or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox Promo Codes

Birchbox Promo Codes - Page 39

post #1141 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeythelamb View Post

For the people who got the holiday perk $50 off on Wednesday, does your order still say processing?

I did two. They both say 'complete' on the site & I got shipping notices for them.
post #1142 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post


I did two. They both say 'complete' on the site & I got shipping notices for them.

Should I email them? I really hope they're not gonna say that they can't give me the order :(

post #1143 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeythelamb View Post

For the people who got the holiday perk $50 off on Wednesday, does your order still say processing?
Mine also says processing and I haven't received a shipping email.... Sad panda over here. If nothing happens by Monday I will email.
post #1144 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeythelamb View Post

Should I email them? I really hope they're not gonna say that they can't give me the order frown.gif

I don't see why they would do that. It was a legit promo, not a glitch. What day did you order?
post #1145 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post

I don't see why they would do that. It was a legit promo, not a glitch. What day did you order?
I ordered on the 27th and no shipping email yet. But my regular purchase on the 29th has a shipping email.
post #1146 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post

I don't see why they would do that. It was a legit promo, not a glitch. What day did you order?
I ordered on Wednesday the 27th. Seems like the other people who ordered that day haven't gotten a shipping email yet either. I'll wait till Monday
post #1147 of 2052
Yeah mine were from 11/25 & 11/26. If you don't get anything Monday, I'd email. But I'm sure they wouldn't cancel it smile.gif

Hooray for free things!
post #1148 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by allistra44 View Post

Yeah mine were from 11/25 & 11/26. If you don't get anything Monday, I'd email. But I'm sure they wouldn't cancel it smile.gif

Hooray for free things!
Hooray is right! I'm sooooo excited to get free stuff haha biggrin.gif
post #1149 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeythelamb View Post

For the people who got the holiday perk $50 off on Wednesday, does your order still say processing?
Mine from Wednesday still say processing. I already recieved mine from Monday though, they were sent using 2-day shipping for some reason.
post #1150 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeythelamb View Post
 

Should I email them? I really hope they're not gonna say that they can't give me the order :(

I had a really bad experience with the Black Friday code, but I do think they will honor yours as long as you received the initial order confirmation!  

 

I was able to check out with the Black Friday $50 off code on Wednesday, and the BB website was still applying the code to my order total when I clicked the final "confirm order" button on the last screen (I made sure to double-check before I clicked because I knew, from reading this board, that some ladies were losing the promo during the check-out process).  They did charge me for the Pick 2 Pack, but that was fine with me because I thought it was such a generous promotion, so my order total came to $10.45.  I was so happy--I couldn't believe I was one of the lucky ones!  However, when I checked my order confirmation email, they had charged my credit card $50.45 instead of the $10.45 I had agreed to.  There was no mention of the code that had appeared in my cart, although, when they took the code away, the Pick 2 did become free (which is why I wasn't charged $60.45).  

 

Honestly, I was stunned and so upset.  It's not really about the money--if this hadn't happened I probably would have placed an order over the weekend like many of you, (although I definitely would have applied a different code for a percentage off or at least points! I wasn't given the chance to add a different code, because when I checked out it was still showing that the Black Friday code had been applied.)  But it is completely unacceptable to tell a customer you are charging them X amount of money and then, after they agree to that amount, to charge them a higher amount.  I'm sure it was an accident (I am guessing that the code expired one or two seconds before or after I clicked the final "submit" button and that my page never updated to show the change), but this type of glitch really shouldn't happen.  I just felt betrayed by a company I had recommended and trusted, you know?   I went from being so happy/excited/grateful to being so sad and disappointed.  

 

Although I have never called their customer service line before, I tried to do so on Wednesday (I was only able to leave a voice mail) and I also sent two emails.  I thought, at the very least, they would be willing to cancel my order before it shipped (I am a PhD student in a town with good public transportation, but it doesn't go to the post office and I don't have a car, so it would be much easier for me to cancel the order than to return it).  But on Wednesday evening I received one of the automatic "Your order has been processed and assigned a shipping number" emails.  And no one has called or emailed me back. (In my email I asked them to not only fix my order but to look into the glitch so it doesn't happen to anyone else.  I will post on here when I receive a response.)  

 

Sorry to vent on here!  This experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth, made all the worse because I really have been loving Birchbox and wanted to continue doing so.  I bet you ladies will understand though!    

 

To get back to the original post I was responding to (sorry for the tangent!): if your order actually shows a total that deducts the $50 I do think that you will get it!  (Yay for you!!!) And, as others have said, it was a legitimate (though very limited) promotion.  Although I did receive an email with a shipping number on Wednesday evening, I'm not sure how they decide which orders are processed first.  I hope you receive a confirmation email soon!  Even if  I can't have the promo, I am happy some lovely MUT ladies can!    

post #1151 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMuffin View Post
 

I had a really bad experience with the Black Friday code, but I do think they will honor yours as long as you received the initial order confirmation!  

