or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox February 2013

Birchbox February 2013 - Page 71

post #2101 of 2560

i am not sure if this hs been mentioned yet or not... but..   i was looking on instagram at #birchbox and saw some got theirs in draw string bags with large sample and an eyelash curler...  anyone know how they got these great boxes????

post #2102 of 2560
maybe it was an intro box, or that box they were selling before, dunno the name tho
post #2103 of 2560
srry stupid phone
post #2104 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by basementsong View Post

To anyone else who got the Skin&Co body wash, what do you think of the scent? I got it but haven't tried it yet. I did take off the cap to smell it and thought it seemed nice! I was kind of amused by someone on BB's FB page complaining it smelled like a grandpa, so I'm wondering -- any other thoughts on it?

I tried it last night and had to get it off my body before it sunk in, lol.  My sister is here visiting and when she took a shower I told her to avoid it because it smelled man-ish. 

 

It doesn't smell "bad" it just doesn't smell like a girl-person IMO. I think it would be fine on my husband, but it won't be on me ever again.

post #2105 of 2560

I'm getting this box it should come some time next week

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/february-2013/february2013box2

the issue i have is it is listed to have the lancome Bi-Facil but the box picture shows something else

Has anyone received this box yet? what are we actually getting?

 

post #2106 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimouse View Post

I'm getting this box it should come some time next week

https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/february-2013/february2013box2

the issue i have is it is listed to have the lancome Bi-Facil but the box picture shows something else

Has anyone received this box yet? what are we actually getting?

 

 

I'm getting box 2 as well and my picture shows the same thing! Unfortunately I haven't recieved my box yet, but I'm interested to see which Lancome product we actually recieve!

post #2107 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher View Post

i am not sure if this hs been mentioned yet or not... but..   i was looking on instagram at #birchbox and saw some got theirs in draw string bags with large sample and an eyelash curler...  anyone know how they got these great boxes????

The ones I've seen with those bags are from subscribers in England.

post #2108 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

The ones I've seen with those bags are from subscribers in England.

wow!!!!    i want an england birchbox!!   they are too cool!!   i wonder if the price is the same..    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

post #2109 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher View Post

wow!!!!    i want an england birchbox!!   they are too cool!!   i wonder if the price is the same..    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nope. $15 plus $2.95 shipping.  I did the math last night, lol biggrin.gif

post #2110 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by quene8106 View Post

nope. $15 plus $2.95 shipping.  I did the math last night, lol biggrin.gif


That box looks like it's work the extra cost!

post #2111 of 2560

It's joliebox birchbox subscription service in the UK . I just gotta say I'm super jelouse of what there giving out in the UK compared to here:/

post #2112 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby384 View Post

They are taking forever to update some of the pages.

Okay got my box and sows samples but can't get points anyone else having problems?

post #2113 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie123 View Post

It's joliebox birchbox subscription service in the UK . I just gotta say I'm super jelouse of what there giving out in the UK compared to here:/

Nope, the uk just has a service called birchbox uk. Jolie box covers other parts of Europe.
post #2114 of 2560

The Twistband headband gave me a headache. I put it in my bathroom to use as something to keep all of my hair out of my face when I wash it. I've actually been needing a headband for that purpose, so it's kind of perfect. This is why I like to be upbeat about my boxes. icon_smile.gif

post #2115 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

The Twistband headband gave me a headache. I put it in my bathroom to use as something to keep all of my hair out of my face when I wash it. I've actually been needing a headband for that purpose, so it's kind of perfect. This is why I like to be upbeat about my boxes. icon_smile.gif
same here, got a headache while doing my makeup, at least it works when I wash my face
post #2116 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post

Received my Box 10 today - looove it! Best Birchbox I've gotten in a while!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I didn't get the detangler in my box item list so I just bought it ;) but I'm sad that my box isn't here yet. The tracking hasn't updated at all so I guess I'll have to wait to be surprised! 

post #2117 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

The detangler smells like vanilla to me. The gloss is small, but I believe it's full sized.

 

ETA: Yup, definitely full sized.

Hmmm, I don't hate vanilla so hopefully I can tolerate it especially since I went ahead and bought it. Re: the gloss, I'm pretty happy to get another full size item yay.gif

post #2118 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher View Post

i am not sure if this hs been mentioned yet or not... but..   i was looking on instagram at #birchbox and saw some got theirs in draw string bags with large sample and an eyelash curler...  anyone know how they got these great boxes????

