or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox January 2013

Birchbox January 2013 - Page 6

post #151 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

I've been trying to decide on a Birchbox store purchase forever just to treat myself to something. I somewhat randomly decided tonight to get the Jack Black Balm Quad because I've been wanting to try those lip balms for a long time. Paying only five dollars for a set of four Jack Black Lip Balms when one is normally about eight bucks felt pretty good. 

Back on topic, I feel like I've been waiting ages for this month to end. Seems like way more than a month ago that I received my December box, and I got mine late. 

I'm with you... This has been a long December...I'm so ready for 2013- this is going to be my best year ever!

Wishing you all a Happy, Heathy, & prosperous New Year!!!
post #152 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

Speaking of crackers....I 'popped' (lol) on some new years eve crackers at party city because I heard everyone else mentioning 'crackers' and I'd never even heard of them! They say there is a 'riddle', a toy, and a paper crown in each one....which made the BF balk at the price, but I think they will be fun to pop open with the kids on new years!


This is a tradition in my family every Christmas eve... :) The paper crowns are fun and everyone gets a little joke or riddle that we read aloud. Cheesy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We have been doing it for as long as I can remember (and now I'm 26!)

post #153 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post


I'm with you... This has been a long December...I'm so ready for 2013- this is going to be my best year ever!
Wishing you all a Happy, Heathy, & prosperous New Year!!!


I love your attitude!  I'm with you on 2013 being the best year ever, cheers to making it so tee.gif  (been dying to use this!)

post #154 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrowebird View Post


This is a tradition in my family every Christmas eve... :) The paper crowns are fun and everyone gets a little joke or riddle that we read aloud. Cheesy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We have been doing it for as long as I can remember (and now I'm 26!)

Sounds great! I'm always looking for some fun traditions to share with the kids :D

post #155 of 2106

I just renewed my BB for a yearly subscription so I could take advantage of that double points offer. SIGH. What did I just do with my life. BB better step up their game because I sincerely hope I don't regret that.

 

I hope they're doing the Benefit eye creme again this month... I really wanted one! No despair though, lol. I finally got the theBalm's MLM about 3 months after it came out in the boxes.

post #156 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I just renewed my BB for a yearly subscription so I could take advantage of that double points offer. SIGH. What did I just do with my life. BB better step up their game because I sincerely hope I don't regret that.

 

I hope they're doing the Benefit eye creme again this month... I really wanted one! No despair though, lol. I finally got the theBalm's MLM about 3 months after it came out in the boxes.

 

I think the MLM was a bit over hyped since it's from a well known, high end makeup brand. I got it, and honestly...eh. I actually prefer Benefit's Watt's Up. Come to think of it, I actually have two of the MLMs because Birchbox dun goofed. 

 

It's a couple days early, but wishing everyone a happy New Year! Here's to no buys, Spring collections (but we don't need any of this stuff since we all have so much makeup, right? ...HA. >_>), and Birchbox remembering what "deluxe sample" is supposed to mean. Cheers, everyone! party.gifbeer.gifgulp.giftrink4.gif

post #157 of 2106
Right there with you! Hoping they do great this coming year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

I just renewed my BB for a yearly subscription so I could take advantage of that double points offer. SIGH. What did I just do with my life. BB better step up their game because I sincerely hope I don't regret that.

I hope they're doing the Benefit eye creme again this month... I really wanted one! No despair though, lol. I finally got the theBalm's MLM about 3 months after it came out in the boxes.
post #158 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

 

I think the MLM was a bit over hyped since it's from a well known, high end makeup brand. I got it, and honestly...eh. I actually prefer Benefit's Watt's Up. Come to think of it, I actually have two of the MLMs because Birchbox dun goofed. 

 

It's a couple days early, but wishing everyone a happy New Year! Here's to no buys, Spring collections (but we don't need any of this stuff since we all have so much makeup, right? ...HA. >_>), and Birchbox remembering what "deluxe sample" is supposed to mean. Cheers, everyone! party.gifbeer.gifgulp.giftrink4.gif

Happy New Year to you too! And may all your wishes come true!  I luv the little drunken smileys.... so perfect!

post #159 of 2106

Oh my goodness. I just checked - my January BB is already one state away, according to tracking!!?? I didn't get a notification, but the on-site tracking has it in VA - I'm in NC. Anyone else? The only slight thing I can think of is that it's on my main account which had a one year gift sub that ran out in Dec, but I got another year from the boyfriend's brother and his finace. Maybe it's sending another welcome box? But then again, it's still on the same account, and it does say January tracking. 

 

Shocked, but excited!

post #160 of 2106

I just had a heart attack when I logged in and saw mine was in my city!!

