or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: September 2013 SPOILERS discussion

Ipsy Glam Bag: September 2013 SPOILERS discussion - Page 25

post #721 of 3584
Maybe it's this pearl one?
post #722 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post

Maybe it's this pearl one?
I thought that too!
post #723 of 3584
Or this toffee one. Those look like the only ones it could be.
post #724 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post

Maybe it's this pearl one?

 

It looks like it's either White Pearl or Toffee Shimmer. Not sure what the difference is between the two.

post #725 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post

Well, that's a yawner. Hopefully the colors they send will add some excitement.

I have a nasty feeling that this is the only shade they're sending out since they only show that one color.

In related news, this sneak peek is making me very unenthused about this sub in general. I want to love it (that is, the sub in general), but there's just something meh about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Actually, in looking over my past two or three bags, I'm realizing that there's usually one or two things I end up using, but that's about it. Huh. I could gave sworn there were more things in there that I used. Time to more carefully go through my recent bags and start seriously considering canceling.

 

I'm feeling the same way. I've only been subbed since May and this will be the third bag with Nyx in it. I like Nyx but it's not very exciting. I would rather see brands and products that I'm not quite so familiar with. 

I can totally see that. I'm still okay with getting NYX because it isn't sold anywhere near me, so I have only a few NYX items (and they are mostly lip products...and an acid green liner). 

 

THe brand I personally am sick of is Big Sexy Hair. Ready for some new brands in general, though!

post #726 of 3584

Wow, what a disappointing first spoiler. Eyeshadows are my least favorite makeup since I only wear eyeshadow about a quarter of the time. If it is sent out in other colors, though, I hope I get it in white, even though I have a bunch of white eyeshadow. It's great to use on the brow bone and the inner corners of your eyes to make them look brighter, so I use white a lot more frequently.

post #727 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTrix View Post

It looks like it's either White Pearl or Toffee Shimmer. Not sure what the difference is between the two.
I know! I didn't know toffee was that color... wink.gif
post #728 of 3584
Thread Starter 

Found this online via a Google image search.

 

Image source: http://karlasugar.net/

post #729 of 3584

Ooh, white pearl or geisha would be nice for me...

post #730 of 3584

KarlaSugar has swatches of Nyx shadows. According to them, White Pearl is a frost and Toffee Shimmer is a sheer shimmer with glitter. 

 

 

source: http://karlasugar.net/2011/01/guest-swatcher-nyx-eyeshadow-singles/

post #731 of 3584

You'd think they'd want to show something more exciting for the first one. You can still cancel till the 1st, right? So wouldn't they want to entice people into staying? Hmm...

post #732 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post

You'd think they'd want to show something more exciting for the first one. You can still cancel till the 1st, right? So wouldn't they want to entice people into staying? Hmm...

 

Well, a lot of people on their site have been excited about nyx in the past, and get excited about makeup in general, so who knows! I guess exciting is subjective.

 

I'm not excited or disappointed, my reaction was basically "Okay."

post #733 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post

You'd think they'd want to show something more exciting for the first one. You can still cancel till the 1st, right? So wouldn't they want to entice people into staying? Hmm...

 

You would think so after the shitshow that was August. doze.gif

post #734 of 3584
Meh. Snooze.
post #735 of 3584

Ipsy is literally my ONLY sub this month so I hope the bag is exciting for me! I've never had only one sub before! (I was off work for 3 weeks since I broke my ankle, so I am SUPER FRICKIN POOR...so many things I want to buy...I'm dying here...)

post #736 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

Well, a lot of people on their site have been excited about nyx in the past, and get excited about makeup in general, so who knows! I guess exciting is subjective.

 

I'm not excited or disappointed, my reaction was basically "Okay."

Yeah, I mean, I would be more disappointed with a bronzer or something. It's just a really blah item to me. It's a brand they've done before (more than once), and a pretty humdrum item. Usable certainly, and I think a white shadow should be in everyone's arsenal (though I already have probably 4-5) but it definitely wouldn't make me want to stay if I was on the verge of leaving.

post #737 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Found this online via a Google image search.

 

Image source: http://karlasugar.net/

Is it just me or do they look extremely blah. If this one is to be in different colors, they don't have much color to them in general. And I agree with others, I'd rather have a new, or not as widely known brand than one I can buy down the street at a Long's or Wal-Mart

post #738 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahinaM View Post

Is it just me or do they look extremely blah. If this one is to be in different colors, they don't have much color to them in general. And I agree with others, I'd rather have a new, or not as widely known brand than one I can buy down the street at a Long's or Wal-Mart
There's a lot more colors on the NYX site.
post #739 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

Well, a lot of people on their site have been excited about nyx in the past, and get excited about makeup in general, so who knows! I guess exciting is subjective.

 

I'm not excited or disappointed, my reaction was basically "Okay."

Yeah, I mean, I would be more disappointed with a bronzer or something. It's just a really blah item to me. It's a brand they've done before (more than once), and a pretty humdrum item. Usable certainly, and I think a white shadow should be in everyone's arsenal (though I already have probably 4-5) but it definitely wouldn't make me want to stay if I was on the verge of leaving.