I'm pretty sure that the Birchboxes with the drawstring are for the UK

post #2119 of 2560

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I'm not anywhere near home now, so my mom sent a picture of both box contents.  (She's only just now started taking pictures with the camera on her phone.)  Cute!  I'm so proud... AND happy about everything I got (except for the Jouer MMT assuming I got one and the chocolate)  Yes, I know.  I'm not normal.

post #2120 of 2560

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-color-club-12-piece-nail-polish-set?c=all&p=5

 

There's a Groupon today for Color Club polishes... pretty good deal for any of you who really like CC polish

post #2121 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post


I got my box this afternoon and tried a little then, so I've only been wearing it for a few hours - so far, so good, though! I'll have to test it during the week to see how it holds up through a regular work day. Nice consistency that isn't too thick or too thin, and it seemed to blend out well. I just asked my fiancé if he could see any product/makeup under my eyes and he said no, and that the area looked good lol. So there's that! wink.gif

Oh nice, thanks! I might go and check this out at my Ulta now, the reviews are pretty good 

post #2122 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by vogliadivintage View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




I'm not anywhere near home now, so my mom sent a picture of both box contents.  (She's only just now started taking pictures with the camera on her phone.)  Cute!  I'm so proud... AND happy about everything I got (except for the Jouer MMT assuming I got one and the chocolate)  Yes, I know.  I'm not normal.
Go mom! I don't know if photos are deceiving me, but this months twist band headbands look much thicker than the one I received in a previous box - they look much more wearable and like they'll actually stick on your head.
post #2123 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by libedon View Post

Go mom! I don't know if photos are deceiving me, but this months twist band headbands look much thicker than the one I received in a previous box - they look much more wearable and like they'll actually stick on your head.

The funny thing about these bands is that the ones that Birchbox sent out before were the thin version -- and when you go to the twistband site, they primarily carry the wider ones. I was surprised that they didn't send a sample of the style they're most known for. This makes it look like they're sending that type out now. If so, I'm glad because I did like the thin version, but my hair is much heavier now and requires a bit more restraint. I do make my own, but the elastic I can got ahold of is different from the stuff I see in the version of these that I see at places like Target, so I'm curious to see what kind twistband uses.
post #2124 of 2560

am I the only one whose tracking# hasn't updated.

post #2125 of 2560
For those that have gifted boxes for yourself, how long does it take until your account shows you what is in your box? Mine was shipped on the 15th but it looks like it didn't really go anywhere yet.. I'm curious as to what I will get!
post #2126 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily9763 View Post

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-color-club-12-piece-nail-polish-set?c=all&p=5

There's a Groupon today for Color Club polishes... pretty good deal for any of you who really like CC polish
thx 4 posting this : D
post #2127 of 2560

Lol I see an enabler in the house today ;)

 

Oh wait, we're all enablers! Haha

post #2128 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily9763 View Post

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-color-club-12-piece-nail-polish-set?c=all&p=5

 

There's a Groupon today for Color Club polishes... pretty good deal for any of you who really like CC polish

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post


thx 4 posting this : D

 

If you like Color Club or China Glaze, I tend to order them from Victoria's Nail Supply unless I JUST CAN'T WAIT, like the CG Bohemian Luster Chrome collection last summer or the Halo Hues collection that someone told me about a Crowd Cuts deal for (I think it worked out to seven bucks a bottle, which wasn't ultimately a *huge* discount, but I couldn't find the whole collection *anywhere* at the time, including VNS, and I wanted it *right then*!).  Their prices tend to run at around $3-4 per (full-sized) bottle except for special finishes like crackles, Halo Hues, or magnetic stuff.

post #2129 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post



If you like Color Club or China Glaze, I tend to order them from Victoria's Nail Supply unless I JUST CAN'T WAIT, like the CG Bohemian Luster Chrome collection last summer or the Halo Hues collection that someone told me about a Crowd Cuts deal for (I think it worked out to seven bucks a bottle, which wasn't ultimately a *huge* discount, but I couldn't find the whole collection *anywhere* at the time, including VNS, and I wanted it *right then*!).  Their prices tend to run at around $3-4 per (full-sized) bottle except for special finishes like crackles, Halo Hues, or magnetic stuff.
that's some useful info tyvm ^^ I'll check out that site l8r
post #2130 of 2560
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

The Twistband headband gave me a headache. I put it in my bathroom to use as something to keep all of my hair out of my face when I wash it. I've actually been needing a headband for that purpose, so it's kind of perfect. This is why I like to be upbeat about my boxes. icon_smile.gif

 

thats a good idea! 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox February 2013