or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › PopSugar Must Have Luxury Edition Box

PopSugar Must Have Luxury Edition Box - Page 25

post #721 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by japolina View Post

My soap broke and covered everything in the box. The only thing salvagable were the nail polish and the lotion. I was shocked at the fact that they shipped a glass bottle in that fashion. The soap mixed with the tissue paper and was a nasty mess. I live in Florida so the soap had over 10 days to soak into everything!

I emailed PS and they asked for photos. I sent photos of the damage. They said they would ship out a replacement box in the new year once they got more products. I said I wanted a refund. They said "no" I said I would dispute the charge and they refunded the box. BTW, my cuff, which was covered in sticky soap was also bent and the velvet pouch it was in made it black! Ugh, Ugh, Ugh. 

I'm surprised they put up such a "fight!" They're probably getting sick of all the complaining - but it is there fault.

I'm sure they're aware of how long it takes to ship their boxes. To add a glass bottle of had soap just wasn't a wise decision on their part.
post #722 of 912

i can't believe it was glass.  mine survived so nothing was ruined but the way it was packed was ridiculous!

 

i did get mine on christmas eve so i guess it made it in time.  i am keeping this one more month before i throw it out the window.  i convinced a friend of mine to subscribe and she was disappointed with december's box and i feel bad now the lux box was crap too.

 

ugh ugh ugh!

 

I am slowly moving away from these services!  if i cancel ps, i only have beautybar and birchbox left...cancelled ipsy because last 2 months were terrible!

post #723 of 912

I think that this was a good experience as it knocked some sense into me. I have one more month paid for and then I'm done with these boxes. Fun but kind of stupid way to spend money. I'm going to take the money and buy something that I really want with it from now on. 

post #724 of 912
Yeesh! What if you had thrown it out or cleaned it up already and couldn't take photos? I realize they must be bummed that their profits are being cut into but it was their Choice to ship glass,in winter,using a slow service that might not get there in time. I could have made the same mistakes but it's not their customers' fault. Learn from the experience and take responsibility. They have a good thing going but they need to maintain it with conscious customer service
post #725 of 912
Their customer service was steller until the luxury box came into play. The problem is that their not taking any responsibility even though their completely at fault. My men's luxury box was never even shipped- it wasn't until Saturday that I tried to track and it wasn't even in the FedEx system. They apologized and refunded my box. Come on popsugar- you guaranteed an item by Christmas Eve and my box wasn't even sent out, i deserve more than just a refund but they felt a apology was enough. Pop sugar is a complete disappointment and most people are not going to put up with this type of behavior.
post #726 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

Their customer service was steller until the luxury box came into play. The problem is that their not taking any responsibility even though their completely at fault. My men's luxury box was never even shipped- it wasn't until Saturday that I tried to track and it wasn't even in the FedEx system. They apologized and refunded my box. Come on popsugar- you guaranteed an item by Christmas Eve and my box wasn't even sent out, i deserve more than just a refund but they felt a apology was enough. Pop sugar is a complete disappointment and most people are not going to put up with this type of behavior.

I still think you should get more than just a refund! That is ridiculous. Are you a current PS subscriber? If so they should at least comp one of your upcoming boxes or put some "extra's" in it for the MAJOR inconvenience of finding out on Christmas Eve day, that your box (gift) won't be there for Christmas. 

Did you speak to a live person or was this all through email?

post #727 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

I am so sorry you didn't get yours either. We need to make sure PS knows that is didn't arrive in time for Christmas as they guaranteed.

(we ordered the box on Nov 7th!!!)

My box is supposedly going to arrive today. (it's currently in Allentown PA which is 3 hours away, so I won't hold my breath).

In any event I was thinking to contact CS after my box arrives,  in case anything is spilled or damaged, like a few of the boxes were.

 

What about you? What are you thinking?


I have already emailed PS CS three times, since the 22nd and have not heard a responce back. I still do not have my box, i have called consumer affirs regarding it, and filed a complaint with my local post office.

post #728 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou View Post


I have already emailed PS CS three times, since the 22nd and have not heard a responce back. I still do not have my box, i have called consumer affirs regarding it, and filed a complaint with my local post office.

