or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012

Birchbox: December 2012 - Page 60

post #1771 of 2321
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAsh View Post

Thinking of getting the Shea Terra Organics Whipped Shea Butter with my points. Has anyone tried it? How about scent choice... I was thinking White Chocolate or Rooibos & Berries?

 

I have a sample of the white chocolate and it smells like white chocolate but it's VERY strong. No clue about rooibos & berries.

post #1772 of 2321

Katie - this is truly an awesome box.  I agree: This is what BB is meant to be like! While I actually love the lipgloss I got, I must admit that I have box envy! I loved the cookie as well - I e-mailed them gave them a review - still don't have points for my review.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB View Post

WARNING! SPOILER!!!

I received my box on my other account! So thrilled since this was one of the two I really wanted and my other box was Meh. The sample sizes are what a Birchbox should be! Super excited for the hair treatment, the facial moisturizer (it has hyluronic (?) acid which is great for winter and my rosacea). The Fresh perfume smells divine (pinot noir, grapefruit, neroli, bitter Orange, lemongrass, jasmine, cedarwood, white sandalwood, birch tree leaves) and I will definitely re-purchase-but look at the great sample size! (It's a spray, not rollerball). Finally, I was listing for the Hot Mama, and the boyfran and I thought the fortune cookie was delish. Birchbox really knocked it out for me this month.
I also got my Ipsy! I'll post about that in the respective thread. So happy!
post #1773 of 2321

Please tell me that my Hot Mama is not the only one that came smudged and fingerprinted. Please say it's designed to look that way.

post #1774 of 2321
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatid View Post

Please tell me that my Hot Mama is not the only one that came smudged and fingerprinted. Please say it's designed to look that way.

 

LOL It's the magnet. It presses down on the shadow so it looks like a fingerprint.

post #1775 of 2321

I really want to see what this mysterious fingerprint/magnet print looks like LOL

post #1776 of 2321

off topic. Does anyone own the One Love Organics Body Serum in Rose? I'm thinking about getting it w/some of my points although I have yet to smell it. I typically like any rose scented. I was hoping to get the BB sample in a trade or on ebay but I haven't been able to.

post #1777 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

off topic. Does anyone own the One Love Organics Body Serum in Rose? I'm thinking about getting it w/some of my points although I have yet to smell it. I typically like any rose scented. I was hoping to get the BB sample in a trade or on ebay but I haven't been able to.

I got a sample in my box last month. It's pretty amazing.... honestly, if it wasn't so expensive I would definitely get more. I would say it's more of a pure rose smell, not at all powdery or "old lady-ish."

post #1778 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

off topic. Does anyone own the One Love Organics Body Serum in Rose? I'm thinking about getting it w/some of my points although I have yet to smell it. I typically like any rose scented. I was hoping to get the BB sample in a trade or on ebay but I haven't been able to.

I had it and sniffed it, but traded it because I hate rose, so that tells you it's true to it's name! The girl I traded it to loved it.
post #1779 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post

Katie - this is truly an awesome box.  I agree: This is what BB is meant to be like! While I actually love the lipgloss I got, I must admit that I have box envy! I loved the cookie as well - I e-mailed them gave them a review - still don't have points for my review.

I was shocked to receive a box I wanted myself!! I just tried the moisturizer, and while I love the feel, it smells of rose and flowers and it's giving me a headache! Darn! I hope they fix the cookie review issue soon.. I guess we'll have to wait it out :-/.
post #1780 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB View Post

WARNING! SPOILER!!!

I received my box on my other account! So thrilled since this was one of the two I really wanted and my other box was Meh. The sample sizes are what a Birchbox should be! Super excited for the hair treatment, the facial moisturizer (it has hyluronic (?) acid which is great for winter and my rosacea). The Fresh perfume smells divine (pinot noir, grapefruit, neroli, bitter Orange, lemongrass, jasmine, cedarwood, white sandalwood, birch tree leaves) and I will definitely re-purchase-but look at the great sample size! (It's a spray, not rollerball). Finally, I was listing for the Hot Mama, and the boyfran and I thought the fortune cookie was delish. Birchbox really knocked it out for me this month.
I also got my Ipsy! I'll post about that in the respective thread. So happy!

WOW!! Those are huge samples!! Nice! Im so jealous lol What did you think of the Sampar? 

post #1781 of 2321

oops..sorry I just saw your post after I posted my question.lol

post #1782 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAsh View Post

I got a sample in my box last month. It's pretty amazing.... honestly, if it wasn't so expensive I would definitely get more. I would say it's more of a pure rose smell, not at all powdery or "old lady-ish."

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB View Post


I had it and sniffed it, but traded it because I hate rose, so that tells you it's true to it's name! The girl I traded it to loved it.

Thanks. I might have to splurge and cash in some points!!

post #1783 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

off topic. Does anyone own the One Love Organics Body Serum in Rose? I'm thinking about getting it w/some of my points although I have yet to smell it. I typically like any rose scented. I was hoping to get the BB sample in a trade or on ebay but I haven't been able to.

I love it!  I bought the full-size with points and a 25% off coupon.  

 

I also got the duo body serum in lavender and neroli.  The rose is by far the best of the three scent-wise in my opinion, followed by lavender and then the neroli.

