or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › December 2012 Ipsy bag

December 2012 Ipsy bag

post #1 of 1207
Thread Starter 

Is it too early to be thinking about the December bag?????

post #2 of 1207

it's their 1st anniversary, hopefully its something soooo awesome!

post #3 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster View Post

Is it too early to be thinking about the December bag?????

nope!

post #4 of 1207
Thread Starter 

I'm pretty excited what are you guys hoping for?

I'm hoping for at least one extra item so about 6 items for December and 6 GOOD things lol

Only because it is their first anniversary and it's the Christmas season after all

 

 

Your thoughts....

post #5 of 1207

I find it hard to believe that they would disappoint in December with all their customer oriented improvements.. Maybe all these great bags were a hype up for the anniversary?! Let's hope so icon_cheesygrin.gif. I've been really happy with them since their revamp and rename. As I've stated before, I was super close to canceling myGlam then I decided I'd give the new "Ipsy" one last month of a try. I'm really happy I did! 

post #6 of 1207

November was my first box back after a hiatus and I'm happy with their improvements. I can't wait to see what's in their December box. Please let there be some Urban Decay!!

post #7 of 1207

I've heard some whisperings on what MIGHT be in the December bag - some from members here who saw the video Michelle posted and some from insiders at Ipsy - and while I don't know the EXACT contents of the December at this time what I've been told is that it will be a fantastic bag comparable to the bag sent out in December 2011. So personally I'm super excited for December's bag. I hope it's a deep red or hunter green or silver plush bag perfect colors for the winter. I'll be even more happy if it has a strap to turn it into a wristlet.

post #8 of 1207

i am hoping for something sparkley, like red laminated glitter. that can't be too expensive, forever 21 has laminated glitter bags for like 1.80 most of the time. They are usually pink which is not my style, but red! heck yes.

post #9 of 1207
Thread Starter 

I'm also wishing for some Urban Decay in there this month! I'm not a huge fan of sparkle lol

Strange, but I actually don't want all the stuff inside the bag to be red and green (Christmas colors) 

post #10 of 1207

I hope it's great.  BB's anniversary box was underwhelming.  I love the idea of UD and a red or green or silver bag.  

I would love an awesome chapstick or a nice red shade lipstick.  

post #11 of 1207

I really want to see some UD in this bag! :)

post #12 of 1207

uggh, you guys...I was hoping I could convince myself to cancel this sub for a while because I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with my sample stockpile and it wouldn't hurt to save $10 a month with my student loan payment starting in December but...now...I just can't cancel it!!!!!!  I would be too disappointed if it was an awesome bag!

post #13 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mks8372 View Post

uggh, you guys...I was hoping I could convince myself to cancel this sub for a while because I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with my sample stockpile and it wouldn't hurt to save $10 a month with my student loan payment starting in December but...now...I just can't cancel it!!!!!!  I would be too disappointed if it was an awesome bag!


LOL I feel the same way, girl! I'm like "damn I don't need all this make up when I have stuff already and have loans, but Decemberrrr!!" I'd wait until December then -- they do seem like they're trying hard to step it up, and December is their anniversary month. >: January! Start with January!

post #14 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post


LOL I feel the same way, girl! I'm like "damn I don't need all this make up when I have stuff already and have loans, but Decemberrrr!!" I'd wait until December then -- they do seem like they're trying hard to step it up, and December is their anniversary month. >: January! Start with January!

 

Please...we all know that no one truly keeps up with their New Years Resolutions. 7.gif

post #15 of 1207

sorry, just realized I posted to december thread, didn't even know it, just clicked here from a notification in my email haha

post #16 of 1207

I re-subbed for this bag because I'm hoping that it is going to be really good. One thing that I wish they would have is an option to skip a month though. I'm excited to see what December brings!

post #17 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by morre22 View Post

I re-subbed for this bag because I'm hoping that it is going to be really good. One thing that I wish they would have is an option to skip a month though. I'm excited to see what December brings!


