmetics, I've been told it's NOT Starlet Cosmetics. The item comes from a brand new company that was launched earlier this year in LA. Products are not sold in stores only on their website.

post #427 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayeX View Post

I'm thinking... shall we get Urban Decay and NYX next month? 

Remember the 2012 sneak peek in the invitation email to October's bag? They mentioned TheBalm, UD and NYX and we haven't got the later two yet.

If it's true, it will be a like  a loop: the first glambag also had UD and NYX. 

Really hoping this is true since they're my 2 of my fav brands *fingers crossed*

post #428 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

I just hope it stays good. Ipsy/MyGlam had an awful couple of months before becoming Ipsy and sort of revamping with that awesome September bag. I don't want it to go downhill again.


I think Ipsy/Myglam has been really good since June, The ones before were okay, but they started kicking it up in June with the Josie Maran Lip stain/Buxom Lip gloss. The thing about Ipsy is that I use EVERY item. Same with GB.

post #429 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post


I think Ipsy/Myglam has been really good since June, The ones before were okay, but they started kicking it up in June with the Josie Maran Lip stain/Buxom Lip gloss. The thing about Ipsy is that I use EVERY item. Same with GB.


What is GB?
post #430 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHaleyMichelle View Post


What is GB?


Sorry! Glossybox is the other sub I have.

post #431 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

I've got a bit of news to share with everyone about sneak peek #4 without spoiling it.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

There's been talk of sneak peek #4 being Starlet Cosmetics, I've been told it's NOT Starlet Cosmetics. The item comes from a brand new company that was launched earlier this year in LA. Products are not sold in stores only on their website.

Really? That's weird because the photo they posted has the word "Cosmetics" on the box and it's the exact same font/logo as the Starlet Cosmetics logo, and on the Starlet website it seems that they are from LA. I'm suprised they told you it wasn't Starlet since it seems so similar. Their Facebook site is also very new. Another strange thing I found is that when you hover over their info@starletcosmetics contact email on the Starlet website, it actually turns out to be info@auralinebeauty.com. Maybe like I mentioned before they are trying to re-launch as a higher end line? Did you find out the name of the new company?

post #432 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Really? That's weird because the photo they posted has the word "Cosmetics" on the box and it's the exact same font/logo as the Starlet Cosmetics logo, and on the Starlet website it seems that they are from LA. I'm suprised they told you it wasn't Starlet since it seems so similar. Their Facebook site is also very new. Another strange thing I found is that when you hover over their info@starletcosmetics contact email on the Starlet website, it actually turns out to be info@auralinebeauty.com. Maybe like I mentioned before they are trying to re-launch as a higher end line? Did you find out the name of the new company?

You can be a detective!  

post #433 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayeX View Post

You can be a detective!  

LOL it's just much more interesting than my actual job.

post #434 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

I'm always disappointed when they include nail polish. I bite my nails fiercely, so I have no use for nail polish. It's not the box subscription companies' fault, but it still bums me out to get them instead of something I can use.

 

I have a mild nail biting habit and nail polishes prevent me from biting. I don't want to eat paint haha! It's really great for when I'm stressed about a test. 

post #435 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0jeany0o View Post

 

I have a mild nail biting habit and nail polishes prevent me from biting. I don't want to eat paint haha! It's really great for when I'm stressed about a test.

I recently quit the nail biting habit by getting shellac manicures and it has worked wonderfully, but I still can't use polishes since I get my nails done (and I have naturally oily nails that regular polish just won't stick to). BUT, I am able to use sample polishes on my toes when I don't feel like shelling out for a pedicure.

post #436 of 1043

I subscribed short ago and this should be my first bag :) I'm so excited!

post #437 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Really? That's weird because the photo they posted has the word "Cosmetics" on the box and it's the exact same font/logo as the Starlet Cosmetics logo, and on the Starlet website it seems that they are from LA. I'm suprised they told you it wasn't Starlet since it seems so similar. Their Facebook site is also very new. Another strange thing I found is that when you hover over their info@starletcosmetics contact email on the Starlet website, it actually turns out to be info@auralinebeauty.com. Maybe like I mentioned before they are trying to re-launch as a higher end line? Did you find out the name of the new company?

