or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › December 2012 Ipsy bag

December 2012 Ipsy bag - Page 40

post #1171 of 1207

Can someone who has had customer service experience with Ipsy let me know if this is a "normal" interaction?  I emailed them Monday after speaking to the post office about my Ipsy bag which was shown as delivered on 12/13 at 1:58pm.  It took them 2 days to answer (they did warn it would be over 24 and could be higher due to volume).  This was their response to my email stating my package showed delivered and I spoke with the post office.

 

Because of the holidays, we've been seeing major delays in both tracking updates and shipping time. Your bag is most likely out for delivery which point the status is often changed to delivered regardless. If you haven't received your Glam Bag in the coming week, please get in touch and I will take care of it for you. 
Thanks for your patience in this matter!

 

I spoke with someone I know who works for USPS to ask if they can show it delivered but not deliver it and they said if they scan it delivered it should have been delivered.  I feel that having to wait 2 weeks after it shows my bag being delivered for a replacement or a "taking care of for you" (whatever that means).

 

Maybe I am just stressed because of the holiday and I should be happy they respond, unlike some customer service (that's for you GB).  TIA! 

post #1172 of 1207

My packages are sometimes scanned as delivered even when they're not, I don't know why but it usually takes two days after being 'delivered' to actually get a notice slip in my po box.

post #1173 of 1207

I've had packages scan they were delivered and not get them until the next day,.
 

post #1174 of 1207

I can understand the next day or a day or 2.  But tomorrow it is going on 7 week days or 6 days that the post office actually delivers.  The fact that they want me to wait till the end of the week after following up with the post office is what is frustrating.

post #1175 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepink View Post

I can understand the next day or a day or 2.  But tomorrow it is going on 7 week days or 6 days that the post office actually delivers.  The fact that they want me to wait till the end of the week after following up with the post office is what is frustrating.


Jenn, what part of socal are you in? I am also in socal and I haven't even gotten notice or a bag, the tracking number they provided me after I emailed them doesn't even work,  I wonder if it is a problem with us socal people?

post #1176 of 1207

Finally had the time to blog about my bag LOL 

 

Anyway, onto my goodies:

 

700

 

more info and pics on my blog..

If you follow me I'll follow you back ;)

post #1177 of 1207

I am in San Diego.  The tracking shows delivered on 12/13 at 1:58pm.  I showed my mail man the hot pink envelope and he was like "um you get a lot of those!"  He states he thinks he might have delivered it but with so many packages he cannot remember :(

 

I just hope they can send another one or give me my money back!  I hope yours shows up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyawesomelvn View Post


Jenn, what part of socal are you in? I am also in socal and I haven't even gotten notice or a bag, the tracking number they provided me after I emailed them doesn't even work,  I wonder if it is a problem with us socal people?

post #1178 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepink View Post

I am in San Diego.  The tracking shows delivered on 12/13 at 1:58pm.  I showed my mail man the hot pink envelope and he was like "um you get a lot of those!"  He states he thinks he might have delivered it but with so many packages he cannot remember :(

 

I just hope they can send another one or give me my money back!  I hope yours shows up soon!

I feel your pain ladies with my PopSugar sub.  I live in VA, always last to get my PopSugar box, which ships from CA.  On the flip side I'm first to get my Ipsy sub since they ship from NC.  I got it the same day my shipping notice was emailed to me. 

post #1179 of 1207

Grrr.... not happy person now.  My December Ipsy bag was missing of all things my UD liner.  I emailed them and they sent me a new one which

I received today in the usual pink bubble mailer..... totally smashed and unusable...my hands are still stained black from pulling it out of the mailer.

I sent them an email with a photo attached and they "can't" send me another due to their policy of only replacing one item per bag per month.  Very frustrating

as this was an item I really wanted to try and I've never had any problems with missing or damaged items before (not like it's habitual)...and I even sent photo proof.  icon_sad.gif

post #1180 of 1207

well...technically they'd be only replacing it once since you didn't get it in the first place! and I'm sorry to hear that, if I were you I'd keep on fighting for it, and say that, they only send it to you once and if they do replace it that would be the only time they replaced it, cuz you didn't get it before 

post #1181 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by cskeiser View Post

Grrr.... not happy person now.  My December Ipsy bag was missing of all things my UD liner.  I emailed them and they sent me a new one which

I received today in the usual pink bubble mailer..... totally smashed and unusable...my hands are still stained black from pulling it out of the mailer.

I sent them an email with a photo attached and they "can't" send me another due to their policy of only replacing one item per bag per month.  Very frustrating

as this was an item I really wanted to try and I've never had any problems with missing or damaged items before (not like it's habitual)...and I even sent photo proof.  icon_sad.gif

 

Contact Urban Decay about it and see if maybe they can replace it.

post #1182 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

Contact Urban Decay about it and see if maybe they can replace it.

 

Thanks for the idea, guess that will be my next step.

post #1183 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetahchirps View Post

I tried the gloss and even though it didn't dry out my lips and looked alright on my lips per se, it added a yellowish tint to my teeth, so I don't think it would enhance cool complexions for the most part. Not enough blue in that tint.

