or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Petit Vour - Vegan & Cruelty Free sub

Petit Vour - Vegan & Cruelty Free sub

post #1 of 54
Thread Starter 

Has anyone tried this yet? It's a new sub that offers only vegan and cruelty free products.

 

http://www.petitvour.com/

post #2 of 54

Just just sent me a box to review.  It should be here in a few days.  I will post a picture when it arrives.

post #3 of 54

I look forward to reading your review, the sub looks really interesting. 

post #4 of 54

Here's what in the initial box that was just sent out, and not to be deceived, the value was much higher than the usual box will be. The customer service was honest and admitted it, so that's nice! 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Hi there,
 
We actually just shipped our first box and plan to upload photos of it as soon as all of our members have received theirs. We just wanted it to be a surprise (: Our first box was especially fantastic and had a retail value of over $50. Typically, our boxes will have a retail value between $20-30. In the May box, we featured a deluxe-size argan oil shampoo + conditioner by Acure, a sample tube of Tsi-la perfume, a full-size Misa 3-free nail lacquer, a 10-day Skin Treatment gift certificate by Odacite and a Go Raw food bar. We hope you join Petit Vour! Our June box is going to be fabulous.
 
Xx,
 
Petit Vour Team

 

 

post #5 of 54
Ooh I'm really interested in this ! I might have to try it out.
post #6 of 54

I just requested for an invite...I love the concept and that first box is a killer! I wish I knew about this box earlier. 

post #7 of 54

I got my box today:



 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

post #8 of 54
Thread Starter 

thinking i might do a 3 mo sub. i can commit for 3 months.  thanks for posting the picture!!  please let us know when you have the review up.

post #9 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Bailey View Post

thinking i might do a 3 mo sub. i can commit for 3 months.  thanks for posting the picture!!  please let us know when you have the review up.

I will!  Hopefully I can get it up tomorrow.  I am so behind on my reviews.  That's what I get for going on vacation!!!!

post #10 of 54

*Le sigh*

Not available in Canada.

post #11 of 54
UGGGG! Just received my box and got another shimmery hot pink nail polish like the ones from multiples other subs..... I was hoping I would not get the may box.
post #12 of 54

I just did a review on this box, and I was very impressed with it.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

The gift cert is worth $29 according to the Odacite Organic site, so I am excited to try it out. The polish is AWESOME! And I am kinda hard to impress with polish as I prefer the glitters, sands, holos, etc -- but the coverage is absolutely fantastic and it has such a pretty shimmer to it. Here is a pic of the whole box, plus the polish swatched

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #13 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhoundluna View Post

I just did a review on this box, and I was very impressed with it.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

The gift cert is worth $29 according to the Odacite Organic site, so I am excited to try it out. The polish is AWESOME! And I am kinda hard to impress with polish as I prefer the glitters, sands, holos, etc -- but the coverage is absolutely fantastic and it has such a pretty shimmer to it. Here is a pic of the whole box, plus the polish swatched

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I did not get the Certificate, got 2 packetes of cleaner and 2 of moisturizer instead...substitutions on the first month already? 

post #14 of 54

The 10-day Skin Treatment gift certificate by Odacite was given to the first 100 subscribers only.... 

post #15 of 54

The first box was way better. I got my box today and I feel ripped off.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

The only things I'll use are the granola bar and the perfume sample. I don't have wrinkles *so they don't pay much attention to the profile they have you fill out* and I got a "free" gift certificate that I still have to pay shipping for. Sigh. I was hoping so badly to like this one, but I don't like it at all.

post #16 of 54


Here's my June box - I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels ripped off. I just ate he food bar and the only other item I will use is the perfume sample, which I might not like. Why do they have to give gift certificates?! What a waste. I'm going to cancel - I cannot gamble away another month.
post #17 of 54

That's $15?!

post #18 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 View Post

That's $15?!

Yeah... The customer rep told me the box value is $60+! She must have forgotten a decimal point. I think it's more like 60 cents.
post #19 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhimaach View Post



Here's my June box - I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels ripped off. I just ate he food bar and the only other item I will use is the perfume sample, which I might not like. Why do they have to give gift certificates?! What a waste. I'm going to cancel - I cannot gamble away another month.

I know. I hate gift certificates! And I feel really bad because I got a couple of my friends to sign up after showing them pics from last month. I don't know where they got $60 from. For me personally the total value of the box is about $3.50, because I'm not using the anti aging products because I'm 18! What kinda makes me mad is that they are totally dismissing the anti aging stuff by calling it preventative. I'm not going to rub a treatment cream for emotion lines on my face as a preventative treatment. I cancelled right away sadly. I was so looking forward to this box, but I guess my judgement was wrong on this one.

post #20 of 54

Xfoliator - $0.75

Eye Complex - $8.26

Anti-Wrinkle Complex -??

