or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › PopSugar › Discussions › *Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have August, 2013 Box

*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have August, 2013 Box - Page 2

post #31 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmish View Post

looks like the double chain is listed on ebay - for a pretty low buy it now price too

 

Thanks, I ended up scoring one from MUT. All my shameless begging finally paid off!  ;)

post #32 of 623

I love the necklace.  I wonder what else is in store for August!

post #33 of 623

I can't wait for the necklace - I do wish they would send silver sometimes instead of gold. I find it odd that they are releasing a spoiler for their monthly box - I am not sure they have ever done that...maybe to quash all the complaining about the July box?

post #34 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by payton View Post

I can't wait for the necklace - I do wish they would send silver sometimes instead of gold. I find it odd that they are releasing a spoiler for their monthly box - I am not sure they have ever done that...maybe to quash all the complaining about the July box?
I'm
Hoping that it's in addition to the regular box.
post #35 of 623

Loving the necklace! I'm also hoping that this August box will have the San Torpe bracelets they mentioned a few months ago as a summer box item. I thought those were gorgeous! http://www.santorpe.com/

post #36 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhoundluna View Post

Loving the necklace! I'm also hoping that this August box will have the San Torpe bracelets they mentioned a few months ago as a summer box item. I thought those were gorgeous! http://www.santorpe.com/

I had forgotten about the bracelets. I did really like those.

post #37 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhoundluna View Post

Loving the necklace! I'm also hoping that this August box will have the San Torpe bracelets they mentioned a few months ago as a summer box item. I thought those were gorgeous! http://www.santorpe.com/

 

I'd love to get one of those!

post #38 of 623
Hi! I just joined MUT, but have been subscribed to PS since April. I just wanted to point out that everyone is calling August their Anniversary Box, but really PS hasn't actually called it that. Their blog post said they are celebrating their anniversary with a gift INSIDE the box. To me that is different than it actually being a whole special anniversary box. We'll see though! I am excited about the necklace, I'm looking forward to a more delicate piece opposed to the statement necklaces we've gotten.
post #39 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by payton View Post

I can't wait for the necklace - I do wish they would send silver sometimes instead of gold. I find it odd that they are releasing a spoiler for their monthly box - I am not sure they have ever done that...maybe to quash all the complaining about the July box?


I assumed they posted a spoiler and the bit about the anniversary box to acknowledge people were unhappy with the July box and let us know they consider August the anniversary box. That's just a guess.

post #40 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon28 View Post


I assumed they posted a spoiler and the bit about the anniversary box to acknowledge people were unhappy with the July box and let us know they consider August the anniversary box. That's just a guess.

That is exactly what I thought - I know I subscribed for the July box because I thought it would be amazing. It so was not, and I felt pretty let down, and was ready to give up until the August spoiled. Maybe delaying the Anniversary box is just a way for them to slyly get people to subscribe for two boxes?

post #41 of 623

Does anyone have Juicy Stem Cell Repair Moisturizer they want to sell?  If so let me know, please private message me and let me know how much you would like to sell it for.  Thanks!

post #42 of 623

Hey everyone. I am pretty new to MUT but am so glad I found it. I am new to the Sub thing two, this is month two for my Birchbox and Glossybox and month one for sample society and ipsy. I am thinking of starting popsugar, but I was thinking of waiting till the end of the month to subscribe (have it hit the next paycheck!).

When I go to the purchase page on the Popsugar site, it indicates that my subscription would begin with the September box if I join now. Does anyone know if I wait till the end of July to subscribe, if I will still get September? I'm sad because that is so far away and I am afraid if I wait to subscribe I might miss September too!

post #43 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savinggrace87 View Post

Hey everyone. I am pretty new to MUT but am so glad I found it. I am new to the Sub thing two, this is month two for my Birchbox and Glossybox and month one for sample society and ipsy. I am thinking of starting popsugar, but I was thinking of waiting till the end of the month to subscribe (have it hit the next paycheck!).
When I go to the purchase page on the Popsugar site, it indicates that my subscription would begin with the September box if I join now. Does anyone know if I wait till the end of July to subscribe, if I will still get September? I'm sad because that is so far away and I am afraid if I wait to subscribe I might miss September too!

it all depends on whether or not they sell out of September. it is possible but I think u will be probably be okay even if you wait.
post #44 of 623

thanks so much!

post #45 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savinggrace87 View Post

Hey everyone. I am pretty new to MUT but am so glad I found it. I am new to the Sub thing two, this is month two for my Birchbox and Glossybox and month one for sample society and ipsy. I am thinking of starting popsugar, but I was thinking of waiting till the end of the month to subscribe (have it hit the next paycheck!).