 

I like the eyeshadow-I received the Mocha Pearl, and I'm pretty sure that shades like these work well with blue eyes. I'll be giving the eyeliner to someone because I don't do black and have too many of that color anyway, but UD is a fantastic brand.

 

I'm wary of the highlighter due to shade, and the primer because of the 'cones, so the bag is good but not totally usable. And I just realized that even though I've really liked a few of the things I've received in previous bags, I've never used any of them! So maybe the theory about Ipsy using the "extra" incentive to get people to use their products in demos is on the money.

 

I was able to order the free Sultra Iron today as a gift for giving a gift subscription. Now that's an extra to get excited about since even at a discount it almost pays for the gift! Ipsy customer service has also been impressing me lately.

How do you know you're able to get the flat iron? I ordered a gift sub and no info about that yet....

post #1184 of 1207

I think you only get a gift when you order a 6 month and 1/2 year subscription, you have to log in to see the details though.

https://www.ipsy.com/giveagift

post #1185 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoru View Post

I think you only get a gift when you order a 6 month and 1/2 year subscription, you have to log in to see the details though.

https://www.ipsy.com/giveagift

6 months is 1/2 a year....I think you mean 1 or 2 years :)

post #1186 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

6 months is 1/2 a year....I think you mean 1 or 2 years smile.gif
She prolly ment 1-2 lol smile.gif
post #1187 of 1207

I did buy a 1 year sub, I didn't get any info about the flat iron yet.

post #1188 of 1207

Yes that's what I meant to say, I forgot that would make it look like half a year though lol

post #1189 of 1207

I am very unhappy with Ipsy right now. I have never had an issue with them before. Well, I moved on December 1st and I changed my address with Ipsy right after that. And my husband gets a bag in his name, which we never changed the address for. We thought it would get forwarded this month and he would change the info when he had a chance. Well, we were wrong. After we investigated we found out that both bags got sent back to Ipsy. Easy fix right? Send out new bags to us. Well, I sent them two separate emails with the tracking information so they would know what I was talking about. They got to me on one of them after I complained on their Facebook wall, and this is what I got:

 

Hi Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear you did not receive your December Glam Bag. In looking at the history on your account, I do show that you updated your address, but it was after the 1st. We send all orders to our warehouse to begin processing on the 1st of each month, so we ask for everyone to make sure their address is correct on by that date. I'm happy to make an exception and send you a replacement for this month since you have been such a great customer. Please confirm your address for me and we'll get it out to you as soon as our warehouse is back from the holiday break.

Best,
Jennifer

 

First of all, I couldn't change my address on or before the first because I hadn't moved yet and I couldn't change my billing info either.Secondly, she acts like she's doing me a favor. I paid for the bloody thing! And it was sent back to them so they're not out anything. I'm still waiting for a response on the second bag.

post #1190 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hezzie View Post

I am very unhappy with Ipsy right now. I have never had an issue with them before. Well, I moved on December 1st and I changed my address with Ipsy right after that. And my husband gets a bag in his name, which we never changed the address for. We thought it would get forwarded this month and he would change the info when he had a chance. Well, we were wrong. After we investigated we found out that both bags got sent back to Ipsy. Easy fix right? Send out new bags to us. Well, I sent them two separate emails with the tracking information so they would know what I was talking about. They got to me on one of them after I complained on their Facebook wall, and this is what I got:

 

Hi Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear you did not receive your December Glam Bag. In looking at the history on your account, I do show that you updated your address, but it was after the 1st. We send all orders to our warehouse to begin processing on the 1st of each month, so we ask for everyone to make sure their address is correct on by that date. I'm happy to make an exception and send you a replacement for this month since you have been such a great customer. Please confirm your address for me and we'll get it out to you as soon as our warehouse is back from the holiday break.

Best,
Jennifer

 

First of all, I couldn't change my address on or before the first because I hadn't moved yet and I couldn't change my billing info either.Secondly, she acts like she's doing me a favor. I paid for the bloody thing! And it was sent back to them so they're not out anything. I'm still waiting for a response on the second bag.

 

In their defense, if you knew that you'd be out of your place by the time Ipsy delivered, I would've updated my address anyways or chose to have all mail forwarded instead of sent back. I totally get your frustration, but there's no way they could've done anything since it all gets processed so early, right? At least they're sending you the bag anyways. They could've said no, sorry - here's a refund. It just looks to me that the fault isn't all their own. Cheers to good customer service. I'm sure you'll love the bag! Annnnnd, think of it this way - you'll get Dec & Jan right around the same time. BAM! Double the fun. 

post #1191 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

 

In their defense, if you knew that you'd be out of your place by the time Ipsy delivered, I would've updated my address anyways or chose to have all mail forwarded instead of sent back. I totally get your frustration, but there's no way they could've done anything since it all gets processed so early, right? At least they're sending you the bag anyways. They could've said no, sorry - here's a refund. It just looks to me that the fault isn't all their own. Cheers to good customer service. I'm sure you'll love the bag! Annnnnd, think of it this way - you'll get Dec & Jan right around the same time. BAM! Double the fun. 


