or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox January 2013

Glossybox January 2013 - Page 56

post #1651 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

I think it's just because it was curated by Man Repeller. 

I wondered that... I guess we'll see! I'd love if they were all silver, but it seems that pink is their signature color.

post #1652 of 1980

My box has made progress, it's in Sparks, NV. I'm so excited; I want gritty nail polish and clown lips and unwashed hair! j/k, I was just thinking of how non-beautylovers might view some of the products. :)

post #1653 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

My box has made progress, it's in Sparks, NV. I'm so excited; I want gritty nail polish and clown lips and unwashed hair! j/k, I was just thinking of how non-beautylovers might view some of the products. :)

 

Haha!  I like that description!

 

That reminds me - if you didn't get the Living Proof sample in your box, you can use the code EXTEND on the Sephora site.

post #1654 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

 

Haha!  I like that description!

 

That reminds me - if you didn't get the Living Proof sample in your box, you can use the code EXTEND on the Sephora site.

 

Thanks! I don't think my brain could handle no hairwashing for three days, but maybe two...Or, even if it helped me hold curl for more than an hour, that would be great. Most styling products don't hold my style unless I put a lot in my hair, and then I feel gross when someone goes to touch it.

 

I am most excited for the nail polish! I wasn't a fan of the crackles or the caviar, but so far I'm digging several of the textured nail polishes. The purple OPI looks great to me, although the blue looks even better.

post #1655 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

 

Thanks! I don't think my brain could handle no hairwashing for three days, but maybe two...Or, even if it helped me hold curl for more than an hour, that would be great. Most styling products don't hold my style unless I put a lot in my hair, and then I feel gross when someone goes to touch it.

 

I am most excited for the nail polish! I wasn't a fan of the crackles or the caviar, but so far I'm digging several of the textured nail polishes. The purple OPI looks great to me, although the blue looks even better.

I hate the feeling of having too much product in my hair.  I got a keratin treatment in August and the 72 hours after getting the treatment were hard.  My immediate reaction to my hair feeling icky is putting it in a ponytail and/or washing it and I couldn't do either.  I don't have a problem with going a day or two without washing my hair, but I really wanted to try the Living Proof stuff.

 

I'm not really a fan of textured nail polish.  I didn't like the crackles or caviar either and I'm not a fan of suede and matte nail polishes.  If I do end up trying the nail polish, I'm going to have to use a top coat.  Based on the pictures, it looks gorgeous and a perfect color for February.

post #1656 of 1980

I'm not sure I would want to extend my hairstyle more than 1 day- if your <my> hair gets so sweaty from exercise that it is totally soaking wet and gross....it might not be the product for me.

 

It does seem like a neat idea that it repels dirt.

 

Now if they came up with something so your hands could repel dirt or newspaper ink I'd buy that.

I am always getting ink on my fingers from reading the paper and am not always near someplace where I can wash my hands (I do have hand wipes...but not the same).

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

 

Haha!  I like that description!

 

That reminds me - if you didn't get the Living Proof sample in your box, you can use the code EXTEND on the Sephora site.

post #1657 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee View Post

I'm not sure I would want to extend my hairstyle more than 1 day- if your <my> hair gets so sweaty from exercise that it is totally soaking wet and gross....it might not be the product for me.

 

It does seem like a neat idea that it repels dirt.

 

Now if they came up with something so your hands could repel dirt or newspaper ink I'd buy that.

I am always getting ink on my fingers from reading the paper and am not always near someplace where I can wash my hands (I do have hand wipes...but not the same).

Oh, I didn't realize it repels dirt!  I haven't really done much research on it (and obviously haven't been paying attention to the last 50 pages or so).  I do like the idea of the hand whatever - especially if it repels graphite and/or pen ink.  If there was some sort of hand something or other that one could use prior to drawing with charcoal, that would be even better.  That stuff is a real pain to remove.  I haven't read a print newspaper in quite some time, but if you can use it to "paint" your nails, I can only imagine what it does to your fingertips.

post #1658 of 1980

Still no update on my shipping since 01/31, it must be stuck in that batch and I fear I will get no box :( I already got my money back from the bank, I disputed the charge yesterday.

post #1659 of 1980

OH MY GOD GIRLS, It's a MIRACLE, according to tracking on Glossybox's website, my box was accepted by my post office last night, so I might actually get a box today!!

post #1660 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

I hate the feeling of having too much product in my hair.  I got a keratin treatment in August and the 72 hours after getting the treatment were hard.  My immediate reaction to my hair feeling icky is putting it in a ponytail and/or washing it and I couldn't do either.  I don't have a problem with going a day or two without washing my hair, but I really wanted to try the Living Proof stuff.

