or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012

Birchbox: December 2012 - Page 48

post #1411 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

The Birchbox I recieved today seems to have products that were featured in the Sneak Peek video, so I'm not using spoilers. 

 

I recieved the Juice Beauty CC cream in the Warm Glow shade and I think I'm in love!  This is suprising to me as I have tried several BB creams and never found one that I liked.  The Warm Glow shade is a perfect match for me.  I'm getting a 2nd sample in my other Birchbox and I hope it's the same shade. I also really like the ModelCo lip gloss.  Its a very pretty soft light pink (I cant read the small print on the bottom for the shade) I like the fruity scent it has, and the texture is nice.  I'm thrilled with the Amika hair mask.  I recieved one in my other account a few months ago, and really like it.  I think I got 2 or 3 uses out of my last sample - once as deep conditioning treatment, and once or twice I just used it in the shower as a regular conditioner.  The Juicey Couture fragrance I'm on the fence about.  I sprayed it on my wrist about an hour ago, and I like it better now more so than when I first applied it.  The fortune cookie was a delicous treat!  I think those cookies could easily become addictive. 

 

I'm looking forward to recieving my 2nd Birchbox now.  The only repeat item is the Juice Beauty CC cream, and I'm really glad to be getting a 2nd sample!

 

THis is my 12th month with Birchbox.  Every few months I recieve a sample of something that I think I'm not going to like, like this months Juice beauty CC cream, then I try it, and and pleasantly surprised.  I have discovered quite a few of my HG products thanks to Birchbox!

ooh! We are box twins! I'm so pumped about the CC cream- Juice is my new fave brand and I haven't found a BB cream I like and I know they are supposed to be better for your skin so I'm excited to try. I just bought their regimen and they sent me their foundation and tinted moisturizer for free- I'm not sold on it yet but I've never tried organic makeup before so I'm working hard to get used to it- my skin feels amazing when I wash it off but I have very dry skin and somehow it makes me look shiny! I just recently decided to go completely sulfate and paraben free (well after I use up/give away/trade my existing products) and if you're into that you'll be as excited as I was to know everything in our box is safe! I'm hoping to get the red shade of the gloss in my box since I have a ton of glosses similar to the other colors already and red would be fun to play with but I lose glosses all the time so I'll like it either way!

post #1412 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

Well, I mean, it is supposed to be a surprise. I'm just a very impatient person. Not mad or anything. 

Im mad that I feel like one of the last people to know what I'm getting on this forum and that I'm getting a crappy box (ie box 20). It's not fair to me.
post #1413 of 2321

I got box 12. My gut reaction wasn't too positive but after reading a bit about the products I psyched myself up a bit.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
  • Frownies® Eye Gels
  • Juicy Couture - Juicy Couture
  • Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo
  • per-fékt Beauty Lash Perfection Gel
  • Tea Forté® skin-smart™ Teas

 

The lash gel gets great reviews and if it's the same size sample as people received in the past it's enough for several uses. Way better than the lip gloss fiasco.

 

I love the sample of the No. 4 hair mask so I'm hoping the shampoo rocks as well.  Not sure if it's OK to use on color treated hair though - anybody know? I don't fully trust the product marketing on these things.

 

I'll drink the tea and try the eye gels.  I can't find a positive spin to the Juicy perfume sample though.  Two Juicy samples in four months which I will never ever wear.  Can't win 'em all, though icon_smile.gif

 

 

post #1414 of 2321

Whoo box 18! :)

 

Not too bad, but would have preferred getting something other than a $5 nail file. icon_frown.gif

post #1415 of 2321

Ugh why wont my page update :( I want to know what I am getting, I also have a tracking # but it does not work mad.gif

post #1416 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalista View Post

ooh! We are box twins! I'm so pumped about the CC cream- Juice is my new fave brand and I haven't found a BB cream I like and I know they are supposed to be better for your skin so I'm excited to try. I just bought their regimen and they sent me their foundation and tinted moisturizer for free- I'm not sold on it yet but I've never tried organic makeup before so I'm working hard to get used to it- my skin feels amazing when I wash it off but I have very dry skin and somehow it makes me look shiny! I just recently decided to go completely sulfate and paraben free (well after I use up/give away/trade my existing products) and if you're into that you'll be as excited as I was to know everything in our box is safe! I'm hoping to get the red shade of the gloss in my box since I have a ton of glosses similar to the other colors already and red would be fun to play with but I lose glosses all the time so I'll like it either way!

