or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › December 2012 Ipsy bag

December 2012 Ipsy bag - Page 2

post #31 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

Curious as to why so many people get multiple BB's. Aren't the boxes pretty much duplicates? Or do you fill out different beauty profiles for each, just to shake it up?

in 9 months having two subscription I have gotten maybe 4 duplicate samples out of about 55 or so. Basically I adjusted one profile to blonde, one to brown (since technically I have both at once) one I have oily skin and on acne. etc, each profile is 100% true, just slightly different. One of my boxes always ends up being the "coveted" box of that month, it goes back and forth as to which account gets the "better" box. I get a whole broad spectrum of samples, its awesome. 

post #32 of 1207

I'm hoping that the December bag will be delivered to everyone before Christmas. I'm not going to look at any sneak peaks for December's bag (hopefully, I always cave in lol). I want to put it under the tree and open Christmas morning! I think that would be so fun =]

 

I also hope we don't get a bunch of nailtini nail polishes, I ended up with all of the Andrea's Choice ones and I am honestly not a fan.

post #33 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by morre22 View Post

I'm hoping that the December bag will be delivered to everyone before Christmas. I'm not going to look at any sneak peaks for December's bag (hopefully, I always cave in lol). I want to put it under the tree and open Christmas morning! I think that would be so fun =]

 

I also hope we don't get a bunch of nailtini nail polishes, I ended up with all of the Andrea's Choice ones and I am honestly not a fan.

I wouldn't be able to do that!

 

 

Although they did just give us sparkly nail polish and I already own one - I can see silver sparkle nail polish for Dec or Jan.

 

 I love my Color Club one in Platinum Record.  The sparkles go from super tiny to larger six sided polygons.  I love using it for an accent nail and sometimes all of my nails when I am feeling festive.  

post #34 of 1207
Thread Starter 

I won't wait till Christmas to open it...I know it. I want as many days of Christmas as i can GET! 

post #35 of 1207

Care to share any of the whisperings?  I do not even care if they pan out, I am just psyched!
 

post #36 of 1207
Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

I hope it's a deep red or hunter green or silver plush bag perfect colors for the winter. I'll be even more happy if it has a strap to turn it into a wristlet.

 

Red, green and silver are my faves!! smile.gif I was watching that video of Michelle Phan about her day's work (I forgot the title) and they showed an inspiration board.

I spotted there one of Amber's (Fairest of the mall) suggestion of the chevron print bag pinned to their board. They really check on suggestions! Weeee!!  icon_cheers.gif

post #37 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPretty949 View Post

Red, green and silver are my faves!! smile.gif I was watching that video of Michelle Phan about her day's work (I forgot the title) and they showed an inspiration board.
I spotted there one of Amber's (Fairest of the mall) suggestion of the chevron print bag pinned to their board. They really check on suggestions! Weeee!!  icon_cheers.gif

I couldn't help but giggle at fairest of the mall.
post #38 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

in 9 months having two subscription I have gotten maybe 4 duplicate samples out of about 55 or so. Basically I adjusted one profile to blonde, one to brown (since technically I have both at once) one I have oily skin and on acne. etc, each profile is 100% true, just slightly different. One of my boxes always ends up being the "coveted" box of that month, it goes back and forth as to which account gets the "better" box. I get a whole broad spectrum of samples, its awesome. 

Thank you for the tip!

post #39 of 1207

Dec is my birthday month so im hopeing for UD as well

post #40 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPretty949 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

I hope it's a deep red or hunter green or silver plush bag perfect colors for the winter. I'll be even more happy if it has a strap to turn it into a wristlet.

 

Red, green and silver are my faves!! smile.gif I was watching that video of Michelle Phan about her day's work (I forgot the title) and they showed an inspiration board.

I spotted there one of Amber's (Fairest of the mall) suggestion of the chevron print bag pinned to their board. They really check on suggestions! Weeee!!  icon_cheers.gif

 

Oh yes they do. They are really good about listening to people and trying to fulfill our request.

post #41 of 1207

I've kept my June resolution; I haven't bit my nails since June when I joined Julep Maven! I keep polish on my nails most days, when I get a broken nail on occasion I trim immediately so I don't get the urge to bite, and if I can do it, anyone can do it!

post #42 of 1207

I am thinking about signing up for Ipsy...especially since it seems like the December bag is going to be special. (we hope).

Question, when I filled out my profile we had to pick which style consultant/advisor we liked the best. I have no clue who is who, so I just picked them all. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

post #43 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLeah View Post

I am thinking about signing up for Ipsy...especially since it seems like the December bag is going to be special. (we hope).

Question, when I filled out my profile we had to pick which style consultant/advisor we liked the best. I have no clue who is who, so I just picked them all. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

 

Honestly, I'm not sure it really matters because they send pretty much the same thing to everyone with some variations in color.  The November box had black or brown eyeliner (my guess is that was based on your coloring), and some people received mascara while others received brow gel (no clue how that was determined), but I don't think the style consultant/advisor is relevant to anything at the moment.  The lip gloss, nail polish, and eye shadow were exactly the same for everyone.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out the variations in bags were completely random.

post #44 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

 

Honestly, I'm not sure it really matters because they send pretty much the same thing to everyone with some variations in color.  The November box had black or brown eyeliner (my guess is that was based on your coloring), and some people received mascara while others received brow gel (no clue how that was determined), but I don't think the style consultant/advisor is relevant to anything at the moment.  The lip gloss, nail polish, and eye shadow were exactly the same for everyone.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out the variations in bags were completely random.