 

I'm not really a fan of textured nail polish.  I didn't like the crackles or caviar either and I'm not a fan of suede and matte nail polishes.  If I do end up trying the nail polish, I'm going to have to use a top coat.  Based on the pictures, it looks gorgeous and a perfect color for February.

I would definitely try it with out the top coat first...I've had it on for 3 days and there's only a small little chip (not even noticable) on my thumb. My nail polish usually chips the same day...I'm in love...I wonder if it's weird if this is the only nail polish I use from now on lol

post #1661 of 1980
Time to stop reading this thread, I'm getting kinda annoyed.
post #1662 of 1980

I was a little concerned since it says online that my order is "complete" but also says "no tracking information available", so I just called Glossybox.  It only took a couple of calls to get through.  I spoke to Katie.  She told me my box has indeed shipped and gave me the tracking number.  I tracked it on the USPS website and here's what it says:

 

Your Item's StatusYour item was picked up by a shipping partner at 8:31 pm on January 31, 2013 in KEARNY, NJ 07032. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

 

So, my box appears to be in limbo with the others were picked up on 1/31.  At least I know that it has shipped and I will get it eventually.  Also, since I have a tracking number, if there is no movement in a couple of days, I can have the post office look into it.  Hopefully, its just in transit and will update soon.  Hopefully...

post #1663 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by marybbryant View Post

I was a little concerned since it says online that my order is "complete" but also says "no tracking information available", so I just called Glossybox.  It only took a couple of calls to get through.  I spoke to Katie.  She told me my box has indeed shipped and gave me the tracking number.  I tracked it on the USPS website and here's what it says:

 

Your Item's StatusYour item was picked up by a shipping partner at 8:31 pm on January 31, 2013 in KEARNY, NJ 07032. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

 

So, my box appears to be in limbo with the others were picked up on 1/31.  At least I know that it has shipped and I will get it eventually.  Also, since I have a tracking number, if there is no movement in a couple of days, I can have the post office look into it.  Hopefully, its just in transit and will update soon.  Hopefully...

Have you tried putting that tracking number in on the glossybox site? That's what I did and it's at the post office today!

post #1664 of 1980

Hi ladies.

 

Good news--I *finally* received my package today and my tracking number never updated at all. The box just showed up on my doorstep unexpectedly. Perhaps there's a glitch with updating the tracking number?

 

The stuff in the box is nice. However, my enthusiasm for this box sort of died last week. I received the VL "Belle Etoile" lip stain and although at first, I was put off with the dark berry color, it started growing on me. The color looks highly pigmented in the tube but it goes on quite sheer. I normally would never even bother trying out this color in stores so receiving it in the box did force me to try it out. I ended up liking it to a certain degree. 

 

I haven't tried any of the other stuff yet but will let you ladies know when I do!

post #1665 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarlav View Post

Have you tried putting that tracking number in on the glossybox site? That's what I did and it's at the post office today!

I did and my box, like hers, is in limbo. No update since the supposed shipping on the 31st.

post #1666 of 1980

So, I copy/pasted my Glossybox tracking number into the USPS site like marybbryant did (thankyouforthe411) and apparently my box is at my local post office. Excellent suggestion, since Glossybox hasn't updated the tracking on their website. 

post #1667 of 1980








 







Picked Up by Shipping Partner







January 31, 2013, 8:31 pm







KEARNY, NJ 07032 








USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation








Still no update. I might contact them and then my credit card if I don't get this by the end of the week.
post #1668 of 1980

ok first off, I called newgistics again today and was told that they were told by glossybox to no longer speak with us and to send us directly to them (are you serious?!?!?) and when I argued the point they said there is nothing they can do because those were direct orders. Next I called glossybox again about this and it turns out the tracking number given to me on my page was not a legitimate tracking number and she gave me the one on my account and my box should be here today...so please please please explain to me why I have a tracking number that isn't legitimate on my page? So anyone still having trouble with tracking information updating should call glossy and see if thats actually your tracking number. 

post #1669 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post

9102927004262948077308

 

Picked Up by Shipping Partner

January 31, 2013, 8:31 pm

KEARNY, NJ 07032 

USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation

 

Still no update. I might contact them and then my credit card if I don't get this by the end of the week.

