or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › (SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013 - Page 6

post #151 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

Yep, this is me, except my nearest Ulta or place I can find NYX, period is about an hour and a half away, and with the hours I work, I make that trip maybe once a year...bah! lol. But I don't care if a product isn't high end or super expensive, as long as I feel the bag was a good value, and I can and will use the things I got, I'm happy! 

 

I think that's why, in the end, I prefer Ipsy to BB...Birchbox has some higher end brands, but once I use that tiny packet up, I usually can't afford the full size...whereas Ipsy has introduced me to things like Coastal Scents shadows and Be a Bombshell liner that are quite nice quality, but I can totally afford.

 

And I feel like these subs are especially nice for us small towners...while I see a lot of girls on here say "why not just go to Sephora and pick something out??"...well, when your closes Sephora is a 2 hour drive, not always feasible. I do most of my cosmetic shopping online, so trying new things through these subs is priceless! :)

 

I think you really described my feelings with this post! The closest Sephora to me is almost 3 hours away and closest Ulta is an hour and a half. I don't always like ordering products online because the return process can be a pain if you end up not liking it! This is why I almost always end up buying drugstore products over high end because I can physically look at the product and see if it will work. 

 

I would love to see a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in a future bag. That is the one NYX product that I absolutely want! I haven't been too fond of some of the other NYX products in past glam bags, but I do like that it is has given me exposure to a brand that I otherwise would not have known about. And I would be interested in seeing more from this brand!

 

Also, I live in a town that doesn't even have a Walgreens. Just Rite Aid and CVS. So I'm instantly jealous of anyone that has easy access to that store! Haha! smile.gif

post #152 of 1419
Uh oh Zadi, Meg says the blood orange lotion has raspberries!
post #153 of 1419
Pacifica’s Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter ingredients (Click to show)

aqua (water), caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearic acid (vegetable source), glycerin (vegetable source), fragrance (Pacifica’s own perfume blend with natural and essential oils), carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, glyceryl stearate (vegetable source), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, stearyl alcohol (grain), polysorbate 60, mango butter, prunus amygdalus dulcis (almond) seed oil, rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, organic aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, organic arnica montana flower extract, organic chamomile flower extract, organic white tea extract, anacyclus, pyrethrum root extract, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium carbomer, citric acid, betacarotene.

 

It doesn't specifically state in the ingredients that there is actual raspberries in it HOWEVER I will be passing on this onto one of my girls to give as a gift to one of their friends since I won't take the chance. Sucks being allergic to raspberries.

post #154 of 1419

What Zadi says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

LOL Yup. I'm actually some what relieved there isn't any makeup - yet. No more mascara and eyeliners! LOL Least not for a while. Personally I'm burnt out on mascara and eyeliners and lip glosses.

post #155 of 1419

I want a mascara!!! I missed out on the Benefit and my Balm is almost empty. I would LOVE to try theBalm's mascara for lengthening. I adored the Body Builder one.
 

post #156 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2010 View Post

I want a mascara!!! I missed out on the Benefit and my Balm is almost empty. I would LOVE to try theBalm's mascara for lengthening. I adored the Body Builder one.
 

Agreed! I never get mascara samples. It is the one product I use every single day, regardless, so I go through it quickly and more is always welcome. I always see ladies here talk about how they're swimming in mascara samples and I get jealous!

 

I did use my BB points to get theBalm's Tall, Dark, and Handsome and it's pretty nice but I think I prefer the Body Builder...though I might be the only one, reviews make it seem like most prefer the other. lol :) But they're actually very similar in formula, I just prefer the Body Builder's brush...the lenghtening one has that plastic kind of brush that I don't like as well.

post #157 of 1419

yay! i'm extremely excited. i was debating on getting the josie maran oil so mos def excited about that. & have always wanted to try the body butters by pacifica. any info on what else will be included in the bag? woot! :)

post #158 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisjane View Post

yay! i'm extremely excited. i was debating on getting the josie maran oil so mos def excited about that. & have always wanted to try the body butters by pacifica. any info on what else will be included in the bag? woot! :)

They're not releasing any more sneak peeks til Wed (Jan 2nd).  I don't know how I'll wait that long... lol!  Does anyone know what size the JM Oil is? I have absolute faith that it won't be a foil packet, but considering how expensive it is, I'm guessing that it will NOT be one of the full-size items this month!

