or Connect
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2013 SPOILERS discussion

Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2013 SPOILERS discussion - Page 5

post #121 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post
 

 

I *just* missed out on the October bag last year!  I was starting to discover subscriptions last fall after finding an article about Birchbox in a magazine.  I signed up for their waitlist and was still waiting for a spot to open up when I found MUT  :icon_cheers: and learned about Ipsy & all the other subs.  I got the Nov 2012 bag, and fell in love!  (Also, that bag was amazing!  Benefit, The Balm, BareMinerals, Nailtini, and Starlet - ok, the last two were just OK, but I wasn't on black eyeliner overload at that point and only had about 3 nail polishes!) all in one bag!  And I found my HG Mascara (Benefit's They're Real) in that bag and it's come full circle with me hosting an Ipsy/Benefit LashBash tomorrow!

 
I hate all the issues that Ipsy's been having lately, particularly with shipping, but my August bag was SO amazing that I'm willing to keep them through at least December!  I absolutely understand the huge amount of cancellations lately.  They need to step it up on shipping and customer satisfaction.  I really hope they send an amazing October bag to everyone!  (And if they copy the chevron print from last Oct, I will have NO objection!)

 

The chevron bag was my first bag I think! I signed up for Birchbox and Glossybox first because I was spending tons of money at Sephora and watching a lot of youtube videos and I discovered beauty boxes that way. I waited on Ipsy though, since everyone was mad at there service before they changed there name. And then I kept adding subs thinking I was going to drop some and it still hasn't happened.... lol... I really need to though.

 
I wish I was going to a lash bash! It looks like fun! I am going to the book fair in DC though so this weekend is going to be lots of fun!
post #122 of 3075
October is my birthday month and probably like most October babies, I DO NOT want a Halloween themed anything. My mom tried ever year to get me to have a Halloween themed birthday party when I was little. I love Halloween don't get me wrong, but if I see orange in my bag I won't be happy. I'm hoping for some bronzy colors instead. Maybe a fall theme?
post #123 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post
 

I would love a cat print bag, The Balm, Zoya & since they are fond of sending eyeliners a purple one would be great!

I love cats! I would also love a cat print bag. Halloween is also my favorite holiday so I would love a Halloween print (Halloween black cat print omg...), and I also would love any and all cheesy Halloween nail polish or stickers, make-up, accessories, etc.

 

I realize I'm probably the only person on here who would be happy with an over-the-top Halloween bag, but I don't care, it's my favorite time of year!! 7.gif

post #124 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post
 

I love cats! I would also love a cat print bag. Halloween is also my favorite holiday so I would love a Halloween print (Halloween black cat print omg...), and I also would love any and all cheesy Halloween nail polish or stickers, make-up, accessories, etc.

 

I realize I'm probably the only person on here who would be happy with an over-the-top Halloween bag, but I don't care, it's my favorite time of year!! 7.gif

 

You aren't alone! I'd love to see a bag full of more fantasy makeup stuff :)

post #125 of 3075

Some things I'd like to get:

-An eye primer

-Fall colored shadow/pigment or liner (orange/copper/rust etc)

-Lip liner

-A hair heat protector

-One Novelty Halloween Beauty Item (like nail stickers, fake nails, eye tattoos,any of those WnW/Fantasy Maker items -which I totally stock up on after Halloween for like 75-90% off, I have like 4 pairs of crazy fake lashes from them and I use the glitter eyeliners a lot too and I get them so cheap lol )

post #126 of 3075

SOOO quick question.

 

I want to trade bags with someone and I looked at their account (I'm trading my PopSugar Fall Luxury tote for a different print). 

They signed up for an MUT account today and have not posted on any threads...

 

How do I go about trading in this situation? Do I wait for her to send me a tracking number first? I don't want to send my bag off and get nothing in return. Sorry if I shouldn't post on this thread but I thought it would be more awkward if she saw this on the PopSugar thread.

post #127 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post

SOOO quick question.

I want to trade bags with someone and I looked at their account (I'm trading my PopSugar Fall Luxury tote for a different print). 
They signed up for an MUT account today and have not posted on any threads...

How do I go about trading in this situation? Do I wait for her to send me a tracking number first? I don't want to send my bag off and get nothing in return. Sorry if I shouldn't post on this thread but I thought it would be more awkward if she saw this on the PopSugar thread.