 

I was able to check out with the Black Friday $50 off code on Wednesday, and the BB website was still applying the code to my order total when I clicked the final "confirm order" button on the last screen (I made sure to double-check before I clicked because I knew, from reading this board, that some ladies were losing the promo during the check-out process).  They did charge me for the Pick 2 Pack, but that was fine with me because I thought it was such a generous promotion, so my order total came to $10.45.  I was so happy--I couldn't believe I was one of the lucky ones!  However, when I checked my order confirmation email, they had charged my credit card $50.45 instead of the $10.45 I had agreed to.  There was no mention of the code that had appeared in my cart, although, when they took the code away, the Pick 2 did become free (which is why I wasn't charged $60.45).  

 

Honestly, I was stunned and so upset.  It's not really about the money--if this hadn't happened I probably would have placed an order over the weekend like many of you, (although I definitely would have applied a different code for a percentage off or at least points! I wasn't given the chance to add a different code, because when I checked out it was still showing that the Black Friday code had been applied.)  But it is completely unacceptable to tell a customer you are charging them X amount of money and then, after they agree to that amount, to charge them a higher amount.  I'm sure it was an accident (I am guessing that the code expired one or two seconds before or after I clicked the final "submit" button and that my page never updated to show the change), but this type of glitch really shouldn't happen.  I just felt betrayed by a company I had recommended and trusted, you know?   I went from being so happy/excited/grateful to being so sad and disappointed.  

 

Although I have never called their customer service line before, I tried to do so on Wednesday (I was only able to leave a voice mail) and I also sent two emails.  I thought, at the very least, they would be willing to cancel my order before it shipped (I am a PhD student in a town with good public transportation, but it doesn't go to the post office and I don't have a car, so it would be much easier for me to cancel the order than to return it).  But on Wednesday evening I received one of the automatic "Your order has been processed and assigned a shipping number" emails.  And no one has called or emailed me back. (In my email I asked them to not only fix my order but to look into the glitch so it doesn't happen to anyone else.  I will post on here when I receive a response.)  

 

Sorry to vent on here!  This experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth, made all the worse because I really have been loving Birchbox and wanted to continue doing so.  I bet you ladies will understand though!    

 

To get back to the original post I was responding to (sorry for the tangent!): if your order actually shows a total that deducts the $50 I do think that you will get it!  (Yay for you!!!) And, as others have said, it was a legitimate (though very limited) promotion.  Although I did receive an email with a shipping number on Wednesday evening, I'm not sure how they decide which orders are processed first.  I hope you receive a confirmation email soon!  Even if  I can't have the promo, I am happy some lovely MUT ladies can!    

Remember that this was a hugely busy shopping/holiday weekend and it might take a tad longer to get back to you.  They will probably just refund you the $40 difference since it already shipped. Birchbox is a company that truly cares more about customer loyalty than getting that $40 back, because they know that if they fix things you're more than likely going to spend way more than that in the future.

 

You say that these kind of glitches shouldn't happen, but in reality no glitches should, that's the nature of them.  I know this is stressful for you now, but from my BB experience I have confidence that they will remedy the situation.

post #1152 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
 

Remember that this was a hugely busy shopping/holiday weekend and it might take a tad longer to get back to you.  They will probably just refund you the $40 difference since it already shipped. Birchbox is a company that truly cares more about customer loyalty than getting that $40 back, because they know that if they fix things you're more than likely going to spend way more than that in the future.

 

You say that these kind of glitches shouldn't happen, but in reality no glitches should, that's the nature of them.  I know this is stressful for you now, but from my BB experience I have confidence that they will remedy the situation.

Yes, and after they did not respond on Wednesday, I assumed that I would not hear back until Monday at the earliest because of the holiday weekend, which is completely understandable.  It wasn't the delayed response so much as the initial experience that bothered me.  But, as you said, glitches happen, and I do hope they make it right! I haven't had to speak with their customer service before, but I have heard others say great things about them.  

post #1153 of 2052

I wouldn't call it a glitch, the code probably just expired before you finished checking out.They said on the $50 promo page that it could happen.

 

post #1154 of 2052
I heard back from BB about my damp scarf! She gave me 100 points and is looking into what's happening in the warehouse. Very nice of them!
post #1155 of 2052

Let me clarify:  I wasn't calling it a glitch because the code expired, I was calling it a glitch because they failed to notify me that the code expired during the check out process.  If they had shown me that the code expired at any point during the check-out process, even if it was on the final screen, I agree that it would have been perfectly fair (because I would have been told the actual cost of my order before submitting it, and I would have been given the opportunity to place or not place the order given the increased cost).  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.     