Auraline is a private label company, meaning they sell unbranded cosmetics to anybody and their mom who can buy it and slap a label on it and market them as "indie cosmetics"

post #438 of 1043

Good for you, it's really hard to stop biting nails. I haven't bitten since before June 29, the day I got my first Julep box and I made it to November already. Without polish my nails are a little splitty but it's been great to have nails for the first time in years so I keep polish on them almost all the time.

post #439 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

Auraline is a private label company, meaning they sell unbranded cosmetics to anybody and their mom who can buy it and slap a label on it and market them as "indie cosmetics"

 Yeah, I gathered that from perusing their website.

post #440 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Really? That's weird because the photo they posted has the word "Cosmetics" on the box and it's the exact same font/logo as the Starlet Cosmetics logo, and on the Starlet website it seems that they are from LA. I'm suprised they told you it wasn't Starlet since it seems so similar. Their Facebook site is also very new. Another strange thing I found is that when you hover over their info@starletcosmetics contact email on the Starlet website, it actually turns out to be info@auralinebeauty.com. Maybe like I mentioned before they are trying to re-launch as a higher end line? Did you find out the name of the new company?

See, I'm one of the ones who hasn't thought it was Starlet from the beginning. if you look at the very edge of the pic, where the box starts, you can see part of a letter before "Cosmetics" and to me if just doesn't look like it could be a "T" since the letter ends at the bottom not the top. Now, I'm no detective, I could be WAY off on this, but I don't think its Starlet. I did find this website, that is from back in 2007 http://starletcosmetics.wordpress.com/2007/10/ but then again, on their website I found an address in LA   

             Dependable Distribution Center

             2555 East Olympic Blvd.
             Los Angeles, CA  90023
             ATTN:  AURA1889

....so.....From what Zadi said it very well could be. Maybe they're sending this out under Auraline or Aura, or maybe I'm just seeing things on the box because of the way the pic was taken....hahha I dunno.

post #441 of 1043

If I need detective work done well, I'm hiring you! You notice details!

post #442 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by spmblueeyez View Post

See, I'm one of the ones who hasn't thought it was Starlet from the beginning. if you look at the very edge of the pic, where the box starts, you can see part of a letter before "Cosmetics" and to me if just doesn't look like it could be a "T" since the letter ends at the bottom not the top. Now, I'm no detective, I could be WAY off on this, but I don't think its Starlet. I did find this website, that is from back in 2007 http://starletcosmetics.wordpress.com/2007/10/ but then again, on their website I found an address in LA   

             Dependable Distribution Center

             2555 East Olympic Blvd.
             Los Angeles, CA  90023
             ATTN:  AURA1889

....so.....From what Zadi said it very well could be. Maybe they're sending this out under Auraline or Aura, or maybe I'm just seeing things on the box because of the way the pic was taken....hahha I dunno.

I don't know. I thought maybe that was a shape like a square or something and not the end of a letter. Either way, the "Cosmetics" font is exactly the same so it's either Starlet or another company ripping off the exact same font lol. They also captioned the photo "Bring out the "starlet" in you with this November Glam Bag addition," but then commented on it saying it's a new brand not yet available in stores (Startlet definitely is available in stores) so who knows! Haha not too much longer til we find out.

post #443 of 1043

Could be they're using the same font because they purchased it from the same company. I'm pretty sure I've seen the font before but can't think where..

post #444 of 1043

That's Obama's favorite font, it's called Gotham iirc :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Could be they're using the same font because they purchased it from the same company. I'm pretty sure I've seen the font before but can't think where..

post #445 of 1043

They improved everything starting June--bags weren't as flimsy/cheesy, products were better, etc. Considering they've been at it for over three months now, I'm very optimistic about future bags :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post


I think Ipsy/Myglam has been really good since June, The ones before were okay, but they started kicking it up in June with the Josie Maran Lip stain/Buxom Lip gloss. The thing about Ipsy is that I use EVERY item. Same with GB.

post #446 of 1043

Welp, that answers all the questions:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

Well, the theme is supposedly "party perfect" which is not as sexy as new york night ;) but I'd still like to think I was close

post #447 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

Welp, that answers all the questions:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

Well, the theme is supposedly "party perfect" which is not as sexy as new york night ;) but I'd still like to think I was close

Haha I knew it was Starlet. I don't know why they're telling people it's a new company, they're definitely not. There are websites with reviews of Starlet products from 2008 and earlier that reference Starlet and their website which is the same website they use now. Definitely seems like a re-launch.


Edited by katie danielle - 11/7/12 at 11:44am
post #448 of 1043

Can't wait for my first box. Definitely want the mascara over the eyebrow gel.

post #449 of 1043

This is also interesting. According to Starlet's owner - Auraline - the Starlet Cosmetics brand name is abandoned.

 

Source: http://www.trademarkia.com/starlet-cosmetics-77905917.html

 

The only reason I'm concerned is because I like to research cosmetic companies before I use their products. The mystery surrounding this company is kind of unsettling.

post #450 of 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashitude View Post

Can't wait for my first box. Definitely want the mascara over the eyebrow gel.

 I have two bags coming this month. If I get two mascaras I'll trade you if you get the eyebrow gel. :)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012