or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012

Birchbox: December 2012 - Page 58

post #1711 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

Arggg.  I got the lip gloss in Striptease.  I haven't seen it yet though.  Does anyone know if it makes a big difference in what your lips normally look like?  I really kind of wanted a color, but I guess I'll have to try it out to see.

i'm suppose to get the lipgloss but it looks pink on my page... i want the stripteast ( nude one).. would you want to trade???? i have so many pink ones

post #1712 of 2321

Hi everyone!   I received Box #21.  Not great, but not horrible either.  This is the 3rd month in a row I received a food item in my box, not thrilled about that.  I decided to do a a little math and came up with a box value of $15.61, not including the  RTR Card, which I most likely will NOT use.  Kind of bummed.  Unfortunately when I signed up, I paid for the year in advance.  Just my two cents.  Happy Holidays everyone!

post #1713 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post

I don't think you can - I bought a gift sub yesterday and tried to use it but it said the code was invalid. I was able to apply points though!


Same here, it wouldn't let me.  On the bright side, 110 points instantly for meeeeeeeeeeeeee! 

post #1714 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MereKB87 View Post
 

 

Oooohh! Totally heading over there as soon as I get paid on Friday! Thanks so much!!!!

post #1715 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwynn View Post

Did anybody get box 1 or 2 in their hands yet?

I'd love to know what you think of the fresh rollerball. It's not available in the shop yet, but I'm hoping it might be in one of the plus 2 packs if they ever update it.

 

I got the fresh rollerball a week or so ago at Sephora as a 100-point perk. Its pretty citrus-y and fresh. I really like it (and so does the BF!) I was hoping to order the rollerball with my points and the 20% off I just got emailed to me, so hopefully it will be available super soon!

post #1716 of 2321

I have a points question- if I have 209 it's only good for 20 off right? They don't also apply the 9 they just erase it when I redeem the points?

post #1717 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymomma10 View Post

I haven't had a decent box since April 2012 and that was my welcome box, when the welcome box is better than anything else I have gotten in 9 months, I'm done playing the lottery. I cancelled my BB today and have Myglam/Ipsy and KiwiCrate for my son.

I'm getting box 3 this time, it isn't horrible but it's not enough of a "wow" to keep me around for another month. BB is losing their edge in the Sub. world, only reason I stuck around so long is for the points and even now it's just not worth it to me.

I'm canceling too!! I'm getting Box 1, which is fine but does not fit my profile AT ALL I am getting volume shampoo, after getting the volumizing spray last month for my already too volumized curly, frizzy hair!!! Plus CC cream, when they gave me another similar thing last month, plus hand sanitizer wipes, and perfume. The one plus is the lipgloss, but I already have a LOT of lip gloss and they don't have the ingredients online, which bothers me because I have an allergy to almond oil, which is often used in lip products. I still have julep for my nails and ipsy for makeup stuff! 

post #1718 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legalista View Post

I have a points question- if I have 209 it's only good for 20 off right? They don't also apply the 9 they just erase it when I redeem the points?

Nope - you will be left with 9 points after you spend 20 bucks.

post #1719 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonella View Post

can someone please tell me how the kerastase products work

Which product did you get? I have been using that brand for years and it does wonders for my hair. My hair has never looked better.

post #1720 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post

Nope - you will be left with 9 points after you spend 20 bucks.

Oh Cool! Thanks!

post #1721 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA View Post


Same here, it wouldn't let me.  On the bright side, 110 points instantly for meeeeeeeeeeeeee! 

That's awesome! I'm gifting a 3-month men's sub and used $20 in points, so I only got 40 points back but every bit counts lol!

post #1722 of 2321

My two box 4's just came in. Identical down to the Strip Tease lipgloss. 

 

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone with the fresh perfume or flo atomizer would like to trade for one of them I think I'd be the happiest girl ever. 

post #1723 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

That makes me feel better.  I have the same issue.  Did you just get your invite this month? I got my invite on the 3rd and my billing went thru on the 5th.  And seriously, how did you get someone to answer the phone? I tried calling and just got a voicemail service.  No call back, of course.  

 

Too bad they couldn't tell you which box you got!  Did they say anything about WHEN the website would show your box?

Im in the same boat. This is my second month and I got an email saying my box shipped but no tracking# on the email or the website. Also I cant see what box im getting. Dont know if I should contact birchbox or wait a few days.

post #1724 of 2321

Has anyone else gotten box 25??

post #1725 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by briyes1 View Post

Hi everyone!   I received Box #21.  Not great, but not horrible either.  This is the 3rd month in a row I received a food item in my box, not thrilled about that.  I decided to do a a little math and came up with a box value of $15.61, not including the  RTR Card, which I most likely will NOT use.  Kind of bummed.  Unfortunately when I signed up, I paid for the year in advance.  Just my two cents.  Happy Holidays everyone!

really? wow this is BS =_= Yeah looks like this is going to be my last month with BB. :| Guess I should cash out then.

post #1726 of 2321
Still no internet at home, still no page update/ tracking info/email. This officially sucks. frown.gif
post #1727 of 2321

I just tried the CC cream and I LOVE it! I think the comments I read earlier about it being pasty in texture are solved if you apply it with a foundation brush. I put like just less than a pea-sized amount on the back of my hand and applied with the brush and I thought it went on really nicely. As for the smell, I don't think any of JB's products smell particularly good or bad- they just smell like unscented product to me- but I'm used to that kind of smell because I usually react to scented products so I've been using unscented stuff forever. I did need to use a bit more powder than normal to set it, however.

post #1728 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meahlea View Post


Mine's been in Coppell since Saturday, with my ipsy glam bag. Supposed to be delivered today. I could have walked there in that time. Except for that whole stupidly cold for Texas thing we've had going all weekend.