Couldn't agree more. It falls upon the person to change their address/personal info ahead of time. Forwarding is a great idea too and usually only requires a simple form and a weeks notice. I know it's all a terrible pain in the pants though on top of all of the other moving hassles. It was really nice of Ipsy to send a new one anyway. +1 for them claps.gif

post #1192 of 1207

Has anyone recently tried to be/get in touch with Ipsy?  I sent them an email on 12/18.  I recieved a response on 12/19.  Was asked to wait another week before contacting them.  Contacted them on 12/27.  Still no response.  I gave them that with the holidays they may be busy and emailed them again on 1/2/13 and still no response.  I never recieved my December bag and would like to know if they are going to send me a new one or refund me my money.

post #1193 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepink View Post

Has anyone recently tried to be/get in touch with Ipsy?  I sent them an email on 12/18.  I recieved a response on 12/19.  Was asked to wait another week before contacting them.  Contacted them on 12/27.  Still no response.  I gave them that with the holidays they may be busy and emailed them again on 1/2/13 and still no response.  I never recieved my December bag and would like to know if they are going to send me a new one or refund me my money.

I sent them a message  in December about not getting my November bag. They sent a message saying that they would send a new one and when they sent tracking it was to a bag that was delivered in Nevada im in Germany. I wrote to them and finally got my November bag December 24. I also let them know I had not received my December bag. They said to wait two weeks and contact them if I still didnt have it. I contacted them after Christmas heard from them on the 27th saying that I should have my bag and to confirm my address so they can issue a replacement. I sent them the info and still have not heard back from them.

post #1194 of 1207

Thanks for the info.  I guess I will try and keep waiting patiently but it is hard when you paid money for something you have not received!  Hope they get back to you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

I sent them a message  in December about not getting my November bag. They sent a message saying that they would send a new one and when they sent tracking it was to a bag that was delivered in Nevada im in Germany. I wrote to them and finally got my November bag December 24. I also let them know I had not received my December bag. They said to wait two weeks and contact them if I still didnt have it. I contacted them after Christmas heard from them on the 27th saying that I should have my bag and to confirm my address so they can issue a replacement. I sent them the info and still have not heard back from them.

post #1195 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepink View Post

Thanks for the info.  I guess I will try and keep waiting patiently but it is hard when you paid money for something you have not received!  Hope they get back to you soon!

Hopefully they will get back to you soon. I understand how you feel, I paid for a yearly sub and have had a problem with every bag since I started. I will keep you posted when I hear from them. Good luck!

post #1196 of 1207

I decided instead of responding to the email from them that had been sent to me, to go back to the Ipsy website and fill out a new form.  I cut and pasted all my emails into one form and asked that I be contacted.  Hopefully that works!  What a bummer with a yearly sub and monthly issues!  I have been fortunate in never having to contact them in my 10 months as subsriber but I had heard from people here on the forum they have "good" customer service.  Apparently they take after BB then in deciding who is lucky enough to receive it because I have not been lucky enough!

 

I hope you get it worked out!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

Hopefully they will get back to you soon. I understand how you feel, I paid for a yearly sub and have had a problem with every bag since I started. I will keep you posted when I hear from them. Good luck!

post #1197 of 1207

After 10 days I heard back from them today. It was the  standard resonse:

 

Thank you for confirming your shipping address. We will send a replacement out to you right away. We batch all of our accommodation orders before sending them to our warehouse, so it could take 1 to 2 weeks to receive your replacement item. Your tracking number will be emailed to you once your package ships. We appreciate your understanding, and thank you for your continued support of ipsy!
 :::::Please rate my response: http://www.nicereply.com/ipsy/10454690/59174:::::
 xoxo,
Elizabeth

 

I hope I get my December bag sometime soon and hopefully my January bag will be on time. So far customer service at birchbox has been much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepink View Post

I decided instead of responding to the email from them that had been sent to me, to go back to the Ipsy website and fill out a new form.  I cut and pasted all my emails into one form and asked that I be contacted.  Hopefully that works!  What a bummer with a yearly sub and monthly issues!  I have been fortunate in never having to contact them in my 10 months as subsriber but I had heard from people here on the forum they have "good" customer service.  Apparently they take after BB then in deciding who is lucky enough to receive it because I have not been lucky enough!

 

I hope you get it worked out!  

post #1198 of 1207

Finally got my December bag (after having it stolen from my mailbox and a month of back and forth with customer service).  I got the NYX in pale pink (woot).  Zero and highlight papers will go up for trade.  

 

Is it just me or was the bag way smaller than pictures? I expected the dome (?) of it to be taller, bigger or something.  It is still a cute sturdy bag just not what I was expecting!  

post #1199 of 1207

Yeah, I've been a member since November, so of the three bags I have - Nov, Dec, and Jan, December's was the shortest one. Cute, but short.

post #1200 of 1207

Loved the bag in December!  It was my first month as a subscriber to Ipsy, and I was very pleased :)

 

(Link removed, please read the Terms of Service.)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › December 2012 Ipsy bag