or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012

POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012 - Page 11

post #301 of 834
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Just measured my wrist, 19 inches is super tight. An option is to add a jump ring (or more if needed) that is similar to the clasp to make it a bit longer. Another way that might be slightly more ummm crafty, is to just find some leather cord and just make a loop rather than the jump ring (still matches the bracelet). I might be ok with that since it would just be on the inside of my wrist anyway. Big wrists runs in Dad's family or as my mom calls them "expensive wrists" because all jewelry requires more gold/silver and cannot just get the generic one size ones at department stores.

Excited about the Jewelmint credit because it seems so trendy lately and I love to join trends!

Well, I guess I will be using those socks from October with this new DVD. I actually used the socks yesterday for yoga and it was useful in the morning in keeping my toes warm.

 

Yep, my box is coming Monday. It has only been transferred from FedEx Sacramento to FedEx SmartPost. I decided to just go look at the spoilers. It's kind of nice knowing what is in the box and doing research on it. Whereas last time I pretended to not look but really it was partly spoiled.

post #302 of 834
I can't get mine to redeem either, I tried going through stylemint.com/redeem and it said not valid. I also tried to go into my stylemint account and put it in like a gift card and that didn't work either. If anyone gets it to work, let me know!
post #303 of 834

how is the book?

post #304 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by page5 View Post

Question

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

The description of the bracelet says 19" . . . there is no way I can wrap 19" around my wrist 3 times. My wrist is 6.75", I usually buy a 7" bracelet. Guess I will have to wait til I get my box and see if it has any adjustability.  

 

Spoiler (Click to show)

 

Mine is too small :( 

If it was just an inch or so longer, it would be perfect.  No adjustability though :(

 

post #305 of 834

is anyone else wondering how we're supposed to use the donut mix without a donut maker?

post #306 of 834

Mine was also missing the bracelet!

 

Has anyone been able to use the stylemint code?  I know some people were having trouble I'm just curious if anyone has actually been able to get it to work.  I tried mine 3 times and it says invalid. 
 

post #307 of 834
Did you guys actually get shipping confirmations? I haven't gotten anything and it still says processing!
post #308 of 834

Hi everyone, I'm new to Makeuptalk and this is my first time posting! The November Popsugar box will be my second - I was lucky enough to receive September but canceled October because I got too greedy and wanted to use a discount code before re-subbing. October sold out so I re-subbed for November because I don't want to miss out on any more of these awesome boxes!

 

Since I live in Hawaii I'm always the LAST to receive my box so thanks for posting spoilers!!

post #309 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinstar777 View Post

Did you guys actually get shipping confirmations? I haven't gotten anything and it still says processing!

 

I didn't get a confirmation yet either...I just checked today and it still says processing! Boo...

post #310 of 834

Hello everyone! Just joined to ask a question. 

 

I received my first must have box today, but it was missing one of the products shown in the little booklet frown.gif . I'm really disappointed. Reading some of the comments it looks like some other people had missing items in their boxes as well.

 

Does anyone now if this is common thing with Popsugar? Do I have anyway of getting the item that wasn't delivered , or it it kind of a sucks for me kind of thing? I'm really bummed.

 

Thanks for any responses! 

post #311 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBandJilly View Post

I didn't get a confirmation yet either...I just checked today and it still says processing! Boo...

I'm hoping that it just shows up!
post #312 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalu View Post

Hello everyone! Just joined to ask a question. 

 

I received my first must have box today, but it was missing one of the products shown in the little booklet frown.gif . I'm really disappointed. Reading some of the comments it looks like some other people had missing items in their boxes as well.

 

Does anyone now if this is common thing with Popsugar? Do I have anyway of getting the item that wasn't delivered , or it it kind of a sucks for me kind of thing? I'm really bummed.

 

Thanks for any responses! 


Just email them. They are responsive regarding these kinds of issues.

post #313 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMo View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Just measured my wrist, 19 inches is super tight. An option is to add a jump ring (or more if needed) that is similar to the clasp to make it a bit longer. Another way that might be slightly more ummm crafty, is to just find some leather cord and just make a loop rather than the jump ring (still matches the bracelet). I might be ok with that since it would just be on the inside of my wrist anyway. Big wrists runs in Dad's family or as my mom calls them "expensive wrists" because all jewelry requires more gold/silver and cannot just get the generic one size ones at department stores.

Excited about the Jewelmint credit because it seems so trendy lately and I love to join trends!

Well, I guess I will be using those socks from October with this new DVD. I actually used the socks yesterday for yoga and it was useful in the morning in keeping my toes warm.

 

Yep, my box is coming Monday. It has only been transferred from FedEx Sacramento to FedEx SmartPost. I decided to just go look at the spoilers. It's kind of nice knowing what is in the box and doing research on it. Whereas last time I pretended to not look but really it was partly spoiled.

 

i have one of these bracelets and so does my mom and they were too small on BOTH of us. i ran to joann fabrics and picked up a little pack of bar and circle closers for like $4. i just used tweezers and added one more of the "circle" sides to each of our bracelets and they fit perfectly now!! and i almost like that side more than the chain link!! good thing i still have another circle to use for this bracelet!! 

400

 

post #314 of 834

This smartpost thing is so not efficient!!!

post #315 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolalu View Post

Hello everyone! Just joined to ask a question. 

