or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

Goodies Co. Box - August 2013

post #1 of 153
Thread Starter 

I know that many of us are cancelling, but I'm sticking around for August for a few reasons:

 

1) It's their anniversary box, but whether or not they'll do anything special is up for debate

2) It's my birthday month

3) After August, I'll have enough points for a free Sept Box.  So I'm going to take the next two months to decide!

 

I'm hoping for more samples and/or bigger sizes this month!  What's on your Goodies Wishlist?

post #2 of 153

I have enough points that august is free, so i'll give them another chance before I cancel. I want bigger sample sizes and better value. This month's samples were so tiny it was straight up pitiful, and the box itself wasn't even worth 7 bucks. And the one sample I did love, the Cosmo Cinnamon Crunch, isn't available in the goodies store and is sold nowhere within like.. 200 miles of me. -_-
 

post #3 of 153

My August box will be free, and I will probably freeze my subscription for a couple months.

post #4 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post

I have enough points that august is free, so i'll give them another chance before I cancel. I want bigger sample sizes and better value. This month's samples were so tiny it was straight up pitiful, and the box itself wasn't even worth 7 bucks. And the one sample I did love, the Cosmo Cinnamon Crunch, isn't available in the goodies store and is sold nowhere within like.. 200 miles of me. -_-
 


I totally agree with you. This is my last month if things don't get better.

post #5 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Haradon View Post


I totally agree with you. This is my last month if things don't get better.


Same here. This month is also my free box. Last month's box was disappointing (minus the jelly beans), and even though it's only $7 a month, I'd rather use that somewhere else if the box is going to continue being subpar.

post #6 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imberis View Post


Same here. This month is also my free box. Last month's box was disappointing (minus the jelly beans), and even though it's only $7 a month, I'd rather use that somewhere else if the box is going to continue being subpar.

 

ditto, i'll keep an eye on my account (my last free box I was charged anyway and had to get it fixed) but aug should be my free box. almost positive this is gonna be on hold for a couple months or outright cancelled.

 

i feel we've given it enough of a chance to see that as a trend it doesnt seem to be trying very hard ...although the good boxes are really good. 

post #7 of 153
this will be my deciding month. I *may* have enough points after the August box to get a free box, so I do hope they step it up! I also subscribe to nature box and munchit, but was really hoping the goodie box would be a true snack box. ah well...
post #8 of 153

I decided to cancel. I realized that some of the food was great, but I didn't feel it was worth it anymore. Besides, I jumped on the new Le Metier De Beaute sub, so I decided to cut out all the subs that I wasn't totally in love with and sorry, Goodies...this is you. 

post #9 of 153

I'm still subbed, for $7 a month I figure it's worth it for the surprise factor. :)

post #10 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo Steph View Post

I'm still subbed, for $7 a month I figure it's worth it for the surprise factor. :)


I can easily spend $7 on junk food....so I wish they had this in Canada- I'm not in the US at the moment.

 

Guess I'll have to keep watching to see what people get!

 

*I had to look up what was "COSMO CINNAMON CRUNCH" as I love anything w cinnamon and it is a corn snack?

sounds so good!

 

I actually just bought a similar thing from nuts online but it was called "caramel puffs" and had no cinnamon.

I do not reccomend it as you can eat the whole bag...next time I will get 2 bags and try adding some cinnamon to a portion before eating :)

post #11 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee View Post


I can easily spend $7 on junk food....so I wish they had this in Canada- I'm not in the US at the moment.

 

Guess I'll have to keep watching to see what people get!

 

*I had to look up what was "COSMO CINNAMON CRUNCH" as I love anything w cinnamon and it is a corn snack?

sounds so good!

 

I actually just bought a similar thing from nuts online but it was called "caramel puffs" and had no cinnamon.

I do not reccomend it as you can eat the whole bag...next time I will get 2 bags and try adding some cinnamon to a portion before eating :)

 

i swear to me it tastes like a cereal my friend used to love... corn pops

post #12 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbyechick View Post

 

i swear to me it tastes like a cereal my friend used to love... corn pops

 

omg, you're right! I LOVED corn pops! Time to do a little experiment with some cornpops and cinnamon-sugar..

post #13 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post

 

omg, you're right! I LOVED corn pops! Time to do a little experiment with some cornpops and cinnamon-sugar..


Corn pops in Canada is so different from the US one.

Here the cereal is in small round pellets and very crunchy- not the "weird" US shape.

 

Also if you like Corn pops- Natures Path has a version that is chocolate peanut butter- it is in the kids cereal line.

 

I'm pretty sure we have cinnamon corn pops in Canada, or maybe it was just a limited edition when I saw it sometime.

post #14 of 153
Got my notice that my free box has been redeemed and my box will update so charges and processing have begun
post #15 of 153
Thread Starter 

I'm getting box 3!  Yay! (Normally when I get a box with a smaller #, I like it better.)

post #16 of 153

Getting box 1 here, I think I almost always get the same box number...the waiting begins

post #17 of 153

We are twins. I am getting #3 too.