 

-L

post #1784 of 2321

I haven't bought anything from the bb store in a while and I'm behind on the points system usage since it useeed to be different.  So say I spend $19 and I want to use my points (I have 380)  are they going to use all of them or just 200 ($20 worth).  Because the only option at checkout is to "use points 300"?  which seems silly to me. 
 

post #1785 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidentite View Post

I haven't bought anything from the bb store in a while and I'm behind on the points system usage since it useeed to be different.  So say I spend $19 and I want to use my points (I have 380)  are they going to use all of them or just 200 ($20 worth).  Because the only option at checkout is to "use points 300"?  which seems silly to me

It will just take 200

post #1786 of 2321
Thread Starter 

They will only use 200. I recently had over 350 points and purchased an item that was $30 and so they only applied 300 points.

post #1787 of 2321

Thank you ladies!  I miss when you could just check a box next to the number of points you wanted to use (20, 30, 40, etc). 

post #1788 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidentite View Post

Thank you ladies!  I miss when you could just check a box next to the number of points you wanted to use (20, 30, 40, etc). 

 

that's a good idea but if they implement it it would probably be just as long as they "create" the opt out of food/perfume feature

post #1789 of 2321

I just bought 7 boxes of chuao icon_eek.gif

 

I got a plus 2 pack for free, used 200 points, a 20% off code, and paid just under $25. 7 people off my checklist!

 

Second purchase from the BB store in 2 days. Going to make a third soon. Everyone's getting Birchbox gifts this year!

post #1790 of 2321

I got my second box today! I like it a lot but I am kind of disappointed in Miss Jessie's® Original Pillow Soft Curls because they came in these bulky packets. I guess I am going to have to try and use it and save it? All of my other Miss Jessie's samples have come in tubes or jars =(

 

Here's what I got!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #1791 of 2321

Grrrr! BB switched my box. I was getting Box 27 but now I am getting Box 29. I would have preferred the first box. Did this happen to anyone else? Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I am way behind on the message board. I have only read up to page 45.  I guess I have an extra item to review for points...yeah...I will just look at it like that because I am just fuming about the TWO perfume samples! Not too excited about the foot cream either....(sigh).....

post #1792 of 2321
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxane68 View Post

Grrrr! BB switched my box. I was getting Box 27 but now I am getting Box 29. I would have preferred the first box. Did this happen to anyone else? Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I am way behind on the message board. I have only read up to page 45.  I guess I have an extra item to review for points...yeah...I will just look at it like that because I am just fuming about the TWO perfume samples! Not too excited about the foot cream either....(sigh).....

 

In past months it has happened to members.

post #1793 of 2321

Oh thank god this box was so much better than November..ok except the RTR giftcard. Really? No. If anyone wants please let me know. I posted a review in my brand new, fledgling beauty blog if any one wants to check it out and give me feedback:) Btw was that CC cream uber yellow on anyone else?

post #1794 of 2321
Anybody who's gotten Box #3 ... the little foil packet is listed as the Beauty Extra on the card, but we can't review it? Has anybody had any luck contacting Birchbox about that? I mean, it's a great box with a full-size lip gloss and big foil packets of hair stuff, but I think not getting points for 1 of the samples is totally unfair. They send out foil packets all the time, and expect people to review them, but now supposedly because it's the same brand as the bottle of lotion in this box we can't review it? Anyway, I'm planning to call today and see what Bb customer service has to say.
post #1795 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAsh View Post

Thinking of getting the Shea Terra Organics Whipped Shea Butter with my points. Has anyone tried it? How about scent choice... I was thinking White Chocolate or Rooibos & Berries?

I've sampled the Pink Guavas and Pomegranates, Bourbon Vanilla (not so sweet), Mango, Gingered Pumpkin and White Chocolate, and I like them in that order.  I tend to prefer more fruity scents though, so it just depends on what you normally like the best.  The white chocolate for me is really, really sweet smelling.  I kind of wanted to take a bite out of my feet after I put it on it smelled so authentic.  The Rooibos Berries I haven't tried, but it's probably pleasant like the Pink Guavas.

post #1796 of 2321

Hope it's ok to post this here, if not, I can get rid of it. I just made a Birchbox video and if any of you like those kinds of videos, it would mean the world if you took the time to watch it. I love watching everyone else show what they got in their boxes. I don't think I've ever gotten mine this early. :D Thanks guys.

 

post #1797 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

I've sampled the Pink Guavas and Pomegranates, Bourbon Vanilla (not so sweet), Mango, Gingered Pumpkin and White Chocolate, and I like them in that order.  I tend to prefer more fruity scents though, so it just depends on what you normally like the best.  The white chocolate for me is really, really sweet smelling.  I kind of wanted to take a bite out of my feet after I put it on it smelled so authentic.  The Rooibos Berries I haven't tried, but it's probably pleasant like the Pink Guavas.

Haha, wow I thought it only came in one scent and I knew I didn't like banana so I just moved on. Those scents sound amazing. I think I need to put this back on my radar. 

post #1798 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkae View Post

I'm thinking of using my points and the coupon code to finally get Benefit's Benetint. Does anyone have it? What are your thoughts?

I recevied my box 21 today, I'm fairly happy with it, but I agree, the perfume does not smell nice. 

I have and really like it, but I think I prefer thebalm's staniac over it.
post #1799 of 2321

Argh, box 29, I wouldn't mind if

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

both the perfume samples were for ME, but I am sure my husband will be thrilled at some other tiny tube of junk I try to foist on him. 

I am a perfume and travel junkie, so I was really hoping for the atomizer; I guess I'll just have to buy like 3 of them for color coding.

 

I am not amazed, and generally I am pretty happy-go-lucky about stuff like this.

post #1800 of 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone View Post


I have and really like it, but I think I prefer thebalm's staniac over it.

I haven't tried staniac but I have a love-hate relationship with benetint- I feel like I'm go-go speedracer to blend it before I get weird blotches stuck to my face-it sinks in so quickly! But I do love having less makeup on top of my skin...

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox: December 2012