or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: August 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!)

Ipsy Glam Bag: August 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!) - Page 4

post #91 of 5251

Hehehee... I'm throwing a party for the August Birthdays!

 

We've got a banner:  birthday.gif

 

and a band:  mussical.gif

 

And of course, all of us!:  beer.gif  party.gifbud.gif  wavey.gif  headphonedance.gif  yay.gif  rocknroll2.gif  add_best_wishes.gif  yess.gif  

 

 

(Wow... someone tell these guys to get a room!):  knuddel.gif

 

If you're an August Baby, Happy (Early!) Birthday!  May all your Ipsy wishes come true!

post #92 of 5251
Happy birthday all of you August babies!!
Heres my August Ipsy wish list....
But how about a nice brush of some kind. It could be an OR item. Some blush brushes, some crease brushes etc.
And a wonderful smelling lotion, Pacifica maybe??? The summer sun has done a number on me and I'm pretty dry these days.
I'm still in for the lip scrub 😄
A nice conditioning moisturizing lip balm/butter for after my lip scrub would be great!
And to round out what seems like is turning into a sun recovery themed box, a hair mask to combat all the chlorine and sun damage these hot, hot days have brought on.
The brushes don't exactly fit my theme, but that's ok I love brushes!
Here's hoping for a great August bag!
post #93 of 5251

Updates!

post #94 of 5251

I have high hopes for this one since the August bag last year was awesome. The first 6 items bag and I still love the glam gloss!

post #95 of 5251

UPDATES! wavey.gif

 

I never really have a wishlist of what I'd like to see because I think that I have everything I need and then Ipsy's like BAM YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS PRODUCT EXISTED BUT IT'LL NOW BE A STAPLE FOR YOU! and I'm like oooohhhhh yes, how did I not know I needed this!? *throws my wallet's contents at more makeup!*

 

However, I am so on TheBalm bandwagon. YES PLEASE! I lurve them! Just let me go to their warehouse and just drown myself in piles and piles of their products.

 

It is clearly time for me to go to bed. Goodnight ladies, may you be blessed with glittery dreams.

post #96 of 5251
July was the second time that Ipsy put Demeter perfume in our bags. The first time was last Summer I believe and the scent I received was starfruit or passion fruit.. can't remember. I recently just found it in my stash. I had completely forgotten about it. I would LOVE anything by TheBalm but would be over the moon freaking excited to try any color of their instain blushes... but I'm pretty much a blush whore and always get excited even though I have more blush than I could possibly ever use in my lifetime.
post #97 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Anything Princess would be awesome!  If/when they come out with the Belle line, my wallet better watch out because I AM BUYING EVERYTHING! (She's my favorite! icon_cheesygrin.gif)

 

According to Sephora, Ariel was the final Disney / Sephora collection. scared.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashynichole View Post

I'm all for Urban Decay & Zoya. I will be so happy if there is NO LIP PRODUCT or BLUSH in August's bag. Pink lip stuff & blush always look so bad on me, and I feel like I've been getting a lot of it, ha. I'm not complaining, I have loved most items in each bag. And I know I'm DEFINITELY in the minority of people who don't use pink/red lip & cheek stuff. 

 

I hear you on the no more lip products thing but I would be over the moon if they slipped one of the new UD lipsticks in our bags. icon_cheesygrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 View Post

I'm hoping august doesn't have as many variations as lately. I cancelled my 2nd sub because I was getting so many repeats (the core bag I guess)

I like different variations so that I will be more surprised and have lots of trading options as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

I would love a mostly skincare bag.  I'm drowning in samples and would love something I could actually use and possibly use up.  But, yeah, The Balm would be a fabulous addition.  *HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE, IPSY!*

 

I've just gotten into Origins & would love some of their products in future bags too.  I got a sample of the Miracle Skin Transformer acne tinted skin whatever today and wouldn't mind receiving something like that in a future bag either.  I'd also like some Kate Somerville, Murad, Glam Glow, and Living Proof (especially the serum that just came out) samples.  It would be totally awesome if they included travel containers in a future bag too.

