or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: August 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!)

Ipsy Glam Bag: August 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) - Page 8

post #211 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoru View Post

I still hope for products from Asian cosmetic companies *cough*Missha*cough* (since they have US website) and when MP has friends that import and re-sell Asian cosmetics

Just not fake lashes though.

Holika Holika or Lioele eyeliner pencils!  Tons of color options and right around the price point that ipsy seems to like for eyeliners.  I get in a *lot* of trouble if I go into Pretty & Cute with anything more than just enough money to get my bb cream and get out (I live about a mile and a half from their brick and mortar store).

post #212 of 5251

OMG Portlandia talk!?  I looove that show.  My fav skits are normally  the feminist bookstore owners. laughing.gif  The show could be about any area in the PNW, although there are more Portland specific references. 

I'm looking forward to this bag.  Now is the time I'll stay on the lookout for sneak peaks and adjust my profile accordingly.  I had it with "no skin care" "no fragrences" and stuff....but looking back it'd be fun to have tried some of what other people got. icon_redface.gif

post #213 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

I am not affiliated with this company and I don't know hardly anything about them, but I saw on a blog that there is this sub for skincare: http://www.oneradiant.com/
. I know there are some for curly hair (Curlbox, I think) but I can't remember if there's one for hair in general. When I was subscribed to Birchbox, they sent a lot of skincare and haircare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

I hear Sample Society is also skincare-heavy, they would be worth checking out!  I also usually have at least 2-3 skincare items in my Birchbox. 

I'll look in to these, thanks for the suggestions ladies.
post #214 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Holika Holika or Lioele eyeliner pencils!  Tons of color options and right around the price point that ipsy seems to like for eyeliners.  I get in a *lot* of trouble if I go into Pretty & Cute with anything more than just enough money to get my bb cream and get out (I live about a mile and a half from their brick and mortar store).


lol. That's the site I was talking about. It's founded by one of MP's friend.

post #215 of 5251

I am so late to this party...

post #216 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

I am so late to this party...

But you're here now so it's okay~

post #217 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffyeyes View Post

OMG Portlandia talk!?  I looove that show.  My fav skits are normally  the feminist bookstore owners. laughing.gif
  The show could be about any area in the PNW, although there are more Portland specific references. 


I'm looking forward to this bag.  Now is the time I'll stay on the lookout for sneak peaks and adjust my profile accordingly.  I had it with "no skin care" "no fragrences" and stuff....but looking back it'd be fun to have tried some of what other people got. icon_redface.gif
Lol. I think those are my least favorite scenes. I did like the episode where they were ordering in a restaurant and ended up working on a chicken farm, but I stopped watching it ages ago. My brother works at Imelda's down in the pearl and my sister books gigs at the Doug fir. She was on an intro for one of the episodes when she worked at the waffle window. It's either not funny to me because it just seems like normal life or because I feel like they're poking fun at people I know. Too close for comfort?
post #218 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessilng View Post


Lol. I think those are my least favorite scenes. I did like the episode where they were ordering in a restaurant and ended up working on a chicken farm, but I stopped watching it ages ago. My brother works at Imelda's down in the pearl and my sister books gigs at the Doug fir. She was on an intro for one of the episodes when she worked at the waffle window. It's either not funny to me because it just seems like normal life or because I feel like they're poking fun at people I know. Too close for comfort?

The chicken farm skit was the first one I LOVED. I liked the "portfolio" with pictures they had on the chicken they were going to eat. haha. I think they are lovingly poking fun at it. Honestly, that show has made me want to visit Portland much more now! :)

post #219 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessilng View Post

Lol. I think those are my least favorite scenes. I did like the episode where they were ordering in a restaurant and ended up working on a chicken farm, but I stopped watching it ages ago. My brother works at Imelda's down in the pearl and my sister books gigs at the Doug fir. She was on an intro for one of the episodes when she worked at the waffle window. It's either not funny to me because it just seems like normal life or because I feel like they're poking fun at people I know. Too close for comfort?
I read an interview with the production & costume designers for Potlandia in Mental Floss. They said that a lot of the scenes are shot in local stores/restaurants (as I'm sure you know already). But the part that blew me away is that Fred & Carrie do fundraisers for the local feminist bookstore where they shoot. I think that says a lot about the respect they have for Portland.
post #220 of 5251
hey ladies smile.gif .. I am new here && to ipsy (last month was a first bag) .. just wanted to say hi smile.gif so HI
post #221 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1x0x View Post

hey ladies smile.gif .. I am new here && to ipsy (last month was a first bag) .. just wanted to say hi smile.gif so HI
Hi! I hope you have fun here! Be careful because you will have a dozen subs before you know it!
post #222 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1x0x View Post

hey ladies smile.gif .. I am new here && to ipsy (last month was a first bag) .. just wanted to say hi smile.gif so HI

Hi and welcome!! wavey.gif I hope you loved your Ipsy bag, enjoy watching the super detectives on here figure out every spoiler in about 5 minutes flat!

post #223 of 5251

When can we expect a spoiler? 

 

I'm only getting Ipsy and BB right now and BB has been disappointing in the last few months so this is my only hope for fun, new items to explore :-)

post #224 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalriley View Post


Hi! I hope you have fun here! Be careful because you will have a dozen subs before you know it!