Thank you for your insight. Appreciate it!

post #45 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

in 9 months having two subscription I have gotten maybe 4 duplicate samples out of about 55 or so. Basically I adjusted one profile to blonde, one to brown (since technically I have both at once) one I have oily skin and on acne. etc, each profile is 100% true, just slightly different. One of my boxes always ends up being the "coveted" box of that month, it goes back and forth as to which account gets the "better" box. I get a whole broad spectrum of samples, its awesome. 

That sounds like a great system! Thank you for your help.

post #46 of 1207

What about blue for the season? I love seeing blue christmas lights on houses, they're my absolute FAVORITE. If I were Ipsy, I'd try to steer away from using red and green together - mainly because while I wouldn't mind, I do celebrate Christmas, those colors are closely associated with that holiday and with such a diverse group of consumers, I know that some people would have an issue with red & green if they do not celebrate Christmas. And nobody in particular is necessarily asking for red and green to be the color scheme for the bag. I'm really reading into it, I know.

 

What if we had a sparkly silver or red or blue bag eek.gif

 

Props to morre22 for wanting to wait until Christmas..... NOT ME! =P

post #47 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

What about blue for the season? I love seeing blue christmas lights on houses, they're my absolute FAVORITE. If I were Ipsy, I'd try to steer away from using red and green together - mainly because while I wouldn't mind, I do celebrate Christmas, those colors are closely associated with that holiday and with such a diverse group of consumers, I know that some people would have an issue with red & green if they do not celebrate Christmas. And nobody in particular is necessarily asking for red and green to be the color scheme for the bag. I'm really reading into it, I know.

 

What if we had a sparkly silver or red or blue bag eek.gif

 

Props to morre22 for wanting to wait until Christmas..... NOT ME! =P

YESYESYES on the stay-away-from-red-and-green-together thing.  Christmas makes me tense because, well, not a Christian, but something just generally wintery is awesome.  I would vote for blue, silver, or forest green.  In my area, pretty much all of the plants lose color -- except the *huge* number of evergreen trees and shrubbery.  During the rest of the year, there are tons of flowers in all colors, but in the winter, it's all green all the time.  And blue and silver?  The northern hemisphere has a *lot* of night during the winter (blue), and in places that get snow, everything is shiny white (silver since just plain old white is *boring*, not to mention a dirt/stain magnet).  A nice pale champagne gold (something along the line of a cool-toned highlighter) would be nice, too, for a get-ready-for-New-Year's theme.  I can actually see them going more for a New Year's theme than a Christmas theme specifically because of the religious slant of the latter.  

post #48 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

YESYESYES on the stay-away-from-red-and-green-together thing.  Christmas makes me tense because, well, not a Christian, but something just generally wintery is awesome.  I would vote for blue, silver, or forest green.  In my area, pretty much all of the plants lose color -- except the *huge* number of evergreen trees and shrubbery.  During the rest of the year, there are tons of flowers in all colors, but in the winter, it's all green all the time.  And blue and silver?  The northern hemisphere has a *lot* of night during the winter (blue), and in places that get snow, everything is shiny white (silver since just plain old white is *boring*, not to mention a dirt/stain magnet).  A nice pale champagne gold (something along the line of a cool-toned highlighter) would be nice, too, for a get-ready-for-New-Year's theme.  I can actually see them going more for a New Year's theme than a Christmas theme specifically because of the religious slant of the latter.  

 

ahhaa my dad is a staunch catholic, and my mom totally non religious, but she is sooo much more into Christmas, obviously the secular bits, but she is 1000x more festive than my dad.

post #49 of 1207

I would love to see like a quilted red, silver, or blue. Quilted silver and red stuff just always makes me think of winter and warm coats. (Hi btw! New around these parts)

post #50 of 1207

I like the idea of hunter green and silver (Kinda like snow on the evergreen trees - the one of the few trees that stay green.)

 

 

I would LOVE to get something kinda minty (like a lip gloss/chap stick)

Maybe something fun for the hair (hair band or a jeweled barrette)

 

 

I am sure they already have everything set up and made up for awhile now though. 

 

I'm curious how far they have the bag ideas set up until (like they have now to march figured out).

post #51 of 1207

Another vote here for a silver bag! 

post #52 of 1207

i'm just a girl who loves my sparkle...as long as the bag has that, I don't really think there's a way for me to be unhappy! Lol

post #53 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

i'm just a girl who loves my sparkle...as long as the bag has that, I don't really think there's a way for me to be unhappy! Lol

I'm with you!

post #54 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

i'm just a girl who loves my sparkle...as long as the bag has that, I don't really think there's a way for me to be unhappy! Lol


I like this! Sparkles make me happy sunshine.gif

post #55 of 1207
Thread Starter 

Guys lets get back to talking about what you've heard that's supposed to be in the next bag im excited

post #56 of 1207

I vote for a black lace bag. its wintery and festive without being selective of the holiday. :) all inclusive!

1000

post #57 of 1207

Yes! I loveeee lace :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

I vote for a black lace bag. its wintery and festive without being selective of the holiday. :) all inclusive!

1000

post #58 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

I vote for a black lace bag. its wintery and festive without being selective of the holiday. :) all inclusive!

1000

 

I like this - A LOT. 

post #59 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

I vote for a black lace bag. its wintery and festive without being selective of the holiday. :) all inclusive!

1000


I agree! I have a black laced purse and it does go with everything! Great suggestion!wink3.gif

post #60 of 1207
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

I vote for a black lace bag. its wintery and festive without being selective of the holiday. :) all inclusive!

1000

Oooh, lovely suggestion! Lace is always fabulous.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › December 2012 Ipsy bag