Really that long? I sent them a message on Monday and haven't heard from them yet. I guess I should wait a while too. No box, no tracking number, no confirmation of Anything. This makes no sense for an company!
post #729 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

I still think you should get more than just a refund! That is ridiculous. Are you a current PS subscriber? If so they should at least comp one of your upcoming boxes or put some "extra's" in it for the MAJOR inconvenience of finding out on Christmas Eve day, that your box (gift) won't be there for Christmas. 
Did you speak to a live person or was this all through email?

Thanks girl for being my cheerleader :-). I've only emailed them- maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow on my lunch break. When I emailed them Saturday night- they emailed me back pretty quickly- it was Sunday late morning when they responded. They did refund the box but they haven't answered my rant email from Sunday night. I'm thinking they'll eventually get to all of us unhappy gals.
post #730 of 912
Anyone seen the silver envelope bag for sale on the web?
post #731 of 912

I'm guessing their offices might be shut for the holidays. Try tweeting to them - that always works for me when I am unable to get in touch with customer service through email.

 

I hope they refund all of you who got ruined boxes, it is such a bummer especially because we spent $100 and you don't deserve that during the holidays. They could have skipped that horrible soap and sent it faster. If you are unable to get in touch with them, I recommend you all dispute it with your credit cards.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezymama View Post


Really that long? I sent them a message on Monday and haven't heard from them yet. I guess I should wait a while too. No box, no tracking number, no confirmation of Anything. This makes no sense for an company!
post #732 of 912
Does anyone have a close up pic of the Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mesh clutch? The top of mine was twisted making it impossible to open frown.gif plus the cuff was bent as well! Was the chocolate set supposed to include just 3 varieties? Mine included 3 each of 3 different favors.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Overall I was disappointed. I had expected this box to really wow me, in my opinion it fell short.
post #733 of 912

700

 

Sorry, I could not figured out how to put an image in the spoiler window - chocolates were missing....

post #734 of 912

So I emailed popsugar about my missing luxury box, their response,

 

 

Thanks for your email! I'm so sorry to hear that your package is missing. Our records indicate that your Luxury PopSugar Must Have box was delivered on December 19 to the address provided. Please know that once a package has been marked as delivered by the USPS, it is no longer within our control. If you have not already I would suggest contacting your local post office to get a little more information from them, such as what time it was delivered, by whom, etc. I would also contact your neighbors, landlord, building manager, or superintendent to see if any of them are holding your box for you (this has been the case for many subscribers in the past). Please keep us posted and if you have not located your box within the next couple days, please let us know and we can continue to work with you to locate it.

Thank you!
POPSUGAR Support


I know it isn't their fault that my box was misdelivered or stolen or whatever but in my email I explicitly stated that I'd already contacted the post office. I am hoping that they send out a new box or refund my money or something. I am planning to cancel my subscription after this mess and the crappy boxes they've sent the last couple of months. Figured if I only use 1-2 products out of each box I'm ahead to take my $35 and just buy what I want.

post #735 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loladevil View Post

So I emailed popsugar about my missing luxury box, their response,

 

 

Thanks for your email! I'm so sorry to hear that your package is missing. Our records indicate that your Luxury PopSugar Must Have box was delivered on December 19 to the address provided. Please know that once a package has been marked as delivered by the USPS, it is no longer within our control. If you have not already I would suggest contacting your local post office to get a little more information from them, such as what time it was delivered, by whom, etc. I would also contact your neighbors, landlord, building manager, or superintendent to see if any of them are holding your box for you (this has been the case for many subscribers in the past). Please keep us posted and if you have not located your box within the next couple days, please let us know and we can continue to work with you to locate it.

Thank you!
POPSUGAR Support


I know it isn't their fault that my box was misdelivered or stolen or whatever but in my email I explicitly stated that I'd already contacted the post office. I am hoping that they send out a new box or refund my money or something. I am planning to cancel my subscription after this mess and the crappy boxes they've sent the last couple of months. Figured if I only use 1-2 products out of each box I'm ahead to take my $35 and just buy what I want.

does it say anything about how they handle lost packages in their terms and conditions? if not, I would demand a refund. You didn't get what you paid for. $100 is a big loss.

post #736 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalisay View Post

does it say anything about how they handle lost packages in their terms and conditions? if not, I would demand a refund. You didn't get what you paid for. $100 is a big loss.

