or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox December 2012

Glossybox December 2012 - Page 2

post #31 of 954

SO WEIRD.  My account now shows that I just placed two gift orders -- and paid $10 for one and nothing for the other.  I only wanted one (I'm hoping for sister-in-law-appropriate goodies) plus my normal monthly box, which I thought they would use my points for.  It doesn't look like my points were used or that the payment for the monthly subscription has been run, but I still show the two different orders for gift boxes in my order history.  At least it looks like they're charging me the correct amount.  If not, there's a little something I can use called a credit card chargeback.  You have four months from the time of the incorrect charge to dispute something.  I almost used my debit card for this one, but the rules on those are different from the ones for real credit cards.  *So glad* I used my real credit card.

post #32 of 954

idk why, but I think that's just how they do it. It did it for me, too, and it did that when I signed up for my first 3 month sub. (Charged me the $60, then each time they processed a box for me, a $0 box with the month specified showed up.) The first one is just the charge and the next one is the box. 

post #33 of 954
Awesome deal!! Got a $10 box for my sister In law and a subscription for my mom. Glossybox for everyone!
post #34 of 954

I sent a gift box to my mom and I guess they get this kind of obnoxious email with the title "(insert name) has sent you GIFT A GLOSSYBOX FOR $15 SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!"

Classy. icon_rolleyes.gif

post #35 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by pride View Post

I sent a gift box to my mom and I guess they get this kind of obnoxious email with the title "(insert name) has sent you GIFT A GLOSSYBOX FOR $15 SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!"

Classy. icon_rolleyes.gif

 

Wow.  That's not a great email for a gift, yikes.

 

I couldn't pass this one up either, especially when our detectives reminded us to use the code and the Ebates $2.75 back for a total of $7.25 for a Glossybox.  One item in it is bound to be worth that much.  That is an amazing deal.  Love it.  I might get another one for extras for gifts, it's so cheap!

post #36 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll View Post

 

Wow.  That's not a great email for a gift, yikes.

 

I couldn't pass this one up either, especially when our detectives reminded us to use the code and the Ebates $2.75 back for a total of $7.25 for a Glossybox.  One item in it is bound to be worth that much.  That is an amazing deal.  Love it.  I might get another one for extras for gifts, it's so cheap!


I'm trying to talk myself down from buying multiple boxes!

post #37 of 954

Same boat.  What if it's not so great?  What if it IS great and I didn't?  Ah, first world problems.  I do think I'm going to send one to my sister in law.  I'm not going to give her email address, though, I'm just going to give her regular address and when it shows up she'll be surprised.

post #38 of 954

If I remember correctly, it wouldn't let me not put an email address. I guess you could just put your email there though?

post #39 of 954

I definitely couldn't pass up getting the december glossybox for only $10... I'll be getting 2 of them now but i'll share it with my mom. Now lets just hope they have some good stuff in the box or this is going to be a waste, and I'm going to have to remember to cancel after i receive it. 

post #40 of 954
I didn't have to put an email address but I didn't send it as a gift. I just put my sister in laws address as the shipping address.
post #41 of 954

I just bought the $10 one in addition to the $12 something one I bought last week. I'm excited to try out this services as I have been weary due to their billing debacle over the summer.

post #42 of 954
Do you guys know what date glossybox usually charges for the next box?
post #43 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by pride View Post

I sent a gift box to my mom and I guess they get this kind of obnoxious email with the title "(insert name) has sent you GIFT A GLOSSYBOX FOR $15 SUBSCRIBERS ONLY!!"

Classy. icon_rolleyes.gif

That... is totally obnoxious and tacky.  WTH, Glossybox?

 

At least it was your mom and not..your mom-in-law or a frienemy or something.  Geez.  If I order a gift box I'll just send it to myself and then mail it out to whoever I want to send it to.  I'd be too mortified to risk the gift recipient receiving that email.

post #44 of 954
I saw somewhere on the GB website that the gift boxes will ship between December 10-14th. I just purchased 2 gift boxes and I used the 5r29 code with it that makes them $10. When I paid, the total said $10 each. When I checked my order status right after it said they both cost $15! Has this happened to anyone?? I just checked my pending credit card transactions and it says I was charged $15 for both boxes! I guess I will be calling their CS tomorrow... frown.gif
post #45 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittann View Post

I saw somewhere on the GB website that the gift boxes will ship between December 10-14th. I just purchased 2 gift boxes and I used the 5r29 code with it that makes them $10. When I paid, the total said $10 each. When I checked my order status right after it said they both cost $15! Has this happened to anyone?? I just checked my pending credit card transactions and it says I was charged $15 for both boxes! I guess I will be calling their CS tomorrow... frown.gif

Me too, but if you check your invoice, it is the correct debited amount. I came across the same problem on PayPal. Hopefully that's true for you. If not, definitely give them a call during their business hours tmrw!
post #46 of 954
Both of my invoices say $15... I guess I will be calling them tomorrow!!
post #47 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 View Post

Do you guys know what date glossybox usually charges for the next box?


