or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox - November 2012

Glossybox - November 2012 - Page 5

post #121 of 776

Brrr!  I don't miss the cold at all!  I do miss fires though!  Enjoy the fires and times with your family and I will apprciate my 70 degrees and send warm weather thoughts your way!

 

GB talk, I am debating about picking up an OPI James Bond color.  I did not pick the R29 deal so I should be ok right?  If not I can trade or the more polish the merrier!  Gold is going to be nice for the holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

I'll take your 70 degrees if you want our 30 to 40s with a chance of snow! YUK! I've gone through 1/2 a cord of firewood this last week!

post #122 of 776

I have a few of the OPI James Bond colors:  Live or Let Die (my fav but I love vampy digits), Goldeneye, The World is Not Enough, The Spy Who Loved Me, and the glitter shade (The Living Daylights).

 

I bought the mini-set that has the first four shades after I got Live or Let Die in a full-size.  If the R-29 box gets to me ever (I contacted customer service since I also haven't seen any emails and nothing in my account), I'll give my sister the duplicate minis in her make-up Christmas stocking!

post #123 of 776
haven't got any order confirmation yet. anyone has the same problem?
post #124 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyamib View Post

haven't got any order confirmation yet. anyone has the same problem?

I havent either.

post #125 of 776
Anyone else get this when they try to log into their glossybox account - "We are currently working on the GLOSSYBOX-sites to make them even more beautiful for you. Soon you will reach us again. We look forward to see you soon again!"
I've been trying to login the past 2 days and can't find the login spot on their website anymore. When I manually put the site as - http://www.glossybox.com/login - I get that error message. Weird.
post #126 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobox607 View Post

Anyone else get this when they try to log into their glossybox account - "We are currently working on the GLOSSYBOX-sites to make them even more beautiful for you. Soon you will reach us again. We look forward to see you soon again!"
I've been trying to login the past 2 days and can't find the login spot on their website anymore. When I manually put the site as - http://www.glossybox.com/login - I get that error message. Weird.


Hm. It's still seems to be working for me. Try this link http://www.glossybox.com/customer/account/login

post #127 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobox607 View Post

Anyone else get this when they try to log into their glossybox account - "We are currently working on the GLOSSYBOX-sites to make them even more beautiful for you. Soon you will reach us again. We look forward to see you soon again!"
I've been trying to login the past 2 days and can't find the login spot on their website anymore. When I manually put the site as - http://www.glossybox.com/login - I get that error message. Weird.

I tried to sign in using my Internet Explorer web browser, and it seemed the page was cut off, so option to sign on was not visable.  I closed out of IE, and opened Safari and then had the option to sign in to the Glossybox site. 

post #128 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

I tried to sign in using my Internet Explorer web browser, and it seemed the page was cut off, so option to sign on was not visable.  I closed out of IE, and opened Safari and then had the option to sign in to the Glossybox site. 

My IE was also cutting off the page not making the login option visible, I just had to use ctrl and turned my mouse wheel down to reduce the size of the page so I could log in. Hope that works for you!! smile.gif
post #129 of 776

Does anyone know if I sign up now for the December box will I be charged now or the usual time? I skipped November...icon_sad.gif

post #130 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsephora View Post

Does anyone know if I sign up now for the December box will I be charged now or the usual time? I skipped November...icon_sad.gif


Usually GB charges immediately.

post #131 of 776

Thanks. I was afraid of that. Do you think I would still get the December box as long as I sign up by the end of the month?
 

post #132 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsephora View Post

Thanks. I was afraid of that. Do you think I would still get the December box as long as I sign up by the end of the month?
 


Yes you should. You can ask them on twitter or FB to get a definitive answer but I am quite sure you would.

post #133 of 776

I was charged Nov 14 but still no shipping notice.  I see the charge is now $21.  Wasn't it $20 originally or am I dreaming?

post #134 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaSunshine View Post

I was charged Nov 14 but still no shipping notice.  I see the charge is now $21.  Wasn't it $20 originally or am I dreaming?

 

It has always been $21.

post #135 of 776

When does the current month's box normally show up on the Glossybox website? 

 

The email I rec'd when I joined a week and a half ago said that the boxes ship between the 17th and the 25th of the month.  I can't wait!

post #136 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dots View Post


My IE was also cutting off the page not making the login option visible, I just had to use ctrl and turned my mouse wheel down to reduce the size of the page so I could log in. Hope that works for you!! smile.gif

 

Since I use a laptop and iPad, I dont have the mouse wheel option, but its just as easy for me to use Safari, and it works great. 

 

This is from the Glossybox FAQs:

 

GLOSSYBOX.COM and Internet Explorer & Safari

The GLOSSYBOX website is not always supported by Internet Explorer. For this reason you may encounter trouble entering your billing and shipping information at check out. You may also experience trouble taking your beauty profile. Similar problems occur when using Safari. In order to optimize the efficiency of our website we strongly encourage you to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

 

They also say that they charge during the 2nd week of the month, but then they go on to say that its subject to change and they can charge whenever.   Also says that shipping is the 3rd week of the month, which is this week! 

 

This is my 1st Glossybox, and I'm really excited for it.  I looked at all the previous boxes online and watched a few videos on You Tube, and the boxes all look awesome.  These beauty subscriptions are so addicting!  I now get 2 Birchboxes, Ipsy, Sample Society, and Glossybox!   The funny thing is I still buy the same amount of beauty products that I did before getting these boxes.  Right now I'm expecting orders from Birchbox and Beauty.com.  For the next 3 months, I'm putting myself on a "beauty product no-buy" and will just content myself with whatever comes in my 5 beauty subs!

post #137 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

The funny thing is I still buy the same amount of beauty products that I did before getting these boxes.  Right now I'm expecting orders from Birchbox and Beauty.com.  For the next 3 months, I'm putting myself on a "beauty product no-buy" and will just content myself with whatever comes in my 5 beauty subs!