Also, you might want to check the T&Cs for the credit/debit card you used. Some of them will cover this sort of loss and refund you if it is stolen even though USPS shows it was delivered.
post #737 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou View Post


I have already emailed PS CS three times, since the 22nd and have not heard a responce back. I still do not have my box, i have called consumer affirs regarding it, and filed a complaint with my local post office.

Wow. Well you are doing the right thing. Please let us know how it turns out. And I will do the same.

post #738 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loladevil View Post

So I emailed popsugar about my missing luxury box, their response,


Thanks for your email! I'm so sorry to hear that your package is missing. Our records indicate that your Luxury PopSugar Must Have box was delivered on December 19 to the address provided. Please know that once a package has been marked as delivered by the USPS, it is no longer within our control. If you have not already I would suggest contacting your local post office to get a little more information from them, such as what time it was delivered, by whom, etc. I would also contact your neighbors, landlord, building manager, or superintendent to see if any of them are holding your box for you (this has been the case for many subscribers in the past). Please keep us posted and if you have not located your box within the next couple days, please let us know and we can continue to work with you to locate it.
Thank you!

POPSUGAR Support

I know it isn't their fault that my box was misdelivered or stolen or whatever but in my email I explicitly stated that I'd already contacted the post office. I am hoping that they send out a new box or refund my money or something. I am planning to cancel my subscription after this mess and the crappy boxes they've sent the last couple of months. Figured if I only use 1-2 products out of each box I'm ahead to take my $35 and just buy what I want.

I hate it when companies try to make you do all the follow up work. So sorry you're dealing with this.
post #739 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by wldflowur13 View Post

Does anyone have a close up pic of the Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mesh clutch? The top of mine was twisted making it impossible to open frown.gif plus the cuff was bent as well! Was the chocolate set supposed to include just 3 varieties? Mine included 3 each of 3 different favors.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
Overall I was disappointed. I had expected this box to really wow me, in my opinion it fell short.

I can probably take a pic when I get home later tonight to send you one, mine was hard to figure out how to open at first, but works fine, it's just delicate. 

post #740 of 912

If they did not insure it and you did not get it, you deserve a refund. If you are sending something worth $100, you should require a signature or you assume the risk. I have an ebay business and it is always my problem if a package is not received. That is why I use insurance, signature confirmation etc when sending valuables.

post #741 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post

I can probably take a pic when I get home later tonight to send you one, mine was hard to figure out how to open at first, but works fine, it's just delicate. 

Thanks so much Ann, I'd appreciate a pic. 

post #742 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by japolina View Post

If they did not insure it and you did not get it, you deserve a refund. If you are sending something worth $100, you should require a signature or you assume the risk. I have an ebay business and it is always my problem if a package is not received. That is why I use insurance, signature confirmation etc when sending valuables.

Thank you. This is very valuable insight!

post #743 of 912

You gals who've had trouble with shipping and FedEx, your issues are not with PopSugar, but with FedEx/SmartPost/USPS.  

 

Yes, they do chose/select SmartPost and yes they could have shipped the boxes earlier (all depending on if they have all the products in time to pack them).  But once FedEx/Smart Post picks up the packages (or they are dropped off) PS has no control over the arrival or condition of your box or items (I say this as my bf works for a company that does a lot of shipping, once it leaves his hands he has no control over it - as PS has said).  It is the holidays, massive shipping is taking place, FedEx was behind on updating everyone's tracking info (mine included).  

 

You can complain and blast PS and demand hand written apology notes all you want (I'm kidding), but once the box leaves their "hands" it is a FedEx/SmartPost/USPS issue to be sorted through.  If you don't get your box at all (after exhausting a FedEx/SmartPost/USPS traces and hunting it down yourself (yep sometimes you have to do some of the leg work - just like life) and all the necessary steps), then PS should be contacted and they should do whatever steps (ship another one, refund the cost, etc.) to rectify the situation.  Just know that you'll get further with any company if you are polite and cordial and professional.  

 

I feel like some of you gals are really, really, really expecting the world here for some snafus that just happen in life.  Shipping of things get delayed, boxes go missing, stuff arrives broken or is missing.  It's never, ever going to be 100% perfect.  You can be upset, and mad/sad or angry.  And you have every single right to be, it's your money after all!!!  But you are taking a risk purchasing the "unknown" you are assuming the responsibility of paying your money for something that may not be to your liking (or even show up!) ---but you KNOW that going into the subscription world -- or really buying anything online ever.  I, myself, just dealt with awful customer service from Fandango for buying a gift card.  A little piece of plastic!

