Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could explain to me what BB cream is. I see it everywhere but I don't know what it's purpose is. I know it s like a foundation but what is the difference?
- categoryFoundationtagged by System, 11/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- An Olive in search of foundation Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 am in Makeup Talk
- FOTD PURPLE LOOK Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- A good BB-cream? Last post on 3/5/14 at 9:15am in Makeup Talk
- FOTD NATURAL/SULTRY LOOK Last post on 3/5/14 at 5:12pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Wake me up foundation? Last post on 3/5/14 at 2:39am in Makeup Talk
Beauty Quackery Throughout History
Last edited: 2/28/14
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For YouLast edited: 2/28/14
- Makeup That Will Survive A ConcertLast edited: 2/28/14
- How To Apply Mascara and Powder - The Right WayLast edited: 2/12/14
- Decade in Makeup: The 70's.Last edited: 1/21/14
The idea of this lip balm is fantastic. It's harder to lose than the traditional lip tube balms, which was one thing I absolutely loved. The smells were not overwhelming. What was a problem with me...
I bought this foundation because Benefit was doing a promotion for a free primer, which was a little baby size! I have combo/oily skin throughout most of the year but always get dry, flaky patches...
I think this face scrub is PERFECT for teens. This was the first have wash's I've bought when I was in high school, and I really enjoyed it. If you have sensitive skin, I do recommend that you...
I just bought this primer the other day for $20 at sephora for the full size. Mine is in a squeeze tube and not the actual bottle with the doe foot applicator. I like the tube better because I can...
I have used this product off and on for the last 2 years. I really like that the color on me is natural looking. It has good coverage. But its a bit too greasy (and I don't have oily skin). I would...
BB creamspost #1 of 1311/15/12 at 4:08pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1311/15/12 at 7:58pm
The official definition from Wikipedia:Quote:
BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, or beblesh balm (apparently because of a copyright in Korea on the word "blemish"), and in Western markets, beauty balm. It is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets
BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock.It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage
Here are some threads with explanations, recommendations and other help:
Here is a chart for one of the more popular brands and how to pick which to use: http://www.skin79northamerica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=101post #3 of 1311/15/12 at 8:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1311/16/12 at 1:55pmpost #5 of 1311/17/12 at 10:12am
I am using Estee Lauder's BB cream and I've replaced my usual foundation with it. While I still use cream under it, I like that you could just put the BB cream on your face (and I have when I've been in a hurry) and basically you have cream, sunscreen, and foundation on in one step! It's really great.
I think you have to experiment to find the BB cream that is right for you.post #6 of 1311/17/12 at 11:46am
I'm normally a Revlon ColorStay either liquid or whipped kinda girl but since it has gotten colder here (Northern Wisconsin) I've been using the Garnier Skin Renew BB and I gotta say I adore it! I did wear it a couple of times during the summer and it melted off it was so gross although I do highly recommend it for the colder months when you won't be sweating!
post #7 of 1311/18/12 at 6:58pmpost #8 of 1311/18/12 at 11:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1311/22/12 at 8:34pm
I absolutely love using BB Cream. You should definitely try a few brands! I've been using them for more than a year now and I have to say I can't turn back! I'm currently using daily Lioele's Waterdrop BB Cream. It's water based, so it feels really refreshing. It's light, but it's just got enough coverage to treat some redness. And you have to love the SPF that's built in! Try out a few brands because BB Creams vary considerably in coverage and consistency.post #10 of 1311/22/12 at 8:58pmpost #11 of 1311/22/12 at 9:22pmQuote:
Maybe you can try a CC cream. They're supposed to provide more coverage. I've read great reviews for the Wei one that was in Birchbox a few months back.post #12 of 1311/22/12 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 1311/22/12 at 9:25pm
- BB creams
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just Won't Work For You
- › Nail Polish you're wearing right now? 17 minutes ago
- › How to lose weight? 19 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: March 2014 (Discussion!) 19 minutes ago
- › How to lose weight fast. 28 minutes ago
- › Quarterly Co Nina Garcia 39 minutes ago
- › Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals! 44 minutes ago
- › Birchbox pick two mystery packs 46 minutes ago
- › BIRCHBOX March 2014 - Spoilers 49 minutes ago
- › Health & Fitness 53 minutes ago
- › difference between first, second, and third degree burns 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › EOS Organic Lip Balm Sphere-Summer Fruit by Rizzomorph
- › Benefit Cosmetics hello flawless oxygen wow! - IVORY by gingergirl12308
- › St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub by alwaysrennie
- › Urban Decay Primer Potion by gingergirl12308
- › Benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous Lite 0.34 oz by award04
- › Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, 3.7 ml / 0.12 oz by award04
- › Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser by BrierReviewer
- › NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick B52 by Kim Opal
- › Benefit They're Real! Mascara by JD Arias
- › Philosophy Purity made Simple by gingergirl12308
- › Discussion: Makeup Pet Peeves by Airi Magdalene
- › Beauty Quackery Throughout History by Airi Magdalene
- › Myths About Beauty And The Science to Dispel... by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Handle Days Where Makeup Just... by Airi Magdalene
- › Makeup That Will Survive A Concert by Airi Magdalene
- › What's The Deal With Cheek Palettes? by Airi Magdalene
- › Are Premade Palettes Worth It? by Airi Magdalene
- › Nail Art Stuff on a Budget by Airi Magdalene
- › The No-Manicure Manicure by Airi Magdalene
- › Don't Get Duped By Skincare by Airi Magdalene