Usually middle of the month. My November was charged on 11/15.

post #48 of 954

Make sure you're checking the right invoice; I always get two. One for the actual charge, and one when they process the box. 

 

The one when they process the box always lists the the full price on the subtotal, but the grand total should be $0. But yeah, it shouldn't show up on your credit card statement as full price...that's definitely wrong. Mine all came up as $10. Already sent 3 and contemplating a 4th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystica View Post

That... is totally obnoxious and tacky.  WTH, Glossybox?

 

At least it was your mom and not..your mom-in-law or a frienemy or something.  Geez.  If I order a gift box I'll just send it to myself and then mail it out to whoever I want to send it to.  I'd be too mortified to risk the gift recipient receiving that email.

Wasn't just my mom, unfortunately, also sent two boxes to two friends. :/ Luckily I don't think either of them care. GB supposedly changed the email now but I don't know what they've changed it to.

post #49 of 954

I didn't receive the email from Glossybox, but I have one sub and the R29 expired sub.  Is there anyone to access the gift box option without the email?
 

post #50 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaG View Post

I didn't receive the email from Glossybox, but I have one sub and the R29 expired sub.  Is there anyone to access the gift box option without the email?

 
If you have an active sub, you can access the gift option for $15 (1month).
post #51 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

I guess you can only order this if you have a monthly subscription, because it wouldn't let me do it and I am a subscriber, but I pay for 3 months at a time.

Yeah I didn't see this either...I also have the 3 month plan.

post #52 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoJannet View Post

Yeah I didn't see this either...I also have the 3 month plan.

Oh ok, I helped one of the girl here out. If you're interested, I can help enable some of you lol
post #53 of 954

So.... I got a little over zealous and purchased 3 additional December boxes for my Mom, sister, and boyfriend's mom. Now I'm thinking what if it has neon green eyeliner and glitter nail polish like this month's boxes? LOL My sister would use that stuff but my 60-something Mom and BF's Mom? Not so much. I think I was just in a MakeupTalk induced state of box frenzy coupled with being the laziest Christmas shopper ever. Hopefully there will at least be a couple of Mom-ish items, ha!

post #54 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmakey9 View Post

So.... I got a little over zealous and purchased 3 additional December boxes for my Mom, sister, and boyfriend's mom. Now I'm thinking what if it has neon green eyeliner and glitter nail polish like this month's boxes? LOL My sister would use that stuff but my 60-something Mom and BF's Mom? Not so much. I think I was just in a MakeupTalk induced state of box frenzy coupled with being the laziest Christmas shopper ever. Hopefully there will at least be a couple of Mom-ish items, ha!


Haha, nice! I have considered getting GB for my family/friends as well, but the only one of my friends who I think would enjoy it is already a subscriber haha! I hope your gift recipients get appropriate items! :)

post #55 of 954

Glossybox has posted on their Facebook a contest that pretty much says that Pleats Please perfume by Issey Miyake will be included in the next box. Excited to try it!

post #56 of 954
I'm excited too! For those who have received that type of item before in GB how is the sample size? Just a tiny vial or larger? Also, how do I insert spoilers? I dont know how to do that (new here) so I tried wording my comment in a way that wouldn't give away the surprise.
post #57 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post

I'm excited too! For those who have received that type of item before in GB how is the sample size? Just a tiny vial or larger? Also, how do I insert spoilers? I dont know how to do that (new here) so I tried wording my comment in a way that wouldn't give away the surprise.

I'm not sure if they've sampled it yet, it seemed like something new. To do a spoiler, click on the black word bubble two spaces over to the right of the smiley face and a box will pop up and anything you type in it will come up as a spoiler.

post #58 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by surelyslim View Post

Oh ok, I helped one of the girl here out. If you're interested, I can help enable some of you lol
Hahah thanks I'll definitely contact you if I do. For now I just reorder 3 months but I'm not sure my sister is interested (even though it's such a treat!) Is it $15 for a one time gift or is it $15 for the first month for a general subscription?
post #59 of 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoJannet View Post


Hahah thanks I'll definitely contact you if I do. For now I just reorder 3 months but I'm not sure my sister is interested (even though it's such a treat!) Is it $15 for a one time gift or is it $15 for the first month for a general subscription?

One time gift.

post #60 of 954

looking foward to gifting the glossyboxes

MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox December 2012