This is the first Juice Beauty product I have tried, and I'm really happy with it.  I hope you like it as much as I do!  I have it on now (its been about 4 or 5 hours) and my face doesnt look shiney at all.  I've heard good things about their skincare regimen and would like to try that as well.

 

I didnt realize everything in our box is safe.  Thank you for pointing that out!  Its good to know!

post #1417 of 2321
What was the weight of box 17?
post #1418 of 2321

Box 14 here! Out of all the boxes, it's one that I really wanted to get! Super excited about the full size gloss (I'm a goo hoarder - Jenna Marbles, anyone?) and the Juliette fragrance. Yaaaay! And I should be getting it in the mail on Friday. 

post #1419 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

This is the first Juice Beauty product I have tried, and I'm really happy with it.  I hope you like it as much as I do!  I have it on now (its been about 4 or 5 hours) and my face doesnt look shiney at all.  I've heard good things about their skincare regimen and would like to try that as well.

 

I didnt realize everything in our box is safe.  Thank you for pointing that out!  Its good to know!

I'm obsessed with Juice- I should give up on school and go into sales for them haha! They sell their regimens in 30 day supply kits that are a great way to try them out! They are doing a "12 days of beauty" right now with a new promotion everyday- if you follow them on fb they are posting each promotion!

post #1420 of 2321

I'm getting Box 4

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1. Juicy perfume sample: Hello, reject box.
2. ModelCo lipgloss. I want to be excited about a full-size product but lipgloss + my hair = thefinger.gif. I will either try it or throw it in a Christmas present.
3. Benefit eye cream. I got the foaming wash & polisher in a previous box and loved them so very much. So I will probably love this too. And I can always use an eye cream.

4. Keratase hair whatever. Silicones of course. Plus I got the shampoo/conditioner in a previous box and was literally offended by the stink they left in my hair until I washed it again. Hello, reject box.

5. Fortune cookie. I don't mind food in my box so I'll give this a try for sure.

 

Overall, looks like it will be ok. It would be super awesome if we could opt out of perfumes but whatever, at least it's points!

post #1421 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsxkitten View Post

What was the weight of box 17?

sorry, I am getting this box, but don't have tracking yet. I got my two confused :P

post #1422 of 2321

Unrelated, but are there any BB coupon codes floating around?

post #1423 of 2321
Box pictures are mostly up.. hoping for 17 or 1!
post #1424 of 2321
Thank you! my mystery box weighs .5780 so its not my super amazing dream box frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

I am set to get box 17, and the weight is .5050
post #1425 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsighting View Post

Unrelated, but are there any BB coupon codes floating around?

Code RTR10 is for $10 off $35 order.

post #1426 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

Code RTR10 is for $10 off $35 order.

Thanks! I actually decided to be good and not get anything other than the $12 Benefit skin care sampler I originally wanted... probably because I'm planning on a Sephora trip tomorrow haha.

post #1427 of 2321

Alright Box 17, I actually haven't looked through the boxes to decide wether or not this is my ideal box, but it seems to be a fairly good mix, and thats all we can ask for right?

 

Juicy Couture Fragrance: I have this in a full size, I really like it :) 

Mox Lip Butter: got this in my other account's box last month. Like it a lot!

No. 4 Clarifying Shampoo: I travel a lot. Have 3-4 separate trips planned in Dec-Feb LOVE Shampoo (and Conditioner) samples, I pretty much exclusively travel with sample box samples now!

The Balm Hot Mama: always excited to try a new makeup products!

Tweezerman FileMate: love my nail accessories. Generally I cut my nails when they need to be filed ( I have "flakey" nails, so they always look better short) But This is so darn cute I'll keep it in my bag for touch-ups.

 

 

And my older account has no preview yet! so sad.. but the box page is loading slowly, so hopefully that means its in transition.

post #1428 of 2321

So the folks who got this box:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

- thymes body lotion deluxe sample & foil packet (lifestyle extra)

- model co lip gloss
- kerastase foil packets
- juice beauty CC cream
 

 

i know i'm not the only one who's a bit bummed that we can't give feedback on the lifestyle item... right? :(

post #1429 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post


Im mad that I feel like one of the last people to know what I'm getting on this forum and that I'm getting a crappy box (ie box 20). It's not fair to me.