I think it's totally reasonable to have her send the item first unless she can show you positive feedback from somewhere else like ebay.
post #128 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanholloway View Post

October wishlist:

- lip scrub
-sheet masks
-hair chalk
-berry-red lipstick
-a grayish purple mushroomy color eyeshadow. I don't know how to describe it!

 

Hair chalk would be fun, but if that is a picture of you with the red hair, I would be a tad worried it wouldn't show up very well. I have light to medium brown hair and I tried a green hair chalk I found on clearance. It took many, many swipes to get it to show up just a little. I have heard hair chalks work as designed only on blondes, for the most part.

post #129 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslaurelann View Post

October is my birthday month and probably like most October babies, I DO NOT want a Halloween themed anything. My mom tried ever year to get me to have a Halloween themed birthday party when I was little. I love Halloween don't get me wrong, but if I see orange in my bag I won't be happy. I'm hoping for some bronzy colors instead. Maybe a fall theme?

 

Sorry. My husband's birthday is December 31. He hated it being so close to Christmas. Plus, if he wants to go out, crowds are everywhere and out really late. He also sometimes misses out on 'birthday deals' offered by restaurants and retailers, but thankfully most are now offering a 1-2 week window instead of restricting you to your actual birth*day*. As far as October, though, I have a friend whose birthday is on Halloween and she is absolutely Halloween crazy! I think most people who have birthdays on or very close to holidays dislike it, but sometimes you come across someone who loves it.

post #130 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post


I think it's totally reasonable to have her send the item first unless she can show you positive feedback from somewhere else like ebay.

 

I've only traded on here twice, and the person just said to me that they'd mail their item out after they received mine. I wasn't offended.

post #131 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post
 

I love cats! I would also love a cat print bag. Halloween is also my favorite holiday so I would love a Halloween print (Halloween black cat print omg...), and I also would love any and all cheesy Halloween nail polish or stickers, make-up, accessories, etc.

 

I realize I'm probably the only person on here who would be happy with an over-the-top Halloween bag, but I don't care, it's my favorite time of year!! 7.gif

 

I would like a Halloween bag myself, but maybe not too over the top. The bag itself could suggest Halloween, but I hope it isn't orange or cartoon like--I'd prefer a bit more subtlety. Also, I wouldn't want actual Halloween makeup. One item would be ok, or better yet, some kind of Halloween extra as a fun favor. Nothing expensive, but maybe a spider slip on ring? The makeup could just suggest fall and be usable other than just on the holiday. So, at touch of Halloween--excellent! Going overboard as if we were still kids--not something I'd like at all. Just me though. Some people care as much about the bags as the products inside and some would love holiday makeup, I'm sure.

post #132 of 3075

Hi everyone, I actually just cancelled my Ipsy subscription (super disappointed in last month's bag & thought I'd give Sample Society a try) and when I went to cancel they mentioned a few brands that would be in the next bag, so I thought I would share!

 

The Balm

Urban Decay

Yes to

 

It was tough to cancel after seeing those names but got to keep the subscription addiction in check! Also Sample Society will have a Butter London polish, so I thought I'd take that guarantee over a perhaps disappointing bag.

post #133 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlady View Post
 

Hi everyone, I actually just cancelled my Ipsy subscription (super disappointed in last month's bag & thought I'd give Sample Society a try) and when I went to cancel they mentioned a few brands that would be in the next bag, so I thought I would share!

 

The Balm

Urban Decay

Yes to

 

It was tough to cancel after seeing those names but got to keep the subscription addiction in check! Also Sample Society will have a Butter London polish, so I thought I'd take that guarantee over a perhaps disappointing bag.

 

They always say this. It is kind of bluffing (or at least misleading) in that they don't mean to state that those brands are coming up in a month or two. (But it sure *insinuates* that is what will happen, SMH!) They do include those brands from time to time, though, so it isn't a lie, just deplorable trickery to try to stop you from cancelling. I don't like all the roadblocks they throw up when you try to cancel. They are very, very shady about it, unlike most other subs.

post #134 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Hicks View Post

Hair chalk would be fun, but if that is a picture of you with the red hair, I would be a tad worried it wouldn't show up very well. I have light to medium brown hair and I tried a green hair chalk I found on clearance. It took many, many swipes to get it to show up just a little. I have heard hair chalks work as designed only on blondes, for the most part.

