or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox January 2013

Birchbox January 2013

post #1 of 2106
Thread Starter 

I know that most of us haven't even gotten the December 2012 box yet (like me icon_sad.gif ) but I found this picture on instagram and thought I'd share!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

1000

 

 

Any guesses as to what the January samples could be??

post #2 of 2106
ooooooh....I think I spy nail polish all the way over to the right.
PS seriously though, I can't believe there's a thread already for January!
post #3 of 2106
Thread Starter 

I know it's early! But I found the pic and I reallllllllllllly wanted to start a birchbox thread yay.gif

post #4 of 2106

do it! :D

 

Also, in the first pic, I think I see Embryolisse, Caudalie, and those deborah lippman stripper to go polish cleaners? :) That's my best guess so far, but if Embryolisse is included, yay~

post #5 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 View Post

I know it's early! But I found the pic and I reallllllllllllly wanted to start a birchbox thread yay.gif

I'm not complaining~it's never too early to start speculating lol

Its just that.....I haven't started Xmas shopping yet..icon_redface.gif
post #6 of 2106

Looks like Deborah Lippman Strippers to Go (next to the polishes). Nail Inc polishes... wait these are flat and Nail Inc are round.... maybe Alessandro?

 

post #7 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Looks like Deborah Lippman Strippers to Go (next to the polishes). Nail Inc polishes... wait these are flat and Nail Inc are round.... maybe Alessandro?

 

I hope I don't see either one of those in my box next month. I hate nail polish samples!!

post #8 of 2106

Is that a banana on the far left?? Our "lifestyle extra" of the month perhaps? 4.gif

post #9 of 2106
Thread Starter 

I think that's a banana, spoon, and yogurt and granola. I think the theme might have to do with the new year, new beginnings,  resolutions, eating healthy....

post #10 of 2106
Thread Starter 

BUT a banana as a lifestyle extra would be better tasting then some of the other food extras

post #11 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 View Post

BUT a banana as a lifestyle extra would be better tasting then some of the other food extras

Lol yes, I would take a banana over some of those Larabars that taste like paper. Eugh...

post #12 of 2106
Can you imagine the complaints over soft brown yucky Nanas!? Lol
post #13 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautynewbie View Post

Can you imagine the complaints over soft brown yucky Nanas!? Lol

Ha! That was my first thought, too.yess.gif

post #14 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 View Post

I know that most of us haven't even gotten the December 2012 box yet (like me icon_sad.gif ) but I found this picture on instagram and thought I'd share!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

1000

 

 

Any guesses as to what the January samples could be??

Aside from the stripper to go and the nail polish, I spy lait-creme concentre, it looks like carols daughters monoi split end sealer ipsy gave out a few months ago, the aerie perfume, and some caudalie

post #15 of 2106
Yes on the DL Stripper to Go and nail polish! Yep, spied the food and was like wtf? Lol..whatever. Maybe that larger white tube on the left is some more Embriolisse? Something about the squiggle or ESS design is giving me that idea..last, but not least, is one of the skinny tubes another serum/moisturizer or a foundation possibly? Enough guessing for me, whew..lol
post #16 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

Yes on the DL Stripper to Go and nail polish! Yep, spied the food and was like wtf? Lol..whatever. Maybe that larger white tube on the left is some more Embriolisse? Something about the squiggle or ESS design is giving me that idea..last, but not least, is one of the skinny tubes another serum/moisturizer or a foundation possibly? Enough guessing for me, whew..lol

I was thinking that too for the silvery tube.

post #17 of 2106

I hope they have a lot of new products. I wish they would do some more of those bath bombs. I unfortunately did not get one, but they were so adorable!

post #18 of 2106
Yep, the polish is from Allesandro; BB just posted a blog about it!
post #19 of 2106
I'm somewhat new to BB, having gotten my first box in July. Somebody mentioned one of the spoiler pix looked like possibly a foundation? How can they send out a foundation since color & shade are so specific to each individual & the likelihood that a random foundation shade would match ones skin tone perfectly would be pretty slim, right? Or am I over thinking this?
post #20 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddygirl View Post

I'm somewhat new to BB, having gotten my first box in July. Somebody mentioned one of the spoiler pix looked like possibly a foundation? How can they send out a foundation since color & shade are so specific to each individual & the likelihood that a random foundation shade would match ones skin tone perfectly would be pretty slim, right? Or am I over thinking this?

Easy - if it's too light, they call it a highlighter...too dark, it's a bronzer. :)

post #21 of 2106
I actually will use darker foundations for contouring.. works great! Preferably, I'd want a perfect match, but that's a veeeeery long shot lol!
post #22 of 2106

Maybe they will roll out some more specific profile questions. (Doubt it though haha)

post #23 of 2106

pretty sure the thing on the far left is aeries shimmer fragrance whatever spray haha

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/brands/aerie/aerie-shimmer-1-7oz-fragrance

post #24 of 2106
I bet the food item is some healthy granola or something like that for the new year.
post #25 of 2106

i just realized out of my two boxes this month i got 5 out of the 6 products they had in the sneak peek video, 4 from the month before.  I wonder if this month will be the same...

post #26 of 2106

what is that light blue tube in the middle with the pink?  i can't make it out.

post #27 of 2106

Maybe the nail polishes are Butter London? :) (keeping my fingers crossed!)

post #28 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by messjess18 View Post

Maybe the nail polishes are Butter London? :) (keeping my fingers crossed!)

This!  :D

post #29 of 2106
Thread Starter 

The nail polishes are prob Alessandro as was mentioned earlier BB just did a blog post about it

http://blog.birchbox.com/post/37712951794/exclusive-this-new-german-polish-makes-home-manis

post #30 of 2106

The profile questions don't seem to have any influence on my box except for the color of the cc cream. I have on my profile that my splurge item would be polish. The only polish I've recvieved this whole year are two Color Club minis. They aren't supposed to send repeats but I guess it doesn't count if it is a different color huh. I don't know whether to go ahead and cancel or wait a while longer. I may get a polish next month, lol!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox January 2013