 

You and me both... I have a stockpile of stuff and while my orders may have slightly decreased - I still order PLENTY.  But I love getting my subs and not "missing out" on something cool and new (like the Ellis Faas in Glossybox...).  But between subs and samples I never seem to need to order mascara, make-up remover, gloss, lipsticks or serums...although I'll make an exception for Burberry Lip Mists (my favorite!).

 

only (rolls eyes, "only") have a sub to Birchbox, ipsy, and Glossybox.  I've enjoyed ipsy and would wholeheartedly recommend them now - but I just enjoy my Birchbox and Glossybox more.  I think I like getting more skincare and fancy brands.  

 

I'm going to stick out ipsy one more month to see if they do anything awesome for their anniversary month - but may switch to Sample Society in January.  They've had consistently great boxes that I always want... If I'm really missing ipsy after being away for a month or two - it's "only" $10, right?  

 

That word, "only", gets me into so much trouble.

post #138 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtPoly View Post

 

You and me both... I have a stockpile of stuff and while my orders may have slightly decreased - I still order PLENTY.  But I love getting my subs and not "missing out" on something cool and new (like the Ellis Faas in Glossybox...).  But between subs and samples I never seem to need to order mascara, make-up remover, gloss, lipsticks or serums...although I'll make an exception for Burberry Lip Mists (my favorite!).

 

only (rolls eyes, "only") have a sub to Birchbox, ipsy, and Glossybox.  I've enjoyed ipsy and would wholeheartedly recommend them now - but I just enjoy my Birchbox and Glossybox more.  I think I like getting more skincare and fancy brands.  

 

I'm going to stick out ipsy one more month to see if they do anything awesome for their anniversary month - but may switch to Sample Society in January.  They've had consistently great boxes that I always want... If I'm really missing ipsy after being away for a month or two - it's "only" $10, right?  

 

That word, "only", gets me into so much trouble.

I keep telling myself that too - it's only 10.00.   I'm thinking of giving up one of my Birchbox subs.  I've been a subscriber to Birchbox for a year, and and have 2 subscriptions since March.  It would be easier to give one up if I had recieved duplicate boxes, but so far I haven't.   I keep telling myself that 5 beauty box subs is obsessive, but I just love them - always something new to try!  And, I wont have to buy any lip gloss or mascara for at least another year! 

 

Ispy is probably my least favorite, because like you, I really like getting skin care and the more fancy brands, but Ipsy is fun and its only 10.00!  And, I have used every product I rec'd in my November Ipsy, and gifted most of October's to my neice, and really likes that stuff too.  

post #139 of 776

I need to see me some November Glossyboxes! haha!

post #140 of 776

I'm debating canceling Glossybox after December.  Who knows, if I'm really happy with the November and December box I may not have the willpower to do it.  We should have a support thread for box subscription addiction.  Maybe a 12-step program, too! help.gif

post #141 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

It has always been $21.

Nope, in California it was 23.05 after the first box. We were being charged a sales tax because they have a physical location in California. 

This month it was only $21.00.

post #142 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

Nope, in California it was 23.05 after the first box. We were being charged a sales tax because they have a physical location in California. 

This month it was only $21.00.

 I am in NYC and there was tax included on all my previous boxes, but not this one. I wonder why?

post #143 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

It has always been $21.

Nope, in California it was 23.05 after the first box. We were being charged a sales tax because they have a physical location in California. 

This month it was only $21.00.

 

No, the price of the box ITSELF has always been $21, she said that she thought it used to be only $20. We weren't talking about individual state taxes.

post #144 of 776
I updated my CC info with them this month and no charge yet and I remember when that whole thing happened the first month, they said they would run it again like three days later but still nothing, I will wait till tomorrow evening to see if it changes, otherwise I will reach out. I noticed someone on their FB page had the same question and they said to def contact them if no charge by Monday. I enjoy GB too much right now to skip it.
post #145 of 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dots View Post

I updated my CC info with them this month and no charge yet and I remember when that whole thing happened the first month, they said they would run it again like three days later but still nothing, I will wait till tomorrow evening to see if it changes, otherwise I will reach out. I noticed someone on their FB page had the same question and they said to def contact them if no charge by Monday. I enjoy GB too much right now to skip it.

 

I havent' been charged yet, and I didn't change any CC info...

post #146 of 776
I am dying to know whats in this months box!
post #147 of 776

My  cc was charged this morning, so excited for this month's box !!!

post #148 of 776

I was finally charged this morning, too!

post #149 of 776

I have a question I paid for my November box in October (mid-october) since they ran out of October boxes I would get a November box. And I have checked my account and there is a charge from Glossybox for $21.00.

The thing is that I only bought one box for November for my birthday but cancelled early this month maybe on the 1st or so. And they haven't refunded anything....I don't want them to I really want the box. But now I am worried that I wont get one since I cancelled my subscription or if I am in their system that I will get a November box. 

post #150 of 776

Just spoke to GlossyBox...the November boxes shipped today! (for the regular subscription)

I also have a Nov box with the KISS promotion (bought another box just to get that glossy pink lipstick again)...but those boxes may not ship until Dec. They are very backed up due to the storm, but wanted to get boxes out to their regular subscribers first.

 

I am not sure what that means for those who ordered the R29 deal. I am assuming they will ship today as well.

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox - November 2012