Yeah, I suspected that hair chalks weren't what they're cracked up to be. Which is why I'm hoping to get one in a sub. So I can play around with one but without making much of a monetary commitment. October seems like the perfect month for Ipsy to send them out!
post #135 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post
 

SOOO quick question.

 

I want to trade bags with someone and I looked at their account (I'm trading my PopSugar Fall Luxury tote for a different print). 

They signed up for an MUT account today and have not posted on any threads...

 

How do I go about trading in this situation? Do I wait for her to send me a tracking number first? I don't want to send my bag off and get nothing in return. Sorry if I shouldn't post on this thread but I thought it would be more awkward if she saw this on the PopSugar thread.

 

I think it's completely reasonable for you to ask her to ship first since you do have positive trader feedback and she doesn't. I wouldn't expect anyone who is honest to be offended by that. I know the fact that she just signed up feels a little awkward, but a lot of us stalk these threads anonymously before joining.. I did it for a few months before I realized I wanted to be a part of the discussions, not just read spoilers. Good luck! 

post #136 of 3075
Ugh. I backed out of canceling my bag. I just hate thinking the next one might be great.

If you're interested in hair chalking, pick up a good coupon for Michaels and get their box of soft pastels. It's like $4.99 regular price. Try that before investing in chalks, because they will wreck and ravage the hell out of even the softest hair!!
post #137 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post


I think it's totally reasonable to have her send the item first unless she can show you positive feedback from somewhere else like ebay.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenk View Post
 

 

I've only traded on here twice, and the person just said to me that they'd mail their item out after they received mine. I wasn't offended.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira685 View Post
 

 

I think it's completely reasonable for you to ask her to ship first since you do have positive trader feedback and she doesn't. I wouldn't expect anyone who is honest to be offended by that. I know the fact that she just signed up feels a little awkward, but a lot of us stalk these threads anonymously before joining.. I did it for a few months before I realized I wanted to be a part of the discussions, not just read spoilers. Good luck! 

 

Thanks guys! I stalked for a bit before joining bc I was never really a forum person but it was way too much fun talking about makeup to not join! lol
 
I was just concerned since she hadn't made any posts or anything. She just messaged me first so I was nervous about it! MOSTLY BC I LIKE HER BAG SO MUCH!!!
 
Do I have to just ask her to ship first or do I have to receive the item first before shipping back? 
 
Thanks again guys!
post #138 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post
 

SOOO quick question.

 

I want to trade bags with someone and I looked at their account (I'm trading my PopSugar Fall Luxury tote for a different print). 

They signed up for an MUT account today and have not posted on any threads...

 

How do I go about trading in this situation? Do I wait for her to send me a tracking number first? I don't want to send my bag off and get nothing in return. Sorry if I shouldn't post on this thread but I thought it would be more awkward if she saw this on the PopSugar thread.

 

I just did my first trade and had no problem sending my item first.  The person I was trading with had a lot of positive feedback so I was even okay with her waiting to send hers until the item I sent was delivered.  For my first few trades I will expect to have to at least send tracking first.   It is better for both parties involved for her to send first.  She will be able to build good feedback and trust and you won't have to worry.  

post #139 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannie135 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy View Post


I think it's totally reasonable to have her send the item first unless she can show you positive feedback from somewhere else like ebay.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenk View Post
 

 

I've only traded on here twice, and the person just said to me that they'd mail their item out after they received mine. I wasn't offended.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira685 View Post
 

 

I think it's completely reasonable for you to ask her to ship first since you do have positive trader feedback and she doesn't. I wouldn't expect anyone who is honest to be offended by that. I know the fact that she just signed up feels a little awkward, but a lot of us stalk these threads anonymously before joining.. I did it for a few months before I realized I wanted to be a part of the discussions, not just read spoilers. Good luck! 

 

Thanks guys! I stalked for a bit before joining bc I was never really a forum person but it was way too much fun talking about makeup to not join! lol
 
I was just concerned since she hadn't made any posts or anything. She just messaged me first so I was nervous about it! MOSTLY BC I LIKE HER BAG SO MUCH!!!
 
Do I have to just ask her to ship first or do I have to receive the item first before shipping back? 
 
Thanks again guys!

 

I've traded with a few newbies here.  Once I got a tracking number, I checked to make sure it showed actual movement before sending my item.  The only concern with this is if she sends a random item/empty envelope, but the chances of that happening are SUPER slim.  