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post
 

I wouldn't call it a glitch, the code probably just expired before you finished checking out.They said on the $50 promo page that it could happen.

 

post #1156 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by usofjessamerica View Post

I heard back from BB about my damp scarf! She gave me 100 points and is looking into what's happening in the warehouse. Very nice of them!

Yay!  Good for you!  That was nice of them!

post #1157 of 2052

any codes/freebies that are still active?

post #1158 of 2052
Mobile20 if you haven't already
And I'm not totally sure but. Blackfriday75pts & blackfriday20pct we're working last night still
post #1159 of 2052
The cyber Monday codes are now working. Here's a link because I'm too lazy to type them out on my phone.

http://mommysplurge.com/subscription-box-coupon/birchbox-cyber-monday-coupons/
post #1160 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post

The cyber Monday codes are now working. Here's a link because I'm too lazy to type them out on my phone.

http://mommysplurge.com/subscription-box-coupon/birchbox-cyber-monday-coupons/

It'd be better if the points promo was automatic like the mystery pick twos...
post #1161 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippyAG View Post

It'd be better if the points promo was automatic like the mystery pick twos...

I'm sure they do it to prevent stacking.
post #1162 of 2052

I spend so much less money at BB.com because of their coupon structure.  I don't care about extra points, and I will never pick a GWP (like the Rebecca Taylor makeup case) in place of % off. I can't imagine that many people do.... 

 

Instead, I check around.  For instance, last night, I just bought to 100% Pure stuff I wanted direct instead of from BB, points be damned.

 

But, I've officially decided to take a temporary break from BB.  I'm keeping my December subscription -- I realized if I spend $10 on one more sub, I'll round out my points and be able to put that $10 toward a product I want.  Then, I'll explore some other subscriptions, instead.

post #1163 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by camel11 View Post
 

I spend so much less money at BB.com because of their coupon structure.  I don't care about extra points, and I will never pick a GWP (like the Rebecca Taylor makeup case) in place of % off. I can't imagine that many people do.... 

 

Instead, I check around.  For instance, last night, I just bought to 100% Pure stuff I wanted direct instead of from BB, points be damned.

 

But, I've officially decided to take a temporary break from BB.  I'm keeping my December subscription -- I realized if I spend $10 on one more sub, I'll round out my points and be able to put that $10 toward a product I want.  Then, I'll explore some other subscriptions, instead.

I am a gwp person although if a good % comes up I will take it. The ojon hair mascara thingie ($22 on bb) was something on my wish list that I could never justify and I would just stare longingly at everytime I looked at my favorites. (Technically you could just get cheap 3 dollar clear brow gel or clear mascara and it would do the same probably). When it came a gwp if you bought 50 I was so happy with birchbox and I finally got the item that I had been wanting to try but couldnt justify. 

post #1164 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMuffin View Post
 

I had a really bad experience with the Black Friday code, but I do think they will honor yours as long as you received the initial order confirmation!  

 

I was able to check out with the Black Friday $50 off code on Wednesday, and the BB website was still applying the code to my order total when I clicked the final "confirm order" button on the last screen (I made sure to double-check before I clicked because I knew, from reading this board, that some ladies were losing the promo during the check-out process).  They did charge me for the Pick 2 Pack, but that was fine with me because I thought it was such a generous promotion, so my order total came to $10.45.  I was so happy--I couldn't believe I was one of the lucky ones!  However, when I checked my order confirmation email, they had charged my credit card $50.45 instead of the $10.45 I had agreed to.  There was no mention of the code that had appeared in my cart, although, when they took the code away, the Pick 2 did become free (which is why I wasn't charged $60.45).  

 

Honestly, I was stunned and so upset.  It's not really about the money--if this hadn't happened I probably would have placed an order over the weekend like many of you, (although I definitely would have applied a different code for a percentage off or at least points! I wasn't given the chance to add a different code, because when I checked out it was still showing that the Black Friday code had been applied.)  But it is completely unacceptable to tell a customer you are charging them X amount of money and then, after they agree to that amount, to charge them a higher amount.  I'm sure it was an accident (I am guessing that the code expired one or two seconds before or after I clicked the final "submit" button and that my page never updated to show the change), but this type of glitch really shouldn't happen.  I just felt betrayed by a company I had recommended and trusted, you know?   I went from being so happy/excited/grateful to being so sad and disappointed.  

