or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Nail Polish Circular Swap Group › Discussions › Round 2 - Group 2: Open discussion

Round 2 - Group 2: Open discussion

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 

Group 2:

BeautyBoxGal (lead of Group 2) - WA

Zadidoll - WA

Ampym - CA

tgooberbutt - CA

BlueLion - CA

Calimel - CA

Tevans - TX

 

Ok, just got the box today and I hate it. Absolutely hate it... because I'm coveting every single polish in it! Mine I tell you MINE! LOL BeautyBoxGal you out did yourself here. EVERYTHING is GORGEOUS and gosh dang it it's making it hard to pick!!

 

1000Left to right:

  • Orly - Rage
  • Essie - Miss Fancy Pants
  • Essie - Power Clutch
  • Illamasqua - Purity
  • Butter - Pillar Box Red
  • American Apparel - Port
  • Sally Hansen Magnetic - Silver Elements
  • Julep - Claire
  • Sation - Rock-A-Guy-Blue
  • Color Club - Tweet Me

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll need the addy for Ampym and will send her the box by the end of the week. I've got to make up my mind on which items I want. I know I'm loving Orly,  Illamasqua and Julep but I'm torn on Butter and Sation.

post #2 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Group 2:

BeautyBoxGal (lead of Group 2) - WA

Zadidoll - WA

Ampym - CA

tgooberbutt - CA

BlueLion - CA

Calimel - CA

Tevans - TX

 

Ok, just got the box today and I hate it. Absolutely hate it... because I'm coveting every single polish in it! Mine I tell you MINE! LOL BeautyBoxGal you out did yourself here. EVERYTHING is GORGEOUS and gosh dang it it's making it hard to pick!!

 

1000Left to right:

  • Orly - Rage
  • Essie - Miss Fancy Pants
  • Essie - Power Clutch
  • Illamasqua - Purity
  • Butter - Pillar Box Red
  • American Apparel - Port
  • Sally Hansen Magnetic - Silver Elements
  • Julep - Claire
  • Sation - Rock-A-Guy-Blue
  • Color Club - Tweet Me

 

*GASP!*  OMFG - nice box.....and that IS what she said! Can't wait!

post #3 of 31

Ooh! I'll be psyched if a particular color makes it down to my turn, but if not, I'm sure there'll be more great options. Thanks for posting pics, Zadi! I love to see these boxes on the move.

post #4 of 31

Wow!  Box 1 isn't quite as nice as that : (  But we still have some nice ones!!  Box got delayed slightly but should be to Xiehan at the beginning of the week.

post #5 of 31
Thread Starter 

Sending the box on Monday. I didn't get a chance to drop it off today. Got a few goodies in it besides polish (but nail related).

post #6 of 31
Thread Starter 

I sent the box out on Monday with a tracking # which I've sent. I forgot to take a picture of what I put into the box and am blanking on what I put into the box. lol

 

  1. An OPI - can't think which one but it's brand new.
  2. A Venique polish - can't think of the name but it's an orange red with hints of gold in it.
  3. A small bottle of CDN I can't recall it's a top coat or an oil.
  4. Several tubes of hand cream (I put in enough for everyone to take at least one.)

 

I took out the Illamasqua, Sation & Julep.

post #7 of 31
Loving the Butter London !!!!
I'm sure it'll be gone by the time it gets to me ! I'm the last one ( & hoping some of the great stuff is still available !)
post #8 of 31
Thread Starter 

I know Ampym got the box on the 23rd . Wondering what she thought of it.

post #9 of 31

Hey guys...I'm posting this pic for Ampym cause she won't be able to post anything until later.  What she said about the box was "So much to choose from!".  I think that means she loves everything smilehappyyes.gif

 

 

700

post #10 of 31

Hey ladies!

 

Is there a thread for Box1? I haven't seen one and I just received the box.
 

post #11 of 31
Thread Starter 
post #12 of 31
got the box today when I got home biggrin.gif I can send it out tomorrow morning if I get an address by 8am pst, otherwise it will go out thurs! will post picts later tonight! hooray!

what I unpacked...

what I took out....

what I put in.....
the box barely closes!
Edited by tgooberbutt - 12/4/12 at 11:17pm
post #13 of 31

Pretty polishes!  Can any of you remember any of the names of the polishes you put in?  Some I don't recognize, so I want to look up swatches!  Thanks!

post #14 of 31

From left to right....

  1. color club mini - blue ming
  2. Illamasqua - purity
  3. julep - sasha (?)
  4. color club - I don't remember....sorry! it's a metallic-y brass/brown/gold
  5. color club - back stage pass
  6. and the opi minis i received in a trade a while back and can't trace the names...
post #15 of 31

Thank you, tgooberbutt!

post #16 of 31

Box (now a medium flat rate) is packed up and ready to go to CaliMel tomorrow. Here are pics!

 

Stuff still in box:

700

 

What I took (the purplish OPI mini was also taken, but I forgot to include it in the photo)

700

 

I put in:

700

700

The colors in the top row are Sephora by OPI in I'm With Brad, Dear Diary, and Personal Shopper. Then there's China Glaze For Audrey, and OPI Meet Me on the Star Ferry. On the bottom row is OPI Rising Star, Color Club Metamorphosis (my low end contribution), SOPI Fancy Schmancy, Essie Buy Me a Cameo, and unfortunately I'm completely blanking on the name of the Orly. Sorry!

post #17 of 31

Awesome photos!  And, such pretty polishes!
 

post #18 of 31

Thanks! I'm hoping they find good homes. CaliMel, if all goes smoothly, the box should get to you by Saturday. Letting go of Metamorphosis was tough since I'm always drawn to blues/teals, but I have so many that are similar so I couldn't justify keeping it. I also love Rising Star, but it just doesn't work with my skin tone. If it seems like I added a lot, it's because I sort of shared the box with my sister and she gave me a few bottles that she didn't mind losing. The box is currently at 3 pounds.

post #19 of 31

Hi! I got it today. My PO is at a smaller post office, so it has to go to the big main one first.