 

I'm so glad they're mixing it up this month, but I am hoping for at least one makeup item! Come on, Ipsy! Lip pencils! Hear our cries!

post #159 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Agreed! I never get mascara samples. It is the one product I use every single day, regardless, so I go through it quickly and more is always welcome. I always see ladies here talk about how they're swimming in mascara samples and I get jealous!

 

I did use my BB points to get theBalm's Tall, Dark, and Handsome and it's pretty nice but I think I prefer the Body Builder...though I might be the only one, reviews make it seem like most prefer the other. lol :) But they're actually very similar in formula, I just prefer the Body Builder's brush...the lenghtening one has that plastic kind of brush that I don't like as well.

If you have a trade thread I would be more than happy to try to trade off some mascara! Lol!

post #160 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Agreed! I never get mascara samples. It is the one product I use every single day, regardless, so I go through it quickly and more is always welcome. I always see ladies here talk about how they're swimming in mascara samples and I get jealous!

 

I did use my BB points to get theBalm's Tall, Dark, and Handsome and it's pretty nice but I think I prefer the Body Builder...though I might be the only one, reviews make it seem like most prefer the other. lol :) But they're actually very similar in formula, I just prefer the Body Builder's brush...the lenghtening one has that plastic kind of brush that I don't like as well.

I get alot of mascara and lip products, but I never get any blush or bronzer!

post #161 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Pacifica’s Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter ingredients (Click to show)

aqua (water), caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearic acid (vegetable source), glycerin (vegetable source), fragrance (Pacifica’s own perfume blend with natural and essential oils), carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, glyceryl stearate (vegetable source), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, stearyl alcohol (grain), polysorbate 60, mango butter, prunus amygdalus dulcis (almond) seed oil, rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, organic aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, organic cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, organic arnica montana flower extract, organic chamomile flower extract, organic white tea extract, anacyclus, pyrethrum root extract, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium carbomer, citric acid, betacarotene.

 

It doesn't specifically state in the ingredients that there is actual raspberries in it HOWEVER I will be passing on this onto one of my girls to give as a gift to one of their friends since I won't take the chance. Sucks being allergic to raspberries.

Crap. Almond seed oil. That's a no go for me. :-(

post #162 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

They're not releasing any more sneak peeks til Wed (Jan 2nd).  I don't know how I'll wait that long... lol!  Does anyone know what size the JM Oil is? I have absolute faith that it won't be a foil packet, but considering how expensive it is, I'm guessing that it will NOT be one of the full-size items this month!

I'm so glad they're mixing it up this month, but I am hoping for at least one makeup item! Come on, Ipsy! Lip pencils! Hear our cries!

I don't know the size for certain but it looks exactly like the bottle I received in a bronzing set and it was .25oz. I get the .5oz normally and it lasts me several months. But I only use it a few nights a weeks on my face and eyes. Hope this helps,
post #163 of 1419
If anyone's thinking of using the "Ipsy" code on Urban Decay I'd suggest ordering tonight or tomorrow! I just ordered and they have their shipping dept closed till tomorrow. Looks like they closed for inventory from 12/19-12/30. But as a thank you anyone who orders through the 31st gets a free deluxe sample of their curling mascara, 24/7 eye pencil and eye primer potion. Plus they are still giving the samples of the naked BB. And free shipping on all orders at $35....Plus the sample Ipsy bag! I ordered the mystery bag that has the sample size mascara, deslick setting spray, 24/7 eye pencil, and full size lip junkie in Naked. So I'm getting 3 mascara a and 3 eye pencils! And I got the black velvet lashes....can't wait to try them! So lots of extras if you hurry!!!!!
post #164 of 1419
The plastic brushs are my fav!!!!
post #165 of 1419
I got the mystery bag and naked gloss. Had no idea a full size gloss was in the mystery bag. Fail. Lol
post #166 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKayleeJames View Post


I don't know the size for certain but it looks exactly like the bottle I received in a bronzing set and it was .25oz. I get the .5oz normally and it lasts me several months. But I only use it a few nights a weeks on my face and eyes. Hope this helps,

 

Thank you! Exactly the info I was looking for! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKayleeJames View Post