 

Although I have never called their customer service line before, I tried to do so on Wednesday (I was only able to leave a voice mail) and I also sent two emails.  I thought, at the very least, they would be willing to cancel my order before it shipped (I am a PhD student in a town with good public transportation, but it doesn't go to the post office and I don't have a car, so it would be much easier for me to cancel the order than to return it).  But on Wednesday evening I received one of the automatic "Your order has been processed and assigned a shipping number" emails.  And no one has called or emailed me back. (In my email I asked them to not only fix my order but to look into the glitch so it doesn't happen to anyone else.  I will post on here when I receive a response.)  

 

Sorry to vent on here!  This experience has left such a bad taste in my mouth, made all the worse because I really have been loving Birchbox and wanted to continue doing so.  I bet you ladies will understand though!    

 

To get back to the original post I was responding to (sorry for the tangent!): if your order actually shows a total that deducts the $50 I do think that you will get it!  (Yay for you!!!) And, as others have said, it was a legitimate (though very limited) promotion.  Although I did receive an email with a shipping number on Wednesday evening, I'm not sure how they decide which orders are processed first.  I hope you receive a confirmation email soon!  Even if  I can't have the promo, I am happy some lovely MUT ladies can!    

This exact thing also happened to me but I just kept calling over and over until I did get someone- I didn't mess with messages because they ship FAST.  They did cancel my order but would not honor the coupon.  I was annoyed and frustrated too, though I understand to some degree.  It also left a very bad taste in my mouth though, even though they cancelled the order, because I too don't think it's okay to pull a bait and switch like that.  I was so eager to get the deal and so happy I clicked 'confirm' without really checking the final total which was my bad (though reading yours maybe it hadn't changed- I think I might  have noticed lol), but them pulling the coupon after the coupon HAD BEEN ACCEPTED was their bad. 

 

I am entering month 10 with BB.  I am going to stick it out and keep accumulating points until month 13 and the 25% off code; after that I am done.  Really I don't need anymore samples, and this whole thanksgiving thing left me very disillusioned.

post #1165 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by camel11 View Post
 

I spend so much less money at BB.com because of their coupon structure.  I don't care about extra points, and I will never pick a GWP (like the Rebecca Taylor makeup case) in place of % off. I can't imagine that many people do.... 

 

Instead, I check around.  For instance, last night, I just bought to 100% Pure stuff I wanted direct instead of from BB, points be damned.

 

But, I've officially decided to take a temporary break from BB.  I'm keeping my December subscription -- I realized if I spend $10 on one more sub, I'll round out my points and be able to put that $10 toward a product I want.  Then, I'll explore some other subscriptions, instead.

Yeah I think that it's ridiculous too.  Just do a nice everything 10% off everything or something, throw us a bone.

post #1166 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
 

Yeah I think that it's ridiculous too.  Just do a nice everything 10% off everything or something, throw us a bone.

They just had 20% off for black Friday though. Idk, I've never been to bothered by the "pick getting bonus points or pick getting % off" structure.

post #1167 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiimeows View Post
 

They just had 20% off for black Friday though. Idk, I've never been to bothered by the "pick getting bonus points or pick getting % off" structure.

No, I mean say 10% off without a code, so that we could also use, for example, our 20% off for 9 months code with the offer. I understand why they won't let you stack codes (and I don't meant o complain overly much since their points system is generous) but I do not ever go there to shop unless I want to spend points.

 

Different strokes for different folks though :) I am glad their current structure works for you!

post #1168 of 2052
I think Birchbox is specifically not interested in bargain-hunters as a key portion of their customer base (they want customers willing to drop eighty bucks on a tube of facial scrub, after all), but they can't come out and just *say* that, so they just don't let you stack codes. Sephora is the same way. Ulta *does* seek out bargain-hunters, so they *do* let you stack a lot of stuff.
post #1169 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I think Birchbox is specifically not interested in bargain-hunters as a key portion of their customer base (they want customers willing to drop eighty bucks on a tube of facial scrub, after all), but they can't come out and just *say* that, so they just don't let you stack codes. Sephora is the same way. Ulta *does* seek out bargain-hunters, so they *do* let you stack a lot of stuff.

Yes, Ulta :inlove:

 

Now that you put it that way, I think this is true and I am really just not BB's key demographic in a lot of ways... but I'll live :icon_lol:

post #1170 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I think Birchbox is specifically not interested in bargain-hunters as a key portion of their customer base (they want customers willing to drop eighty bucks on a tube of facial scrub, after all), but they can't come out and just *say* that, so they just don't let you stack codes. Sephora is the same way. Ulta *does* seek out bargain-hunters, so they *do* let you stack a lot of stuff.

I think this is spot on. But idk, I've always thought being able to use 20-25% off discounts AND points and get a sample pack was extremely generous, more generous than Sephora, anyway. I've always been an Ulta girl over Sephora, but I go to Ulta for different things than I do birchbox.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox Promo Codes