I enjoy skincare, but I wouldn't prefer to have a bag that was mostly skincare. A lot of people (although not myself) cancelled Birchbox in favor of ipsy because they wanted mostly makeup.

 

I agree with you on both of these points. I want MORE variation, not less. I feel that May offered the best variation so far, since I ended up with 2 totally different bags with the exception of the concealer. My July bags were identical save for the hair product. 

As for skincare, I have more than enough and would not be at all happy to have a bag full of it. I don't mind a skincare product here and there but I subbed to Ipsy for makeup.

post #98 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post

July was the second time that Ipsy put Demeter perfume in our bags. The first time was last Summer I believe and the scent I received was starfruit or passion fruit.. can't remember. I recently just found it in my stash. I had completely forgotten about it. I would LOVE anything by TheBalm but would be over the moon freaking excited to try any color of their instain blushes... but I'm pretty much a blush whore and always get excited even though I have more blush than I could possibly ever use in my lifetime.


It was clean skin(or something like that)/dragonfruit from August 2012 glam blag, I still use my Demeter dragonfruit a lot :D

post #99 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoru View Post


It was clean skin(or something like that)/dragonfruit from August 2012 glam blag, I still use my Demeter dragonfruit a lot biggrin.gif


YES!!!! I knew the name had fruit in it lol.. dragonfruit! I wonder if Demeter will show up in a future bag again? Seems like Ipsy works with quite afee ccompanies for multiple bags. I'm intrigued by a lot of their scents but the two that I received I didn't care much for. I traded the Salt Air and need to make a trade list and put dragonfruit on there since its just sitting in a drawer. I rreally want to try Thunderstorm and I can't remember the exact name but the one that smells like an old book.
post #100 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post


YES!!!! I knew the name had fruit in it lol.. dragonfruit! I wonder if Demeter will show up in a future bag again? Seems like Ipsy works with quite afee ccompanies for multiple bags. I'm intrigued by a lot of their scents but the two that I received I didn't care much for. I traded the Salt Air and need to make a trade list and put dragonfruit on there since its just sitting in a drawer. I rreally want to try Thunderstorm and I can't remember the exact name but the one that smells like an old book.

I wish there was a store close by me with Salt Air to smell.  I am so tempted to order it with July's discount..but I had just ordered the Sephora/Disney Ariel perfume, and I was afraid that they might too similar (marine scents). 

I ended up ordering Dirt and Thunderstorm.  I LOVE dirt, wore it daily for years.  Can't wait to get a new bottle of it after a few years break. :D  

I really hope they have another rollerball sometime this year! Maybe a winter/holiday scented one.

post #101 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean2008 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post


YES!!!! I knew the name had fruit in it lol.. dragonfruit! I wonder if Demeter will show up in a future bag again? Seems like Ipsy works with quite afee ccompanies for multiple bags. I'm intrigued by a lot of their scents but the two that I received I didn't care much for. I traded the Salt Air and need to make a trade list and put dragonfruit on there since its just sitting in a drawer. I rreally want to try Thunderstorm and I can't remember the exact name but the one that smells like an old book.

I wish there was a store close by me with Salt Air to smell.  I am so tempted to order it with July's discount..but I had just ordered the Sephora/Disney Ariel perfume, and I was afraid that they might too similar (marine scents). 

I ended up ordering Dirt and Thunderstorm.  I LOVE dirt, wore it daily for years.  Can't wait to get a new bottle of it after a few years break. :D  

I really hope they have another rollerball sometime this year! Maybe a winter/holiday scented one.

 

I have them both and while they are both assuredly marine scents, I don't think they are too much alike. Ariel has very definite floral notes that sets it apart. Of the two, I prefer Salt Air.

post #102 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Hehehee... I'm throwing a party for the August Birthdays!