If anyone's thinking of using the "Ipsy" code on Urban Decay I'd suggest ordering tonight or tomorrow! I just ordered and they have their shipping dept closed till tomorrow. Looks like they closed for inventory from 12/19-12/30. But as a thank you anyone who orders through the 31st gets a free deluxe sample of their curling mascara, 24/7 eye pencil and eye primer potion. Plus they are still giving the samples of the naked BB. And free shipping on all orders at $35....Plus the sample Ipsy bag! I ordered the mystery bag that has the sample size mascara, deslick setting spray, 24/7 eye pencil, and full size lip junkie in Naked. So I'm getting 3 mascara a and 3 eye pencils! And I got the black velvet lashes....can't wait to try them! So lots of extras if you hurry!!!!!

 

Oh my gosh... I love you and hate you for telling me this... I'm a sucker for Gift with Purchases... and this made my day!  I got the Mystery Bag ($16), and the Deluxe Shadow Box (sale - $19) which exactly add up to $35, so I got free shipping, and....

 

Sample BB Cream (I was totes jealous of all the Ipsy ladies that got this... now I'll have some of my very own!

Sample Supercurl Mascara

Sample Eyeshadow Card

Sample Eyeshadow Primer

Sample Mini 24/7 Eyeliner (kinda scared of the random color, but... FREE!)

AND the Ipsy Travel Bag!!!!!

 

Ok, I just love you now. Totally worth it.  And both the products I bought were worth way more... "over $45" for the $16 bag, and the Shadow set was $36, so... over $80 worth of stuff, plus all the samples, for $35.  So happy right now.

post #167 of 1419

I can't get the ipsy code to apply even though I have over $40 worth of stuff in my cart, it says coupon ipsy 'not applied'...is it because I'm using a $5 off coupon as well? 

post #168 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandamanda View Post

I can't get the ipsy code to apply even though I have over $40 worth of stuff in my cart, it says coupon ipsy 'not applied'...is it because I'm using a $5 off coupon as well? 

 

Nevermind, I just took off the $5-off code and used the ipsy one, I'll use that $5 for when shipping goes back to free at $50

post #169 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoru View Post

I live on my subs too! There's Rite Aid and CVS at walking distance but I am a Walgreens fan :(

Living in a ghetto place with no car is horrible. (I am an Asian female who can't drive at all)

The closest mall is in downtown but it has nothing. Not even Sephora. The nearest Sephora takes 1hr20min bus ride, so does Ulta. But because of that I have been doing well on my no buy though.

 Ugh I feel you! I'm from St. Louis originally, where drugstores, Ulta and Sephora are all very close and in driving distance (10-15 minutes away), but I'm only there on holiday. The rest of the time I'm in Davis, CA...where the only places you can buy makeup are RiteAid and CVS. Oh, and Target (whose appearance apparently brought on much protesting by the townsfolk lol). No malls. No Sephoras, no Ultas. Aaand I have no car to drive myself to the nearest shops (over in Sacramento)  :-( Consequently the UPS guy knows me well on account of all my online shopping.

 

Oh, we *do* have a Bath & Body Works, thank God. They also know me really well, since that's the only place I can get my girly shopping fixes, lol.

post #170 of 1419

I know a lot of sites don't allow you to use 2 coupon codes on the same order...  Not sure about UD's particular policy, but i think you made the right decision! The Ipsy bag is definitely worth more than $5!

post #171 of 1419

Not sure if this has been answered here or somwhere else, but do we know what's in the free ipsy travel bag on the urban decay site?

post #172 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baberanza View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Agreed! I never get mascara samples. It is the one product I use every single day, regardless, so I go through it quickly and more is always welcome. I always see ladies here talk about how they're swimming in mascara samples and I get jealous!

 

I did use my BB points to get theBalm's Tall, Dark, and Handsome and it's pretty nice but I think I prefer the Body Builder...though I might be the only one, reviews make it seem like most prefer the other. lol :) But they're actually very similar in formula, I just prefer the Body Builder's brush...the lenghtening one has that plastic kind of brush that I don't like as well.

If you have a trade thread I would be more than happy to try to trade off some mascara! Lol!