Perfume sample - $1.23

Barre Cinnamon Pecan bar - $2.50

 

So, barring the anti wrinkle cream and the GC, the box value is $12.74 which is very low. I posted a message on their FB page and they told me that even if we leave the GC out, the box value is about $45 - I guess the bulk of the box value lies in the anti wrinkle cream; this doesn't even make any business sense because not all their box subscribers would want so much money put in an anti wrinkle cream. I'm sure they'll see lots of unsubscribers and unhappy customers this month! 

post #21 of 54
I promptly cancelled my subscription after opening my June box this evening. Very unimpressed.
post #22 of 54

i have heard the same thing from friends, that they just didn't like it... just got my review box and not sure how i feel about it yet. anyone who knows me knows i HATE gift certificates in a box. i think the only one i've actually used is the gorjana one. got some rose gold hoops. i digress. i don't want to have to spend more money or do anything with my box but use my stuff!

post #23 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyk View Post

i have heard the same thing from friends, that they just didn't like it... just got my review box and not sure how i feel about it yet. anyone who knows me knows i HATE gift certificates in a box. i think the only one i've actually used is the gorjana one. got some rose gold hoops. i digress. i don't want to have to spend more money or do anything with my box but use my stuff!


Yeah same here. If the gift certificate would have included shipping I would have been fine, because then the box would have at least been worth it.

post #24 of 54

hey, look what they posted on the facebook page!

 

Hi PV friends! We're happy to announce that the full value of your shipping costs associated with the gift certificate will be added to your PV account in the form of PV Points. For some of you this means your next box will be FREE (for prepaid accounts, a Petit Vour is added onto your subscription), because you've reached 1500 points! We will also make sure that shipping costs are included in any gift certificates in the future.

 

I thought that was a good solution for this company. Mistakes/missteps are bound to happen with new boxes and good resolutions work for me.

post #25 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandyk View Post

hey, look what they posted on the facebook page!

 

Hi PV friends! We're happy to announce that the full value of your shipping costs associated with the gift certificate will be added to your PV account in the form of PV Points. For some of you this means your next box will be FREE (for prepaid accounts, a Petit Vour is added onto your subscription), because you've reached 1500 points! We will also make sure that shipping costs are included in any gift certificates in the future.

 

I thought that was a good solution for this company. Mistakes/missteps are bound to happen with new boxes and good resolutions work for me.


I'm glad that they fixed it, however since I already cancelled it isn't that great for me. At least they are learning.

post #26 of 54

Well awarding PV points doesn't help me since I've cancelled. I don't think I want to subscribe back for a long time. 2 foil packets, 1 food item, 1 perfume sample?! no thanks. The anti aging cream doesn't count in my opinion. They should have used that money towards other GREAT stuff out there!

post #27 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhimaach View Post

Well awarding PV points doesn't help me since I've cancelled. I don't think I want to subscribe back for a long time. 2 foil packets, 1 food item, 1 perfume sample?! no thanks. The anti aging cream doesn't count in my opinion. They should have used that money towards other GREAT stuff out there!


Agree. Especially since there are so many great cruelty free brands!

post #28 of 54
Gladly dumping this boring sub!
post #29 of 54

http://www.skingenx.com/inc/sdetail/1050/1053

We can order the Skin Gen products ourselves for $5.95 TOTAL, plus it sounds like we'd get more?  So that makes the box worth less than $10.

 

This was my first box and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with it.  The box was cute and packaged nicely though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhimaach View Post

Xfoliator - $0.75

Eye Complex - $8.26

Anti-Wrinkle Complex -??

Perfume sample - $1.23

Barre Cinnamon Pecan bar - $2.50

 

So, barring the anti wrinkle cream and the GC, the box value is $12.74 which is very low. I posted a message on their FB page and they told me that even if we leave the GC out, the box value is about $45 - I guess the bulk of the box value lies in the anti wrinkle cream; this doesn't even make any business sense because not all their box subscribers would want so much money put in an anti wrinkle cream. I'm sure they'll see lots of unsubscribers and unhappy customers this month! 

post #30 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasaurus View Post

http://www.skingenx.com/inc/sdetail/1050/1053

We can order the Skin Gen products ourselves for $5.95 TOTAL, plus it sounds like we'd get more?  So that makes the box worth less than $10.

 

This was my first box and I'm not sure if I'm sticking with it.  The box was cute and packaged nicely though.

 

Wow good to know that. I'm going to respond to their FB comment with this info. How disappointing. 

  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Petit Vour - Vegan & Cruelty Free sub