 

We've got a banner:  birthday.gif

 

and a band:  mussical.gif

 

And of course, all of us!:  beer.gif  party.gifbud.gif  wavey.gif  headphonedance.gif  yay.gif  rocknroll2.gif  add_best_wishes.gif  yess.gif  

 

 

(Wow... someone tell these guys to get a room!):  knuddel.gif

 

If you're an August Baby, Happy (Early!) Birthday!  May all your Ipsy wishes come true!

LOL so cute!

post #103 of 5251

Updates!! 

post #104 of 5251
Another August birthday here!!

Wish list for the month:
More Pacifica!
Colored mascara
Spray moisturizer
Hair accessory
Nail art pen
post #105 of 5251

I don't really know what I'm hoping for with the August bag. Awesome stuff?! I'm not a summer person to begin with, so I'm over summer products and ready to pretend like it's almost fall! Some blotting sheets would be kind of nice though, since I can pretend all I want that summer's over, but I can't pretend that my face doesn't look I rubbed fried food all over it. :/ I would love to try one of theBalm's lipsticks, even though we've gotten a lot of lip stuff lately. It's one thing of theirs I haven't tried, and everything I have I looooooove, so I'd be cool with that. More Pacifica would be fantastic (maybe some face/makeup stuff, something different than just lotion or perfume, even though I'd be happy with either of those as well). If they have to send us hair stuff, I'd like to see some sort of shampoo or conditioner, or maybe a mask. We've gotten so many styling products lately! Hair accessories would be cool too. I just want to see some things that we haven't gotten from them lately. Mascara? We haven't gotten one of those in awhile. 

post #106 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashynichole View Post

Everyone seems to be wanting theBalm, I would love something from them! I have a few products from them, and totally wouldn't even care if I got items I already have! I have Mary Lou-manizer, my favorite, and the Put a Lid on it eyelid primer, which is GREAT, I have the Bahama Mama bronzer and love that, and I also have stainiac, which i've stated before I wasn't a huge fan of, it's a great product but I didn't purchase it for myself, it was a secret santa gift, and it's definitely not something I would buy myself. I doubt they'd send up Stainiac in August after getting Benetint last month, so i think I'm in the clear there :) I would really love if they send us Mary Lou-manizer... that stuff is my crack, I love it.

 

I would love a sample of theBalm eye primer! I've heard such great things about it and I tried to buy it when it was on Hautelook the last time but it sold out really fast! I also would love a sample of Mary Lou-manizer. I was one of the unlucky ones that never got a sample from Birchbox. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

YES!  Demeter!  I must own everything they make!  *(im)patiently waits for her order*

 

I would love a mostly skincare bag.  I'm drowning in samples and would love something I could actually use and possibly use up.  But, yeah, The Balm would be a fabulous addition.  *HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE, IPSY!*

 

I've just gotten into Origins & would love some of their products in future bags too.  I got a sample of the Miracle Skin Transformer acne tinted skin whatever today and wouldn't mind receiving something like that in a future bag either.  I'd also like some Kate Somerville, Murad, Glam Glow, and Living Proof (especially the serum that just came out) samples.  It would be totally awesome if they included travel containers in a future bag too.

 

I would love a sample of any of those products! I use the Murad Acne wash and it's the best acne wash I've found, so I'd love to sample some more of their products. And Glam Glow sounds amazing but it's so expensive!! I'd love to try it out! 