Everything appears to have arrived safe and sound!

I haven't really had a chance to break into it all yet because I just opened the box on my lunch break today.

 

Unfortunately I do have to wait until Sat to mail it because there's just no possible way I can make it to the PO until then, due to my work hours.

I'm in the middle of moving, and moved about a 35 min drive away from my work, and I work 8-5pm every day so it's hard to get to the post office on a weekday.

I feel bad holding the box hostage that long but I'm going to try to take photos, take out what I want, put in some others, repackage it and get it all ready to go.

The reason I like the PO near my house is because they have the machine that's way faster than waiting in the giant lines that are there for the holidays.

 

Thank you so much for mailing it out!

I'll update with photos and things as I make more progress but I just wanted to check in.

post #20 of 31

This way it will be like a Christmas gift for the next person!

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

Hi! I got it today. My PO is at a smaller post office, so it has to go to the big main one first.
Everything appears to have arrived safe and sound!
I haven't really had a chance to break into it all yet because I just opened the box on my lunch break today.

Unfortunately I do have to wait until Sat to mail it because there's just no possible way I can make it to the PO until then, due to my work hours.
I'm in the middle of moving, and moved about a 35 min drive away from my work, and I work 8-5pm every day so it's hard to get to the post office on a weekday.
I feel bad holding the box hostage that long but I'm going to try to take photos, take out what I want, put in some others, repackage it and get it all ready to go.
The reason I like the PO near my house is because they have the machine that's way faster than waiting in the giant lines that are there for the holidays.

Thank you so much for mailing it out!
I'll update with photos and things as I make more progress but I just wanted to check in.




CaliMel,

Hi. I'm the one you're mailing the box to and I'm perfectly fine if you want to mail after Christmas ,if it's more convenient for you.( especially since you're moving )
Any post office or shipping place has been crazy for the past few weeks around where I live.
Don't feel bad about not shipping right away. Sounds like you've been busy crazy !
So ship after the holidays if it's easier for you.
Enjoy your Christmas and send it afterwards .

Tara
( tevans)
post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevans View Post


CaliMel,
Hi. I'm the one you're mailing the box to and I'm perfectly fine if you want to mail after Christmas ,if it's more convenient for you.( especially since you're moving )
Any post office or shipping place has been crazy for the past few weeks around where I live.
Don't feel bad about not shipping right away. Sounds like you've been busy crazy !
So ship after the holidays if it's easier for you.
Enjoy your Christmas and send it afterwards .
Tara
( tevans)


Thank you so much for being so sweet about it! I just wanted to post so that people knew what was going on and to make sure it was okay. I really appreciate your understanding!

I plan on shipping it out this weekend, just have to get it all put together and figure out what I want to switch out in there! I haven't even really had time to unwrap everything properly, it's all in the bubble wrap still but the colors all look really nice! I'm excited. =]

post #23 of 31
Take your time and enjoy looking at everything that's in the box !
post #24 of 31

So I was FINALLY able to open up everything tonight and look at it all. I made my selections and put items in. I repackaged everything, after I took photos. I took photos of the box as I received it, and then of what I took out and then what I put in. I've had the box at my new place since I got it, and I had to bring it back to my parents house since I'm spending the night here for Christmas tomorrow, just to even get a chance to look at it all and sort it out and put my stuff in there.

 

It was a hard choice, and I'm still waffling on one color I picked, because I feel greedy taking 4 polishes out. But I really really love what I picked out and I'm excited for someone to get what I put in there too.

=]

 

I'm hoping things mellow out after Christmas because this has been an insane month.

post #25 of 31

I say take the polish!  And, then just put in another one.  If you really, really want the polish, by definition you want the polish more than other people probably would.  So, I don't think it would be greedy at all!
 

post #26 of 31

I agree, go for it! I put in, like, 10 bottles when it was my turn but took less so I'm sure there'll still be a decent variety when it leaves you.

post #27 of 31

1000

 

So I got the box opened the other day and took a photo of everything! Here's all the colors, I tried to do rainbow order, I think the photo gets larger if you click on it. Sorry it's so zoomed out.

 

I put what I put in in the Spoiler box so that the next person is surprised if they want to be!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This is what I put in.

 

The Julep colors are: Isla, Hotch, and then Oscar in the photo below. The Zoya color I unfortunately forgot to write down the name before I sealed the box, sorry. The Butter London's are in Shag, and then the blue one is Knackered.

 

 

700

700

 

 

 

 

 

This is what I took out. I'm super excited by these colors! I feel bad taking so many, hopefully what I put in is okay. I also feel bad because I accidentally took 2 of the little hand creams. I was deciding on which one and sent off the box without putting one back in there. There is one of each type that were left, in the box though.

 

700

 

Forgot to add that I sent it off today, so now it's on its way to the next happy home!

Thank you so much Tevans for your patience! I really really appreciate it.

post #28 of 31
Thread Starter 

Don't feel bad about taking two of the creams! Those were just extras I tossed in.

post #29 of 31

The box has doubled in size, so I don't think you should feel bad about what you took.  And, I think what you put in was great!

post #30 of 31
I got the box ! LOVED IT !!!
Took out quite a few, put in a lot more.

I can't post pics ( iPad issues ) but I emailed them to Lynda V,who said she'll post for me and the box will be off to her for the next round !

Thanks Ladies. This is awesome !!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Nail Polish Circular Swap Group
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Nail Polish Circular Swap Group › Discussions › Round 2 - Group 2: Open discussion