 

LOL, mine is empty right now as I've been using everything up and trying to avoid clutter, so I pass most things off to my sister, but after my round of January boxes, I'll see what I have to trade. :)

post #173 of 1419

I think I am glad I resubbed. I dropped it in December after getting my second set of red lip gloss/black liner in three months from Ipsy. I decided I would order a Wantable box every few months instead. However,  I just dropped PopSugar and picked this back up along with Yuzen AND I can still get the Wantable box! I am excited for the oil. I used a $20 Sephora gift card to pay for a portion  of a $50 bottle of Claudile Divine Oil (smells like heaven) but it will disappear quickly I fear. The JM oil will come just in time!

post #174 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Agreed! I never get mascara samples. It is the one product I use every single day, regardless, so I go through it quickly and more is always welcome. I always see ladies here talk about how they're swimming in mascara samples and I get jealous!

 

I did use my BB points to get theBalm's Tall, Dark, and Handsome and it's pretty nice but I think I prefer the Body Builder...though I might be the only one, reviews make it seem like most prefer the other. lol :) But they're actually very similar in formula, I just prefer the Body Builder's brush...the lenghtening one has that plastic kind of brush that I don't like as well.

I get alot of mascara and lip products, but I never get any blush or bronzer!

 

I get so many lip products that I"m starting to dislike them! LOL, I went through a phase over the summer where everyone kept sending me bronzers, and I'm a pale pink toned lady, I DO NOT use bronzers!

 

I get blushes from time to time, too, and I;m happy with that...love 'em!

post #175 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagLady View Post

Not sure if this has been answered here or somwhere else, but do we know what's in the free ipsy travel bag on the urban decay site?

It looks like a lip junkie, mascara sample, shadow pencil and a sample card of the primer potion

post #176 of 1419

Just placed my order! so excited!

 

I ordered:

  • A XL deslick since I love that stuff so much! ($18)
  • Primer potion duo! after trying so many primers, its still the best! ($22)

 

And I got this free:

  • 2 mascara samples( one in the ipsy bag and the other free with purchase)
  • 2 eye/shadow pencils ( one in the ipsy bag and the other free with purchase)
  • A bb cream sample
  • primer potion sample
  • eyeshadow card

 

Cant wait for it to come!

 

Question: An eyeliner is pictured on the front page, but my cart showed a shadow pencil. Any idea which we will get? 

post #177 of 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Just placed my order! so excited!

 

I ordered:

  • A XL deslick since I love that stuff so much! ($18)
  • Primer potion duo! after trying so many primers, its still the best! ($22)

 

And I got this free:

  • 2 mascara samples( one in the ipsy bag and the other free with purchase)
  • 2 eye/shadow pencils ( one in the ipsy bag and the other free with purchase)
  • A bb cream sample
  • primer potion sample
  • eyeshadow card

 

Cant wait for it to come!

 

Question: An eyeliner is pictured on the front page, but my cart showed a shadow pencil. Any idea which we will get? 

Mine said "Mini Eye Pencil" which I assumed was an eyeliner.... looked skinny too, not fat like an eyeshadow pencil.  

 

Any idea on the color of the lipgloss in the Ipsy UD bag? I know the one in the mystery bag is Naked, hoping they're not the same color!

post #178 of 1419
Omg... Why am I tempted to make a purchase when I have a ridic amount of new products- no joke I went crazy on hautelook during the balm sale. It's such an addiction that I know u ladies understand. Like last night for example I saw a thread on how to get Deborah Lippmann polishes for only $6 with free shipping on hsn- I have soooo many new polishes- a whole kitchen drawer full. So what did I do- happy birthday & candy shop are on their way biggrin.gif. I have problems!!
post #179 of 1419

Found my Josie Maran 0.17 fl oz sample from Test Tube and just tried it. It's nice on my dry skin (I hate winter) but I wouldn't buy a full size bottle of it due to the cost - $48 for 1.7 fl oz. Hope what Ipsy is sending out is the same size.

post #180 of 1419

this site got me hooked on subs.

 

Notice - i just started a week ago or so and managed to start with birchbox and popsugar must have for december. then julep. further blog reading and google, i come across ipsy and glossybox and subbed for them as well. google is evil.

 

...im usually loyal to brands so these boxes with less popular names have me irked, but when these things become cheap - it doesnt hurt to try. i got my penny box from julep, and I plan to skip months from here on out unless something good comes along..

 

i enjoy getting packages in the mail.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › (SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013