or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012

POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012 - Page 15

post #421 of 834

Got my box today. It was okay. Bracelet didn't fit which didn't surprise me but it is disappointing. I sent popsugar a pleasant FYI email about it.

post #422 of 834

it does suck waiting for our boxes but i do enjoy reading everyones tips on the style mint stuff. I'm not really sure i want to chance it and go for the "mystery box" cause i feel like anytime i have done this with other sites, its the stuff no one wanted. 

 

another thing that was weird is that my box shipped from cali, got to ohio (where i live), then went to PA, and now back to ohio! hopefully it is here tomorrow!! (BTW this is my first box, i did get a FEDEX tag on my door today saying they missed me and needed a signature to leave a package, this wouldn't be this box would it? has anyone had to sign before?)

 

i love my bracelet that i will be getting a duplicate of in this box!! though i do agree it is PRICEY! i got my first one as a gift. i totally encourage you ladies to just lengthen yours a little like i did mine. it makes an AWESOME layering piece. 

 

also i have a little "bella mini doughnut maker" that aim wondering if it will work for this mix!! i shall try and let you know!!

 

:) thanks for all the style mint tips!

post #423 of 834

Posted pics on my blog. 

 

Must say it was my least favorite of them all. Sort of wished we got some ready to eat snacks like the last few boxes we got lol

post #424 of 834
Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and this was my first month getting the PopSugar Box. My box arrived today and I wasn't blown away, but I think it's alright. I was hoping for some more beauty products and ready to eat snacks, since not everyone has a doughnut pan. I'm thinking of making doughnut holes with it.

The bracelet didn't fit at all and I have about a 7 inch wrist. I went out to the craft store tonight as a previous poster suggested and got some jump rings and it worked like a charm. I'm really happy with the bracelet now.

I also didn't waste any time redeeming my StyleMint and Canvas Pop credits. I got a pair of earrings and a necklace from JewelMint using the promo code for new customers. The order was completely free. For Canvas Pop, I used it towards an 11 x 11 photo from Instagram. After the $30 code, it came to about $23 with shipping. I hope it turns out nice!
post #425 of 834

My first box (october) was completely saturated in shampoo from a leaky bottle and they replaced the whole box even though my husband tossed the disgusting mess before I took pictures for them. They were super nice about it and resent everything - even the few items that survived the mess. I was really pleased with their help so I suggest just contacting them.

post #426 of 834

I'm supposed to get my box on Wednesday. I suggest making the doughnut mix in a mini muffin pan. I made some doughnuts from scratch last month, in the mini muffin pan, and they turned out so well that I made a second batch.

post #427 of 834

I think it's funny how many people are hating on this box when it's one of my favorites so far!  Oct was my first box, but of course I'd love to have gotten in on Sept.  I'd rank them Sept, Nov, Aug, Oct, Jul in order of best to worst.  In October I was just disappointed by all the "common" brands that I can easily find at a Target, CVS, etc....nothing new or difficult to come by.  They do an impressive job given the wide variety of interests of their subscribers, though.  For this month, just the CanvasPop and Stylemint (well, Homemint in my case) certificates will pay for the box and everything else is gravy.  I love cooking, so the spices will get put to use, and I'm sure the doughnuts will make a great hungover breakfast sometime soon. And of course, you can't go wrong with letterpress thank you notes.

post #428 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA View Post

I think it's funny how many people are hating on this box when it's one of my favorites so far!  Oct was my first box, but of course I'd love to have gotten in on Sept.  I'd rank them Sept, Nov, Aug, Oct, Jul in order of best to worst.  In October I was just disappointed by all the "common" brands that I can easily find at a Target, CVS, etc....nothing new or difficult to come by.  They do an impressive job given the wide variety of interests of their subscribers, though.  For this month, just the CanvasPop and Stylemint (well, Homemint in my case) certificates will pay for the box and everything else is gravy.  I love cooking, so the spices will get put to use, and I'm sure the doughnuts will make a great hungover breakfast sometime soon. And of course, you can't go wrong with letterpress thank you notes.