 

Definitely know what you mean! I'm just trying to stay positive about it since it is my only sub this month. IPSY, I WILL YOU TO BE AWESOME THIS MONTH.

 

I wonder if the idea behind a white shadow is a play on the "don't wear white after labor day" rule?

post #740 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahinaM View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Found this online via a Google image search.

 

Image source: http://karlasugar.net/

Is it just me or do they look extremely blah. If this one is to be in different colors, they don't have much color to them in general. And I agree with others, I'd rather have a new, or not as widely known brand than one I can buy down the street at a Long's or Wal-Mart

 

There are a ton of colors, those are just the ones in this particular color family in the review.

post #741 of 3584

I like the light color I get a lot of use out of a silver white color and I know my brothers GF will want the one from my second sub if that is the only color.  She keeps hitting pan on her silver white in her hard candy palette that she love so much. she has like 3 palettes with all the silver color gone. 

post #742 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Don't know if I'm excited or not! On one hand, I've never tried NYX shadows. On the other hand, I have roughly 5 billion shadows and already have a hard time using them all! Eyeshadows are my favorite makeup...but I buy way too many...
Ha! I now have a super awesome idea for our mystery swap! Oh.. I don't know if we decided to do that yet but I heart your idea a lot! Reading the words a little Mystery fun swap filled me with girl glee!!!
post #743 of 3584
Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Hi!! Still no laptop but today & tomorrow are filled with deep cleaning & organizing. Had I done a spring cleaning my fall cleaning wouldn't be a 2 day suck fest lol ssssssssh.... Its a secret.... I may or may not have started a care package today too for someone who may or may not have mouse in their name hehehe. Keyword being start lol If my laptop isn't back by Saturday.....I threatened to tell MOM! We are grown a$$ women but it'll work wAtch lol oh & ps I am online but it says I'm not. Idk why?!?!
post #744 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

 

Definitely know what you mean! I'm just trying to stay positive about it since it is my only sub this month. IPSY, I WILL YOU TO BE AWESOME THIS MONTH.

 

I wonder if the idea behind a white shadow is a play on the "don't wear white after labor day" rule?

Nice theory!! I so wouldn't have even thought of that.

 

On my computer screen the color in the Ipsy pic looks like Hollywood, more on the silvery side, but I have a cheap laptop, so I don't know if maybe it's a bit off lol. It also kinda looks like Geisha....

post #745 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieBBon View Post

Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Hi!! Still no laptop but today & tomorrow are filled with deep cleaning & organizing. Had I done a spring cleaning my fall cleaning wouldn't be a 2 day suck fest lol ssssssssh.... Its a secret.... I may or may not have started a care package today too for someone who may or may not have mouse in their name hehehe. Keyword being start lol If my laptop isn't back by Saturday.....I threatened to tell MOM! We are grown a$$ women but it'll work wAtch lol oh & ps I am online but it says I'm not. Idk why?!?!

You are too funny!!!! I saw that you were cleaning stuff out today. I was going to send a rescue crew to find you if I hadn't heard from you soon! hehehe...

And telling mom always works no matter how old you get. And I have a similar care package for some one who's name reminds me of yummy ice cream bites :)

As soon as I get paid which is any time between now and Tuesday. Working for a not-for-profit with less then 20 employs our pay days can be a bit surprising.

post #746 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post

Nice theory!! I so wouldn't have even thought of that.

On my computer screen the color in the Ipsy pic looks like Hollywood, more on the silvery side, but I have a cheap laptop, so I don't know if maybe it's a bit off lol. It also kinda looks like Geisha....

I agree it looks a little silvery but doesn't seem to match up probably because of different cameras but looks like geisha to me too.
post #747 of 3584

I don't own anything by NYX yet so I'd be excited, no matter what color it is.........

post #748 of 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Definitely know what you mean! I'm just trying to stay positive about it since it is my only sub this month. IPSY, I WILL YOU TO BE AWESOME THIS MONTH.

I wonder if the idea behind a white shadow is a play on the "don't wear white after labor day" rule?
Well the way I see it, white is one of the most usable eyeshadow colors, so literally everyone, even the eyeshadow haters like me, can use it as a highlighter. It is boring but it's good to have it in your arsenal and it will be nice to see what the formula on Nyx shadows is. And it can only get more thrilling from here, right? (Watch them send out unsecured Chapstick or something to prove me wrong, ha!)
post #749 of 3584

I am one of the weird ones who can justify anything from sephora, but never buy drugstore / middle of the road brands because generally they aren't that much cheaper than the expensive brands (also I get mac at 40% off so its so close to drugstore). For me getting to try what I call "ulta brands" are actually why I sub to ipsy!

 

I also don't have white shadow, I generally use cream, champagne and other light nudes. white might be fun to play with.

post #750 of 3584
Not super excited about this bag, which really sucks because I usually am. Boring item for the first spoiler, IMHO. I guess all the drama from August is making me unsure about this month. Maybe it will all work out and this month will be great. Hoping so anyways! Being on some exciting spoilers Ipsy!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: September 2013 SPOILERS discussion