 

I received my box today unexpectedly and my tracking information looks exactly like yours! It never changed. So I wasn't expecting any package at all but lo and behold, I got it today.

post #1670 of 1980
2/4/2013 09:15 PM Enroute Departed SPARKS, NV
2/4/2013 07:02 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Sparks, NV 89441
2/4/2013 05:29 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Sparks, NV 89441
1/31/2013 03:29 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
1/31/2013 05:02 AM Arrived at Newgistics Facility Fishers, IN 46037
1/30/2013 03:40 PM Departing Newgistics Facility Elizabeth, NJ 07206
1/30/2013 05:20 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Elizabeth, NJ 07206

 

My box moved. Hallelujah. 

post #1671 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Liane View Post

ok first off, I called newgistics again today and was told that they were told by glossybox to no longer speak with us and to send us directly to them (are you serious?!?!?) and when I argued the point they said there is nothing they can do because those were direct orders. Next I called glossybox again about this and it turns out the tracking number given to me on my page was not a legitimate tracking number and she gave me the one on my account and my box should be here today...so please please please explain to me why I have a tracking number that isn't legitimate on my page? So anyone still having trouble with tracking information updating should call glossy and see if thats actually your tracking number. 

That's weird, since most companies tell you it's out of their hands and to contact the shipping provider. I suppose I should attempt to contact GB CS to see what's going on with my box, since it's in limbo somewhere with no info/movement.
post #1672 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Liane View Post

ok first off, I called newgistics again today and was told that they were told by glossybox to no longer speak with us and to send us directly to them (are you serious?!?!?) and when I argued the point they said there is nothing they can do because those were direct orders. Next I called glossybox again about this and it turns out the tracking number given to me on my page was not a legitimate tracking number and she gave me the one on my account and my box should be here today...so please please please explain to me why I have a tracking number that isn't legitimate on my page? So anyone still having trouble with tracking information updating should call glossy and see if thats actually your tracking number. 

after reading your post, I called Glossybox and apparently had the same issue as you. Both of my boxes are supposed to be delivered today! Fingers crossed I actually get them.

Thanks for posting this!

post #1673 of 1980

I unexpectedly got my box today and I received the Tarte Lipstick in Fierce (LOVE IT!) and the Sebastian Potion 9. Overall I am extremely pleased with the contents of the box! This was my first month to subscribe and I look forward to next month!

post #1674 of 1980

Thank you! I just called, got through to Katie and my box is out for delivery!!

post #1675 of 1980

My account also shows that it's shipped, but doesn't show any tracking number..... I called just now and Katie let me know it arrived in my city and should be getting it today :)  She was very nice and polite!

post #1676 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

I've used it and it only lasts a few hours for me.  I applied quite a bit (it took 3 applications to even be visible) around 8am on Saturday and I couldn't tell I had any on at 12.30pm.  It was a nice color, but disappointing.

 

 

@OiiO - WOW!  That looks fantastic!  I might actually have to try it.

Thanks for the feedback...I kinda guessed that. I love the color but it looks really faint.

post #1677 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlamps View Post






















 







Picked Up by Shipping Partner







January 31, 2013, 8:31 pm







KEARNY, NJ 07032 








USPS Tracking/Delivery Confirmation








Still no update. I might contact them and then my credit card if I don't get this by the end of the week.


I'm in the same boat!
post #1678 of 1980

My box finally came! My very first box, and I just love it! I received Tarte in Fierce and Potion 9. Love it all! By the way ladies, I spoke with my Dad, he's a retired mailman and he said you can't always go by the Newgistics tracking info. Sometimes the carriers forget to log parcels in and depending on how early they want to leave, they may postpone batches until the next shipment. Basically, even though it shows your box is stuck somewhere, that may not be the case. My tracking still shows it's not in this state yet :-/ lol

post #1679 of 1980

My is out for delivery but I could care less at this point.

post #1680 of 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

I think I might cancel after February's box has shipped.  I've enjoyed receiving the pretty boxes, but I haven't really used anything from my boxes (why the hell did I get a lilac eyeliner?).  I've actually purchased items I received in my Birchbox boxes.  I can't really say the same for Glossybox.  I'd also like to quit while I'm ahead - no customer service interactions (yet).

I was thinking the same thing. I have bought stuff out of both the Birchbox and the BBSS box, I haven't bought anything from my Glossybox, even though I did really like the samples I got.  I cancelled for February because I hate GB customer service, but now my box envy is getting the better of me! I'm afraid I'll see what people get and I'll be sad!

MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Glossybox January 2013