 

Also, it might be wishful thinking but I'd love to get a small pair of Tweezerman tweezers in the bag! 

post #107 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieO View Post

I don't really know what I'm hoping for with the August bag. Awesome stuff?! I'm not a summer person to begin with, so I'm over summer products and ready to pretend like it's almost fall! Some blotting sheets would be kind of nice though, since I can pretend all I want that summer's over, but I can't pretend that my face doesn't look I rubbed fried food all over it. :/ I would love to try one of theBalm's lipsticks, even though we've gotten a lot of lip stuff lately. It's one thing of theirs I haven't tried, and everything I have I looooooove, so I'd be cool with that. More Pacifica would be fantastic (maybe some face/makeup stuff, something different than just lotion or perfume, even though I'd be happy with either of those as well). If they have to send us hair stuff, I'd like to see some sort of shampoo or conditioner, or maybe a mask. We've gotten so many styling products lately! Hair accessories would be cool too. I just want to see some things that we haven't gotten from them lately. Mascara? We haven't gotten one of those in awhile. 

 

This is my skin right now!  So. Freakin'. Shiny.  And I don't like putting a thick layer of makeup on my face in the summer, so full coverage is out... I've had some luck with The Balm's Sexy Mama powder layered over Benefit's The Porefessional primer, but after an hour or so outside I might as well just dip my face in a tub o' fries... 

 

(If anyone knows of a miracle product, I'm totally open to suggestions!)

 

It would be so cool if they did a series of historical time period bags, like:

-Victorian (old fashioned products that have stood the test of time)

-Flapper (dark eyes, red lips, matte skin)

-Hippie (all natural/organic beauty)

-Disco (bright! glittery! fun!)

 

 

They've already done '40s bombshell, but a '50s housewife one would be pretty hilarious (long-lasting products so you can always look *perfect*!)

post #108 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

I would love to have some Urban Decay in our bags and a Zoya pixie dust wouldn't hurt either.

This sounds perfect. smilehappyyes.gif

post #109 of 5251
Quote:
According to Sephora, Ariel was the final Disney / Sephora collection. scared.gif

Belle is my favorite too! I was so sad when I heard they are not doing more. Especially because I missed all the other ones! I think they might hold off a while and then bring it back out of no where. Disney is a huge money maker, I think that it will be hard to resist those kind of sales... I just bought super cute Beauty and the Beast Tanks from Hot Topic! <3 Disney!

post #110 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

 

This is my skin right now!  So. Freakin'. Shiny.  And I don't like putting a thick layer of makeup on my face in the summer, so full coverage is out... I've had some luck with The Balm's Sexy Mama powder layered over Benefit's The Porefessional primer, but after an hour or so outside I might as well just dip my face in a tub o' fries... 

 

(If anyone knows of a miracle product, I'm totally open to suggestions!)

 

It would be so cool if they did a series of historical time period bags, like:

-Victorian (old fashioned products that have stood the test of time)

-Flapper (dark eyes, red lips, matte skin)

-Hippie (all natural/organic beauty)

-Disco (bright! glittery! fun!)

 

 

They've already done '40s bombshell, but a '50s housewife one would be pretty hilarious (long-lasting products so you can always look *perfect*!)

 



I love that idea! wub.gif

post #111 of 5251
Okay, ladies...a little OT question while we patiently wait for July to end! I need some recommendations for a SUPER shiny, sparkley lip gloss! I've recently taken a liking to nude/muted lippies, but they only work for me when layered under a high shine gloss, but for the life of me, I can't find one that is A) Shiny enough, and B) I have to re-apply every four seconds..helppp frown.gif
post #112 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Hehehee... I'm throwing a party for the August Birthdays!

 

We've got a banner:  birthday.gif

 

and a band:  mussical.gif

 

And of course, all of us!:  beer.gif  party.gifbud.gif  wavey.gif  headphonedance.gif  yay.gif  rocknroll2.gif  add_best_wishes.gif  yess.gif  

 

 

(Wow... someone tell these guys to get a room!):  knuddel.gif

 

If you're an August Baby, Happy (Early!) Birthday!  May all your Ipsy wishes come true!

