or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › POPSUGAR Must Have January 2013 Box

POPSUGAR Must Have January 2013 Box - Page 2

post #31 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauna999 View Post

I splurged on the 6 month sub with the insider code about a week ago. The way I rationed it in my mind was that I knew my mother in law usually gives me $150 cash- so I figured in my mind I would justify that it's her holiday gift to me. I really told myself come January I was cutting back on subs- my popsugar 3 month sub was up & I wasn't suppose to renew it- oh well- it's my holiday gift for the next 6 months- come July, I'm going to have to come up with another excuse...lol! Of all the subs I receive, it's my fav because of the variety.
I'm so excited for the January box..yay!!,


I feel the same way!!! I just signed up for the January box and am excited! Im just a little nervous that it wont be as good as past boxes because so many people are signing up. Hopefully im proven wrong

post #32 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by musthave View Post

For those of you hoping for workout gear in our January box, I'm with ya!  I would absolutely LOVE a FitBit or Nike Fuel Band! 

 

In November, I signed up for a new sub called pv.body.  They send you a cute workout top & bottom each month for $49.95, valued at over $100.  Brands include LULULEMON!!!, Nike, The North Face, American Apparel, and some quality brands I've never heard of like NUX and Coliseum. 

 

 

I absolutely refuse to associate with any company promoting Lululemon.  See here for why.. I agree with these facts wholeheartedly.  It's a sexist, racist company with a sexist, racist CEO.  http://www.feminisms.org/284/i-have-declared-war-on-lululemon/

 

The founder and CEO not only brags about his use of minors in Japanese sweatshops, he also brags about how funny it is to hear Japanese folks say the name of his company.  Direct quote:  "It's funny to watch them try and say it."

post #33 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer View Post

 

I absolutely refuse to associate with any company promoting Lululemon.  See here for why.. I agree with these facts wholeheartedly.  It's a sexist, racist company with a sexist, racist CEO.  http://www.feminisms.org/284/i-have-declared-war-on-lululemon/

 

The founder and CEO not only brags about his use of minors in Japanese sweatshops, he also brags about how funny it is to hear Japanese folks say the name of his company.  Direct quote:  "It's funny to watch them try and say it."

lululemon is like a cult, a cult of overpriced spandex. blech, hate the ceo, hate the culty vibe.

post #34 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

lululemon is like a cult, a cult of overpriced spandex. blech, hate the ceo, hate the culty vibe.

Have you ever Googled Lululemon and Landmark Forum?  You can remove the word "like" from that first sentence.

post #35 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Have you ever Googled Lululemon and Landmark Forum?  You can remove the word "like" from that first sentence.

Whoa, I just Googled!  There's some crazy shady stuff going on there.. worse than I thought!

post #36 of 992

Can anyone tell me what happens when you are eligible for a free month, if you're signed up for the month-to-month subscription?  Will I get two boxes one month, or will I need to sign up for, say, a 3 month or 6 month subscription to be eligible for my free month?

post #37 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupKatie View Post

Can anyone tell me what happens when you are eligible for a free month, if you're signed up for the month-to-month subscription?  Will I get two boxes one month, or will I need to sign up for, say, a 3 month or 6 month subscription to be eligible for my free month?

You don't get charged for the next box. It shows up in your account as paid, and everything else is the same as usual. Tracking, shipping schedule, etc.
post #38 of 992

Awesome!  Free is my favorite word!

post #39 of 992
Did anyone else request a sample from PS Sample Squad? I still haven't received my sample and I did get an email saying it was on its way.. It's free, so not a huge deal.. But kind of wanted to actually try them. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem...
post #40 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKellyC View Post

Did anyone else request a sample from PS Sample Squad? I still haven't received my sample and I did get an email saying it was on its way.. It's free, so not a huge deal.. But kind of wanted to actually try them. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem...

Me too maybe they ran out :/ 

post #41 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubJunkie View Post

Me too maybe they ran out :/ 

Don't worry, you will get it - it took them a month last time, so wait some more. I am still waiting for mine this time around, too.

post #42 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post


You don't get charged for the next box. It shows up in your account as paid, and everything else is the same as usual. Tracking, shipping schedule, etc.

Does it show right away or around the time they send them out?

post #43 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleda View Post

Don't worry, you will get it - it took them a month last time, so wait some more. I am still waiting for mine this time around, too.

How do they expect to have reviews if it takes them so long? They have to be done by the 31st... =/
post #44 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKellyC View Post


How do they expect to have reviews if it takes them so long? They have to be done by the 31st... =/

I just got mine today!! They sent 2 individual wipe packets. I never got an email notification of it being sent, so it was a nice surprise. Hopefully yours comes soon!

post #45 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm9jem View Post

I just got mine today!! They sent 2 individual wipe packets. I never got an email notification of it being sent, so it was a nice surprise. Hopefully yours comes soon!

I hope so! =)
post #46 of 992
Time to get excited for january and hopefully not be let down like december or else i am cutting down..
post #47 of 992

Hopefully it ships earlier in the month, like December! :) 

post #48 of 992
Thread Starter 

They say they ship on the 10th and it takes 11 days (at least) to reach me after that, so I get it on the 21-24th

post #49 of 992

Are there any codes running about? I like this better with a discount!inlove.gif

post #50 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

Are there any codes running about? I like this better with a discount!inlove.gif


Insider is the only one I've seen lately.

post #51 of 992

It's expired. I ended up canceling. I figured out that I could re-sub to Ipsy and pick up Yuzen for the price of Popsugar. I am going to pick up an occasional box like I plan to do with Wantable, but I don't want the monthly on this one. Wish PS and Wantable had a skip feature like BA!

post #52 of 992
^
You will not regret Yuzen. It is my favorite sub, by far.
post #53 of 992
Is it just me or does everyone get super excited about a new box with new surprises!?!
post #54 of 992

I can't wait for the Jan box!  Some fitness type items would be awesome!  I could do without MORE snacks (really trying to keep the extra calories in check), unless they were my fav - larabars!  I love the idea of running socks, water bottles or more yoga influenced items.  Maybe a headband or a yoga mat tote?    

 

A note about the samples - I think they can take a while to ship/arrive.  Sometimes samples I've ordered from various places in the past could take 6-8 weeks to arrive.
 

post #55 of 992
I just resigned up with code referfriends for $30 for January. Hope it's good
post #56 of 992
I still have the canvaspop code if anyone wants it. Expires 1/31

Also the Rtr code. Pm me if interested.
post #57 of 992

When do they normally charge for monthly boxes?

post #58 of 992
Usually it's $35 a month- there's codes for $5 off your first month- it used to be refer ,now I think it's friends. They have different promos come up- I just got 6 months for $158 with the code insider .
post #59 of 992

I'm going to wait to subscribe until a better coupon code comes out. Does anyone get any other monthly boxes that are similar to this one? Just curious!

post #60 of 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganS View Post

I'm going to wait to subscribe until a better coupon code comes out. Does anyone get any other monthly boxes that are similar to this one? Just curious!


Meagan, I am getting my first Seasonsbox this month, and I think it has a PS feel. It looks super promising, and they tell you what is in there, too. So I already know the box is going to be amazing.

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › POPSUGAR Must Have January 2013 Box