or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012

Birchbox: December 2012 - Page 51

post #1501 of 2321
Although both Ipsy and Birchbox are great, I think Bb is my preffered. I think it is a more exciting company with better brands and variety. There is a lot of novelty with birchbox. I buy full sizes if the items I like from birchbox and I don't think I would replace items from Ipsy when they are done. I have been liking the new Ipsy, but I consider it my "maintenance" sub since they send out the basic beauty essentials. When I run out of black eyeliner I know I will get one at some point with them.
post #1502 of 2321

Finally my box updated! Im getting box 1 :)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1541.jpg

Super happy with this box since there are no foil samples! I really wanted the chocopod but the fortune cookie will do. I like my BB this month


Edited by diana16 - 12/11/12 at 9:43am
post #1503 of 2321

Have the eyeko liners all come in the purple shade this month?

post #1504 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsxkitten View Post

Although both Ipsy and Birchbox are great, I think Bb is my preffered. I think it is a more exciting company with better brands and variety. There is a lot of novelty with birchbox. I buy full sizes if the items I like from birchbox and I don't think I would replace items from Ipsy when they are done. I have been liking the new Ipsy, but I consider it my "maintenance" sub since they send out the basic beauty essentials. When I run out of black eyeliner I know I will get one at some point with them.


I feel the same way; i actually cx'd my ipsy account and sticking with BB.  I like the variety of the stuff i get in BB and getting points/store credits.  i also like their marketing so much better.

 

Not saying im always happy with all my BB stuff (like 2 parfume samples this month? Box 8).. but always fun stuff to try.

post #1505 of 2321

I'm way excited I'm getting Hot Mama in one of my boxes.  I've honestly never tried any product like that...so I did a little squeal when I accidentally peeked and saw it.  :)  

post #1506 of 2321

mine finally updated as well, i'm getting box 16, which i'm not thrilled about but oh well.  birchbox can't be expected to know i'm not a big lipgloss person so can't blame them for that, although i have to say hand sanitizing wipes are pretty boring :-/   if anyone wants to to trade for either the modelco lip gloss or hand sanitizers let me know! 

post #1507 of 2321

Bleh, mine finally updated and I'm getting box 13, kind of disappointed that it comes with two perfumes, not gonna lie, so if I hate one and have no man to give the other one to (none of the men in my life wear cologne) then that's pretty much two samples wasted. I'll be excited for the foot cream and shampoo if the sample sizes are decent.

post #1508 of 2321

My page updated, Box 7.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I'm indifferent overall, but will use everything. Excited for the Balm product. One thing that irks me about BB is their penchant for sending out shampoo without the matching conditioner.  Gragh!

post #1509 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by surelyslim View Post

Lol, you'll need to stop by. They recently revamped UTC Mall! I believe you're right about how they're local to this area.. the owner used to attend UCSD biggrin.gif

I'm close by (a block away actually), but I prefer Godiva and their chocolate of month samples biggrin.gif
Thanks for the input! I do like Godiva so it will be fun to compare. I've only driven by the Encinitas store before, but I work in Del Mar so I could totally stop at the UTC one after work on the way back to Mission Valley.. Blessing or curse I don't know lol.
post #1510 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieZ View Post

Sorry, I tried to read back through and look but I stayed away from this thread til boxes were up and I can't catch up on 50 pages, lol.

 

I'm getting box 29.  Anyone know how big the Hot Mama sample is?  It looks potentially full-sized in the pic but I don't want to get my hopes up, those pics lie sometimes, haha.


It's a sample size...but a good one! Look here:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #1511 of 2321

They finally updated mine...getting box 1...I think....anyway this one:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

post #1512 of 2321

I feel like i'm the only one so far getting box 8... anyone else?
 

post #1513 of 2321

I got Box 5 yesterday!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Excited to try the CC cream and hoping that it's a color that will match me!

 

Honestly, I'm not impressed with Hot Mama at all. I was The color is too light/sheer for a blush, and just looks kind of blah as an eyeshadow to me.

 

The shampoo I will probably give away since I don't use shampoo with sulfates.

 

 

Already have tried the perfume...

 

So, looks like the thing I am most excited about is finally trying the Chuao maple bacon chocolate!!!

 

post #1514 of 2321

Mine is out for delivery headphonedance.gif

post #1515 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayc View Post

I feel like i'm the only one so far getting box 8... anyone else?
 

I'm getting Box 8 on my 2nd account. It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday but I usually get it a couple of days earlier although my tracking hasn't updated since the 9th.

post #1516 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post


It's funny how different we all are! I am quitting Ipsy after this month because although I like it, I am maxing out on samples and Ipsy sends mostly items I could/would get myself anyway. They are very nice and large too, but Birchbox sends me things I sometimes would never have heard of or tried. Some boxes are better than others but I like the discovery factor (and the points system!) well enough to choose Birchbox as the one I am going to keep.
Again, I do like Ipsy, but overall I need to choose one and I like the Birchbox experience, even if I do get an occasional dud.

I agree with you. I can go buy my own UD pencils or lipgloss even though I don't like lipgloss. I'm picky about makeup colors and don't  like them being selected for me. I like BB because I can get more products that I would have never discovered and I actually like most things I get. I think I'll give myglam another month, but I haven't used or gotten anything I liked in the last 2-3 bags.

post #1517 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

I'm getting Box 8 on my 2nd account. It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday but I usually get it a couple of days earlier although my tracking hasn't updated since the 9th.

my tracking is doing the same thing.

 

What are your thoughts on the box?

post #1518 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB View Post


My curiosity got the best of me. I peeked and I'm getting box one!!!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I'm really excited because I really wanted the Hot Mama. The only thing that would make this better is finding someone willing to trade me their Juice CC cream!!!

