or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox August 2013

Birchbox August 2013 - Page 25

post #721 of 2635

I passed my DDF stuff on to my little sister who is 14, she was visiting from at that time that my July box arrived and had a few zits so I 'experimented' on her, well I never got the stuff back, because it totally worked! 

post #722 of 2635

Lots of fun stuff this month!

post #723 of 2635

I agree, the shipping has improved. I got my CEW boxes in less than a week (even before the shipping notice went out). Normally it takes almost 2 weeks to receive an order from BB. I live in Seattle

post #724 of 2635
This'll be my 14th month with Birchbox, but I haven't gotten my anniversary gift yet. I think they told me a week ago that they're mailing them out in a couple weeks, so hopefully I'll see mine by the middle to end of August.
post #725 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofperil View Post

This'll be my 14th month with Birchbox, but I haven't gotten my anniversary gift yet. I think they told me a week ago that they're mailing them out in a couple weeks, so hopefully I'll see mine by the middle to end of August.

I got mine in my 14th month.  The email said nothing about being for a specific month, and was just a thank you for being a subscriber for more than a year.

post #726 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone View Post

I got mine in my 14th month.  The email said nothing about being for a specific month, and was just a thank you for being a subscriber for more than a year.

I'm convinced they send them out specific times of the year and include 13th-15th month-ers, or something like that.
post #727 of 2635

Just fyi I just bought the DDF acne treatment on Amazon for 26 bucks plus free shipping, Way better than 44

post #728 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley View Post

i was surprised at how well i like the DDF i received in my box since i still have the evologie sample that i use when needed; however, the DDF isn't anywhere near as drying as the evologie and seems to work well! I'm not sure I'd ever pay full price for the DDF though since I don't get enough blemishes to justify it. i'm still bumming over the e-mail that they won't be getting more bobby pins in stock :[

Try amazon for 26 bucks I couldnt say no. I didnt want to spend 44 with my skin nit at full out break all the time. They only had 6 left in stock when I ordered

post #729 of 2635

anyone else getting antsy?! 

post #730 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittneygg View Post

anyone else getting antsy?! 

 

Yes! roflmao.gif

post #731 of 2635

seems like this month there are less 'spoilers' or is that just me??

post #732 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHummel View Post

Yes! roflmao.gif

I want a clicky truck! I feel like I'm going to get a great box this month for whatever reason.
post #733 of 2635
The sneek peek video is up on you tube yah 😁
post #734 of 2635
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Iam excited for mally beauty products 😍

Edited by Dollysantana - 8/5/13 at 5:48am
post #735 of 2635
😁
Edited by Dollysantana - 8/5/13 at 5:47am
post #736 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollysantana View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The theme for August is finishing school! Iam excited for mally beauty products 😍

Yup..it was up a few days ago.
post #737 of 2635
Whoops Hahahahahahahahha 😂 haven't been here in a long time didn't read previous pages
post #738 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsiemagic View Post

My TJ's had a lot of DDF too, so looks like its pretty across the board! Which is nice, I always feel bad recommending things I score there, since it may have just been at mine. :/


I live in New Jersey and go to two different TJ Maxx's, I see DDF and StriVectin products in both all the time. I used to pass that section by until I saw someone else post about finding Elf brushes there so I decided to take a look and now I always breeze down that aisle. I see at least 3-4 luxury brand names every time. You just have to get lucky.

 

Oh and if you live anywhere near a pricey neighborhood go to their TJ Maxx. The stuff you can find at a discount (think Kate Spade $$$ range) in those TJ's is off the charts. The shoes are still in the boxes!

post #739 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoritaJ View Post

let me know how the dermablend concealer works out! i have horrible dark undereye circles and been eyeing it for a while

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BisousDarling View Post

 

I have the Dermablend concealer! I use it on my red breakouts since I found, that while it is super creamy, it still creases under my eyes. I have to use a high coverage more liquidy concealer under my eyes, it's the only thing that works for me unfortunately :(  BUT, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't work on you!

 

After a few days of use, I have to agree with BisousDarling on this one. Dermablend is creasing for me under my eyes, even with some eyeshadow primer. I also found it really tricky to blend this concealer into that area, partially because it's in a stick.

 

Otherwise I'm finding the coverage to be average. I was hoping it'd be a bit heavier (I get lovely dull brown/red marks when my acne is healing. Have a spot that's been around for almost 2 months now and is STILL seeing itself out!! plain.gif) and I didn't find Dermablend to cover any better or worse than Benefit's Erase Paste, which is the only other concealer that I've used. I do like the texture and the shade of the Dermablend better than the pot of Erase Paste I have, though! Dermablend is less tacky, and I think it goes on a lot smoother.

post #740 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleRoyer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggpi View Post

My one year came at 13 months--I never got an email though, the code was on a card that was mailed with the keychain.  

I got the key chain too, there was no card with it to explain what it was from though, and at the time I didn't know they sent them out. I got an email like a week after I got the keychain saying that I should have received/would receive a keychain and what it was for. My coupon code was in that email.

I got the key chain about the second week of the 13th month (maybe the 14th?) I think, and the email around the same time. They didn't send a card with the key chain.

 


Edited by msbelle - 8/5/13 at 8:44am
post #741 of 2635

I can't believe no one has shipping info yet!!  Usually by now a few have shipped!!!!   Rarr Birchbox!

post #742 of 2635

I think they ship on or around the 10th of the month. 

post #743 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey anne View Post

I can't believe no one has shipping info yet!!  Usually by now a few have shipped!!!!   Rarr Birchbox!


