or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Makeup and Beauty Forums › Off Topic › Advice and Rants › What's making you happy right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's making you happy right now?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

There's a "What's irritating you?" thread but no upbeat one, so I thought I'd make one. I hope this is the right place.

 

 

I'm super stoked that my nursing school application has been officially submitted as of today. marchmellow.gif

 

 

So, what's making you happy?

post #2 of 14

My kitten Ginger makes me happy. I call her my 4th daughter but unlike my human daughters this one doesn't take my makeup. LOL

post #3 of 14

I have tons :)

 

- I just got my grades back and I officially passed my first semester of nursing school 

- The semester being over means I get 4 weeks off (SO MUCH SLEEP!!!)

- My awesome husband, who has been waking up with our 3 year old daughter almost evry morning so I can sleep in since I'm SO tired all the time right now

- Upcoming holidays mean I get to see family that I only see once or twice a year

- My daughter. Everything about her. She gets sweeter every day. I'm overwhelmed with how much I love her.

- Her little sister is due in 8 weeks! This pregnancy has flown by, and I'm so ready to meet her!

post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie View Post

I have tons :)

 

- I just got my grades back and I officially passed my first semester of nursing school 

- The semester being over means I get 4 weeks off (SO MUCH SLEEP!!!)

- My awesome husband, who has been waking up with our 3 year old daughter almost evry morning so I can sleep in since I'm SO tired all the time right now

- Upcoming holidays mean I get to see family that I only see once or twice a year

- My daughter. Everything about her. She gets sweeter every day. I'm overwhelmed with how much I love her.

- Her little sister is due in 8 weeks! This pregnancy has flown by, and I'm so ready to meet her!

 

So jealous! How did you like the first semester? Got any pointers/things you wish you'd done prior to starting?

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

 

So jealous! How did you like the first semester? Got any pointers/things you wish you'd done prior to starting?

It was great! I wish I would have taken my anatomy and physiology class before applying, because having nursing and a&p (and morning sickness, haha) was really tough, but all in all it went really well. I loved the class and felt like I was exactly where i was supposed to be the whole semester. I'm honestly bummed that I have to drop out of the program for a bit (I'll still be taking classes, just not nursing classes, since I can't be licensed if I miss any clinicals and childbirth and rigid schedules dont mix :P )

post #6 of 14

1. My children and hub are all safe and home tonight.

2. I am currently eating fresh home made pizza with a big glass of iced tea while my dachshund sleeps on my foot and my hub snores in the recliner. Good times :)

3. My dad got some good medical news after worrying for awhile.

 

I am sure there are many more things but I am tired and it's late lol

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

There's a "What's irritating you?" thread but no upbeat one, so I thought I'd make one. I hope this is the right place.

 

 

I'm super stoked that my nursing school application has been officially submitted as of today. marchmellow.gif

 

 

So, what's making you happy?

That little jumpy fat lump you've got next to your entry is so funny ! :) Made me laugh haha

post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 

Last night, my 8 year old niece was showing me what she got for her birthday. Her favorite was a makeup kit from my parents. I watched her do her makeup too, and she is too funny. She watches a lot of makeup tutorial videos on youtube, so she was contouring her nose even, with a light/pale eyeshadow. She was telling me what she was doing, step by step, and it was so cute. I let her do my makeup too, and she did a nice job (though I wouldn't put pink eyeshadow on myself!) She used like 4 colors, doing a gradient. I'm so tempted to put her on youtube!

post #9 of 14
Amberlamps, that's adorable! Lol

Last night, I spent 4 hours helping my "other" mother wrap Christmas presents and catching up, chatting and whatnot. It's a close friend's mom and she considers me part of their family, and I as well. Since my mom passed away several years ago, I relish having an older woman to be able to talk to and do the mom/daughter things. Plus, I love wrapping up gifts and find it relaxing. It's fun and I adore bows and ribbons, also the thought of how excited people are when they have a present to rip open. smile.gif
post #10 of 14

What's making me happy right now....

 

All the packages and goodies I'm getting in the mail!

Cuddling my mini daschund Molly

this amazing fuzzy, soft, cozy blanket I got from Target.

the smell of my Lush products

I have a month off for winter break

my trip to Arizona is coming up!

playing call of duty with my boyfriend.

spending time with my family.

post #11 of 14
I just made an order and should finally obtain VIB status with Sephora! Lol, silly to be so excited, but yep, I am! Plus, one more night of work and then I'm off for several days and can get to baking last minute Christmas treats!
post #12 of 14

It's Christmas tomorrow!

post #13 of 14

One of my daughters. She just got a new dress that she is twirling around the living room in like a butterfly. She just looks so pretty. Treasured mom moments icon_cheesygrin.gif

post #14 of 14

-I'm happy I have a job. I know a good job is hard to come by & I get paid well for my job/position. 

-My cats. I love just laying my head on their bellies. Fur around my face is comforting for some odd reason.

-My car! It's a crapbucket but it's ALLLLMINEEE.

-My boyfriend. The reasons he makes me happy fall under such a wide umbrella I can't fit it all here. He's amazing.

-My mom, brother & uncle. They all reeeeally get under my skin sometimes but they are my family and my life without them would just be wrong.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Advice and Rants
MakeupTalk.com › Makeup and Beauty Forums › Off Topic › Advice and Rants › What's making you happy right now?