 
Bottom line, maybe ask her to wait until the 5 days/15 posts rule that applies to posting in the forum (I posted the rules from the TOS below) and then check to see the kinds of posts she's making.  Are they relevant to discussions?  Does it seem like she wants to be an active part of MUT (and therefore, doesn't want to ruin her "reputation" on here with a bad trade)? Or is she posting one-word answers and just trying to increase her post count?  
 
Hope this helps!
 

Requirements to post in the Buy Sell Trade forum:

  1. Must have 15 regular forums posts.
  2. Must be a member of Makeup Talk for at least 5 days.
  3. May bypass this requirement by purchasing a premium seller upgrade (NON-REFUNDABLE and subject to the rules).
post #140 of 3075

Just keep in mind that new does not necessarily mean sneaky. I've been around here for months but didn't get into the trading thing right away. I think I've done a handful of trades on here??? But, I had done a handful through Ipsy's FB swap page before trying to swap on here. I will say trading through FB is different as no one does extras or fancy packaging on there. So when I came on here, I was surprised by how much effort most people put into sending a swap. I felt really bad for not doing anything special or extra for the stuff I sent out.

post #141 of 3075
For those of you questioning the hair chalk on dark hair, here's a tutorial. She used chalk pastels from michaels for around $5. http://youtu.be/cYjdjLCCrIE
post #142 of 3075

Oh man, please no hair chalk for me.

 

My hair is about 1/3" long, and what there is of it is very black. I'd end up with a hideously stained scalp and nothing else XD

post #143 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonblossom View Post
 

Oh man, please no hair chalk for me.

 

My hair is about 1/3" long, and what there is of it is very black. I'd end up with a hideously stained scalp and nothing else XD

 

hey, you could start a new trend! 

post #144 of 3075

So, after my second month with Ipsy, I'm pretty addicted to the idea of subscriptions... what are your favorites? I've been looking into Birchbox and Sample Society.

post #145 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post

For those of you questioning the hair chalk on dark hair, here's a tutorial. She used chalk pastels from michaels for around $5. http://youtu.be/cYjdjLCCrIE
I have dark hair and after watching some YouTube and trying myself, the trick is damp hair and wet chalk. Shows up really well.
post #146 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindzebra View Post
 

So, after my second month with Ipsy, I'm pretty addicted to the idea of subscriptions... what are your favorites? I've been looking into Birchbox and Sample Society.

 

I like Sample Society and Glossybox (I have cancelled both, found myself missing them, and resubbed) and I'm trying out the Blush.com mystery box, which looks really good. :)

 
Birchbox is okay but I found myself getting less excited about it, so I cancelled. But the points are fun.
post #147 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindzebra View Post

So, after my second month with Ipsy, I'm pretty addicted to the idea of subscriptions... what are your favorites? I've been looking into Birchbox and Sample Society.

I adore Ipsy, GlossyBox, and Wantable.

Birchbox just didn't do it for me. Too many foil packet and lifestyle samples. Underwhelming.
post #148 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindzebra View Post

So, after my second month with Ipsy, I'm pretty addicted to the idea of subscriptions... what are your favorites? I've been looking into Birchbox and Sample Society.
I sub to ipsy and bb5 ( although I'm not in love with bb5). Next month I'll have Topbox too. I'm also addicted to the Whimseybox, which is a craft box.
post #149 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post
 

 

I like Sample Society and Glossybox (I have cancelled both, found myself missing them, and resubbed) and I'm trying out the Blush.com mystery box, which looks really good. :)

 
Birchbox is okay but I found myself getting less excited about it, so I cancelled. But the points are fun.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldLion1992 View Post


I adore Ipsy, GlossyBox, and Wantable.

Birchbox just didn't do it for me. Too many foil packet and lifestyle samples. Underwhelming.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkreads View Post


I sub to ipsy and bb5 ( although I'm not in love with bb5). Next month I'll have Topbox too. I'm also addicted to the Whimseybox, which is a craft box.

 

I think I'm leaning toward Sample Society or the Blush Mystery Box. Topbox looks awesome, but from what I can tell it's only in Canada, right?

post #150 of 3075

Anyone know of any good promo codes for boxes?

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ipsy Subscribers
MakeupTalk.com › Groups › Ipsy Subscribers › Discussions › Ipsy Glam Bag: October 2013 SPOILERS discussion