 

I received my first must have box today, but it was missing one of the products shown in the little booklet frown.gif . I'm really disappointed. Reading some of the comments it looks like some other people had missing items in their boxes as well.

 

Does anyone now if this is common thing with Popsugar? Do I have anyway of getting the item that wasn't delivered , or it it kind of a sucks for me kind of thing? I'm really bummed.

 

Thanks for any responses! 


I don't think it's typical, but I do think you should contact them right away. I expect they will mail you the missing item.

 

Someone asked about the book, I assume that is referring to the Rowling book from last month? It is rather vulgar in parts, and unpleasant n other parts, but Rowling's writing style is very good at keeping me absorbed. I'm a little worried that I won't be happy with the ending, but I'm only about 4/7 of the way through now, so I don't know yet.

 

I am stalking my Popsugar page, but it hasn't shipped yet.

post #316 of 834
Any suggestions as a donut pan substitute? The last thing I want to buy us a donut pan. I will never make them again after this box. It will be fun but just once.
post #317 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keleigh Slaight View Post

Any suggestions as a donut pan substitute? The last thing I want to buy us a donut pan. I will never make them again after this box. It will be fun but just once.

 

If it were me, I think I'd just use a mini muffin tin and make donut "holes". :)

post #318 of 834

My box is still processing too.. grrr!  I live on the central coast, so I think they send mine out last.  It was ok by me last month since I got the full size shampoo/conditioner, but now I'm jealous of the spoilers and I want my box already!   I need to work on my patience, lol.  At least these subscription boxes are good motivators for me.. when I get the box, I don't allow myself to open them until I've had a good long workout, like as a reward.  So I have easy (ish) workouts the rest of the month, and on the day I get the box.. it's balls to the wall!

post #319 of 834

I'm on another group's page for Popsugar and since I'm new too I asked why mine still says processing... a lady told me that it says processing until it is really shipped (and mine also said "shipped") from the actual warehouse.... so I am guessing by next week  maybe??

I saw the pictures on instagram and I'm not "that excited" compared to what I saw in the YouTube videos that made me interested in giving it a try but we will see maybe once I open it my mind will change =)

post #320 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndsey Marie View Post

 

i have one of these bracelets and so does my mom and they were too small on BOTH of us. i ran to joann fabrics and picked up a little pack of bar and circle closers for like $4. i just used tweezers and added one more of the "circle" sides to each of our bracelets and they fit perfectly now!! and i almost like that side more than the chain link!! good thing i still have another circle to use for this bracelet!! 

400

 

 

 

Thank you for sharing your ingenuity!

post #321 of 834
Quote:

Hello everyone! Just joined to ask a question. 

 

I received my first must have box today, but it was missing one of the products shown in the little booklet frown.gif . I'm really disappointed. Reading some of the comments it looks like some other people had missing items in their boxes as well.

 

Does anyone now if this is common thing with Popsugar? Do I have anyway of getting the item that wasn't delivered , or it it kind of a sucks for me kind of thing? I'm really bummed.

 

Thanks for any responses! 

 

Hi! I didn't receive my November box yet, so can't comment on this month. However, I have had missing items before (the baggu bag and tatcha blotting papers). I hope that this trend doesn't continue with popsguar! However, they were extremely helpful after sending them an email, and sent me the missing items no questions asked. The only comment I have is that it took a long time for my missing items to be sent (about a month) and no tracking number was ever given, either. 

post #322 of 834
Thread Starter 
post #323 of 834

I was disappointed again with this month's box. I'm going to try to trade/sell or gift everything I got from it (along with most of last month's and some of the previous month's). This will definitely be my last pop sugar box. Totally not worth $35.

 

Contact me if interested in getting any of the things from this month's box.

 

BTW, did anyone else's bracelet look an ugly rose gold?

post #324 of 834

I've been wanted to check out stylemint. However after I  entered my stylemint credit, nothing caught my eyes. I saw on their website that you can use the credit($29.99) on any of the mint stores not just stylemint. Also, Shoemint is also doing a $30 off your first pair of shoes and Jewelmint is doing a 2 for 1 sale. These are only for new members though. 

post #325 of 834

The bracelet was too small on me as well...so i made it into a choker. XD

post #326 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBeauty80 View Post

I can't get mine to redeem either, I tried going through stylemint.com/redeem and it said not valid. I also tried to go into my stylemint account and put it in like a gift card and that didn't work either. If anyone gets it to work, let me know!

I was able to get it to work by putting something in my stylemint cart, and applying the code like a gift card. Hopefully this works for you!

 

I really want to apply this to a jewelmint purchase, though. I know credits can't be combined w/other promos/sales and JM has a promo going on now.

post #327 of 834

Whoo!  Shipping notice!  Based on previous shipping time, it will probably be here Tuesday.  Maybe Wednesday.  It *might* be here Monday, but I'm thinking Tues/Wed is more likely.

post #328 of 834

Thanks iPretty949, moonittude, and forever dizzy. 

 

I sent them an email yesterday- hopefully it gets resolved. 

post #329 of 834
I finally got my shoppin notice. Looks like I'm getting mine Monday!
post #330 of 834

For those of you who already received your box, is it true there is no doughnut pan with the bake mix?

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012