 

Finally, you speak louder with your pocketbook/money than angry emails and nasty notes and rants to PS.  They're not going to respond to those, other than simply apologize.  Really what can they do if you didn't get chocolate you like or a scent you hate?  That sort of comes with the turf of buying the largely unknown.  If you really want to take a stand, cancel your subscription and move on.  I see so many notes of people complaining about how unhappy they are, how they hated the products, hated the mailing/shipping, hated the customer service, hated the price, but then go...oh but I'll give it another month so "we'll see."  

 

If you had awful food at a restaurant and became sick would you go back there next month to eat?  C'mon girls.  Be smart.  

 

*This is not a personal attack on any one poster here, just a summary of my thoughts. Nor is it meant to be taken in a harsh or mean tone*  I really like PopSugar and I really wish all of you the best in getting your shipping and box issues sorted out.  

post #744 of 912

Also, can someone point to the 12/24 "guarantee"  as in post a pic of their email or communication where it said they were "guaranteed" to arrive by 12/24?
 

My email said these boxes will arrive by 12/24.  Nothing was EVER guaranteed.  

post #745 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post

You gals who've had trouble with shipping and FedEx, your issues are not with PopSugar, but with FedEx/SmartPost/USPS.  

 

Yes, they do chose/select SmartPost and yes they could have shipped the boxes earlier (all depending on if they have all the products in time to pack them).  But once FedEx/Smart Post picks up the packages (or they are dropped off) PS has no control over the arrival or condition of your box or items (I say this as my bf works for a company that does a lot of shipping, once it leaves his hands he has no control over it - as PS has said).  It is the holidays, massive shipping is taking place, FedEx was behind on updating everyone's tracking info (mine included).  

 

You can complain and blast PS and demand hand written apology notes all you want (I'm kidding), but once the box leaves their "hands" it is a FedEx/SmartPost/USPS issue to be sorted through.  If you don't get your box at all (after exhausting a FedEx/SmartPost/USPS traces and hunting it down yourself (yep sometimes you have to do some of the leg work - just like life) and all the necessary steps), then PS should be contacted and they should do whatever steps (ship another one, refund the cost, etc.) to rectify the situation.  Just know that you'll get further with any company if you are polite and cordial and professional.  

 

I feel like some of you gals are really, really, really expecting the world here for some snafus that just happen in life.  Shipping of things get delayed, boxes go missing, stuff arrives broken or is missing.  It's never, ever going to be 100% perfect.  You can be upset, and mad/sad or angry.  And you have every single right to be, it's your money after all!!!  But you are taking a risk purchasing the "unknown" you are assuming the responsibility of paying your money for something that may not be to your liking (or even show up!) ---but you KNOW that going into the subscription world -- or really buying anything online ever.  I, myself, just dealt with awful customer service from Fandango for buying a gift card.  A little piece of plastic!

 

Finally, you speak louder with your pocketbook/money than angry emails and nasty notes and rants to PS.  They're not going to respond to those, other than simply apologize.  Really what can they do if you didn't get chocolate you like or a scent you hate?  That sort of comes with the turf of buying the largely unknown.  If you really want to take a stand, cancel your subscription and move on.  I see so many notes of people complaining about how unhappy they are, how they hated the products, hated the mailing/shipping, hated the customer service, hated the price, but then go...oh but I'll give it another month so "we'll see."  

 

If you had awful food at a restaurant and became sick would you go back there next month to eat?  C'mon girls.  Be smart.  

 

*This is not a personal attack on any one poster here, just a summary of my thoughts. Nor is it meant to be taken in a harsh or mean tone*  I really like PopSugar and I really wish all of you the best in getting your shipping and box issues sorted out.  

girl... you said everything i've wanted to say the past two weeks i've been reading this thread. I feel bad for anyone who had broken or lost boxes of course ( my soap was wrapped in heavy bubble tape and tissue so not sure how it broke for most people) , but PS is doing their very best replacing boxes, giving refurnds or what not. If people are not satisfied simply cancel or do not buy a luxury box again. 

