Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could explain to me what BB cream is. I see it everywhere but I don't know what it's purpose is. I know it s like a foundation but what is the difference?
- categoryFoundationtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's in your makeup bag? Fess up! Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Makeup Talk
- Smokey Sun Rise FOTD Last post on Today at 10:46 am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- How would you help cosmetics brands with your own ideas? Last post on Yesterday at 1:31 pm in Makeup Talk
- Bronzy FOTD Last post on 4/16/14 at 11:12am in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Face Off! High end vs Low end! Last post on Yesterday at 2:09 pm in Makeup Talk
Beauty Quackery Throughout History
Last edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Makeup That Will Survive A ConcertLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Apply Mascara and Powder - The Right WayLast edited: 2/12/14
- Decade in Makeup: The 70's.Last edited: 1/21/14
This is my all time favorite eyeshadow palette. I love all of Kat Von D's eyeshadows, but these are extra spectacular!Gorgeous colors!!!The 3 base shadows make it possible to make a never-ending...
This is by far my favorite subscription box. No other subscription I've tried compares as far as what comes inside the box itself. Some months are better than others, but I have found my...
I've been an Ipsy subscriber for about 7 months, and I'm going to drop my subscription. For me, there were two major downsides to the service: 1. Ipsy's focus is very much on the 'glam'. In...
I received this in a PopSugar box. I may be one of the few people NOT complaining about receiving it. I never would have tried this if it hadn't come in a sub box, but I am happy to have it. I'm...
I really do think L'Oreal has the best mascara products. I'm loving the new Butterfly Mascara. The wand shape is unique and works well to get those hard to reach end lashes. I'm not able to create...
BB creamspost #1 of 1311/15/12 at 4:08pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1311/15/12 at 7:58pm
The official definition from Wikipedia:Quote:
BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, or beblesh balm (apparently because of a copyright in Korea on the word "blemish"), and in Western markets, beauty balm. It is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets
BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock.It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage
Here are some threads with explanations, recommendations and other help:
Here is a chart for one of the more popular brands and how to pick which to use: http://www.skin79northamerica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=101post #3 of 1311/15/12 at 8:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1311/16/12 at 1:55pmpost #5 of 1311/17/12 at 10:12am
I am using Estee Lauder's BB cream and I've replaced my usual foundation with it. While I still use cream under it, I like that you could just put the BB cream on your face (and I have when I've been in a hurry) and basically you have cream, sunscreen, and foundation on in one step! It's really great.
I think you have to experiment to find the BB cream that is right for you.post #6 of 1311/17/12 at 11:46am
I'm normally a Revlon ColorStay either liquid or whipped kinda girl but since it has gotten colder here (Northern Wisconsin) I've been using the Garnier Skin Renew BB and I gotta say I adore it! I did wear it a couple of times during the summer and it melted off it was so gross although I do highly recommend it for the colder months when you won't be sweating!
post #7 of 1311/18/12 at 6:58pmpost #8 of 1311/18/12 at 11:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1311/22/12 at 8:34pm
I absolutely love using BB Cream. You should definitely try a few brands! I've been using them for more than a year now and I have to say I can't turn back! I'm currently using daily Lioele's Waterdrop BB Cream. It's water based, so it feels really refreshing. It's light, but it's just got enough coverage to treat some redness. And you have to love the SPF that's built in! Try out a few brands because BB Creams vary considerably in coverage and consistency.post #10 of 1311/22/12 at 8:58pmpost #11 of 1311/22/12 at 9:22pmQuote:
Maybe you can try a CC cream. They're supposed to provide more coverage. I've read great reviews for the Wei one that was in Birchbox a few months back.post #12 of 1311/22/12 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 1311/22/12 at 9:25pm
- BB creams
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For You
- › Popsugar Box Swaps Monthly and Specials 4 minutes ago
- › Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS 5 minutes ago
- › Ulta: Codes, Deals, Sales, and Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 10 minutes ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 10 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: April 2014 (Discussion/Spoilers) [merged] 10 minutes ago
- › Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service 11 minutes ago
- › Golden Tote 16 minutes ago
- › Glossybox April 2014 (Spoilers!!) 25 minutes ago
- › Birchbox Points: What did or will you buy? 27 minutes ago
- › Kat Von D Monarch Eyeshadow Palette by AmberDuff
- › Glossbox USA by Elizabeth Mac
- › Ipsy... beauty by you by Lyllis
- › Dial Moisturizing Vitamin Boost Amazing B Body Wash - 16 Oz by BrierReviewer
- › L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara, Blackest Black,... by BrierReviewer
- › Murad Active Radiance Serum 0.5 oz-Brand New, No Box by BrierReviewer
- › Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal 7 oz... by BrierReviewer
- › Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Luminous Light 0.35 oz by princess2010
- › Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse Taupe by Krystan
- › Hard Candy Lash Ink 4 Day Lash Stain by Director
- › Safety is important for cosmetic tube packaging by Auber Vincent
- › Disadvantage analysis of different types of... by Auber Vincent
- › Protect Your "Second Face" by Auber Vincent
- › Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette || Day to Night by ItsTheWifeLife
- › Makeup No-NO by Coyieworld
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene