Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could explain to me what BB cream is. I see it everywhere but I don't know what it's purpose is. I know it s like a foundation but what is the difference?
Related Forum Threads
- Setting Powder Foundation with More Powder? Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 pm in Makeup Talk
- FOTD: June 13th 2013 Last post on 6/13/13 at 6:29pm in FOTD - Face of the Day
- Best drugstore foundation? Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:26pm in Makeup Talk
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation NW35 Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:14pm in Foundations
- Drugstore foundation for light warm olive skin? Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:03am in Makeup Talk
How To Get A High Definition Face
Edited on 6/13/13
- Cover Up: Tinted Moisturizer or Foundation?Edited on 3/11/13
- Applying Foundation: Fingers or Brushes?Edited on 1/15/13
- How to Apply Liquid FoundationEdited on 12/4/12
- MakeupTalk Holiday Buying Guide (Staff Picks)Edited on 12/12/12
Its just a really great concealer as I said its light formula is light and not greasy at all its gone on easily, doesn't cake or go powdery like the old style ones. It blends so well with the...
I Love you. I'm sorry I cheated on you with MAC Matchmaster. But let's face it , I may cheat again because I am a product whore. Seriously though, this lasts ALL DAY on my oily skin, blends...
I own many of the Maybelline brand mascaras and this one is the best! I like use faux lashes to enhance my look and I noticed the Volum Express One by One helps me during the process! My natural...
Really great product! has never failed me, its so much easier to apply than liquid eyeliner and gives a beautiful dark dramatic look, great for a cat eye look
I love using this mascara, it really brings out my lashes and make them look so beautiful, full and BLACK!
BB creamspost #1 of 1311/15/12 at 4:08pmThread Starter
MakeupTalk.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1311/15/12 at 7:58pm
The official definition from Wikipedia:Quote:
BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, or beblesh balm (apparently because of a copyright in Korea on the word "blemish"), and in Western markets, beauty balm. It is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets
BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock.It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage
Here are some threads with explanations, recommendations and other help:
Here is a chart for one of the more popular brands and how to pick which to use: http://www.skin79northamerica.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=127&Itemid=101post #3 of 1311/15/12 at 8:01pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1311/16/12 at 1:55pmpost #5 of 1311/17/12 at 10:12am
I am using Estee Lauder's BB cream and I've replaced my usual foundation with it. While I still use cream under it, I like that you could just put the BB cream on your face (and I have when I've been in a hurry) and basically you have cream, sunscreen, and foundation on in one step! It's really great.
I think you have to experiment to find the BB cream that is right for you.post #6 of 1311/17/12 at 11:46am
I'm normally a Revlon ColorStay either liquid or whipped kinda girl but since it has gotten colder here (Northern Wisconsin) I've been using the Garnier Skin Renew BB and I gotta say I adore it! I did wear it a couple of times during the summer and it melted off it was so gross although I do highly recommend it for the colder months when you won't be sweating!
post #7 of 1311/18/12 at 6:58pmpost #8 of 1311/18/12 at 11:34pmThread Starterpost #9 of 1311/22/12 at 8:34pm
I absolutely love using BB Cream. You should definitely try a few brands! I've been using them for more than a year now and I have to say I can't turn back! I'm currently using daily Lioele's Waterdrop BB Cream. It's water based, so it feels really refreshing. It's light, but it's just got enough coverage to treat some redness. And you have to love the SPF that's built in! Try out a few brands because BB Creams vary considerably in coverage and consistency.post #10 of 1311/22/12 at 8:58pmpost #11 of 1311/22/12 at 9:22pmQuote:
Maybe you can try a CC cream. They're supposed to provide more coverage. I've read great reviews for the Wei one that was in Birchbox a few months back.post #12 of 1311/22/12 at 9:24pmpost #13 of 1311/22/12 at 9:25pm
- BB creams
MakeupTalk.com Top Picks
- Cover Up: Tinted Moisturizer or Foundation?
- › Influenster 7 seconds ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: June 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 9 minutes ago
- › Birchbox June 2013 29 minutes ago
- › Circular Swap Round Four(4) Sign-Ups 31 minutes ago
- › Circular Swap Round 4 FAQ & Discussion 34 minutes ago
- › Ipsy Glam Bag: July 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) 47 minutes ago
- › Most recent purchases? 56 minutes ago
- › Urban Decay 24/7 Vintage Eyeliners ON SALE! 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Birchbox July 2013 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Youtube Beauty Channels 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Revlon Colorstay Concealer by Lealea
- › Lancome Teint Idole ultra (14 hr) by glitteraddict
- › Maybelline Volum' Express One by One Waterproof Mascara -... by Makeupjnki32
- › Maybeline Eye Studio-Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner by AmandaDenise956
- › Maybelline New York Great Lash Big Washable Mascara, Blackest Black... by AmandaDenise956
- › Dior 5 Couleurs Graden Edition Couture Colour Eyeshadow # 841... by AmandaDenise956
- › Be A Bombshell Blush - Sweet Cheeks by StinaMarie
- › TRESemme TRES TWO Hair Spray Extra Hold by fashiongirl163
- › Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover by fashiongirl163
- › Z Palette PRO Black Large Palette by butterflygurl12
- › Eyebrow Maintenance: What Method Should You... by Airi Magdalene
- › Get The Trend: Summer Oranges by Airi Magdalene
- › How To Get A High Definition Face by Airi Magdalene
- › Base Makeup for Freckled Babes by Airi Magdalene
- › Great Ways to Save on High End Makeup by Airi Magdalene
- › Test-User Makeup Portfolio by Director
- › 3 Ways to Beat the Heat with Your Beauty Routine by Playedinloops
- › Better Quality Drugstore Dupes for High End... by Director
- › Summer makeup trend: pastel colors by Director
- › Selecting A Foundation Shade Like A Pro by MariaSC