or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Glamour Doll Eyes!

post #1 of 79
Thread Starter 

Glamour Doll Eyes is absolutely my favourite independent mineral shadow brand. 
What are your favourite GDE shadows? 
I swatched all of mine to share here. Do you guys have swatches of yours?



 

 

 

post #2 of 79

I love them too. I've posted some swatches in different threads that I"m too lazy to go find, but they are my favorite. I'm thinking about starting to mix my own polishes using the pigments but I'm scared, lol. What did you swatch these over?

post #3 of 79
Thread Starter 

They're directly on my bare arm. I just dampened a brush with a small drop of tap water and swiped the swatches on. :)

post #4 of 79

Ahhh gotcha, have you tried them over foil me? It's amazing!

post #5 of 79

Nice swatches!! 

post #6 of 79

wow the pigmentation is insane! I've been dying to try GDE for the longest time!

post #7 of 79

Bes independent mineral eye shadow company ever. Vee is awesome. Actually it's prob. the best mineral eyeshadow out there in general, independent or not.

post #8 of 79
Thread Starter 

They are massively awesome. I've actually never tried Foil Me. I use the MAC Pro mediums for everything. The water based to apply them with usually, the eyeliner mixing medium, and the lash mixing medium. I can pretty much do anything with them. That's really convenient for me as a makeup artist, especially on shoots, cause I can be like "BLAM!" and instead of "There's an app for that", "There's a mixing medium for that."

Indie brands are usually the best because they listen to people and care about you. They also tend to have way better colors and stuff for more specialized interests because they're not looking to appeal to the global market the way that like, say MAC and Make Up For Ever do. That's why I'm really into GDE and Sugarpill and stuff. I also want to order from Makeup Geek in the near future. Anybody have an opinion on Makeup Geek shadows?

I'm in the Insider program, which is basically like a mini sponsorship where they send you four half-sized shadows every month and you use them and send them the pictures. This month went well for me, and I think the next box ships out tomorrow, so everyone should keep an eye out for when new spots open up. Cotton Candy, Mackinac, Catwalk, and Corrode were the four they sent me in January, so I did pay for all of the rest of those over the past year.


 

post #9 of 79

I have a few already swatched but I have more I haven't swatched yet. Definitely one of my two favorite mineral shadow companies.

 

 

You've Got Coal, Cat in a Parka, Laced with Snow

 

post #10 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalylah View Post

I have a few already swatched but I have more I haven't swatched yet. Definitely one of my two favorite mineral shadow companies.

 

 

You've Got Coal, Cat in a Parka, Laced with Snow

 

Lmao I wasn't paying attention and I read: You've Got a goat...for some reason lmao

Either way, gorgeous swatches :3

post #11 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

Lmao I wasn't paying attention and I read: You've Got a goat...for some reason lmao

Either way, gorgeous swatches :3

I don't have a goat.... yet biggrin.gif

post #12 of 79

Gorgeous!! I'm lusting over all those colors.

post #13 of 79
Thread Starter 

This is the next insider round I received today. Rocket is like, unbelievable. It's a duochrome, so it's hard to photograph, but when it moves, it goes from taupe to gold. And COME ON, Southern Lace. Wooow!

post #14 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi Magdalene View Post

This is the next insider round I received today. Rocket is like, unbelievable. It's a duochrome, so it's hard to photograph, but when it moves, it goes from taupe to gold. And COME ON, Southern Lace. Wooow!

I have show off and it is one of my fav colors EVER. I love dusk, but I know I wouldn't wear it very often. Flourishing and rocket look super nice too.

post #15 of 79
Gorgeous! I just got the Halo collection sample jar set, to soothe my nerves since the OTM 6 mo sub already sold out lol.. Will be happy to share swatches when they arrive!
post #16 of 79

So pretty! I've been debating ordering a sample grab bag to at least try them and seeing all these swatches has cemented that I HAVE TO. Dusk and Southern Lace are gorgeoouuuus.

post #17 of 79
Thread Starter 

Dooooo it!

post #18 of 79

I just started with their OTM sub, and I really love them. The colors that I've seen swatched (here, and facebook) are so pigmented and gorgeous. Thanks for swatching more colors for me to obsess over! ;)

post #19 of 79
Thread Starter 

I'll keep updating it as my hoard grows. :)

post #20 of 79
I ordered a bunch of samples and im in loooooove with these shadows!
post #21 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 View Post

I ordered a bunch of samples and im in loooooove with these shadows!

THey are SO great, I ordered like $25 worth of sample packets lol

post #22 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss View Post

THey are SO great, I ordered like $25 worth of sample packets lol

I ordered $10 and got 2 free. Yay free samples! Finally put them in my weekly pill container last night.
post #23 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by decayeddoll82 View Post




I ordered $10 and got 2 free. Yay free samples! Finally put them in my weekly pill container last night.

Hey that's a good idea!

post #24 of 79
Thanks. smile.gif it works really well. I use the labels off the sample baggies so ill know which color and brand they're from.
post #25 of 79
Thread Starter 

This is what I got in this month's insider package. I immediately went nuts because I wanted to use Fabulous and Tabloid together.


THESESHADOWSAREAWESOME.
That's all I'm sayin'.

post #26 of 79
Ooo! Beautiful! I got my shipping notice for the OTM yesterday. Plus, there's a TON of shades in my cart, waiting lol.
post #27 of 79

So gorgeous!  Thanks for sharing!  I haven't been thinking about my few loose mineral shadows much lately but just before reading this, I'd played with the few I have and wondered why I haven't been using them.  I've been really curious about this brand, and this post is setting me over the edge--rocket looks like a must-have.  Good job enabling.  I love your photos & application.

post #28 of 79

$30 and 12 sample jars later....

 

Haha!  Look what you did!  Actually, look what I did.  No one was twisting my arm, but those swatches were persuasive.

post #29 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermuse View Post

$30 and 12 sample jars later....

 

Haha!  Look what you did!  Actually, look what I did.  No one was twisting my arm, but those swatches were persuasive.

The colors speak for themselves....it becomes an addiction lol.

post #30 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi Magdalene View Post

This is what I got in this month's insider package. I immediately went nuts because I wanted to use Fabulous and Tabloid together.


THESESHADOWSAREAWESOME.
That's all I'm sayin'.

OMG GORGEOUS!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Makeup Dupes and Swatches