or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox January 2013

Birchbox January 2013 - Page 5

post #121 of 2106

I was always pleased with my box, until I started looking up box reviews online and although sometimes I get upset that I didnt get something that someone else did it helps to know that I can trade it on MakeupTalk!

post #122 of 2106

Excited to see what 2013 will bring!

 

I hope for some Tarte stuff!

post #123 of 2106
I am staying one more month and then I really have to cancel. I have too much stuff. the last thing I need with moving in a few months is more stuff. maybe I'll resin one day.
post #124 of 2106
sorry for extra posts. there was a glitch with my kindle
post #125 of 2106

How is there a 5-page BB post that I hadn't discovered yet???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkdior713 View Post

I am staying one more month and then I really have to cancel. I have too much stuff. the last thing I need with moving in a few months is more stuff. maybe I'll resin one day.

 

Same here... signed up to try it for a month, and was very disappointed.  I don't even think I would have been happy if I hadn't been able to compare boxes on MuT.  I made some of the profile changes suggested a few pages ago, and I'm going to see if I get stuff I like as a wealthy teenager instead of a middle-class suburban mom ;)

 

By the way, how can you make a "blank" selection in the profile on BB? I made selections for all of my categories, and I'm not sure how to change a selection back to blank.

post #126 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

 

By the way, how can you make a "blank" selection in the profile on BB? I made selections for all of my categories, and I'm not sure how to change a selection back to blank.

There should be an option at the top of each drop down menu that says 'Please Select'...just select that one to leave it 'blank'

post #127 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbot View Post

Excited to see what 2013 will bring!

 

I hope for some Tarte stuff!

I agree! Hoping for a mini amazonian clay blush!

post #128 of 2106
Luv luv tarte cosmetics- all makeup welcome ( no mascaras- I have so many samples to get through..lol!)
post #129 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

Luv luv tarte cosmetics- all makeup welcome ( no mascaras- I have so many samples to get through..lol!)

Me too! I love their amazonian clay blushes, I just hit pan on their bronzer, have a million of their lipsurgences and love them. I hoping they will maybe add in some of their maracuja line since its fairly new

post #130 of 2106

Yeah I hope we get something besides lip gloss and mascara. I'm really hoping they send out the benefit eye cream again.

post #131 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

There should be an option at the top of each drop down menu that says 'Please Select'...just select that one to leave it 'blank'
Awesome thank you!
post #132 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

I agree! Hoping for a mini amazonian clay blush!

 

I would die of happiness!!

post #133 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamAsh View Post

 

I would die of happiness!!

Those little half sizes they offered in the 4-pack at Sephora would be awesome!

post #134 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

Those little half sizes they offered in the 4-pack at Sephora would be awesome!

They even have one that is a quarter of the full size! I got it in the carried away kit and loved the color! Same packaging size, just a shallower pan

post #135 of 2106

Ive never tried anything from tarte so i hope to see some :) ive only tried the mascara

post #136 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

I agree! Hoping for a mini amazonian clay blush!

 

That would be awesome! ::fingerscrossed::

post #137 of 2106

I would LOVE to see more genuine "deluxe" samples from BB. Starting to get bummed that so much of what they've been sending out are foil packets. I don't expect full-sized products (nice to get, but not what I signed up for), but I do expect some samples in decent packaging with enough product to let me really make up my mind. I hope the backlash from that per-fekt gloss blister pack was enough to prevent THAT fiasco again.

 

Off topic, but did anyone else order the Jouer Sparkle & Pop crackers? I ordered a total of 7 (3 loose, and a 4 pack), and they all had the same sample product! And one of them was missing the cocktail ring. Super cute idea, the packaging was wonderful, but disappointing in the execution.

post #138 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeIt View Post

I would LOVE to see more genuine "deluxe" samples from BB. Starting to get bummed that so much of what they've been sending out are foil packets. I don't expect full-sized products (nice to get, but not what I signed up for), but I do expect some samples in decent packaging with enough product to let me really make up my mind. I hope the backlash from that per-fekt gloss blister pack was enough to prevent THAT fiasco again.

 

Off topic, but did anyone else order the Jouer Sparkle & Pop crackers? I ordered a total of 7 (3 loose, and a 4 pack), and they all had the same sample product! And one of them was missing the cocktail ring. Super cute idea, the packaging was wonderful, but disappointing in the execution.


I was very disappointed with my Jouer sparkle and pop as well the lip enhancer was great to get but the ring was cheap and 4 sizes too small. The bubbles are great for entertaining my cat but I felt it was a waste of $12.

post #139 of 2106

Plus 2 samples gone?

Or...

Maybe they finally ran out of the chump samples in there, and are getting ready to post new ones?

post #140 of 2106
They are backordered according to an email I got. I had ordered one with my full size stuff ( hated the one choice they had but ordered it anyway). Can't complain as they credited me 100 points!
post #141 of 2106
I bought the 4 cracker set and the rings were too small and they all had lip enhancers in them
post #142 of 2106

Speaking of crackers....I 'popped' (lol) on some new years eve crackers at party city because I heard everyone else mentioning 'crackers' and I'd never even heard of them! They say there is a 'riddle', a toy, and a paper crown in each one....which made the BF balk at the price, but I think they will be fun to pop open with the kids on new years!

post #143 of 2106

I bought a 4 pack of the Jouer crackers and they all had the lip enhancer and the bow ring. They were definitely cute, but not worth the price. I am glad I used my points on them so they weren't full price!

post #144 of 2106

I'm so ready to see what January brings! Hopefully, like someone said above, Birchbox listens to the customers and we start seeing more deluxe samples again. I would love to see Tarte since that is one brand that I've explored the least. I'm pretty much maxed out on mascaras, lip products and skincare. So hopefully there's some different stuff! Come on BB, let's see more makeup!

 

How is everyone planning on celebrating the new year?? 15d.gif

post #145 of 2106

I'm hoping for a magical box from BB in January... they have one more month to impress me before I cancel.  And it's sad, because I *want* to like BB so bad!  It was the first sub I heard about, and even though I had to wait quite awhile to get in, I was so excited to get my first box!  And then I hated it.  It had a few things in it that (I felt) went directly against my profile, and the rest was just nothing exciting.  I gave away my entire box, which was so not what I wanted - Birchbox is one of my *me* splurges!

 

It would be awesome to get makeup this month, especially because Ipsy is looking like it'll have fewer makeup items this month.  Surprise me, BB. In a good way.

post #146 of 2106

I got a surprise in the mail today.

BB 1 year anniversary key chain. 

post #147 of 2106

Well I'll have to live vicariously through you guys this month as I already cancelled(after cashing in on my points of course!).  Hopefully they go back to the deluxe samples instead of packets sometime soon. :(

post #148 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwynn View Post

I got a surprise in the mail today.

BB 1 year anniversary key chain. 

Wow, how was that?  waccha.gif

post #149 of 2106

I've been trying to decide on a Birchbox store purchase forever just to treat myself to something. I somewhat randomly decided tonight to get the Jack Black Balm Quad because I've been wanting to try those lip balms for a long time. Paying only five dollars for a set of four Jack Black Lip Balms when one is normally about eight bucks felt pretty good. 

 

Back on topic, I feel like I've been waiting ages for this month to end. Seems like way more than a month ago that I received my December box, and I got mine late. 

post #150 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautynewbie View Post

Can you imagine the complaints over soft brown yucky Nanas!? Lol

hahah if they made it over here they'd be frozen yucky brown nanas!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox January 2013