 

I really hope this is a good month. My son is harassing me to change to Orange Glad. He hasn't liked anything in the last 2 boxes.

post #18 of 153
I can't tell which box I am getting. I received my shipping notice. :-(

edit: I am getting box#7
Edited by DeSha - 8/5/13 at 1:43pm
post #19 of 153
I'm getting box #3 for both my subs, and box #1 for the kids on one of them.
post #20 of 153

Free box #6 for me. I really want to unsubscribe but hubby apparently wants me to keep this sub =/

post #21 of 153
Box #7 for me.
post #22 of 153
This will be my 3rd box and I'm already using my points for a free box....... it has updated that it's box #3. I really liked my first month, my 2nd ummm not the greatest so fingers are crossed that this one will be another good one!
post #23 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayo Steph View Post

I'm still subbed, for $7 a month I figure it's worth it for the surprise factor. :)

So true! It's $7 easily at Starbucks for latte and a snack. This is a whole box! delivered to your house! I signed up my son for the Kid's Goodies Box too, figuring it's only fair since his sister gets Ipsy.

I've even ordered stuff I've liked from the website, when they do discounts and free shipping. 

post #24 of 153

looks like i'm getting box #3 and it's not scheduled to ship until Wednesday :( i think this will be my last box. Would rather cancel and get nature box. :) 

post #25 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Kane View Post

looks like i'm getting box #3 and it's not scheduled to ship until Wednesday :( i think this will be my last box. Would rather cancel and get nature box. :) 

 

OMG, I love Nature Box! I am chewing on a Blueberry Nom Nom right now. Their snacks are healthy and fresh. It costs more than Goodies, but its worth it IMHO.

 

post #26 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Kane View Post

looks like i'm getting box #3 and it's not scheduled to ship until Wednesday frown.gif i think this will be my last box. Would rather cancel and get nature box. smile.gif 

I like Goodies better than Naturebox. I'm thinking about cancelling Naturebox, but I hate that you have to call. The snacks are okay, but too much dried fruit. Not my favorite.
post #27 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsfajsmama View Post


I like Goodies better than Naturebox. I'm thinking about cancelling Naturebox, but I hate that you have to call. The snacks are okay, but too much dried fruit. Not my favorite.

 

 

Have you tried the new system where you can go in and pick your snacks? They have added lots of other snacks potions like more nut mixes and salty treats too. I had fun mixing up my box this month.

post #28 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSha View Post


Have you tried the new system where you can go in and pick your snacks? They have added lots of other snacks potions like more nut mixes and salty treats too. I had fun mixing up my box this month.

My page says that it's still coming so I can't do it yet. I may resub once it's available for everyone, then I could use my Popsugar coupon. I would definitely like it a lot better if I could choose somewhat. I also wish you could order more of the things you like, they really need a store.
post #29 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsfajsmama View Post


My page says that it's still coming so I can't do it yet. I may resub once it's available for everyone, then I could use my Popsugar coupon. I would definitely like it a lot better if I could choose somewhat. I also wish you could order more of the things you like, they really need a store.

 

Actually, they have an option now where you can add on additional items to your nature box. It's by # number of items.. so if you want an additional full size treat (and you can pick whatever it is), you can purchase it for an $4. If you want two additional items, then it's $7. If you want three additional items, it's $8. Again all custom selected by you. They give you a  new total of your box and everything *before* you confirm, so you know exactly what you will pay that month for all the extras.

 

I really do like the way its structured now. They have all their snacks (old and new ones) listed by category so its better organized. More control over your monthly box. You can select to get all of your favorite items. Of course, some folks still want to be surprised and there is an option to just let them pick the box every month. I'm a control freak, lol. So if I try something, like it but don't love it, I will move it out of my next month's box and select something else.

 

Hopefully you can get access to all these features soon. It says beta on my screen but I used the system to get my box this month and it worked like a charm.

post #30 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSha View Post

Actually, they have an option now where you can add on additional items to your nature box. It's by # number of items.. so if you want an additional full size treat (and you can pick whatever it is), you can purchase it for an $4. If you want two additional items, then it's $7. If you want three additional items, it's $8. Again all custom selected by you. They give you a  new total of your box and everything *before* you confirm, so you know exactly what you will pay that month for all the extras.

I really do like the way its structured now. They have all their snacks (old and new ones) listed by category so its better organized. More control over your monthly box. You can select to get all of your favorite items. Of course, some folks still want to be surprised and there is an option to just let them pick the box every month. I'm a control freak, lol. So if I try something, like it but don't love it, I will move it out of my next month's box and select something else.

Hopefully you can get access to all these features soon. It says beta on my screen but I used the system to get my box this month and it worked like a charm.

That's sounds so much more like what I want. I wonder if you like something that was in your box, if you can add it on with the next box. Maybe I'll give them a little more time.
  Return Home
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Subscription & Sampling Programs › Discussions › Goodies Co. Box - August 2013