THIS IS SOO TRUE! Lol! Welcome to our crazy, subscription box obsessed world! wink.gif
post #225 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessilng View Post

Lol. I think those are my least favorite scenes. I did like the episode where they were ordering in a restaurant and ended up working on a chicken farm, but I stopped watching it ages ago. My brother works at Imelda's down in the pearl and my sister books gigs at the Doug fir. She was on an intro for one of the episodes when she worked at the waffle window. It's either not funny to me because it just seems like normal life or because I feel like they're poking fun at people I know. Too close for comfort?

Yes! Way too close. Like the moving sun party piece and, actually, the brunch episode, believe it or not (local reference alert: if my family meets up for brunch on a Sunday, we usually go to the Bollywood Theatre and then Salt & Straw because brunch places tend to be nightmarish by the time my brother and his family roll out of bed. Very few people eat Indian street food on Sundays!). I wish they would come out to 82nd and show that glory because it's *much* different from what they do on the show but still completely quintessential Portland.
post #226 of 5251

hey ladies...i have a quick question for all of you more knowledgeable than myself. last month, two friends signed up through my referral link and each time i got an email telling me that they did. this month, my mother signed up through my referral link and i got no email. do you always gets emails telling you that people signed up through your link? and if i didn't get one, does that mean that somehow it didn't count towards my ipsypoints thing? thanks so much for some guidance...

 

on a different note, i'm so stoked for august! ipsy was my gateway sub box...now i have six sub boxes (including the new bride box...so excited!!) and it's still the one that i'm usually the most excited for! yay.gif

post #227 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissvixen View Post

do you always gets emails telling you that people signed up through your link? 

 

I apparently had 2 people sign up using my link and I never got emails when they did, but I got the bonus referral item for July. I think this feature is a work in progress, lol. 

post #228 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1x0x View Post

hey ladies smile.gif .. I am new here && to ipsy (last month was a first bag) .. just wanted to say hi smile.gif so HI

Welcome to Makeuptalk! biggrin.gif

post #229 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewiggy View Post

 

I apparently had 2 people sign up using my link and I never got emails when they did, but I got the bonus referral item for July. I think this feature is a work in progress, lol. 


okay awesome! thanks so much for your help!

post #230 of 5251

Ugh!! I've been on the Ipsy waitlist since late July and it's driving me bonkers!! I know the waitlist time varies, but do you think I'll have to wait much longer?  

 

 

This is TORTURE!!!

post #231 of 5251

8 pages and not even one spoiler.  

 

+1 for polka dot bag

 

No mirrored compacts for me, I just got one with little kitties on it for my B-day.  

post #232 of 5251

Somewhere out in the universe the August sneak peaks are sitting there, taunting me.

post #233 of 5251
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

Somewhere out in the universe the August sneak peaks are sitting there, taunting me.

 

Yes.

post #234 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktergal View Post


I wanted to like Portlandia because I love Fred Armisen on SNL.  I tried to watch the ep about the Sunday brunch, but honestly I just couldn't get through it.  I didn't find it funny. Maybe that wasn't a great ep; I don't know. But I never tried watching another one after that.  Honestly, I have a great dry sense of humor, but Portlandia and I didn't click.  Different strokes, I reckon.

 

 

Same for me. I LOVE Fred Armisen and I also love dry, sarcastic humor. Buuuut I've never been to Portland, so maybe that's why I didn't get it? Who knows. 

 

Regardless, I was well aware of the "Put a bird on it" reference as I was typing "I want bird silhouettes!"  I knew I'd get ripped apart for it BUT AIN'T NO SHAME IN LOVIN' ME SOME BIRDS, Y'ALL.

post #235 of 5251

In addition to colored mascara, I'm going to cross my fingers for another rollerball perfume. I didn't get the Salt Air last time and I HATED the Pacifica Gardenia, so maybe third time is a charm?

 

Also - someone mentioned hair chalk. Gimme.

 

Also also - count me in for a mirrored compact. I have one that I adore, but I think I need a second for my school bag. Duh. I mean, THAT'S the kind of back-to-school supplies that matter most to me! #priorities

post #236 of 5251
AN ODE TO IPSY WAIT LIST HELL
All through July, I watched the spoilers
And I waited.....
All through July, I saw bags opened with glee
And I waited....
July draws to a close, a new month dawns
And I wait on ....
No glam bag, no fun make up, no ipsy in my mail
And I wait on....
And on.....
post #237 of 5251

Updates.
 

post #238 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieBBon View Post

AN ODE TO IPSY WAIT LIST HELL
All through July, I watched the spoilers
And I waited.....
All through July, I saw bags opened with glee
And I waited....
July draws to a close, a new month dawns
And I wait on ....
No glam bag, no fun make up, no ipsy in my mail
And I wait on....
And on.....

this sums up all of my sadness...

 

 

POURQUOI!!!?????

post #239 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayzeek View Post

this sums up all of my sadness...


POURQUOI!!!?????

I feel your pain, ladies! I was wait listed for almost TWO months before a spot became available! On a positive note, I've heard lots of MUT'ers commenting about canceling their second and/or third bags, so hopefully, VERY soon, you will both be active glam bag subscribers! wink.gif
post #240 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post


I feel your pain, ladies! I was wait listed for almost TWO months before a spot became available! On a positive note, I've heard lots of MUT'ers commenting about canceling their second and/or third bags, so hopefully, VERY soon, you will both be active glam bag subscribers! wink.gif

 

Thanks for the hope <3

 

I'll definitely have a freak-out post when I'm finally an actual subscriber ;)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: August 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!)