I think I like the Homemint stuff the best right now (at least I know I will use a bowl. Tad iffy on the fit of the clothes and not loving any jewelry piece right now). I guess we use the non member prices if we don't want to pay $9.99 for membership? And there is shipping? Is that correct?

post #429 of 834

TIP for using the free credit on JEWELMINT:  I went to their facebook page and one of the tabs is for their shop on facebook, it has many items I couldn't find on the plain site.  There was a stila lip trio, more bracelets and rings, and a butter london lippy which I picked out.  I got that and a hematite bracelet and applied the code for buy one get one free.  So excited!

post #430 of 834

I actually like the fit of my bracelet. Fits perfectly and doesn't move around. I can't stand when bracelets slide up and down my arm. Not crazy about the color as I am not a gold person and also, it seems a bit cheap but maybe I am not that knowledgeable about the "in" jewelry fashions.

post #431 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Erler View Post

TIP for using the free credit on JEWELMINT:  I went to their facebook page and one of the tabs is for their shop on facebook, it has many items I couldn't find on the plain site.  There was a stila lip trio, more bracelets and rings, and a butter london lippy which I picked out.  I got that and a hematite bracelet and applied the code for buy one get one free.  So excited!

Dang! I wish I would have seen this post before I ordered. 

post #432 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMo View Post


I think I like the Homemint stuff the best right now (at least I know I will use a bowl. Tad iffy on the fit of the clothes and not loving any jewelry piece right now). I guess we use the non member prices if we don't want to pay $9.99 for membership? And there is shipping? Is that correct?


I actually am supposed to receive my box today, so I haven't redeemed anything yet.  I haven't spent too much time going through everything on the site, but it looks like paying the 9.99 membership fee might be worth it depending on what I order, since the discount can be significant.  I'd just cancel as soon as my order ships if that's the route I go.

post #433 of 834

My package is out for delivery!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! icon_lol.gif

post #434 of 834

I went ahead and used my CanvasPop credit last night. I ordered a 12"x12" black framed canvas print using an Instagram photo. Including the $30 credit, I paid $23 out of pocket. Shipping was $14 which is a bit price IMO but I think this will make a great gift so it's worth it. Can't wait to see the proof they're going to email me in a couple days to make sure it looks OK to me.

post #435 of 834

I'm confused as to how people are valuing the bracelet at $55? The one I received is not identical to this one on the website. My center metal pieces aren't as "nice" as the $55 version. The metal pieces are very rough and you can clearly see the seam on the metal for the center piece, which lead my earlier comment about the bracelet having a "cheap" feel.

 

http://www.gorjana-griffin.com/gorjana/catalog/product/view/id/551/s/parker-leather-wrap/category/556/?85=338#85=338
 

 

Now, I am not entirely disappointed as I am wearing it today but I was just wondering how people were thinking it was really worth $55.

post #436 of 834

MY box got here 3 days early! Woohoo. Bracelet fit, but barely and I have teeny wrists. CS says you can't use the B1G1 for stylemint with the popsugar code. Has anyone actually managed to get 2 mystery boxes for 1 credit?

 

ETA~ The code SMPEEK will take $10 off in conjunction with the popsugar code if you see something else you like. I got two tshirts and the mystery box for $20 shipped. Pretty awesome popsugar!


Edited by Shannon28 - 11/20/12 at 2:13pm
post #437 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by celicacutie View Post

I'm confused as to how people are valuing the bracelet at $55? The one I received is not identical to this one on the website. My center metal pieces aren't as "nice" as the $55 version. The metal pieces are very rough and you can clearly see the seam on the metal for the center piece, which lead my earlier comment about the bracelet having a "cheap" feel.

 

http://www.gorjana-griffin.com/gorjana/catalog/product/view/id/551/s/parker-leather-wrap/category/556/?85=338#85=338
 

 

 

 

If you hover over the bracelet in the link you provided you can see there is a seam in the center piece of that one as well and it looks pretty rough. I personally wouldn't value the bracelet at $55 but I think people are valuing it at $55 because that is what the website is advertising.

post #438 of 834

So i finally got my box...it was okay...seeing as how the code is hard to redeem and i can't find the mystery box.  Not big on spices but love the doughnut mix i can do with my kids.  Love the idea of the lip balm but the smell is overpowering...don't really like yoga but i will try it.  The thank you notes will come in handy and the canvas pop is cool...just my opinion...a perk is that the bracelet is not my type but came just in time for my mom's birthday.  Either way i love popsugar boxes no matter what because it's nice getting a box in the mail just for you.

post #439 of 834

you can use the link below for the mystery box

 

http://www.stylemint.com/shirts/november-stylemint-mystery-bag

 

also use the gift card code box for you code, not the promo code.

 

I never saw a homemint - I woulda probably gone with that instead.