Yeah but usually by the time they update tracking the boxes were shipped a day or 2 prior, so there is probably some on the move now.  I have 2 trucks just sitting there waiting to be clicky icon_neutral.gif

post #744 of 2635
I think it's because of the weekend. I usually get my first box a few days before the site is loaded on the 10th and then my 2nd box few days after.
post #745 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by casey anne View Post

I can't believe no one has shipping info yet!!  Usually by now a few have shipped!!!!   Rarr Birchbox!

I think that only happened once which was last month, usually by the 8th-10th they ship.

post #746 of 2635

Are the box pages up yet? Or did I miss that post?
 

post #747 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleRoyer View Post


25% off at 13 months, BUT it didn't actually get emailed to me until like 15 months. why? I have no clue.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

apparently someone asked about it recently but BB said they never did a code for your 13th month.

 

oh, okay okay

 

I'm one of the ones that asked recently.

 

They didn't quite say they never did the code, they kind of beat around the bush saying "the keychain is how we celebrate the anniversary." Another MUTer said that their CS response was that they don't give the 13 month code to everyone but assign it "randomly" which I think is a load of BS. My best guess is that they changed the anniversary gift sometime around the big switch/rebranding effort two months ago. That's when my 1 year would have been, I was following the comments on here very carefully and it seems (in my unscientific opinion) that people before the big switch just had to email to say "where's my code" and they'd get it, and then around the time of the rebranding is when we started getting all these different answers and some got it and some didn't.

 

I never got an email with the code or the keychain, so I emailed BB in my 14th month and they sent me a "replacement" keychain -- no "thanks for being a loyal customer" card with the discount code that I saw in this or another BB thread, no separate email with the code.

 

If I had points to spend or a must have item to buy I'd have raised hell to get that discount code RIGHTNOW, but I figure I can wait two more months and rack up another hundred points or so.  

 

But yeah, it's the principle of the matter that really irritates me. icon_frown.gif

post #748 of 2635
Yep. This is me. Though I would mind getting a mystery pack with my anni code. My 13 month was July and I heard nothing yet. But I have no points also. I just want the keychain. But I can sit pretty for a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlustro View Post


I'm one of the ones that asked recently.

They didn't quite say they never did the code, they kind of beat around the bush saying "the keychain is how we celebrate the anniversary." Another MUTer said that their CS response was that they don't give the 13 month code to everyone but assign it "randomly" which I think is a load of BS. My best guess is that they changed the anniversary gift sometime around the big switch/rebranding effort two months ago. That's when my 1 year would have been, I was following the comments on here very carefully and it seems (in my unscientific opinion) that people before the big switch just had to email to say "where's my code" and they'd get it, and then around the time of the rebranding is when we started getting all these different answers and some got it and some didn't.

I never got an email with the code or the keychain, so I emailed BB in my 14th month and they sent me a "replacement" keychain -- no "thanks for being a loyal customer" card with the discount code that I saw in this or another BB thread, no separate email with the code.

If I had points to spend or a must have item to buy I'd have raised hell to get that discount code RIGHTNOW, but I figure I can wait two more months and rack up another hundred points or so.  

But yeah, it's the principle of the matter that really irritates me.
icon_frown.gif
post #749 of 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlustro View Post

 

 

I'm one of the ones that asked recently.

 

They didn't quite say they never did the code, they kind of beat around the bush saying "the keychain is how we celebrate the anniversary." Another MUTer said that their CS response was that they don't give the 13 month code to everyone but assign it "randomly" which I think is a load of BS. My best guess is that they changed the anniversary gift sometime around the big switch/rebranding effort two months ago. That's when my 1 year would have been, I was following the comments on here very carefully and it seems (in my unscientific opinion) that people before the big switch just had to email to say "where's my code" and they'd get it, and then around the time of the rebranding is when we started getting all these different answers and some got it and some didn't.

 

I never got an email with the code or the keychain, so I emailed BB in my 14th month and they sent me a "replacement" keychain -- no "thanks for being a loyal customer" card with the discount code that I saw in this or another BB thread, no separate email with the code.

 

If I had points to spend or a must have item to buy I'd have raised hell to get that discount code RIGHTNOW, but I figure I can wait two more months and rack up another hundred points or so.  

 

But yeah, it's the principle of the matter that really irritates me. icon_frown.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post

Yep. This is me. Though I would mind getting a mystery pack with my anni code. My 13 month was July and I heard nothing yet. But I have no points also. I just want the keychain. But I can sit pretty for a bit.

I too tend to get bent out of shape over "the principle of the matter." It really bothers me when things like that happen--they change the policy just in time to screw you over whereas many, many people before you received the benefit. As for the keychain, I couldn't care less if they sent me that or not. I won't use it. I don't need or want it. But a 25% discount, now THAT would be put to some good use! Guess they don't want to make sales after all. Hmph! (Not that I'm anywhere NEAR my 1 year anniversary on either account. Just hit 3 months on one and will hit 3 months on the other this month. But yeah, like you, principle of the matter. I don't like seeing others treated inequitably either.) :(

post #750 of 2635

I just got off the waitlist and subscribed! Subbing for updates here as I eagerly await my first box :)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Birchbox Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Birchbox Subscribers › Discussions › Birchbox August 2013