Yeah, that is a worrying point, but I do think they got rid of the WL at least temporarily? I got an email on the account I unsubbed on (I had two last month) telling me if I signed up in the next 24 hours I would've gotten this month's bag. So you could just unsub for the month you don't want... hopefully the WL won't block you ^^;;

post #18 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post


Yeah, that is a worrying point, but I do think they got rid of the WL at least temporarily? I got an email on the account I unsubbed on (I had two last month) telling me if I signed up in the next 24 hours I would've gotten this month's bag. So you could just unsub for the month you don't want... hopefully the WL won't block you ^^;;


It looks like the WL is still gone =] I looked and it said I will be billed on December 1st and get the Dec bag. Yay! I'm pretty excited =]

post #19 of 1207

Pretty much the day after I got my bag (and played with all my pretty new makeup) I was like... "OK, that was fun... I wonder what's going to be in December's bag?"

 

I'm trying not to get my expectations up too high, but the one thing I don't want is 3-4 months in a row of Nailtini polishes in different colors, like they did with the Andrea's Circus polish.  It was a nifty idea, but I get the bag to try new things, not amass a collection of one particular brand.

 

That being said, I'm super-duper excited, I'm sure they'll do something amazing for their one year anniversary!  And I love this board because you all are such amazing detective! You have the items all figured out and analyzed before I can even look at the first sneak peek and think "hmmmm.... maybe that's a lipgloss?"  I'm truly amazed. icon_salut.gif

post #20 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Pretty much the day after I got my bag (and played with all my pretty new makeup) I was like... "OK, that was fun... I wonder what's going to be in December's bag?"

Yeah - that pretty much explains me.  I'm like a kid on Christmas - YAY this toy rocks...wait another box for me to open...YAY this toy rocks..what's in the other box..are there more boxes? 

post #21 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mks8372 View Post

uggh, you guys...I was hoping I could convince myself to cancel this sub for a while because I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with my sample stockpile and it wouldn't hurt to save $10 a month with my student loan payment starting in December but...now...I just can't cancel it!!!!!!  I would be too disappointed if it was an awesome bag!

 

Eek! Mine is starting next month too! I'm keeping $20 a month dedicated to BB and Ipsy though. I love the fun of subscriptions and sampling random products too much to stop. Lol.

post #22 of 1207

I'm with you guys, I have so many samples its ridiculous! But I love the idea of getting a package in the mail lol

I'm on a no buy this month so that has really helped me in using up all my samples.

post #23 of 1207
I keep on planning to cancel my ipsy account but I get the bag and its sooooo amazing that I can't help but to keep it. After December, I really feel like I need to cut back- I'm subbed to too many what to do- I have 2 bb, ipsy, glossybox and pop sugar- that $90 a month for pure excitement and happiness- it's not too bad. We're thinking about moving so I need to cut back for my dream home- decisions decisions.....
post #24 of 1207

Yeah, instead of my plan to cancel Ipsy....I signed up for glossybox a couple of days ago. Help me!!  I try to convince myself that it is coming from my entertainment budget...every budget has to make room for entertainment, right :)  Who needs groceries?? lol

post #25 of 1207

I try to limit myself to one of each "kind" of subscription, and gave myself a total monthly budget of $30.  It really makes me choose the best values. So my current subscriptions are:

 

Ipsy (of course) this is the best beauty one.  Birchbox has kept me waiting on their list for several weeks now, but they have "invited" me to spend $58 on a special holiday box! I've seen so many disappointing reviews for them, that I'm not going to accept the subscription offer when they do get around to sending it.  I love that Ipsy sends large samples or full-size products. No tiny foil packets here!  Therefore, they get my business

 

Goodies Box is my food subscription.  It's in Beta testing right now, it's only $7/mo, and it's huge next to the Love with Food box.  It took a few weeks to get an invite, but I've yet to see a bad review, and you can't beat the price!

 

Citrus Lane (baby/toddler products) - Normally, I would never get this box, it's $25 a month!  However, I got the $35 Groupon for 3 months as a Christmas gift for my toddler.  No matter how much I love it, I will be cancelling after the three months.  Not only is it too expensive, my little one is on the upper end of their age range, so it wouldn't be useful for very long.  I'm not counting this as part of my monthly totals, as it was purchased as a gift.

 

Love Club Box (Indie/Crafty stuff) - $12/mo. I'm on the waiting list.  I'm really hoping to get in soon, as I LOVE every box I've been able to find a review on.  Keeping my fingers crossed for an invite!