 

 

LOVE THIS!  I'm definitely the one with the beer. Summer Shandy, anyone?!

post #113 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany27la View Post

Okay, ladies...a little OT question while we patiently wait for July to end! I need some recommendations for a SUPER shiny, sparkley lip gloss! I've recently taken a liking to nude/muted lippies, but they only work for me when layered under a high shine gloss, but for the life of me, I can't find one that is A) Shiny enough, and B) I have to re-apply every four seconds..helppp frown.gif

 

I LOVE Ulta's mineral gloss. It's currently half price online! I'm wearing it in Moonstone right now. I mean, my love for Ulta is pretty well established at this point; they should probably start paying me.

post #114 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savinggrace87 View Post

Quote:
According to Sephora, Ariel was the final Disney / Sephora collection. scared.gif

Belle is my favorite too! I was so sad when I heard they are not doing more. Especially because I missed all the other ones! I think they might hold off a while and then bring it back out of no where. Disney is a huge money maker, I think that it will be hard to resist those kind of sales... I just bought super cute Beauty and the Beast Tanks from Hot Topic! <3 Disney!

 

It's funny, I didn't buy stuff from the Ariel collection because I'm a Disney/Little Mermaid fan. I bought them because I like the colors and the perfume description intrigued me. Truth be told, I'm not much of a fan of Disney. I really only like a couple of their movies. lol

Now, if Sephora were to do a Studio Ghibli collaboration, on the other hand, I would be all over it!  smilehappyyes.gif

post #115 of 5251

My favourite Disney movie is Alice and Wonderland! I don't remember if there is a pallet from them or is there not I don't know... But it would be such a fun pallet!!

post #116 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Stan View Post

My favourite Disney movie is Alice and Wonderland! I don't remember if there is a pallet from them or is there not I don't know... But it would be such a fun pallet!!

 

Urban Decay did an Alice in Wonderland palette. smilehappyyes.gif

 

http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-alice-in-wonderland-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches

Sadly, I do not own it. Alice is one of my all time favorite stories. 

post #117 of 5251
I would jump in an instant for everything associated with the old animated _Alice in Wonderland_. I did get the UD palette and a couple of the OPI polishes, but those were all from the Burton version. I need my childhood in makeup form, not my midlife crisis.

ETA: I have a lifelong obsession with _AiC_. My earliest childhood memory is of being in the middle of reading that book.
post #118 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

I would jump in an instant for everything associated with the old animated _Alice in Wonderland_. I did get the UD palette and a couple of the OPI polishes, but those were all from the Burton version. I need my childhood in makeup form, not my midlife crisis.

ETA: I have a lifelong obsession with _AiC_. My earliest childhood memory is of being in the middle of reading that book.

I would of gotten it but that came out before my makeup obsession started -_- Hopefully they do come out with the original

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post

 

Urban Decay did an Alice in Wonderland palette. smilehappyyes.gif

 

http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-alice-in-wonderland-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches

Sadly, I do not own it. Alice is one of my all time favorite stories. 

 

 

Do you think that would ruin the chances of sephora doing one??
post #119 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Stan View Post

I would of gotten it but that came out before my makeup obsession started -_- Hopefully they do come out with the original

It came out before my makeup obsession relapse (it's a long story), but it seems like it was released exactly literally on my birthday, so I was clearly destined to buy it even though more than three years would go by before I ever bothered to use it.
post #120 of 5251
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Hehehee... I'm throwing a party for the August Birthdays!

We've got a banner:  birthday.gif

and a band:  mussical.gif


And of course, all of us!:  beer.gif
  party.gif
bud.gif
  
wavey.gif
  
headphonedance.gif
  
yay.gif
  
rocknroll2.gif
  
add_best_wishes.gif
  
yess.gif
  



(Wow... someone tell these guys to get a room!):  
knuddel.gif

If you're an August Baby, Happy (Early!) Birthday!  May all your Ipsy wishes come true!

YAY!!! Fellow August girl here! Happy Birthday to my fellow Leos (and Virgos)! party.gif

I'm up for anything since I'm doing birthday hauls and getting free stuff anyways rocknroll2.gif
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: August 2013 discussion (SPOILERS!)