 

Wait, you know what you're getting, but you're the last to know? I don't know what I'm getting yet. My info still hasn't updated. I don't see how it's unfair, though. 

post #1430 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

 

Wait, you know what you're getting, but you're the last to know? I don't know what I'm getting yet. My info still hasn't updated. I don't see how it's unfair, though. 

 

my bad. i was typing too fast. i am fearing that i will get the dreaded box 20, since i've been getting the dreaded boxes since october. i don't know what i'm getting nor is my tracking working yet. it's unfair to me if we're billed at the same time and all of our box info isn't uploaded at the same time.

post #1431 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

 

my bad. i was typing too fast. i am fearing that i will get the dreaded box 20, since i've been getting the dreaded boxes since october. i don't know what i'm getting nor is my tracking working yet. it's unfair to me if we're billed at the same time and all of our box info isn't uploaded at the same time.

 

Oh, okay. I get it now. I wasn't officially billed until the 5th, so I was expecting a delay.

post #1432 of 2321

Yep, still nada for me.  BB's customer service number got posted on their FB page today so if I still have nothing on the site or my email tomorrow I'm gonna give 'em a call.  

post #1433 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

 

Oh, okay. I get it now. I wasn't officially billed until the 5th, so I was expecting a delay.

 

oh ok. maybe that's why your info is a little slow too. i opened up a second sub last week and it's supposed to ship on the 14th. i'm patient with the info on that account and at least the little truck is showing up in my account info (no tracking number yet)

post #1434 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight View Post

So the folks who got this box:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

- thymes body lotion deluxe sample & foil packet (lifestyle extra)

- model co lip gloss
- kerastase foil packets
- juice beauty CC cream
 

 

i know i'm not the only one who's a bit bummed that we can't give feedback on the lifestyle item... right? :(

............uh, but I always do? Do you mean get points? I also get points...

post #1435 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

............uh, but I always do? Do you mean get points? I also get points...

the last time i heard that we couldn't leave feedback on something was for those gossip girl postcards back in may...

post #1436 of 2321

Still waiting for my box page to update so I know what box I'm getting - hoping to sample a Chuau Chocopod, yum! Chuau is actually based in this area and I've driven by one of their retail stores before but have never actually went in lol. I'll definitely be stopping by there soon either way because everyone's varieties sound delish!

post #1437 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

the last time i heard that we couldn't leave feedback on something was for those gossip girl postcards back in may...

 

It's quite possible that it just hasn't been added to the store yet. There seem to be other items still missing, like the Aerie perfume.

post #1438 of 2321

Woo. Used the RTR10 To Preorder Fine One One (its nice to see a super new product!) and got Zoya Remove (best nail polish remover ever, just about done with the bottle I got in my first ever Birchbox order like 16 months ago :P) and The No 4 Mask Pick two Sample Pack. (seems like it will go with the No 4 Shampoo I'm getting in a box this month well)

29.99 used 300 points perfectly! 

 

Thanks to the people who posted that code :) 

post #1439 of 2321

Box 26 here! 

 

I am really excited to try the frownies... I am an old woman! 

post #1440 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

This is the first Juice Beauty product I have tried, and I'm really happy with it.  I hope you like it as much as I do!  I have it on now (its been about 4 or 5 hours) and my face doesnt look shiney at all.  I've heard good things about their skincare regimen and would like to try that as well.

 

I didnt realize everything in our box is safe.  Thank you for pointing that out!  Its good to know!

I thought I replied to this but I'm on my phone and it didn't show up so I'm sorry if this is a repeat but I didn't want you to miss out! Juice is having a "12 days of beauty" promotion if you like them on facebook they are having a new sale every day! They have great kits that are a month's supply of a regimen so you can see how it works for your skin before buying! I grabbed the organics to go kit because I sampled the cleansing milk at ulta and loved it and decided it would be fun to try and I saw such a difference in my skin in just a few days I invested! haha I sound like I should work for them but I saw such a great turn around I can't stop gushing!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012