or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox December 2012

Glossybox December 2012 - Page 9

post #241 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

LOL, I thought it was just me...I don't think there's anything wrong with how she looks at all. 

 

And while her fashion isn't generally something I could pull off, I think it is fun and works for her. While I agree that the curated boxes aren't often too indicative of the curators, I'm still really interested to see what she comes up with. :)

I think it was the denim over-alls and heel combination that got me lol.

post #242 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post


Agreed...I was trying to figure out what was wrong with her skin and couldn't lol.

 

I was referring to big bags under her eyes and very noticeable bumps on her face that look either like acne or keratosis. I have a 30'' monitor so all her imperfections literally jumped at me when I stumbled upon that closeup picture :x

I also don't like her messy hair but I guess that's her style.

 

 

700

post #243 of 954

Aww looks like the boxes aren't going to be red. Sad face.

1000

post #244 of 954

 I can't figure out how to log into GB!!! They changed the site and I can't find it!
 

post #245 of 954

I checked and I also have tracking information, however when checked it just states that electronic shipping info was received but there is no ship date yet, so I am assuming it hasn't been actually shipped. Boo

post #246 of 954

Nevermind I found it.
 

post #247 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Liane View Post

I checked and I also have tracking information, however when checked it just states that electronic shipping info was received but there is no ship date yet, so I am assuming it hasn't been actually shipped. Boo

Yeah, on Facebook they keep saying they haven't shipped out yet, but if you ordered before December 9th you'll receive it by Christmas.

post #248 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelywhim View Post

Yay! I have a tracking number as well. It looks like it was "Picked Up by Shipping Partner" on the 12th, but that's all the tracking page shows at the moment.

 

Same here! I assume that means our boxes finally left the warehouse?

post #249 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Yeah, on Facebook they keep saying they haven't shipped out yet, but if you ordered before December 9th you'll receive it by Christmas.

 

Should be interesting since it takes 2 full weeks to go from the east coast to the west coast. I'll be surprised if I get the normal and gift box before Christmas.

post #250 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChick View Post

Should be interesting since it takes 2 full weeks to go from the east coast to the west coast. I'll be surprised if I get the normal and gift box before Christmas.

They'd have a major problem on their hands if all the gift boxes didn't make it out by Christmas. Wow, 2 weeks!!! I thought 1 week for Beauty Army was a long time!

post #251 of 954

I'm going to a glossybox event in 5 mins! Its in Soho NYC. the Refinary 29 event. I will take pics!

post #252 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

I'm going to a glossybox event in 5 mins! Its in Soho NYC. the Refinary 29 event. I will take pics!


Yes!!!! You are so lucky!

post #253 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

I'm going to a glossybox event in 5 mins! Its in Soho NYC. the Refinary 29 event. I will take pics!


Have fun!  I hope it is filled with lots of awesomeness!  I just got an e-mail from them saying this is going on for three days, and it looks so fun!

 

Also, please give 'em heck from all of us. 

post #254 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

I'm going to a glossybox event in 5 mins! Its in Soho NYC. the Refinary 29 event. I will take pics!

Let us know how it is. I'm thinking of going tomorrow with my sister. Sounds like it is going to be pretty epic!
post #255 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

I'm going to a glossybox event in 5 mins! Its in Soho NYC. the Refinary 29 event. I will take pics!

 

Hope you see this but ask them what's going on with their customer service lately and what is the best way for a customer to get in contact with them.

post #256 of 954

How do you find the tracking number i cant find it on the website:/

post #257 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie123 View Post

How do you find the tracking number i cant find it on the website:/

If you go to My Orders - then View Order the number will be listed under Shipping Method once it's issued.

post #258 of 954
The man repeller girl really reminds me of someone from birchbox. I don't know her name but when I see the man repeller pics I immediately think birchbox.
post #259 of 954

Has anyone received the Skin & Co sample set from last month? I placed my order almost as soon as someone had posted the link here, but after the order confirmation saying we'd get a shipping notice, I have heard absolutely nothing from them.

post #260 of 954

Man repeller?

post #261 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Man repeller?

The girl curating January's glossybox.
post #262 of 954

LMAO

post #263 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiiO View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playedinloops View Post


Agreed...I was trying to figure out what was wrong with her skin and couldn't lol.

 

I was referring to big bags under her eyes and very noticeable bumps on her face that look either like acne or keratosis. I have a 30'' monitor so all her imperfections literally jumped at me when I stumbled upon that closeup picture :x

I also don't like her messy hair but I guess that's her style.

 

 

700

 

To me, she just looks like someone with minor flaws just like the rest of us. To be honest, I'd rather take advice or recommendations from someone that seems real, and deals with the same skin/hair/beauty issues as I do, than someone who looks like a plastic doll or something. Because if something helps them, then maybe it will help me...whereas it's kind of hard to take someone seriously if they look like a wax doll, or you never see them without 50 layers of makeup...so who knows what their actual skin looks like. I don't think a person has to be perfect to have something to offer when it comes to beauty advice/product recommendations.

post #264 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

To me, she just looks like someone with minor flaws just like the rest of us. To be honest, I'd rather take advice or recommendations from someone that seems real, and deals with the same skin/hair/beauty issues as I do, than someone who looks like a plastic doll or something. Because if something helps them, then maybe it will help me...whereas it's kind of hard to take someone seriously if they look like a wax doll, or you never see them without 50 layers of makeup...so who knows what their actual skin looks like. I don't think a person has to be perfect to have something to offer when it comes to beauty advice/product recommendations.

Well said! I completely agree
post #265 of 954
I agree. I think a lot of us aren't able to dedicate the time and/ or money for a super elaborate daily beauty routine. I know I am ALWAYS forgetting to put on some cream or elixer for my skin. I actually don't know why i got Lashem because I will never probably use it consecutively to see results. I think a box curiated by someone kinda low key might be an interesting change of pace!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

To me, she just looks like someone with minor flaws just like the rest of us. To be honest, I'd rather take advice or recommendations from someone that seems real, and deals with the same skin/hair/beauty issues as I do, than someone who looks like a plastic doll or something. Because if something helps them, then maybe it will help me...whereas it's kind of hard to take someone seriously if they look like a wax doll, or you never see them without 50 layers of makeup...so who knows what their actual skin looks like. I don't think a person has to be perfect to have something to offer when it comes to beauty advice/product recommendations.
post #266 of 954
I guess I don't know what "bags" are because I don't see any on her. Not enough to use it against her. And it looks like she's just smiling. I don't see anything wrong with we skin and the "I just rolled out of bed" look is totally in now adays.
post #267 of 954

I don't like the angle of that pic. I think it's unflattering for anyone to have that much of a sideways photo taken.

post #268 of 954

that girl looks totally fine to me, and I do agree on not having a perfect looking barbie doll picking products, a more real person would be much better and I hope the products are awesome for the girls that will get the box :) I won't cuz I'm only getting december, but gl to the ones that will :D

post #269 of 954

Does anyone have experience with what happens with a 3 or  6 month sub expires. I am over GB.

post #270 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

Does anyone have experience with what happens with a 3 or  6 month sub expires. I am over GB.

then your sub just ends. You will need to re-sub to continue the service

MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox December 2012