 

So, once everything's figured out, I'm getting Ipsy ($10), Goodies ($7), and Love Club ($12), total $29/mo.  This keeps me within budget, gives me a wide variety of stuff to try every month, and I'm convinced I've found the best boxes in each category.  I'd love to hear what everyone else is getting!  Do you set a monthly budget to spend on boxes? Do you get all beauty or try to spread your subscriptions out over other categories?  Sorry, I'm sure this is a bit off topic, but it's always fun to hear about what everyone else gets!

post #26 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

I try to limit myself to one of each "kind" of subscription, and gave myself a total monthly budget of $30.  It really makes me choose the best values. So my current subscriptions are:

Ipsy (of course) this is the best beauty one.  Birchbox has kept me waiting on their list for several weeks now, but they have "invited" me to spend $58 on a special holiday box! I've seen so many disappointing reviews for them, that I'm not going to accept the subscription offer when they do get around to sending it.  I love that Ipsy sends large samples or full-size products. No tiny foil packets here!  Therefore, they get my business

Goodies Box is my food subscription.  It's in Beta testing right now, it's only $7/mo, and it's huge next to the Love with Food box.  It took a few weeks to get an invite, but I've yet to see a bad review, and you can't beat the price!

Citrus Lane (baby/toddler products) - Normally, I would never get this box, it's $25 a month!  However, I got the $35 Groupon for 3 months as a Christmas gift for my toddler.  No matter how much I love it, I will be cancelling after the three months.  Not only is it too expensive, my little one is on the upper end of their age range, so it wouldn't be useful for very long.  I'm not counting this as part of my monthly totals, as it was purchased as a gift.

Love Club Box (Indie/Crafty stuff) - $12/mo. I'm on the waiting list.  I'm really hoping to get in soon, as I LOVE every box I've been able to find a review on.  Keeping my fingers crossed for an invite!

So, once everything's figured out, I'm getting Ipsy ($10), Goodies ($7), and Love Club ($12), total $29/mo.  This keeps me within budget, gives me a wide variety of stuff to try every month, and I'm convinced I've found the best boxes in each category.  I'd love to hear what everyone else is getting!  Do you set a monthly budget to spend on boxes? Do you get all beauty or try to spread your subscriptions out over other categories?  Sorry, I'm sure this is a bit off topic, but it's always fun to hear about what everyone else gets!

I'm a beauty junkie... I have serious issues...lol! I'm subbed to mostly all beauty boxes (2 bb, ipsy, glossybox and popsugar) Popsugar is my fav and of course the most expensive ($35) it usually has at least 1 beauty product and so many other fun items- scarves, bracelets, wine glasses, spices, etc. . I have so many products and I'm constantly- like everyday- trying new things- it's sooo much fun! After the holidays- I'm cutting my monthly budget down to $50 from $90.

Sorry ladies for getting off topic- I'm so excited for December ipsy- fingers crossed we get a UD product- when do we usually see our first spoiler?
post #27 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

I've heard some whisperings on what MIGHT be in the December bag - some from members here who saw the video Michelle posted and some from insiders at Ipsy - and while I don't know the EXACT contents of the December at this time what I've been told is that it will be a fantastic bag comparable to the bag sent out in December 2011. So personally I'm super excited for December's bag. I hope it's a deep red or hunter green or silver plush bag perfect colors for the winter. I'll be even more happy if it has a strap to turn it into a wristlet.

What was the December 2011 bag like? After reading your post I was thinking I may have to sign up!

post #28 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

I keep on planning to cancel my ipsy account but I get the bag and its sooooo amazing that I can't help but to keep it. After December, I really feel like I need to cut back- I'm subbed to too many what to do- I have 2 bb, ipsy, glossybox and pop sugar- that $90 a month for pure excitement and happiness- it's not too bad. We're thinking about moving so I need to cut back for my dream home- decisions decisions.....

Curious as to why so many people get multiple BB's. Aren't the boxes pretty much duplicates? Or do you fill out different beauty profiles for each, just to shake it up?

post #29 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

Curious as to why so many people get multiple BB's. Aren't the boxes pretty much duplicates? Or do you fill out different beauty profiles for each, just to shake it up?

 

It seems like people aim to get more of the variety of samples that BB offers each month. From what I've seen, duplicates aren't wanted but two different boxes are what people hope for (especially if that gives them a higher chance to get the coveted samples that month).

 

For me, it's harder to wrap my head around getting multiple Ipsy subscriptions than multiple BBs, but a lot of people like to do it for the different shades of makeup or to try to get both products in the either/or category.

post #30 of 1207
Thread Starter 
When do you guys think we'll here about the next months box
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › December 2012 Ipsy bag