When I go to the purchase page on the Popsugar site, it indicates that my subscription would begin with the September box if I join now. Does anyone know if I wait till the end of July to subscribe, if I will still get September? I'm sad because that is so far away and I am afraid if I wait to subscribe I might miss September too!


If you subscribe you can click the thing that says "send me an earlier box if one becomes available" or something along those lines and you could even possibly get august (which is the month they are celebrating their anniversary in and is supposed to be a good box)

post #46 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitnmitns View Post

Use your PS account number as the reference number to track your box.  Here is the track by reference link.
https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?cntry_code=us&tab=2

Thank you for reposting this!!
post #47 of 623

The July box had the scarf and workout DVD among other things, right?  I'm wondering what it was in that box that everyone was disappointed in.  Which of the products did you not care for? 

post #48 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbella View Post

The July box had the scarf and workout DVD among other things, right?  I'm wondering what it was in that box that everyone was disappointed in.  Which of the products did you not care for? 

some didn't like the popcorn flavor they received.
post #49 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbella View Post

The July box had the scarf and workout DVD among other things, right?  I'm wondering what it was in that box that everyone was disappointed in.  Which of the products did you not care for? 

You're talking about June. It was great. Most people loved it. July had a necklace that a fair number of people didn't like. It was very "prominent"
post #50 of 623

Ah, I gotcha! 
 

Oh wow.  I just Googled it.  The one with an ice cube tray and tea bags???  Yeah, I kind of get that.

post #51 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbella View Post

Ah, I gotcha! 

 
Oh wow.  I just Googled it.  The one with an ice cube tray and tea bags???  Yeah, I kind of get that.

Yeah, it's not everyone's tastes. Some people could work it. I found mine a home w/ a younger friend.
post #52 of 623

I think most didn't care for the necklace from the July box.  

 

I'm not sure what was the least favorite item from June, perhaps the G&G card wasn't popular (after we found out how high the shipping charges were, but if you purchased on a free shipping promo you could score a small item for little or no money).

post #53 of 623

I wasn't sure about the necklace until I watched an unboxing video.  In the photo it was hard to tell, but in the video the necklace looks huge and heavy.  I have chronic migraines (in fact I'm working my way through one right now that has held on for four days) and I can't wear heavy necklaces.  Was it as large and heavy as it looks?
 

post #54 of 623
I loved the G&G gift card (still looking for some even w the shipping) biggrin.gif ... Re: the necklace, I can't remember. Just didn't look good on my skin tone nor do I like statement / big pieces. Just not my style. Looks adorable on others.
post #55 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbella View Post

I wasn't sure about the necklace until I watched an unboxing video.  In the photo it was hard to tell, but in the video the necklace looks huge and heavy.  I have chronic migraines (in fact I'm working my way through one right now that has held on for four days) and I can't wear heavy necklaces.  Was it as large and heavy as it looks?
 

Yes, it was probably the heaviest necklace I've ever worn, although I got used to it quickly. I still ended up taking it apart to make into other things.

 

I loved the July box and have a pitcher of the tea cooling off in the fridge right now. It's sad, but I'm quite ready for another box; I almost wish they'd ship twice a month!

post #56 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoiSurtout View Post

Yes, it was probably the heaviest necklace I've ever worn, although I got used to it quickly. I still ended up taking it apart to make into other things.

 

I loved the July box and have a pitcher of the tea cooling off in the fridge right now. It's sad, but I'm quite ready for another box; I almost wish they'd ship twice a month!


I agree, it's heavy but I got used to it wearing it for one day. 

 

When I got my box I ate the cookies at work, put the necklace on at work, took the box home, made the tea, ice cubes and painted my nails.

post #57 of 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbella View Post

The July box had the scarf and workout DVD among other things, right?  I'm wondering what it was in that box that everyone was disappointed in.  Which of the products did you not care for? 

 

I had wanted the June box, which had the scarf and other nice items, but ended up with July. I didn't care for most of it - it had a large ice cube tray, which I guess was fine (not something I would buy), a very heavy bauble bar necklace that I would never wear...

 

I did like the iced tea, the small pouch of cookies, and the nail polish, but the big item, the necklace, was just such a bummer.

post #58 of 623

I wasnt entirely pleased with the July box either. I hope the entire August box is a special anniversary box and not just the necklace. Overall, I've been a little on the disappointed side when it comes to PS boxes. 

post #59 of 623

I normally like to be spoiler free for popsugar, but I got my July box so early this month that I'm itching to see what's in August!

post #60 of 623
I really liked the July box. The items went into rotation pretty quickly and I am getting good use out of them. May wear the necklace this wkend.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PopSugar
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › PopSugar › Discussions › *Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have August, 2013 Box