 

But then I realized that was for December.  scream3.gif

post #161 of 2106
Yeah I only have tracking for December, but I usually get one of the later boxes.
post #162 of 2106
I checked too... My December tracking is still up- I usually don't have tracking up for at least another week- mine usually arrives around the 13th. Another 2 weeks box free- between bb, ipsy, glossy & pop sugar I wished they'd spread out evening so I'd get a box a week- oh well those 2 weeks are soooo fun!!
post #163 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

I checked too... My December tracking is still up- I usually don't have tracking up for at least another week- mine usually arrives around the 13th. Another 2 weeks box free- between bb, ipsy, glossy & pop sugar I wished they'd spread out evening so I'd get a box a week- oh well those 2 weeks are soooo fun!!

Oh man, if we were able to choose the date of the month our boxes were shipped, that would be AWESOME.

post #164 of 2106

Huh, so weird. Either I'm getting another welcome box...or...maybe it's the 1 year key chain thing? And the system got confused and put it as January Box? I won't get my mail until a week from Tuesday or Wednesday, so maybe I'll call this week to check what's up. 

post #165 of 2106

Do they send the 1 year key chain separate from the December Birchbox? December would have been my 1 year and I haven't gotten anything.

post #166 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby12 View Post

Do they send the 1 year key chain separate from the December Birchbox? December would have been my 1 year and I haven't gotten anything.
November was my 2 year anniversary, and I got the key chain separately. It came near the end of November.
post #167 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwynn View Post

Oh man, if we were able to choose the date of the month our boxes were shipped, that would be AWESOME.

This^
post #168 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSlainte View Post


November was my 2 year anniversary, and I got the key chain separately. It came near the end of November.

February 2012 was my 1 year and I got the key chain in November with a note saying happy one year.  It was a bit... wtf, addition, Birchbox.

post #169 of 2106
What does the key chain look like 8D
post #170 of 2106

November was my one-year anniversary, and it came as a separate package, late December.

 

Looks like this.

 

(the one that holds a little lip balm, not the elephant or the strappy ones)

post #171 of 2106

I have that keychain and you need to be careful because it tends to pop open. I had money hidden in mine and lost it. I DID find the money in the house but it could have easily have fallen outside of the house. It's also short so anything but a lip balm won't fit.

post #172 of 2106

Birchbox is the only subscription service that I will be keeping in 2013. I cancelled all of the others, except Julep and Stylemint, both of which I need to call by phone, when they get back to business hours.

 

I do agree that Watts Up by Benefit is the best highlighter. But I love Mary Lou as eyeshadow, when I want to look like I'm not wearing makeup.

post #173 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

They look the same to me, just in Technicolor...lol. Could definitely rock them at the big Gay Pride party Seattle throws every year. I never tried these and was a little curious, but worried about the fit.. hmmm.

Took me forever to find this post! HauteLook is having a sale on Violent Lips. They have these and a few other eye liners on sale for $5 and the lip tattoos for $7.50. biggrin.gif

Grrrrrrrr....I hate posting on my iPad! It picked the wrong post. This is for Scooby384! frown.gif
post #174 of 2106

If you get a keychain for 1 year do they still email you a 20% off code?

post #175 of 2106

25% off 

post #176 of 2106
Ooh this is so exciting- my 1 year is in February- if I get a 25% off, I think I'm going to go for the clarisonic!! I have pretty great skin, it's the blackheads on my nose that drive me bananas- will the clarisonic help??
post #177 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKayleeJames View Post


Took me forever to find this post! HauteLook is having a sale on Violent Lips. They have these and a few other eye liners on sale for $5 and the lip tattoos for $7.50. biggrin.gif
Grrrrrrrr....I hate posting on my iPad! It picked the wrong post. This is for Scooby384! frown.gif

Aww thanks! I ended up ordering a set of the Violent Eyes off their home site with a 30% off code.....I ordered the rainbow glitter Violent Eyes, and they sent those plus a sheet of purple glitter ones I guess as a bonus? lol Anyway, I ended up using some rainbow ones on Christmas Eve, and got one stuck on my eye lid...like, stuck. Wouldn't come off! Was like that all Xmas day too hahaha. Only then did I realize they tell you to wear them on top of eye makeup or primer lol. I did like them though, I got tons of compliments from ladies while I was out haha

post #178 of 2106

Did anyone else get a BB email this morning...it said to be on the lookout for a wish list!

post #179 of 2106

Shit, I just remembered that I forgot to update my billing info. Hopefully my box won't be too delayed.
 

post #180 of 2106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathie View Post

Did anyone else get a BB email this morning...it said to be on the lookout for a wish list!


The mention of more international brands piqued my interest.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox January 2013