We're box twins. 

 

Edit (spoiler added)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I'm looking forward to trying the hair treatment.

also getting the cc cream in my 2nd account. might put it up for trade. not sure yet.

 

post #1519 of 2321
Do gift subs get to review items in their welcome box?
post #1520 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

you are correct. that is the jouer gloss in birchbox pink from last december. 

 

it was meh.

I actually just rediscovered this gloss (I never used it because I wasn't into lip color then) and I love it!

post #1521 of 2321

I am getting box number 10, is it strange that my shipping weight is only 0.0100? I am guessing that is just an error. Has this happened to anyone else?

post #1522 of 2321

Getting box 1 for my second account. I really like the box, the perfume is right up my alley. I'm glad I'm not getting the boob tape or another purple eyeliner, which I'm allergic to, since it left a red welt along my lashline. smile.gif Which is a shame, because I love the cover.

post #1523 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautynewbie View Post

Do gift subs get to review items in their welcome box?

yup.

post #1524 of 2321

i hate to complain... but i'm soooo disappointed with all 3 of my boxes. the only thing i got that i wanted was the Hot Mama Blush! & thank the lord for that. 

well here are my boxes....

box number 12: (the punishment box)

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/december-2012/december12box12

box number 18: (my favorite...if thats possible... of all three)

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/december-2012/december12box18

box 20: (not bad.... but there was MUCH better stuff in the other boxes)

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/december-2012/december12box20

 

I just want to know what I did to get THREE clarifying shampoos, TWO per-fekt lash gels and TWO Juicy couture samples....... 

I promise you all of my beauty profiles are different... but maybe I should tweak them even more bc last month I got THREE mascaras....

i love birchbox & have always defended them.... but this month i am just so disappointed. i didn't get ANY chocolate, any nuxe products, any lip glosses, any cc creams, any mrs. jesse's products, any eyeliners or anything i really need/could use!

i guess i'm just disappointed bc there were so many things that I wanted to get in my boxes this month.... oh &&& my first box (number 18) was missing the Juicy Couture sample.... it had the paper packaging, but no sample. 

sorry for the rant everyone! i just had to get this all off my chest!

 

EDIT: on a positive note! i did find the chuao chocolate bars && in my two favorite flavors! (potato chip & the honeycomb one) they were at a different target! (: i'll now begin eating my feelings bc my BB's sucked so bad.... that is all! LOL

post #1525 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post


I would've liked that box. That's my ideal one.

Agreed. I would have loved that box.

post #1526 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 View Post

I agree with you. I can go buy my own UD pencils or lipgloss even though I don't like lipgloss. I'm picky about makeup colors and don't  like them being selected for me. I like BB because I can get more products that I would have never discovered and I actually like most things I get. I think I'll give myglam another month, but I haven't used or gotten anything I liked in the last 2-3 bags.

Totally agree. I subscribed to myglam (when it was myglam) for 3 months, but cancelled because the colors just weren't for me. I feel like with bubble pink lipstick practically every month and blue shadow from brands id never heard of, they're definitely gearing themselves for a younger crowd (I'm 23, but I'm a neutral make up girl). I think they've stepped their game up in the past few months with higher end products from urban decay and the balm, but I still enjoy the products and the experience that birchbox gives me much more than ipsy. I had low quality products and even lower quality customer service from them.

I also subscribe to julep, but I'm looking to add another box in my life - any suggestions? I wish glymm was in the US, but glossy box looks like it has larger products than bb.
post #1527 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayc View Post

my tracking is doing the same thing.

 

What are your thoughts on the box?

I don't love it or hate it. Can't complain when you have a full size item (although I got it last month in my main BB acct). Not crazy about the 2 perfumes but at least we get to review 6 items. I do love getting hair stuff so I'm looking forward to trying that as well.

what do you think about it? anything you're looking forward to trying?

post #1528 of 2321

I accidentally found out one item that's in my box last night while I was buying some things from the shop and now I'm a little disappointed because all the box combinations I've seen with that item I haven't liked :(

post #1529 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by libedon View Post


Totally agree. I subscribed to myglam (when it was myglam) for 3 months, but cancelled because the colors just weren't for me. I feel like with bubble pink lipstick practically every month and blue shadow from brands id never heard of, they're definitely gearing themselves for a younger crowd (I'm 23, but I'm a neutral make up girl). I think they've stepped their game up in the past few months with higher end products from urban decay and the balm, but I still enjoy the products and the experience that birchbox gives me much more than ipsy. I had low quality products and even lower quality customer service from them.
I also subscribe to julep, but I'm looking to add another box in my life - any suggestions? I wish glymm was in the US, but glossy box looks like it has larger products than bb.

Honestly, I just added another sub to BB. I'm 23 too and love my neutrals. I'm good for the occasional bubble gum pink, but not 500 different brand glosses of the same color! I just feel like BB is classier. I like classy things. Myglam (I still refuse to call it that strange "I' word) really seems to appeal to younger people and people who maybe have more of an opportunity to wear crazy colors and dramatic makeup. I had Glossybox for 2 months and felt like I totally wasted $42. I might cancel MyGlam and add a 3rd BB sub with a profile different than the one I have now.

post #1530 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by diana16 View Post

Finally my box updated! Im getting box 12 :)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1541.jpg

Super happy with this box since there are no foil samples! I really wanted the chocopod but the fortune cookie will do. I like my BB this month

Finally...mine updated this morning & I'm getting this box too- soooooo excited about the hot mama!!  I think its box #1- Yay for us!!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012