Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could explain to me what BB cream is. I see it everywhere but I don't know what it's purpose is. I know it s like a foundation but what is the difference?
- categoryFoundationtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Beauty New Years Resolutions Last post on Today at 9:13 am in Makeup Talk
- FOTD - December 13, 2013 Last post on Today at 7:07 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Makeup for hair up or down? Last post on Yesterday at 2:27 pm in Makeup Talk
- FOTD - December 12, 2013 Last post on Today at 7:02 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- My makeup goes everywhere! Last post on Yesterday at 6:31 pm in Makeup Talk
Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You Didn't Plan On It
Last edited: 12/2/13
- The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First?Last edited: 12/2/13
- The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First?Last edited: 12/2/13
- Makeup For MenLast edited: 10/1/13
- Foundation Matching MythsLast edited: 7/12/13
I think Ipsy is super fun and just a blast. There are always full size items in there, the samples are large, no foils and a cute bag to boot! I'm very happy with Ipsy and highly recommend them....
I bought this polish a few days ago. I have 295 "Fancy Fushia". It's a reddish pink (it looks red under low light or yellow light). It was cheap-ish (not the cheapest but also not as expensive as...
I love this cleanser and always have a tube in my makeup kit. I use it mainly on clients and find it works for all skin types. I find it really gets the skin squeaky clean as well, but at the same...
This palette is exactly what is claims to be. "Basics" you need it. I use it almost every day at least as a base for more dramatic eyes, or by itself if i want a very natural look. I also sometimes...
Love this brush, sooo soft, never sheds, easy to clean, and it's great not just for powder but for liquid foundation too. It's the best, gives airbrush finish. I used to use MAC #190 on occasion,...
BB creamspost #1 of 1311/15/12 at 4:08pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1311/15/12 at 7:58pm
The official definition from Wikipedia:Quote:
BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, or beblesh balm (apparently because of a copyright in Korea on the word "blemish"), and in Western markets, beauty balm. It is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets
BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock.It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage
Here are some threads with explanations, recommendations and other help:
Here is a chart for one of the more popular brands and how to pick which to use: http://www.skin79northamerica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=101post #3 of 1311/15/12 at 8:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1311/16/12 at 1:55pmpost #5 of 1311/17/12 at 10:12am
I am using Estee Lauder's BB cream and I've replaced my usual foundation with it. While I still use cream under it, I like that you could just put the BB cream on your face (and I have when I've been in a hurry) and basically you have cream, sunscreen, and foundation on in one step! It's really great.
I think you have to experiment to find the BB cream that is right for you.post #6 of 1311/17/12 at 11:46am
I'm normally a Revlon ColorStay either liquid or whipped kinda girl but since it has gotten colder here (Northern Wisconsin) I've been using the Garnier Skin Renew BB and I gotta say I adore it! I did wear it a couple of times during the summer and it melted off it was so gross although I do highly recommend it for the colder months when you won't be sweating!
post #7 of 1311/18/12 at 6:58pmpost #8 of 1311/18/12 at 11:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1311/22/12 at 8:34pm
I absolutely love using BB Cream. You should definitely try a few brands! I've been using them for more than a year now and I have to say I can't turn back! I'm currently using daily Lioele's Waterdrop BB Cream. It's water based, so it feels really refreshing. It's light, but it's just got enough coverage to treat some redness. And you have to love the SPF that's built in! Try out a few brands because BB Creams vary considerably in coverage and consistency.post #10 of 1311/22/12 at 8:58pmpost #11 of 1311/22/12 at 9:22pmQuote:
Maybe you can try a CC cream. They're supposed to provide more coverage. I've read great reviews for the Wei one that was in Birchbox a few months back.post #12 of 1311/22/12 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 1311/22/12 at 9:25pm
- BB creams
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First?
- › Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette 52 seconds ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 1 minute ago
- › *Spoilers FabFitFun Winter 2013 box 1 minute ago
- › [SPOILERS] Secret Santa 2013 Presents Revealed! 6 minutes ago
- › Popsugar Box Swaps Monthly and Specials 7 minutes ago
- › (spoilers) Julep January 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Youtube beauty gurus and blogs. 9 minutes ago
- › December 2013 - No/Low Buy Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Secret Santa for NAILS 2013! 9 minutes ago
- › (Spoilers) Julep December 2013 10 minutes ago
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by GlamBabe
- › Rimmel London Lycra Pro by Pfff
- › Murad Clarifying Cleanser by SophiaSmart
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette by jellybeanjean
- › E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush by serenity77
- › NYX Powder Blush by ninalee
- › Les Nereides Oriental Lumpur Eau de Toilette by Bflopolska
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by numbersmom
- › Sephora Favorites Lip Service Lip Sampler Blockbuster by Hayden Gabba
- › Brazilian Peel Brazilian Peel™ 4 Applications by GlamBabe
- › IMATS 2014 Los Angeles Definitive Guide by Director
- › Printable Nail Decals Actually Work! Who Knew! by bowsandnails
- › Finally Nail Decals That Really Work!! by bowsandnails
- › Purse Hacks: Fixing Your Makeup When You... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Build Your Own Custom Palette by Airi Magdalene
- › Naked 3: The Palette You've Been Waiting... by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Eyeshadow First? by Airi Magdalene
- › The Debate: Foundation or Concealer First? by Airi Magdalene
- › Coordinating Your Makeup With Your Accessories by Airi Magdalene
- › If You Don't Do "Face of the... by Airi Magdalene