or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox - November 2012

Glossybox - November 2012

post #1 of 776
Thread Starter 

Can't wait to see what Glossybox has in store for November (which is only 2 days away..crazy!). 

post #2 of 776
Thread Starter 

In the meantime, two things:

 

Did you see GB changed the homepage of their website? It's much more flashy now lol.

 

To those of you who received the Koh Gen Do cleansing spa water in September - do you like it? I'm thinking of purchasing it but want to know thoughts first! :)

post #3 of 776

I love it. Its super gentle on skin & its great for removing makeup. Decent price too.

post #4 of 776

Any ideas on this month's theme? :)

post #5 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post

In the meantime, two things:

 

Did you see GB changed the homepage of their website? It's much more flashy now lol.

 

To those of you who received the Koh Gen Do cleansing spa water in September - do you like it? I'm thinking of purchasing it but want to know thoughts first! :)


I just looked it up. I may have to get some also. Can it be used at night instead of washing your face with a facial cleanser?

post #6 of 776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souly View Post

I love it. Its super gentle on skin & its great for removing makeup. Decent price too.
Cool, thanks for letting me know! I just may have to purchase a bottle! smile.gif
post #7 of 776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashitude View Post


I just looked it up. I may have to get some also. Can it be used at night instead of washing your face with a facial cleanser?
Maybe- my understanding is that it's mostly a makeup remover, then you wash your face afterwards. I suppose it depends on your nighttime routine. I'd probably still wash my face, though sometimes I just use a makeup removing towelette before bed and call it a day lol.
post #8 of 776

You don't have to wash it off. I don't use it everyday though.

post #9 of 776

I like the cleansing water a lot.  Its just as gentle as Bioderma, but a little better for removing waterproof makeup.  Its more expensive than Bioderma, so its a toss up for me.  

post #10 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post

In the meantime, two things:

 

Did you see GB changed the homepage of their website? It's much more flashy now lol.

 

To those of you who received the Koh Gen Do cleansing spa water in September - do you like it? I'm thinking of purchasing it but want to know thoughts first! :)

I like it. My only complaint is that a little doesn't go a long way and for waterproof liners I need to soak a cotton ball and hold it for a few seconds instead of a wipe and go like those double phase remover things. So if i didn't go buck wild on my eye makeup for the day, I just cotton square my face and call it a day.

post #11 of 776

I'm excited for November, this is my first month since I unsubscribed after the super disappointing August box. 

Here's hoping for something good! :) And by the way, you can try emailing Koh Gen Do and asking for a sample, I heard they sent them out to some people.

post #12 of 776

I wonder if Hurricane Sandy will affect the shipping of GB. They are based in NJ aren't they?
 

post #13 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

I wonder if Hurricane Sandy will affect the shipping of GB. They are based in NJ aren't they?
 

 

I know they have said that customer service will be delayed..and Iknow the boxes ship from NJ so it's very possible.

post #14 of 776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

I'm excited for November, this is my first month since I unsubscribed after the super disappointing August box. 
Here's hoping for something good! smile.gif And by the way, you can try emailing Koh Gen Do and asking for a sample, I heard they sent them out to some people.
Will do! Thanks for the tip! smile.gif
post #15 of 776

It works really well. I know Sephora sells it for $18 for that same size...

post #16 of 776

I've been really impressed by the last few Glossyboxes and I've gotten some great shades, aside from the brown Illamasqua but even that pushes me outside of my comfort zone and probably will look great for fall, maybe under a flaky polish?  It was definitely something I didn't have and I love getting those from subscription boxes.

 

Can't wait to see what's planned for November.

post #17 of 776

Argghh, I'm hoping Glossybox is late in running through the charge this month, I was double charged on my latest Sephora order and waiting for the bank to credit my account, I'm afraid there won't be any money if Glossybox puts it through in the next few days icon_cry.gif

post #18 of 776

So my DH has fallen in love with my loofah soap from last month. He's asking for some in his Christmas stocking! roflmao.gif
 

post #19 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

So my DH has fallen in love with my loofah soap from last month. He's asking for some in his Christmas stocking! roflmao.gif
 

lol  I made my husband try mine because it was too rough for me. He really likes to exfoliate. He loved it! 

post #20 of 776

I gave the loofah to my grandma and the lipstick to my mom (I would've kept both, but I could tell they wanted them). I was unsure when I first heard the spa theme, but overall, I thought last month's box was great...getting legitimate use out of everything. I'm excited to see what's in this month's box. Also crossing my fingers that a nice discount code pops up so I can re-subscribe for December.

post #21 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loladevil View Post

Argghh, I'm hoping Glossybox is late in running through the charge this month, I was double charged on my latest Sephora order and waiting for the bank to credit my account, I'm afraid there won't be any money if Glossybox puts it through in the next few days icon_cry.gif

 

I'm hoping for the same, lol...had an unexpected expense, I hope they wait til at least the 16th to charge!

post #22 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashitude View Post

lol  I made my husband try mine because it was too rough for me. He really likes to exfoliate. He loved it! 


I was reading your blog and had to purchase the myhd Salon Professional color remover. Thanks for the recommendation!!! My ends are like yours was before you used it.

post #23 of 776

I used my enzyme peel thing from last month and wasn't too impressed....was that just me? Maybe I was using it wrong (maybe i used too thin layer? ehh.....). But I liked the lipstick! and I got the blush which is really pretty, but haven't used it yet haha. 

 

I think this month I'm getting the R29 deal? If I get another Missha BB cream in #23......I might cry lol 

post #24 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjm View Post

I used my enzyme peel thing from last month and wasn't too impressed....was that just me? Maybe I was using it wrong (maybe i used too thin layer? ehh.....). But I liked the lipstick! and I got the blush which is really pretty, but haven't used it yet haha. 

 

I think this month I'm getting the R29 deal? If I get another Missha BB cream in #23......I might cry lol 

 

I was supposed to get the blush but it was missing from my box :( Really want to try it, because I adore the Kryolan lipstick we got a couple of months ago! Still trying to get ahold of CS, but I've been patient because of hurricane issues.

post #25 of 776

I hope some of us that did not get the blush in October have a chance for it this month!  It looked really pretty!  

post #26 of 776

I've missed out on blush, mascara and eyeshadow... they never seem to give repeats of things we would want.

post #27 of 776

Maybe with the holidays coming around they will be feeling generous!  Here's to hoping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK View Post

I've missed out on blush, mascara and eyeshadow... they never seem to give repeats of things we would want.

post #28 of 776

I really liked the enzyme peel, and I'm trying to find something like it but cheaper. If anyone knows something give me the heads up!

post #29 of 776

I'm so excited about this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best month out of the whole in my opinion!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

post #30 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

I really liked the enzyme peel, and I'm trying to find something like it but cheaper. If anyone knows something give me the heads up!

I didn't get one, but what did you like about it?

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox - November 2012