My box bypassed Coppell this month and went to Dallas. Which is great, except I don't live in Dallas.

post #1729 of 2321

UGH This nicole richie perfume is horrible...I smell like I just hugged a dozen old ladies at church...I dont need anymore darn foil packets and honestly dont feel like experimenting with the CC cream and breaking out...the only thing good about my box this month is the chocolate fortune cookie. so ready for next year its not even funny.

post #1730 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsliz View Post

UGH This nicole richie perfume is horrible...I smell like I just hugged a dozen old ladies at church...I dont need anymore darn foil packets and honestly dont feel like experimenting with the CC cream and breaking out...the only thing good about my box this month is the chocolate fortune cookie. so ready for next year its not even funny.

How does the fortune cookie taste?  Kinda bummed I didn't get one.. :(

post #1731 of 2321
Ok so I can't use rtr10 on just a gift subscription, but if I add other stuff to my cart it will take the $10 off! Do you think I can still pay with points too? Sorry I am just so new to this. Also can anyone suggest any items in the shop that are around $10?? I can't find anything I really want, but I want to take advantage of getting something free!

If I buy a gift subscription for myself and then claim it with my account, I just won't be charged for 3 months, right? That is what I want to do. Should I just put my same email on the form or do I need to use a different one? Thanks!
post #1732 of 2321
Ok so I can't use rtr10 on just a gift subscription, but if I add other stuff to my cart it will take the $10 off! Do you think I can still pay with points too? Sorry I am just so new to this. Also can anyone suggest any items in the shop that are around $10?? I can't find anything I really want, but I want to take advantage of getting something free!

I placed an order a few days ago using points with the RTR code, and everything I really wanted around that price point was out of stock. frown.gif
post #1733 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSlainte View Post

My box bypassed Coppell this month and went to Dallas. Which is great, except I don't live in Dallas.


my BB goes to Coppell then leaves to Memphis, comes back to Dallas and then I receive it. Pretty ridiculous since my ipsy bag come to me straight from Coppell

post #1734 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey anne View Post

Has anyone else gotten box 25??

 

I did!

post #1735 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineri218 View Post

 

I did!

Do you love it??!!

post #1736 of 2321

Not sure what box number I have. It shipped on the 10th, arrived today. Weight was .559.

 

Content:

Hot mama blush/eyeshadow. Looks like a nice color, I'll be using it. Decent size actually should last a while.

Frownie undereye thingies: meh. I'll try them. Not too exciting. Good for 3 uses. They are expensive, so I am unlikely to purchase even if I like them.

No. 4 Clarifying shampoo - smells bad to me. All their products have an odor I don't like. Travel bag.

Channel perfume: I'll use. I dont mind samples of perfume.

Channel for men perfume - ok, it was an extra

Ahava foot cream: foil packet. An extra. I actually love their products, so I am happy to have it, but it is so small.

Rent a runway coupon - right into the trash.

 

I really wish I'd gotten either a full size product or something I"m more excited about. I've been pretty happy w/ Birchbox until recently. Now I feel like I am riding out my sub for a discount coupon and points before I cancel.

 

ETA it is box 29.

post #1737 of 2321

My box #21 is here a day early!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

 

700

 


And even though it's been around a few months, for those who have been curious about the Mary Lou size:

 

700

I honestly thought it'd be bigger lol but it's still a generously sized sample when you think about how little product you actually use up per use.

 

The Nicole perfume smells terrible to me. Too strong and too sweet. I've never been a fan of anything with even a hint of vanilla in it though.

post #1738 of 2321

Now this is how I like to shop:

 

Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod - $7.95
 

Shea Terra Organics Whipped Shea Butter Ultimate Moisturizing Body Crème Scent Gingered Pumpkin - $18.00
 

Pick Two Sample Pack, Choose 1 pack, Mighty Tea Leaf & Vasanti Brighten Up Cleanser -$10.00
 

Jane Tran Bobby Pin Set- Metallics - $12.00
 

Subtotal $47.95
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (Thanks RTR customers!, Free Sample Pack with Purchase, rtr10) -$20.00
 

Tax $1.96
 

300 reward points -$29.91


Grand Total $0.00

 

A+

post #1739 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmeans View Post

Now this is how I like to shop:

 

Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod - $7.95
 

Shea Terra Organics Whipped Shea Butter Ultimate Moisturizing Body Crème Scent Gingered Pumpkin - $18.00
 

Pick Two Sample Pack, Choose 1 pack, Mighty Tea Leaf & Vasanti Brighten Up Cleanser -$10.00
 

Jane Tran Bobby Pin Set- Metallics - $12.00
 

Subtotal $47.95
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (Thanks RTR customers!, Free Sample Pack with Purchase, rtr10) -$20.00
 

Tax $1.96
 

300 reward points -$29.91


Grand Total $0.00

 

A+

This is pretty much the only thing keeping me from cancelling my birchbox account for good. I've been able to get so many nice beauty products (for practically little to nothing out of my wallet!) that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. I get frustrated a lot, but after 3-4 months of waiting, getting $50 worth of stuff for almost nothing is sooooo great.

post #1740 of 2321

You have my dream box!!! I want the Mary Lou-manizer and the CC Cream!  And the fortune cookie is cute too! Congrats on getting your box early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norther View Post

My box #21 is here a day early!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

 

700

 


And even though it's been around a few months, for those who have been curious about the Mary Lou size:

 

700

I honestly thought it'd be bigger lol but it's still a generously sized sample when you think about how little product you actually use up per use.

 

The Nicole perfume smells terrible to me. Too strong and too sweet. I've never been a fan of anything with even a hint of vanilla in it though.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012