 

kudos.

post #746 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmello View Post

girl... you said everything i've wanted to say the past two weeks i've been reading this thread. I feel bad for anyone who had broken or lost boxes of course ( my soap was wrapped in heavy bubble tape and tissue so not sure how it broke for most people) , but PS is doing their very best replacing boxes, giving refurnds or what not. If people are not satisfied simply cancel or do not buy a luxury box again. 

kudos.


agreed with both of you!
post #747 of 912

I understand what you are saying, but there have been enough complaints about their shipping service that they should look into it.  I am sure they are sick of hearing all the issues with Smart Post. I would rather pay for shipping and have normal FedEx ground or UPS.  I always ask now what the shipping service is because I will pay extra just not to have it go UPS Basic or Smart Post.  Also if you guarentee for Christmas, then you better ship with a service that will get there before Christmas.  If you look at the scans that are done with Smart Post, it is no surprise of the damages. Way too much handling involved with that service.  I am a Transportation and Distribution  Manager for large cosmetics company and really it is time for them to take a serious look at their method of shipping. It is their hands to ship their product with a reliable service. I really believe USPS would do a better job both in service and a reduction of damages. 

post #748 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post

Also, can someone point to the 12/24 "guarantee"  as in post a pic of their email or communication where it said they were "guaranteed" to arrive by 12/24?
 

My email said these boxes will arrive by 12/24.  Nothing was EVER guaranteed.  

Isn't stating that boxes will arrive by 12/24 a guarantee? It certainly is a promise.

One that they sent out to all their subscribers to encourage to buy this a holiday gift.

 

If they wanted to be accurate, they should have stated boxes MAY arrive before 12/24. Or at least clearly state that an Xmas arrival is not guaranteed. Seriously, when you order something on Nov 7th, there is an assumption it will naturally arrive before 12/24. Especially if they say so in their communication.

 

Shipping is always a mess around the holidays. PS should take that into account when they create a ship date. They also should have shipped the east coast boxes before the west coast ones. It is their responsibility.

My box did not arrive due to any other reason then it was shipped on the 17th and miraculously was expected to make it across the country, during the height of the holidays.

post #749 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldoctor View Post

I understand what you are saying, but there have been enough complaints about their shipping service that they should look into it.  I am sure they are sick of hearing all the issues with Smart Post. I would rather pay for shipping and have normal FedEx ground or UPS.  I always ask now what the shipping service is because I will pay extra just not to have it go UPS Basic or Smart Post.  Also if you guarentee for Christmas, then you better ship with a service that will get there before Christmas.  If you look at the scans that are done with Smart Post, it is no surprise of the damages. Way too much handling involved with that service.  I am a Transportation and Distribution  Manager for large cosmetics company and really it is time for them to take a serious look at their method of shipping. It is their hands to ship their product with a reliable service. I really believe USPS would do a better job both in service and a reduction of damages. 

Maybe they will, but I would be shocked if they changed shipping services.  I'm willing to bet SmartPost is most cost effective since we're not incurring shipping costs.  But who knows, perhaps they could look into an option for those who want to pay shipping. 

 

I don't think it was every guaranteed by Christmas it was just emailed that they would arrive by 12/24.  I can find nothing about a guarantee. I think that was kind of talked up on the posts here and everyone started jumping on the word guarantee.

 

I agree with everyone else, Smartpost is awful and slow and frustrating, another service could probably be better, but with that would come a price change in the monthly cost or an additional shipping cost.  Which, I'm sure would get just as many complaints if that service failed in anyway too.  Imagine when you PAY for shipping AND your box and it still goes missing.  Oy, there is no winning!

post #750 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Tucci View Post

If you had awful food at a restaurant and became sick would you go back there next month to eat?  C'mon girls.  Be smart.  

 

*This is not a personal attack on any one poster here, just a summary of my thoughts. Nor is it meant to be taken in a harsh or mean tone*  I really like PopSugar and I really wish all of you the best in getting your shipping and box issues sorted out.  

If a restaurant gave me food poisoning I would not go back. But if it was simply a bad meal or bad service or a hair in my soup, I would give it another chance, especially if other people raved about it.

 

This is about a hair in my soup, not food poisoning.

They can make it right if they so desire, or make it wrong by not taking responsibility.

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › PopSugar Must Have Luxury Edition Box