 

Bracelet goes around 3 times??  what a joke!

post #440 of 834

Thanks I will try again.

post #441 of 834

So, I got French Vanilla Lip Balm!!!  LOVE VANILLA!  used the stylemint code for the mystery box.  Gonna use the canvaspop to get a picture for my sis for christmas.  She'll prolly get the donut mix too!  The spices are awsome - different then anything else in my pantry.  Again - the bracelet - not sure if I'll bother with the craft shop - maybe I'll bring it to a christmas swap party!  All in all - not bad for my first box!

post #442 of 834

Wasn't able to redeem the Stylemint promo code at check out. You have to go to Stylemint.com/redeem before checking out to get your credit. Not sure if someone has mentioned this before but I just spent an hour yelling at my computer laughing.gif

 

Also, I will be putting my Lip Macaron up for trade. I got French Vanilla

post #443 of 834

I just got mine! Yay! I am wearing the bracelet right now. I think it's really pretty, and stylish, but I would never have paid $50 for it. Well, isn't that half the point of this sub? I already used my stylemint code. I was planning on buying the drape neck top in black and in white, even though the 2 for 1 coupon wouldn't work for me. I was going to pay an extra $20 to get both, because I think they are super cute, but I guess the white was secretly out of stock in my size. So, I got the black one for free. I'm happy because I think it looks really elegant. I almost got two cute pairs of undies or the leather journal, instead. I never would have opted for a mystery box, because most of the styles on the website were things I could not pull off.

 

I'm going through my digital photos looking for one I'd like to hang on our wall. I was hoping to find a good one of me and my husband together, but none of them are really very good. We tend to take pictures of each other, maybe I should spend some money and order one of each of us, and hang them together. Hmmm.

 

I love that they sent us a recipe and suggestions as to what to use the spice mixes on! Cool.

 

ETA: I got the vanilla lip balm. Yum!

 

Even though I think this has been the weakest box so far, it is actually pretty good. The stylemint credit alone was worth more than what I paid.

post #444 of 834
Get the mystery box or be safe??
post #445 of 834

Mystery Box - take a leap of faith!

post #446 of 834

One of the few that is excited about the box... but unfortunately I cannot get the Style Mint redemption to work... Where am I going wrong? 

 

I went to StyleMint.com/redeem. I entered in my information and my credit card information, and have received the credit card error message. I tried multiple credit cards... 

 

I have attempted my "Promo Code" with any variation of letters and numbers of O/0 and I/1.  Any advice? 

post #447 of 834
Thanks Kelbel for th e courage- I decided on both. I got the mystery box and got the black basic shark bit hem tee- with the $10 code (smpeek) that you can use with the code I got everything I wanted for an extra $5- yay how exciting and now I have another box coming- will totally feed my box addiction til my next beauty box arrives... He he he

I thought this box overall was ok- I lived the MOR lip macaron- I got the peach. I really liked the bracelet but as I suspected it doesn't fit- sooooo disappointing- my mom said she'd try to rig it for me like someone posted earlier. This is the best part of the box so I'm hoping to make it work. My sisters fit but she even said she wished it was larger- she has the most itty bitty wrists- she always has to get 3 links taken out of her watches when she gets a new one. I'm really not trying to complain but I don't think that the main item in the box should have been so small that the average size wrist couldn't wear it.

What do you guys think about the size of the bracelet?? Am I being too nit picky- I really am not that kinda gal!
post #448 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Rae View Post

One of the few that is excited about the box... but unfortunately I cannot get the Style Mint redemption to work... Where am I going wrong? 

I went to StyleMint.com/redeem. I entered in my information and my credit card information, and have received the credit card error message. I tried multiple credit cards... 

I have attempted my "Promo Code" with any variation of letters and numbers of O/0 and I/1.  Any advice? 

Hey girl,

I ran into the same issues with my credit cards- I even called them on the phone and still couldn't get my credit card to be valid- keep saying invalid. After trying 3 credit cards, I finally decided what the h*ll I might as well try my debit card and lone and behold it worked.
Go to www.stylemint.com/redeem and go from there.

Hope this helps- soooooo frustrating, it took me like 45 min to place my order.

Sk
post #449 of 834

I tried two different credit cards and got nothing

post #450 of 834

Hell, time to make some donuts with some spice flavoring? Maybe write some thank-you notes while trying on some lip balm ... then do some yoga to relax. Namaste :)  

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › POPSUGAR Must Have - November 2012